I have waited a thousand year...

By ilikewrittingfanfics

Fiona Margaret Swan is Bella's twin sister. When Renee and Charlie got divorced she stayed behind with her fa... More

There was before you, and it was dark.
Reincarnation of the soul
History class
Close to death.
Vampires
A Christmas day
A perfect life
Trouble at our door
The sky is getting darker
The chaos begins
Getting used to change
Enjoying it while it lasts
What dreams are made of.
The day before catastrophe
Isabella gets to school
Oh, no.
We'll get through this.
Only the beginning
You aren't my sister
Playing with fire will get you burnt
I can't hold back for much longer.
Heartache and Hidden Desires
Tempest of Books: Unraveling Sisterhood
I have waited a thousand years for you.

Beach, bitch

1.2K 27 0
By ilikewrittingfanfics

Edward was quickly approaching Bella, not as fast as he had approached her when that van nearly killed her sister, but still, fast. There was something up with the Cullens, and she wanted in. If she had to pretend, lie and crawl her way into it she would. She continued walking normally, pretending she hand't seen him from the corner of her eye, the bright yellow school bus was just by her side when he finally reached her.

"Bella, it would be better if we weren't friends." Those words were not what she had been expecting. He couldn't just step away from her life, not now that she was so close to figuring out whatever made this family so secretive, so weird. So popular. The Cullen's drew glances and looks wherever they went, she wanted that. She would get it, one way or another. Bella knew she had to do something about it, and she knew exactly what would drive someone like him crazy. Edward Cullen was a hopeless hero, he wanted - more than anything - to save everyone he saw was broken or in need. She had fed him the sad little image of Margaret's little sister, she just had to continue playing that role, and he would do the rest all by himself.

"Too bad you didn't figure that out earlier." Her eyes fell to her shoes, sighing deeply, her face contorted with unfelt pain and sadness. "You could have let the van crush me and saved yourself all this regret." She pushed past him, continuing her walk, her hand holding on tightly to her schoolbag."

"You think I regret saving you?" Edward broke in, just as she had expected, going after her. People like him, they crave people who seem to need help, they fall for those who depend on them. They need control.

"I know you do." Her feet had paused, both standing right by the doors of the yellow school bus, her tongue snapped on her mouth. She was getting somewhere, she could see it in his eyes.

"You don't know anything." His harshness settled within her, and she truly seemed to be stung by it, at least in his eyes. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Alice - the short, energetic and very annoying, adoptive sister of Edward Cullen - appeared by Edward's side. She eyes Bella with curiosity, as f she could tell something was up with her, but couldn't quite place her finger on what.

"The bus is leaving." Her short hair didn't flinch a bit as her tiny head bounced from side to side, as she swung from her heels to her toes. Her orangey eyes set on Bella's. "Hi. Will you be riding with us?" Edward snapped back at her, his eyes glistening with something Bella could not decipher.

"No. Our bus is full." He purposefully walks Alice away. But he glances back at Bella when he reaches the doors, a foot already inside, with what Bella thought might be a hit of remorse. Good. Her plan was working.

***

Margaret was approaching the Cullen's table at the cafeteria, Jasper alongside her, when Eric rushed after her, stepping right in front of them. Isabella Swan kept her eyes on her sister, in her mind, she thought there must be something she did wrong. Perhaps, it was him. At least that's what she decided to believe, that her sister wasn't really in love with Jasper Hale, because love wasn't that perfect. It couldn't be.

"La Push baby! You in?" He slid along the cafeteria's floors, his sneakers squeaking along the floor, making the effect look cringey and awkward, but still, Margaret offered him a reassuring smile. That was Margaret, always supportive, always kind. Jasper had fallen in love with that girl, the gentle soul that held everyone above herself.

"Oh," Her smile fell for a second, her eyes meeting Jasper's. She knew of their agreement, Vampires were not allowed in Quileutae lands, it was werewolf territory. Jasper couldn't go. Bella, sitting at the round table with her 'friends', saw her sister's eyes flicker towards Jasper, and she tried so desperately to decline Eric's offer. That was it, Bella thought, it Wass proof enough. Her sister did not want Jasper to go with her, she did not love him. "I don't know, Eric..." Jasper smiled at her, his eyes gentle on hers.

"Why not? go, its been a while since you've been to the beach, and you love it so much." He encouraged, and though every inch of his body hurt at the thought of letting her unprotected in werewolf territory, he knew she wanted to go. Jasper couldn't just ask her not to go, he couldn't - he wouldn't - do that to her. There was a fight inside of him, the darkest parts of himself burning and dying to snap, aching to take her in his arms and dare any werewolf to approach her. He had to fight it.

"Well, I suppose I can drop by." Margaret agreed, nodding her head. Eric returned to the table, sitting by Angela and Jessica. Margaret glanced at her sister, her face seemed numb and expressionless as she gazed away from her. It was then, as they moved back to seat at the Cullen's table, that she felt Jasper's hand on hers tighten. He was tense, his expression pained. "Jazz?" He didn't look at her. "Jasper." She tried again, this time he looked at directly at er, but his eyes were different, they felt restless and somewhat darker. Luckily, their interaction was cut short. As they sat own at the table, Edward approached Bella at the salad bar, determined and yet hesitant. Isabella held herself in a ball, closed over herself, like a frightened deer would hide from a hunter. They talked little, and in such hushed voices only the Cullen's could hear them. Jasper, though, wasn't paying them any attention, as he tried desperately to fight the urges inside of him. Margaret was about to ask if he was okay, her hand already reaching for his, when Alice gasped. "What is it?" She asked hurriedly, Michael was already placing his hand on her shoulder as comfort. They looked at her, eyes filled with apologetic sadness.

"Bella has invited Edward to La Push." Jasper said calmly, his voice wavering, as if it were shifting between two different people.

"He can't go, it's at the reservation, he can't-" Margaret stopped. They hadn't worried about Edward going to the beach, they worried about him not going. If he did not show, Bella would grow suspicious, ask questions. Paul and Jacob would be there, and she could discover everything they had worked so hard on keeping from her. "He can't go." She repeated, this time her concern showing as the conclusion settled in her mind. "She could find out, everything." A silence so great fell upon them that even Maggie - without vampire hearing - could listen to her sister's proud strut back to her table. "I'll try my best to keep her from finding out." She assured them.

When classes ended, Margaret got in the car with Jasper. Over the course of the day he had had the chance to shake away the overwhelming feeling of loosing control, which had exhausted him terribly. She didn't want to leave, not when he was fighting so hard against himself, not when he needed her most. But then again, she couldn't allow Bella to find out about their secret, that, too, would endanger, not only Jasper, but the whole Cullen family.

"You have to go." He interrupted, almost reading her mind. "I'll be fine." Jasper assured her, his eyes soft once more, resting on hers with such love and devotion she couldn't argue with him. So, she offered him a short nod and a smile, and they drove towards the reservation. Still, Maggie's mind wouldn't cease racing, a thousand thoughts flying by it. Jasper's darkest corners had been triggered by the mention of the beach. Of course, she understood, it was because he didn't want to leave her unprotected, specially in a time so critical like this one, were everything could fall apart in mere seconds.

"I really wish you could come with me." She said, her eyes on him, taking in his strong arm holding the steering wheel tightly, the veins in his hand pooping.

"I'm always with you." Jasper responded, his lips quirking upwards into a grin which made Margaret smile widely. "Though I would like to be there, in case anything happened." He added, his severity flooding back.

"I'll be fine, Paul will be there." Her hand soothed his arm, rubbing softly. Jasper's eyes shot at her, almost black with fury.

"Yes, Paul will be there." He repeated. Ah, Paul was the problem, being left alone and unprotected on werewolf territory with Paul, was the problem that had gotten him so worked up. Now she understood.

"Hey, Jazz." He looked at her again, his eyes lightening. "I'll be okay. It's just for a while, I'll make sure Bella doesn't discover anything and all will go back to the way it was." She assured, her hand still resting on his shoulder. Soon enough they arrived at the beach, were Paul was waiting, carelessly resting against his truck's door, arms crossed over his toned chest. Jasper stared at him as if he would rip his head apart any second. "Walk me out?" Margaret thought, that the only way to calm down Jasper's insecurities would be to have him face them, show him she would be fine on her own for a few hours.

"'Bout time, your sister got here almost an hour ago." His olive skin shone like bronze under buttery sunlight, he shifted, his face stern. Jasper's grip on her tightened, the muscles in his jaw twitching as he swallowed. "She could already know everything." Paul pressed, approaching Maggie with determination in his way.

"I came here only to make sure Jacob didn't spill any secrets." She snapped. It was all too much, she felt too much. Jasper was tensing, fighting whatever internal demons he had inside of him, the rest of the Cullens trying not to get exposed, Paul and the pack just began to get on her nerves, and her sister- Margaret was just one girl, one seventeen year old girl who was carrying more stress than she could manage. "Shouldn't that weight fall on your shoulders?" Even if inside she felt like she might buckle and break at that moment her confidence was being fueled by her despair and fury, so she took advantage of it as much as she could. "You might get to boss around everyone else, but leave me out of it, Paul. Especially now that I'm helping you out of this problem." Jasper had never seen Margaret this angry, and yet something inside him found comfort in it. It was understandable, Maggie had been through so much, and there was still so much to go through. He could only hold her, love her, comfort her, be there for her. They stepped away from Paul, their eyes colliding instantly, like magnets drawn to one another.

"I'll wait for you." He whispered, his hand caressing her face softly, like a promise. "And if anything happens, anything at all," His eyes darkened, his voice deeper, huskier. "I'll come for you."

"No, Jazz, the treaty-" Margaret warned, shaking her head, so terrified.

"Margaret." His voice held the weight of his concern, heavy and low. "I'll make this very clear," He held his hands to his lips, staring at her severely with almos black eyes. "If you come to any danger, you will scream, or yell or simply do something. I'll hear you, I'll feel you. Not even the treaty will hold me back." Maggie nodded slowly, her brows furrowed slightly.

"I'll be okay." She said, neither comprehending if it was meant to soothe herself or him. "I love you."

***

Bella must've wandered off looking fro Jacob, because when Margaret arrived by Mike's van she was no longer there. Angela, Jessica and Mike were talking and laughing, like normal seventeen-year-olds. Maggie fell into a comfortable conversation with them, trying as hard as she could to imagine this was her life, to imagine that there were no worse worries than asking a boy out or getting a date for prom.

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask me to prom, then he just... doesn't." She was telling her, hands intertwined and fidgety as she explained. Angela was one of the sweetest girls Maggie had ever met, and she deserved to be happy, to be treated right. Eric was a good guy, and he was crazy for her, but both were too shy to even dare speak to the other alone. It simply made them even more perfect for each other, they just needed a little push.

"You could ask him." Angela looked shocked as she entertained the thought, her cheeks blushing vividly. "Take control. You're a strong independent woman." Margaret encouraged, with honest, shining eyes.

"I am?" Angela asked aloud, her thoughts rushing through. Maggie nodded with the friendliest smile, and she was about to encourage her further when a haunting voice spoke from behind them.

"She is?" Bella's voice held a double meaning no one could decipher. It wasn't quite clear if she meant it as an insult to Angela or Margaret, but still, it earned a general discomfort within the group.

"Bells, I'm glad to see you here." Maggie addressed her sister, her eyes leveled with dominance. She wasn't in the best mood today, considering she had to babysit her sister from finding out the biggest darkest secrets of the people in Forks, and she had just insulter her, or her best friend, or maybe both. She didn't answer, simply looked at her with indifference.

"Margaret!" Jacob Black's voice captured her attention, causing her to turn and look at him. "Bella!" He exclaimed a little while later, a slight surprise in his eyes. Bella looked up to see four Quileute boys approaching the group; Jacob Black, Sam, Paul and Embry. Bella smiles at Jacob, a smile Maggie had already seen on her siter's face, a filtrations smile that intended to carve out answers.

"Guys, this is Jacob," Margaret introduced, signaling to the boy with long brown hair. "And theses are Sam, Paul and Embry." She went through the whole circle of boys that had formed around them. Though Paul and Sam barely looked their age, which told Margaret that Embry and Jacob had not yet shifted.

"Are you stalking me?" Bella said suddenly, cutting the easy conversation they had begun. Everyone stared silently, mouths slightly open.

"You're on my rez, remember?" Jacob replied, a teasing smile crawling its way into his face. Bella's tactics were working. "You surfing?" He asked, his eyes glistening with hope. "Definitely not." Her sister laughed. A fake laugh. After some time Maggie had learnt to distinguish it, the only time she really did laugh was when she was on the phone with Reneé.

"Keep her company. Her date bailed." Jessica interrupted, her comment clearly aiming to cause drama and hurt Bella. Maggie thought it had been wrong for her to do so, but deep down she felt like she deserved it, still, the guilt ate at her when she said nothing in her defense. Bella's eyes were set on her, she blinked a few times when she realized she wasnt going to defend her. It was a low blow, Maggie knew it, but she didn't care. Not anymore.

"What date?" Jacob wondered, his heart visibly breaking in the inside, the light in his eyes dimming.

"She invited Edward." Jessica explained, her head moving from side to side, making her ponytail bounce unnaturally.

"To be polite." Bella added quickly in defense, her plan threatened by Jessica's comment. She looked at Jacob, offering him an awkward smile with wandering eyes.

"I think it's nice she invited him. No one ever does." Angela stepped in, her caring and loving heart, as always, too big for the world, or at least for this friend group.

"Yeah, 'cause the Cullens are freaks." Mike said, not even lifting his head from the licorice he was munching on.

"Watch that mouth, Newton. You're talking of my friends." Margaret hit him playfully on his head, causing his eyes to lift at her, with an apologetical look on them.

"She means her boyfriend." Paul said dryly, his eye harsh on her, filled with disgust. "Who is coming to pick her up later." He continued, informing Sam, about the situation, his eyes near leaning hers.

"I mean them all." Margaret responded, her voice terribly calm for the anger that was brewing inside of her. "The Cullens are my friends, and my family." One would think these words would sting Bella, at least a little, but they got no reaction from her. It wasn't because she was trying to be strong, or because she was too deep into her plan to notice. No, she had heard her clearly, but she simply didn't care. It wasn't as if she saw her as family.

"You know them?" Bella interrupted, suddenly aware of the whole point of her plan. Jacob and his friends had laughed along, they had to know the Cullens, at least rumors or gossip.

"The Cullens don't come here." Jacob says under his breath, as if trying to tell her something without the rest of them knowing. Sam shoots him a look as he shakes his head sternly. Bella registers this, they did know something, and judging by the way they kept it to themselves, it was something big. A beat, then she casually pulled Jacob aside with the excuse of going to watch the tide pools.With an awkwardly flirtatious smile, Jacob was won over and he agreed.

***

Bella and Jacob wandered near the water, looking out to sea for whales. There are surfers out on the waves, and people drinking on the sand, holding each other close. A tang of sadness flows over Maggie, she wished Jasper could be there with her, to give her the strength she needed to face her sister, but she knew he couldn't, he shouldn't. Bella nudges Jacob, continuing her attempt at flirtation in order to get information from him.

"So, what did your friend mean about the Cullens not coming here?" She asked as casually as she could, tucking her hair behind her ear in, what Maggie could only assume, was an attempt at seduccing him.

"Oops. Caught that, huh?" He moved closer to her, huffing a laugh as he thought over his words. He leant in closer, lowering his voice for mock-secrecy. " I'm not supposed to say anything."

"Maybe you shouldn't say then." Maggie interrupted from behind them, her hands stuck on her coat pockets as she shivered away the coolness of the air. Bella payed no more attention t her sister but that of her rolling dismissive eyes. When she turned back at Jacob she gave him her best alluring smile.

"I can keep a secret." Her lashes fluttered quickly, as her eyes stared into his sa best as they could, luring him to tell her every last bit on information he knew.

"It's just an old scary story." He laughed uncomfortably, still feeling Margaret's eyes on the back of his head, like a gun being pointed at it. "Did you know the Quileutes are supposedly descended from wolves?" Bella looked at him for a moment with incredulous eyes, as if he were telling her a bad joke, still she decided there might be a hidden message behind this stupid fairytale Jacob was feeding her, so she played along.

"Like fur, fangs ... doggy breath?" Jacob chuckled, avoiding her and her sister's gaze. Bella offered him an encouraging smile and prompted him to continue. "So the legend about the Cullens is..."

"Well, they're supposedly descended from this, like..." He shifted, turning his back on Margaret as he murmured in a spooky voice. "enemy clan. But they claimed to be different, so we made a treaty with them."

"Bells, you can't seriously be believing this." Maggie intervened from behind, once again. Her sister looked at her with a numb expression. "You can't be serious. Bella how can people descend from dogs? It's biologically impossible, you know that! Jeez you take biology, isn't there a law of evolution that says that exactly?" For a second Bella seemed to consider, it had to sound crazy in her brain, she wasn't that crazy, she couldn't be.

"Didn't they just move here?" She asked Jacob, her eyes intrigued with a frown. Jacob seemed to be enjoy ing this, be it because he got to spend time with Bella or because he hated the Cullens so much he'd take any opportunity to screw them over.

"Or just moved back." He suggested, his mouth stretched in a playful grin.

"Riiiight. So what was this treaty?" Bella insisted, her mind functioning quickly as she tried to piece this information together, but none of it made any sense.

"Bella this is stupid, we should be getting back-" But her words got unheard, as Jacob began once again, whispering in a mocking way.

"If they promised to stay off Quileute lands, we wouldn't expose what they really were to the pale-faces..." Jacob paused for a dramatic effect, in which Bella shivered, making him place an arm around her. Just as he was about to continue, a girl in the distance scram loudly, making Bella jump at the bloodcurdling screech. It was Angela running away, chased by Eric waving a dead crustacean. Jacob smirks and starts back to the group, letting his arm drop from Bella's shoulder.

"Wait... what were they really?" She pressed on, trying to get something useful from that conversation.

"It's just a story Bella," Maggie sighed, her arms crossed over her chest unamused. "He's just making excuses to spend time with you." Jacob stormed back at her, his eyes so dark they were almost black.

"That is not true." He said plainly, staring at her deadly in the eye.

"Jacob, you can't simply tell her a bunch of stories and lies!" Margaret snapped, her teeth bared as her voice formed a low growl. Bella was observing from behind Jacob, no emotion in her eyes.

"I am not lying." He approached her, slowly, his breathing intensifying in quick short breaths.

"Isn't it true that you'd say anything, do anything to spend time close to her?" He only paused when Maggie was stuck between him and a rock, this way, Jacob seemed bigger than her, angrier. "You made up this ludicrous story just to make her happy! Just to get closer to her!"

"Shut up." He warned, his voice venomous and dangerous as he spoke, his eyes so disgusted with her image, she though he might actually harm her.

"Isn't that the truth?" He growled. It wasn't anger in his voice anymore, it was a legitimate growl. Bare and animalistic, and it made Margaret shiver to the bone, fear ascending non-stop inside her veins. Time seemed to slow down, as Jacob's hands took her sides and shook her violently, his grasp on her burning. She could only hope Jasper was far away.

"You know the truth!" He was screaming at her. "You do!" His eyes narrowed down and he pushed her away harshly. At this revelation Bella stepped closer to her sister.

"What do you know?" Margaret couldn't say she was surprised, not after what she had already lived through.

"I know Jacob Black is in love with you," She spat, regaining her breath, said boy turned his face back at her, his eyes now glistening with murderous intentions. "And he lied to you just so that you'd be thankful for his presence." Technically, it wasn't a lie, Jacob Black was in love with her sister, even if it was for all the wrong reasons. He was stomping back towards her, when a cool hand took hers. Jasper.

"What is going on?" He asked ever so innocently, his eyes set on Jacob's. The boy might've been broader, but Jasper was still fairly new to the vegetarian lifestyle, and he would be able to crush Jacob in a second. His arm snaked his way around Margaret's lower back, sending soothing waves of comfort through her.

"You can't be here." Jacob commented easily. A mischievous smile creeping at his lips. "You'll be sorry for it." He began to approach, but Jasper did not flinch. Not even a second later Sam called with a severe voice.

"Jacob!" He turned around fast, like a boy would when his father reprimanded him. "Leave them be!" Sam's inexpressive eyes met Jasper's and he offered him a nod, then he laid eyes on Margaret and mouthed very softly 'leave'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 11.5K 66
Melody and Bella are best friends, they have known each other since they were three years old. They have grown up being next door neighbours since th...
567K 8.2K 24
Aurora Giselle Swan. The adopted daughter of Charlie Swan. She is young, bubbly, oh and the mate of Jasper Hale. When she meets the Cullen family, sh...
890K 27.3K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...