Secrets In the Shadows (Syzyg...

By JanelleYurime

Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagi... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 5

56 16 2
By JanelleYurime

Samantha's POV

I walked out of the door still puzzled. My head might explode anytime soon by now. Who really is she? Does she just want to look so mysterious that's why she's acting like that?

Or there's really something about her? That no one else wants to find out.

Grr I don't trust her.

Maybe I should keep an eye on her?

Suddenly the cold air puff, waking back my consciousness from my inner thoughts.

I was about to get back down when I heard a humming voice in the distance. I can't help but to follow where the voice is coming from, there is something about it that's so luring.. as if the voice really wants me to go where it is therein.

The voiced carried me to a veranda. I pull the curtains aside and head outside. It's chilly out here with the heavy breeze. I just hug myself to lessen the coldness.

I can't hear the voice anymore, maybe I'm just hallucinating again.

Sigh.

I gaze at my surroundings, the trees are peacefully swaying in a rhythm. The sky is filled with stars, brightening somehow the world that are shrouded with darkness. I closed my eyes and feel the night, I savor the fresh air and exhaled.

This is far from the city, I wish to live a life like this with Auntie. I like the peacefulness of my ambience. It's calming me down and lessening my worries, as if it knows my agonises.

And almost all night at the city, there are the clouds that are covering the sky, not wanting for me to see the stars that are shining brightly. The stars that I want to reach out because everytime I see them, I felt like it's my safety, watching me and enlightening the right path for me to see.

It might be unfair knowing that all of the people inside of this house have their own titles and can prove anything without them even trying, except me. But I know God has a reason for all of this to happen. I know he believes that I can stand the challenges that he's throwing into my way. I know he has a much bigger plan for me.

I just need to wait until it's my turn.

I stand here for half an hour, still not wanting to get back inside. Until I suddenly felt the coldness leaving my body, though it is still puffy.

I gasp when I realized that someone's hugging me from behind. It feels so bizarre, I'm sensing a spark spreading inside of me, filling me. Fuck, what is happening?

I'm about to remove the arms that are coaled around my waist but it just tightened even more making me gasp because of the sudden feeling rushing through my spine.

"H-hands off"

"Shh it's just me my love" said by a woman's voice that made my knees weaken.

"Relax I won't hurt you" she said with her deep voice that gave me goosebumps. I just breathe shakily calming my disploding stomach. I can feel something down there like... is that what they call butterflies?

There's this sudden pull that I feel between the two of us. How can she make me feel this way?

I lean my head on her shoulder not minding if she's a stranger. I felt safe in her arms without me knowing why.

"S-stop sniffing me" I can feel my face getting reddish. She just laughed at what I've said.

God what is she doing to me??

"You smells good" she said putting her chin on my shoulder

I want to turn around to see her but she's hugging me real tight.

"Who are you?" I whispered to her still bothered because of our proximity.

But I won't deny that I like it. ^^

"Tua moglie" she said that makes me blush even more. Does she think that I can't understand her? I studied Italian when I was eight because I'm interested on it.

"N-non ancora"

Fuck it I didn't mean to say it like that. I was about to say she's not my wife. Grr fucking idiot.

"Spero non ci vorrà così tanto" she said tightening her grip on me even more as if I'm going to vanish anytime soon. God I might faint if she keep us in this position.

I just closed my eyes, savouring every moment with her. Who ever she is, I hope to stay like this forever with her.

Maybe I don't know what I'm saying, but it's what my heart is feeling.

"There's someone coming, I need to go now" she's about to loosen her grip on me but I hold her arms not wanting for her to go.

"Don't worry my love, I'll always be here, watching over you" she said assuringly before kissing the top of my head tenderly, I don't have a choice but to let her go.

"Adios mi Amore"

I quickly turned around but there's no one in here besides me. There's no sign of her, she just disappeared in one snap.

The sudden sadness slap me, like 360°. I don't even get the chance to know her name. I'm so stupid I should have ask.

Wait, how can she--??

"Samantha!!" I heard Avery's voice called me that makes me look at her direction. And there she is leaning against the sliding door breathing heavily.

"Aves" I walk towards her.

"Hell I've been searching for you for decades now"

"You're so dramatic" I said making her roll her eyes.

"Are you blushing?" her sudden question surprised me.

"W-what? Why would I blush?". I said while caressing my cheeks. Hell my face is burning, that woman, why does she have this strong effect on me?

"Are you with someone before I get in here?" she dudged my question and throw me another question.

"H-ha? No I'm just here by myself, gazing at the distance. Alone" I said not daring to look at her straight in the eyes.

"Psh don't explain, your actions are enough." she said before rolling her eyes.

"I'm telling the---

"Whatever Samantha Elaine, c'mon now let's sleep. Olivia gave us a spare room to stay in" she said before walking down the corridor so I trailed after her.

"The party is already over?"

"Nope" she said popping the letter -p

"Then what the hell are you still doing here?" I asked confused. She's a party wrecker, she'll stay as long as the party's not yet over.

"I don't feel good"

"Are you sick?" I asked putting my hand on her forehead.

"No not like that. Ugh nevermind" she said still walking fastly until she stop infront of a door. Before she turn the doorknob, she faced me.

"What?" I asked not liking the way she stares at me. I can see something in her eyes.

What is she afraid of?

"Don't go anywhere alone 'kay?" she said meaningfully.

"Ha? Why?" I asked not liking her used of tone.

"Just listen Sam" she said sounding so desperate.

"But--

"No buts Samantha just do what I've said, it's for your own good." she said before she entered the room. I followed her inside.

"Avery why are you acting like that? Is there any problem?" I feel frustrated now. She's being weird now too. Fcking people

"I'll explain to you next time okay? Not now, someone might hear us" she said before laying down on her bed. There are five beds in here. I was about to hop onto my bed when someone spoke.

"Explain what?" Avery and I jumped in surprise because of Jessy who came out from the bathroom, still wiping her wet hair using the towel.

"Are you planning to kill us Jess??" Aves said glaring at the red head that makes the other one roll her eyes.

"You two are just occupied of what you're talking so you haven't notice me" the one defended herself.

Avery looked at me with her eyes saying that I shouldn't talk.

"I know that look idiot. Just spill the beans." Jess said waiting for the two of us to speak. Jess cleared her throat, not having any choice but to say it.

Sigh.

"I'm just telling Samantha to be careful."

"That's it?" Jess asked not believing the blonde.

"Yeah?"

"And why would you say that? Be careful of what?"

"Shut up, someone might hear you dumbass" Avery whispered.

"Grr you're irritating Dwane, just spill it" Jess said impatiently.

"No I can't, not now" I'm confused now so I intervened with them.

"Avery what's wrong?" She take a deep sigh again. Silence filled the four corners of the room before she spoke.

"There's someon—

"Hey guyss you still up?"

We squirm because of the one who abruptly opened the door. I held my chest while breathing heavily. These people are going to kill me one of this days because of heart attack.

Nina laughed because of our reactions.

"You're faces are so epic. You guyss looked like you've seen a ghost" She said still laughing loudly and holding her stomach. I should be glad to hear her laugh for the first time but it's a wrong timing so I just gave her a death glare.

"Fuck it Mae are you planning on killing us?" Jess said, repeating Aves question lately, she's not looking so good us well.

"S-sorry I don't have an idea that you three are keeping a secret" she said constricting her laugh.

"What? We're not hiding anything" I just facepalm because of Avery's defensiveness.

"You don't have to explain, your actions speaks for yourself" Nina said before rolling her eyes.

"Let's just sleep Gosh" Jess said exhaustedly before pulling Nina on one of the beds, Nina groan.

"Sharing is caring guys" She whine with her eyebrows furrowed.

"No sleep" Jess hugged and put Nina's head on her chest. Nina didn't complaint even farther and just obey.

Psh if Jess didn't do that she would still insist.

'Annoying couple' I said to myself before turning off the light beside me. I cover myself with the comforter and close my eyes.

Sigh

"I wonder where she is right now" I whispered to myself sadly.

"Where is who?" I fell down on the floor because of the dumbass who wangled me.

"Fuck it Aves" I said before I stood up and sat down on my bed. I caress my head, fuck, it hit the floor.

I looked at Avery feeling pissed. She's suppresing her laughter and give me a peace sign. I took a deep breath before laying my head on the pillow and grip the sheet tightly.

I feel like crying without knowing why, so it's just making me want to cry even more.

I should know why!!!

"Hey Sam" Avery said surprised before caressing my cheeks. I felt the wetness of it, I haven't notice that my tears just escaped from my eyes.

Pssh, that fcking tears betrayed me.

"Hey what's going on?" I heard Jess asked before walking towards my bed. I can hear her footsteps...

"Hey Sam sorry I didn't mean to startle you" Aves said sincerely. It's not her fault I just feel so down right now that I can't help but to cry.

"I'm okay guyss, just take a rest"

"Then what are you crying for?" Jess asked, still not convinced.

"C'mon Jess go to bed, maybe she needs a space" Aves said while stroking my hair.

"Okay" I can hear Jess's footsteps walking back to their bed.

"Tell me who she is when you're ready"

That's what Avery said before laying down on her own bed.

Grr can't I really keep a thing for myself? I should be more careful from now on. And besides she wouldn't believe me if I told her that I have a... a

What are we again?

Ohh.. we're nothing. I just let a stranger hug me.

"Hey, I'm your wife" a couthy voice whispered making my eyes widen.

I quickly sat up roaming my eyes around the dark room. Heck.

Thankfully my friends are already asleep.

Why do I always hear her voice? Can I put her aside for awhile and have a peaceful sleep?

"Hey, am I that burden to you?" I can hear the sulkiness in her voice. I can't help but to chuckle.

Why so cute?

"Such a baby" I whispered but obviously she still heard it.

"Your baby" My cheeks heat up once again because of her. I never felt this before only when I'm getting embarrassed but I know this is different.

Gosh, she will be the death of me.

"I'm going to sleep now. Stop bothering me" I said playfully.

"So I'm just really a burden to you, ha?" She said sounding like she's about to cry. I can't help but to smile. She's really something else.

"Good Night--?? I whispered waiting for her to say her name. I'm fighting myself not to fall asleep but I'm really sleepy by now so maybe it will be good for us to talk tommorow.

"Love.. You can call me love" how can she be so playful all of a sudden? This woman is kinda pibolar.

The kind of person that is hard to handle.

"I'm not" now she's being sulky again.

Wait?

Can she read my mind? or I just really said that out loud? Maybe I did. I always said what I'm thinking sometimes that get me into trouble.

"Good Night...love" I said before closing my eyes with a smile. She might not sleep well if I don't call her with that endearment.

"Good night Mi amore"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 5.6K 31
**********MATURE CONTENT(18+)********** I made my way to the huge brick house. Roses were scattered all across the ground that led me to the front do...
228K 9.1K 47
Her words still linger in my head My mind wanders off to thinking about her Her natural thick chocolate curls. Her Carmel skin. Her beautiful melan...
41.4K 1.1K 16
*(lauren/you/camila)* gxg Y/n had never understood the world's obsession with romantic relationships, no matter how hard she tried. Lover after love...
80.5K 2.3K 89
🏅#1 badassfemalelead (oct 2023) 🏅 #5 seductive (nov 2023) #1 seductive (nov 2023) 🏅 #1 greenflag (nov 2023) 🏅#1 #3 beautifulfemalelead (nov...