Frazzled Rose

By EkKahanikaar

My life was a frazzled rose A shattered rose The sunlight of your existence made it fresh But nothing has be... More

Frazzled Rose
Character Aesthetics
Frazzled Rose Tunes - The Spotify Playlist!
|A Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ|
|Wᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ Rᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ|
|Pᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Pᴀsᴛ|
|Zᴀʜɪʀᴀ|
|Cʜᴀɴɢᴇ ғᴏʀ Gᴏᴏᴅ|
|A Sʜᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ Fᴏʀ Rᴀᴅʜɪᴋᴀ|
|Aʀᴇ Yᴏᴜ Gᴀʏ?|
|Hᴜᴍᴀʀɪ Tᴀʀᴀғ Sᴇ Hᴀ Hᴀɪ|
|Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Gᴀɴɢsᴛᴇʀ|
|Rᴏᴋᴀғɪᴇᴅ|
|Aᴅᴅ Tᴏ Cᴀʀᴛ|
|Rɪɴɢs Exᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ|
|Tʜᴇ Bᴀᴄʜᴇʟᴏʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ|
|Bʏ Tʜᴇ Pᴏᴏʟ|
|Oɴsᴇᴛ ᴏғ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ|
|Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Hᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ|
|Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ Rᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ|
|A Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ Iɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ|
|Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ Wᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ Nɪɢʜᴛ|
|Tʜᴇ Fɪʀsᴛ Dᴀʏ|
|Qᴜʀᴇsʜɪs?|
|Mʀ. & Mʀs.|
|Aʀʏᴀ's Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜ|
|Bᴇɢ Mᴇ|
|Rᴀᴅʜɪᴋᴀ ɪɴ ᴀ Dɪʟᴇᴍᴍᴀ|
|Oғғɪᴄᴇ Dɪɴɴᴇʀ|
|GIRLS ONLY|
|AN ENEMY FORGOTTEN|
|THE NIGHTMARE|

|Dᴏ I Lɪᴋᴇ Hɪᴍ?|

193 9 27
By EkKahanikaar

Vote! Comment!

*****

Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir Ye Hasin Raat Ho Na Ho

Shaayad Phir Is Janam Men Mulaaqaat Ho Na Ho

I slowly hummed the song under my breath while stepping out of the washroom, and my hands were busy in drying my wet hair. 

As I came near my vanity, I properly tied and secured my long tresses with the towel, not aiming them to drip water and wet my kurti all over. I shifted my tied tresses on my right shoulder and got hold of my moisturizer and sunscreen from the vanity. Else the next day while I undress for a good bath, my skin under the outfit would be white and else it would be tan, all thanks to Jaipur's heat. 

I thoroughly massaged my face, neck and hands with the creams and once I was done, I applied kohl and lip gloss just for a shine and that's all what make up was for me. 

I turned around my heels and glanced at the wall clock behind. My eyes popped out of the socket.

9:35!!! I had a class at 10!!

What?! How was I this late? Oh yes how can I forget. It was hair wash day and great me didn't even wake up early. Urghh! What a sleepy head I am. Rush Radhika Rush!

I immediately grabbed the first pair of jhumkas and hanged them down my ears lobes. 

Jhumkas were mandate, you know.

I ran to my wardrobe and pulled out a white dupatta, but other 5 pairs of outfits jumped out, to my vain. I groaned annoyingly under my breath and threw them inside in a messy manner. I am definitely getting a good scolding from mumma for this mess. I threw my dupatta around my neck and freed my hair from the towel. I wiped them thoroughly and caged them in a bun. 

I ran to the house temple and sat on my knees in front. I prayed silently for two minutes, lit a diya and again turned my heels towards my room.

No matter how late I am, paying them a visit was a routine.

I grabbed my bag, my keys, books, phone and rushed towards Krishna bhai.

I soon as a stepped out of my room, I felt a hand gripping my upper arms and yanking me towards them. 

I looked up and found Mumma looking at me with her signature smile. 'Kaha bhagi ja rahi hai itni jaldi mein?'

'Mumma college hi jaungi na.'

'Are ha lekin ek kaam kar, hall mein chal zara, woh Chowdhary ji aur unki patni aayi hai, tujhse milne.'

'Mujhse milne? Kyun?'

'Are beta woh kal tere birthday pe unhe invite kiya tha, lekin woh aa nahi paaye, toh bas abhi milne aaye hai.'

'Not now mumma please. I am already really late for college.'

'Are beta they are especially here for you.'

'I know mumma, but please understand, I am really very late.'

'Beta, you are the professor, not the student. Why do you always forget that?'

'I remember that mumma. But I also remember that how annoyed I used to get at my professors, after I used to learn that they haven't showed up when I travelled for two hours straight for my classes. When I myself hated the system, then how can I do that with my students?'

'I understand. Ok fine. Bas apni shakal dikha de 5 minute, fir chale jana.'

'Mumma but.....ok fine chalo!'

I ran to the hall without waiting for her to reply. 'Namaste uncle, namaste aunty.'

'Namaste beta. Kaisi ho?', aunty asked politely.

She is sweet.

'Main theek hun aunty. Aap kaise ho?', I replied with a sweet smile, checking my watch second to second. I just needed to run.

'Main bhi bilkul theek and belated happy birthday beta. Kitni badi ho gayi ho, ekdum shadi layak.', she said with a big smile and my smile flattened.

No she is not sweet!

I looked at my father with a annoyed face and she assured me through his eyes.

'Are waise humari taraf se toh abhi koi zabardasti nahi hai. Lekin ha, agar use koi pasand aa jata hai toh alag baat hai.', my papa is the best.

'Are ha woh toh hai hi. Lekin baad mein sahi time se baccho ki shadi karwa hi deni chahiye. Ab jane se pehle pota poti ya nati natin ki shakal dekh le, toh aur kya chahiye', typical indian uncles you know. I gave them a forced smile.

Are they here to wish me for my birthday or question me about my marriage?

I couldn't take it any longer. I pounced back on my feet.

'Mumma I guess I need to leave. I am already really late for college.', I exclaimed.

'Heh? College? Hum yaha tumhari shadi ki baat kar rahe hai aur tum abhi bhi college mein padhti ho?', aunty exclaimed and I fumed.

I passed a glare to Nikunj bhai as he giggled slowly.

'Aunty ji, padhti nahi padhati hun.', I tried not to burst.

'Krish bhai, my scooty's at the garage. Can you please drop me?', I continued.

'Yeah sure. Come.', he exclaimed and I ran behind him, bidding bye to everyone.

*****

I glared at my stupid friend cum bhabhi who was laughing as if laughing gas has hit her nostrils. I looked around to find people around gazing us weirdly. This girl never leaves a chance to embarrass me in crowd.

'Esha, for god's sake what's so funny?', I gritted my teeth at her.

'I can't control, what do I do?', she exclaimed and burst into fits of laughter.

'Will you stop or do you want me to punch your face?', I warned her.

'Ok ok I am sorry.', she uttered, barely controlling her laugh.

'Can you please enlighten me that what's so funny for you?', I retorted annoyingly.

'Common how do you expect me to react? Abhi bhi college mein padhti ho', she exclaimed and bursted again.

'Esha, are you sure you have not hit your head somewhere while you were born. You seem to be a big crack.', I countered back.

'Dekh behen, pehle baat toh tu mujhe bhabhi bol aur doosri baat I have not hit my head anywhere, ha paida hone ke baad agar main doctor ke haatho se gir gayi hou toh mujhe nahi pata.', she tried to be funny.

'Ridiculous.', I mumbled and started to leave. She ran to me and threw her arm around my shoulder.

'Ohho, just chill. I was just kidding.', such a carefree person she is.

'Seriously Esha...', I started to speak but she cut me off.

'Bhabhi! I am your elder brother's wife. Have some respect.', she corrected me.

'I don't care. Before being Krish bhai's wife, you are my friend. And calling you bhabhi? Forget it!', even I was no less.

'Whatever!', she rolled her eyes at me.

'Listen Esha, the Chowdhary's have already messed up my mind, you please better don't act as fuel in the fire.', I said angrily.

'Ohho aisa bhi kya ho gaya?', she tried to calm me down.

Seeing me angry was a rare scene, but whenever it occurs, it takes a hell lot of efforts to cool me down.

'Pehle toh I was already late and got more late due to them, ok I appreciate they were there for me, but if that was the case, why couldn't they just focus on the birthday wish, why do they have to comment on my marriage?', I burst out.

'Are but you too dream of your Mr. Not so Perfect man, no?', she asked.

'I do Esha. But that's my personal thing, why do the world is so much into my life? 21-22 ke hue nahi, ki shadi ki talks shuru.', I can hear my frustration.

'Ok I understand. Trust me, before my wedding with Krish, almost every other day I used to get interrogated about 'shadi kab karogi?'. Apni life se zyada interest to in logo ko doosro ki life mein hota hai.', finally she understood my point.

'See it's not like I hate this marriage concept. You know I am family person before anything else, I want to get married, have a good peaceful life with my husband, have kids, focus on my career too, but I just don't want someone else worrying about these things, my parents are enough for me.', I spoke true facts about me.

'I know Radhu darling. But forget it. Don't spoil up your mood. Chill kar yaar. Here have this.', she said and handed me a big glass of orange juice.

I didn't realize we reached to our college cafeteria while being lost in talks.

'Thanks. I need to cool up.', I rolled my eyes and sat on the bench with Esha in my front with another glass.

'You really need to.', she commented sarcastically and I left a unheard chuckle.

'Oh by the way, how was your first encounter with the Malhotras?', she continued and I scrunched my brows.

'You know them?', I asked and took a sip of my juice, and left a soft sigh as the cold liquid energized my whole body.

'Yeah. Krish mentioned about them a couple of times.', she said non chalantly.

'It was good so far. Everyone's really sweet and I bonded quite well with Viraj and Kavya. But Avyaansh seemed a bit off.', I put forward my views.

'Yeah Krish me about him once. He's a really private person and doesn't open up much.', she said thoughtfully.

'Yeah I guessed it. But other things apart, don't you feel 100 years is a bit too much of time?', I continued.

'It is. You know when Krish told me about them for the first time, I literally refused to believe this. But later realised it's India, yaha kuch bhi ho sakta hai.', she mocked and I let out a laugh.

'True! Anyway, tum kab aa rahi ho ghar wapas? Krish bhai might not say, but he misses you a lot. His eyes speaks a lot.', I said sweetly and she blushed.

'Everyday I plan to return, but then ghar chod ke aane ka man hi nahi karta.', she said with a smile.

'I understand. But don't forget I won't forgive you easily for skipping my party yesternight.', last night suddenly stroke my mind.

'Oh yeah, I am sorry about that. I had to rush to the hospital to see my friend.', she apologized.

'What's wrong?', I interrogated.

'She just had an accident last evening. Nothing much to worry. But she didn't had anyone to look after her in the town, so I had to rush.', she shrugged her shoulders.

'Oh alright.', I mumbled. My eyes fell on my wrist watch and my eyes widened.

'Oh my god! It's almost class time and we need to rush. I was already late for this first class, now I don't want to be late for this one too.', I hurriedly gulped down last few sips of my drink and got hold of my stuff. 

'I don't have a class currently. But you just have something properly no. How are you gonna spend the another half day on just a glass of juice?', she grabbed my arm.

'It's alright Esha. I have just lost my appetite currently. And make sure to meet Krish bhai before leaving, he misses you a lot, trust me', before waiting for her to reply, I ran for my class. 

*****

I banged my bag on the cafe table sat with a thud in front of Esha, with a grumpy face. I gazed at Esha who was already staring with me with her mouth stuffed up with her cafe's favorite aloo kulcha. She raised her brows with questioning eyes.

'The students had a workshop organized out of nowhere. Classes are dispersed.', I said plainly.

Esha laughed barely with her mouth stuffed. I slapped her cheek with my book.

'Don't you dare laugh Esha. My day's already really bad.', I rolled my eyes.

'Such a overthinker you are. Are just chill. Be glad that now you the whole day ahead for you and just you.', she cheered me up and I gave a small smile.

'At least now eat something.', she insisted.

'I just don't feel like. I feel bloated.', I exclaimed and clutched my stomach.

'It's alright. Now come with me.', she jumped off her seat as she gulped down the last bite of her kulcha, hanged her bag on her shoulder and extended her arm to me.

'Where to?', I questioned.

'You will know. Trust me, you will be at ease.', she said and pulled me off my seat and dragged me with her.

Settling myself in her car, she zoomed away from the college.

'Ahhhh this place. Thanks Esha.', I chirped happily seeing my happy place, Krishna mandir, which anytime eases me out. 

'Of course. I know this has been your favorite temple in all these years. Don't know why, but you do.', she replied with a smile.

'I know. I just feel my Kanha's soul here.', I gazed at the temple with soft eyes.

'Awww that's sweet. Anyway, let's carry on.', we headed to the temple premises.

I stood before Kanha's idol for long. I could feel the peaceful, energetic and positive vibes surrounding the temple. The place felt serene. The tintinnabulation of the bell time to time, the sweet fragrance of gende ka phool  and my favorite from my childhood days, ladoo. The place felt heavenly each time I visit one. 

I gaze in my Kanha's eyes for long, where in at one point I feel him looking at me with same love, affections and transferring his blessing to me. I still remember the time I visited Kanha temple for the first time, and exclaimed looking at mumma. 

Mumma see, Kanha is looking at me with so much love.

Everyone laughed their heart out seeing my innocence and I tried to find out what joke I cracked. 

I suddenly came of my and my kanha's world when a palm rested on my head. 

'Putri, aapki jo manokamna hai woh avashya purn hogi. Tathastu!', I gazed at Esha who's one hand was resting on my head and other was folded till her elbow with her palm facing me, as if she was giving me some ashirwad.

I slapped her hand on my head and she took it back, giggling.

'What kind of a joke is this Esha?', I narrowed my eyes.

I prayed to Kanha for last few seconds, and slowly started moving out after collecting our ladoo from pujari ji.

'That's no joke. Half and hour you were standing in there. I waited ki ab apne world se bahar aayegi, ab aayegi, but you were too stubborn. Aisa bhi kya maang rahi thi?', she mocked me.

'What's wrong if I pray for long?', I was annoyed.

'Nah nah there's nothing wrong. I was just curious.', she exclaimed.

'To be very honest Esha, I really prayed for just two minutes or so. Later, I was just gazing at my Kanha. I was lost in his eyes.', I said with a small smile.

'Ohho meri Kanha ki param bhakt, kisi din agar koi tujhe tokne nahi aaya na toh tu toh poora poora din unke saamne se na hile.', she is making fun of me again? Yes she is.

'Poora din kya Esha, main toh apni puri zindagi nikal dun unhe niharte hue.', I said dreamily.

'Kya baat hai. Anyway, thodi der yaha mandir ki seedhiyo pe baithte hai, fir chalte hai, theek hai?', she asked and sat on the step without for me to respond. 

'Agar apne man ki hi karni thi, toh mujhe kyun poocha?', I chuckled while sitting beside her.

'Formalities, you know.', she exclaimed and I laughed.

'Waise Esha, I guess need to tell you something.', I said, still being in a dilemma.

'Go on. I am all ears.', she said while playing with her ladoo.

'I wanted to tell you and Misha together, but I couldn't keep to myself anymore, I guess.', I was quite uncomfortable.

'Tu kabse humare saath itni uncomfortable hone lagi? Feel free to talk.', she comforted me and I smiled at her, seeing how lucky I was to have such friends.

'Actually the thing is....', I paused as few people crossed us.

'It's alright. Carry on.', she said as they left.

'Actually Esha, you know Avyaansh na, I am not sure but I guess.....', I was forced to stop again, as few shouts of little children reached our ears.

We shifted our gaze on the other side of the road, fighting with each other. We were witnessing a good WWE match. Reason? Unknown.

'Oh god. What the hell are they up to? They will hurt themselves.', Esha exclaimed.

'We need to look into the matter.', I murmured and ran to the kids, with Esha following me.

'Wait wait wait kids! What's going on? Lad kyun rahe ho aise?', I departed them with great difficulties.

'Are didi dekhiye na, hum chaar hai, in dono ke paas yeh saamne wale mandir ke do ladoo hai, toh humne aadha aadha manga, lekin yeh logo mana kar rahe hai.', a kid, aged 6 precisely, exclaimed.

 'Hey bhagwan. Itni si baat pe ise hathapai kar rahe ho tum bacche?', Esha exclaimed, in a disbelieving tone.

'Are didi aapke liya chota baat hoga. Humse pooche jinhe do waqt ki roti bhi theek se naseeb nahi hoti.', another kid said in a slow tone. 

Our gaze softened.

'Acha koi baat nahi, lekin fir tum log jhagad kyun rahe ho? Ja ke mandir se doosre ladoo le aao na.', I suggested.

'Are didi hum gaye the. Lekin unhone humein andar ghusne hi nahi diya.', the kid said with a sad voice. I gasped hearing him.

'Mandir mein ghusne nahi diya? Kaise log hai?', I whispered disbelievingly.

'Toh tum dono ke paas kaha se aaye yeh ladoo?', Esha asked.

'Are didi woh toh mandir se do log aa rahe the,  toh unhone diye.', he said.

We got little bites for our ladoo as Kanha's blessing and handed the other part to the kids.

'Yeh lo baccho. Aur aage se aise jhagadna nahi, theek hai?', I caressed the little boy's cheeks.

'Thank you didi.', the kids exclaimed.

'Waise tum log is waqt yaha aise ghum kyun rahe ho, padhte wadhte nahi ho kya?', Esha asked and I slapped my forehead.

'Kya baat kar rahi ho didi. Agar humare paas padhne ka paisa hota toh aise ek ek ladoo ke liye thodi na jhagadte hum log.', a kid exclaimed and I gave Esha a unbelievable look.

She slowly muttered a sorry to me.

'Is ladoo ke liye thank you didi, ab apan log chalta hai.', he exclaimed and they ran away without waiting for us to reply.

'You know Esha, seeing these kids I realise how priviledged we guys are. How easily we take it for granted, not realizing there are many in the world who craves for this lifestyle.', I muttered slowly thoughfully, as we again found our way on the temple's stairs.

A drop of tear rolled down her cheek but she wiped it off. 'I know. We should really be thankful for what we have.'

'Agreed. But I can't believe they didn't let them in. Mandir hai yaar, kisi ki private property nahi.'

'We can't change such people's mindset you know.'

'I just feel for the kids yaar Esha. They deserve education at this age, not begging on the roads.'

'Is there anything we can do? There are millions of such kids.'

'Actually you know what, I have got something new for my bucket list.'

I pulled my bag on my lap and got my diary and pen. Esha shifted to my side and I scribbled on the page of my diary.

Get education to as much kids as I can.

I heard a chuckle from Esha. 'What's so funny?'

'There are millions of such kids Radhika. What's your reach?'

'I don't know. Maybe one or maybe one thousand. No one knows.'

'This must be a joke.'

'No this is not.'

'Yes this is. It's not practically possible Radhika. Understand. Even I want these kids to get a education and have a good life, but I am practical. Ok for instance, you got kids, but where are the resources? The world's mean Radhika. No one's gonna teach for free. How long will you stretch yourself alone. Ok I am with you, but just two of us? What will your plan of action in this case?'

I was speechless. She was not wrong. 'I don't know Esha. Let's keep a thousand kids aside, let's start with one kid. Trust me, if I manage to change just one's kid's life no, it will be a huge achievement for me.'

'Are you sure?'

'I am. One action of mine can't change the  whole world, but that can change one's world. We never know how priceless it's to that person.'

'Alright. Do you wanna quit your job?'

'Not so soon. It's a long process. I have to figure out my plan of action. It's a long journey.'

'You know what? I am so proud of you, and trust me, I am with you in it.'

'And I am proud of you for this decision of yours.'

'Thanks love. Anyway, it's not like everything will change just tomorrow. Let's come back to the present. You were gonna say something about Avyaansh.'

'Oh yeah. But first I need a promise.'

'What promise?'

'You will not overreact and don't even dare to break it anyone else except Misha.'

'Of course you can trust me.'

'Promise?'

'Cross my heart!'

'Ok so the thing is, maybe I am not sure but.......'

'Can you please directly get to the point without beating around the bush?'

'I GUESS I KIND OF LIKE HIM!'

Date - 01/11/2023

Word Count - 3476 Words

VOTE! COMMENT!

Love Y'All 🦋💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 1.5K 24
𝙶𝙻𝙸𝙼𝙿𝚂𝙴 :- His car sputtered to a halt, the engine giving out just as he spotted a girl standing beside a taxi that had stopped in the middle...
22.9K 1.2K 19
To all the cindrella who had a dream of prince charming to save them but ends up falling too hard for a morally grey dark villain" She is fire, he is...
533K 34.5K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...
148K 6.3K 32
When both of you love each other ; but due to certain family problems you both can't come together; but still you find a way to come together and ha...