Rise of the Dragon Order

By BethanyMCSM

Billy Chan, a Chinese American boy from California, Charlotte Bell from Atlanta, Dylan O'Donnell from Galway... More

Chapter One

Chapter Two

4 1 0
By BethanyMCSM

It hadn't been long after they had left but Gabriel felt a pang in his chest. He knew leaving his wife behind was for the best but it still hurt. He sighed inwardly and shook his head, trying to shake her from his mind.

Gabriel? Are you alright? Inscilla's voice echoed clearly in his head, surprising him so much that he very nearly flinched.
Despite the sudden shock, Gabriel smiled slightly,
How am I able to hear you?
He sensed a fond amusement down the bond.
You and I share an inner voice. I... had one with my last human. She thought wistfully. She shook her head slightly, Nonetheless, I am sensing anxiousness and sadness from you. It worries me.
Gabriel's eyes widened. He had worried a great creature such as Inscilla? How? Perhaps it was his regret at leaving Ash.
I just.... I know it sounds stupid but I miss Ash...
I understand. Leaving someone you care greatly for must hurt, especially considering your marriage. I expect your friend - Ivor, was it? - must feel the same way as you do. Her golden eyes flicked up to Liuxing, with Ivor on her back.

They had been flying at a lower altitude than the others, Inscilla saying she was looking for a less crowded place to make a portal when really it was so Beth could breathe.

Gabriel too looked up. He couldn't make out the alchemist's expression, but Gabriel could see a regretful cloud in his dark blue eyes.
I will talk to him when we're through the portal. Gabriel internally promised.

"So does anyone know what we're up against?" Jess called out.
"Yes, I don't like the idea of going in blind." Ivor added.
There were murmurs of ascent from the humans who had stayed quiet.
"Not exactly," Galen said slowly, "All we know is that the Dragon of Death may return in one way or another."
There was a collective shudder.

Though none of the humans had been born when the Dragon of Death had come back or reigned, the humans had all heard the tale. She, the Dragon of Death, was a truly cold, cruel and evil dragon indeed.
"That is why we will make a portal to China, to get you all as prepared as we possibly can." Warrior then called over to Inscilla, "Inscilla? Have you seen anywhere?"
She was quiet for a moment before gesturing with a claw to the area below them, "Down there will be appropriate."

As one, the dragons soared downwards and landed.
"Will you be alright?" Galen asked, facing Inscilla, "None of us like the idea of what happened when you first created a portal happening again."
Inscilla smiled, "I am stronger than I was then. I will be just fine."
Gabriel faced her, about to ask what had happened but then his memory once again kicked in.

Inscilla had swallowed a star once to create a portal, she had begun to crave dark magic. It had lead her to betray her friends to the Dragon of Death, almost killing her. Then, the Dragon of Death actually had killed Inscilla but she had risen from the ashes of her former life a stronger, better dragon.

Gabriel shuddered at the thought of her betraying them. He pleaded that it would not happen again.
A rush of reassurance and comfort was sent from Inscilla to him as the blue dragon focused, electricity crackling in her wings and antlers.
Within seconds, an electric blue portal blazed before them.
"And this will lead us to Dragon Mountain?" Midnight asked, tilting her head at the older dragons around her, "But what about my parents?"
"They agreed to meet us there with Tsunami. I have no doubt that they will be waiting for their precious daughter." Liuxing sighed, albeit perhaps not as sharply as she would had it been anyone else asking. Maybe not Ivor though.

Jess and Jesse were staring at the portal with something akin to apprehension.
Beth gently came up beside them with Gabriel, both looking concerned,
"You two okay?" Beth asked in a whisper.
Jess swallowed but nodded.
"How do we know that this is gonna come out where it's supposed to?" Jesse said.
Gabriel smiled gently, "I'm sure the dragons know what they are doing."

Ivor gave Gabriel a look of 'we'll talk later'. Gabriel nodded then sat astride Inscilla, Beth in front of him.
The others were all mounted too.
Warrior looked at Inscilla, "On your count."
Midnight suddenly raised her head from looking at the portal, "Why is it always on Inscilla's count?"
The dragons were all silent for a moment.
"That is an incredibly good question," Inscilla said slowly, "But one we can-" she shot the other three dragon's a look- "And will discuss later."
Then she spoke to Gabriel alone, Keep hold of your sister.
Don't worry, Gabriel thought back, I will.
"One, two, three!" Inscilla cried before leaping into the portal.

It was over in moment but that's not to say Gabriel wasn't dizzy. Inscilla swayed slightly beneath him, evidently a little portal sick too.
Midnight and Jess appeared next, followed by Galen and Jesse, then Ellegaard and Warrior, finally Liuxing and Ivor.
They were in a cave. Dark but lit by dragon made fire and the electricity from Inscilla's antlers.

Midnight groaned, "I don't feel so well."
"My poor hatchling." A dragon with scales and eyes like jewels, constantly changing and shifting in colour, came forward to greet them.
This must be Lightning. Gabriel thought, though he tensed slightly.
You have nothing fear from Lightning. Inscilla sent a rush of reassurance, though Gabriel could sense her concern.

Lightning nuzzled Midnight as a large, black dragon came to greet them, followed by an even larger turquoise sea dragon.
"Thunder," Warrior said, facing the black dragon, "I assume all was well here?"
"Yes, however we have good news and bad news." The turquoise dragon said in a raspy voice.
"Oh what is it?" Liuxing snapped.
"The good news is that the dragon we are facing is not the Dragon of Death," Thunder said in his deep voice, "The bad news it is her relative. We believe her sister."
Those in the cave were silent.
"Then we must prepare ourselves - the humans especially - the best we are able to." Galen said grimly. Then he brightened slightly, "Whilst we are here, we may as well show you our hoards."
Gabriel leant forward and whispered to Beth, "You could show them yours."
He was very promptly swatted with an annoyed huff.
"I'm afraid that will have to wait," Lightning said grimly, "There is no time to waste."
"Yes, it is urgent that we waste no time." Thunder agreed.

Jess let out a small, disappointed whine, "I want a quiet life."
Ellegaard hummed in thought, running a finger against her lip, "Things do seem to happen around you and Jesse."
"What are we? Main characters?" The mentioned boy sighed.
"Well, at least you can be sure you won't die-" Beth added cheerfully- "Main character never dies and all that!"
"I prefer my chance as a cameraman."
Jess and Beth laughed whilst the Original Order shared amused looks.

"I am glad you are able to find humour in this situation," Inscilla gazed at them, "It will certainly keep up hope and morale, the two most important things."
Liuxing huffed, "Yes, yes, hope and morale. You heard Thunder, we must waste no time!"
Inscilla sighed and closed her eyes. Her antlers and wings crackled with energy and she emmited a low humming noise.

Bolts of electricity shot from her and suddenly the humans' armour felt stronger but more flexible than it had before.
"Thanks for the warning." Ivor snapped.

Except Gabriel didn't hear. His eyes were wide. His legs shook and trembled. Lightning.... It made him think of that cave. The one he'd lost his life in. When the witherstorm's lighting lit up the world in all the wrong ways. The cave shifted into that one. No, no, no! He didn't want to be here! He wanted to live! He wanted Ash or Beth or someone, anyone!

Gabriel, it's alright.
Was that Inscilla?
Focus. Whatever is going on is not real.
Yes, it was her.
You're here with your family. With me. You are safe.
The cave shifted back to how it was supposed to look. Gabriel felt something rubbing against his neck.
Inscilla was nuzzling him, her snout surprisingly warm and soft. His breathing slowed to a normal rate and he ran his hand over Inscilla's slim, diamond shaped face.

His dragon smiled and butted his hand before stretching her neck to its usual height.
"You all rest, night will soon fall and we will have to set off early."
She made to leave them until Gabriel thought,
Inscilla, wait.
The blue dragon turned to face him, Yes?
I'm sorry.
Her eyes widened, if only slightly and only noticeably if you were standing or flying directly next to her head.
Do not apologise. It is perfectly alright to feel afraid.
With that, she flew off on her silent wings over to the other dragons.

Beth immediately made her way to Gabriel.
"You okay? It's been a while since I last saw you panic like that." She murmured.
"I am now." Gabriel replied, running a hand through his sister's hair. Then he added, "Though I doubt I would be if not for Inscilla."
Beth raised an eyebrow. The her eyes widened, "You mean you have that inner voice?"
The warrior nodded. Beth's smile widened,
"You lucky sod!"

"Inscilla, we must talk to you."
Inscilla looked to Liuxing.
The silver dragon was hovering just above the ground, her long body undulating and moving. Beside her stood Warrior.
Inscilla raised an eye ridge,
"What is the matter?"
The other two exchanged looks.
Inscilla cocked her head slightly.
"Gabriel was not the only one who panicked during your whole lightning show," Warrior muttered, "Our humans also panicked."
Liuxing nodded, "Yes, even if it was swiftly calmed. Or rather silenced."
An awful feeling rose inside Inscilla. What had happened to the humans that were once the great Order of the Stone?
"Did they apologise? For panicking?"
Again, Liuxing and Warrior shared a look.
"Yes," the former said, "What makes you ask?"
"Because Gabriel apologised. He seemed... ashamed of getting scared." Inscilla stared at the floor, wishing it would show her the reason that they had apologised.
Warrior sighed, "We will talk to them. But not tonight," His gaze wandered to the humans, "Tonight, let them relax and unwind."

Sunset swiftly fell. By now, Warrior had started a fire to keep the humans warm. Said humans had begun to feel more comfortable around the dragons and sat with their respective dragons. All aside from Beth. She leant against the cave wall and gazed pensively into the flames.

"Bethany,"
She looked fairly surprised to see that it was Inscilla calling her name, rather than one of her siblings or her niece or nephew. She raised her head.
"Why don't you come and join us?" Inscilla asked kindly.
Beth cleared her throat awkwardly, "I wouldn't want to intrude. I mean, you all are heart bonded so I don't want to get in the way and-"
She was cut off by a flash of silver picking her up and dumping her next to Gabriel, who was sat comfortably against his dragon's side.
"Thank you, Liuxing!" Ivor said proudly.
Liuxing preened.
Beth ducked her gaze bashfully.

Gabriel and Inscilla shared a look. The dragon bent her neck and nuzzled the young woman's shoulder.
"We may not be your heart bond dragon," she said, "But we are still your dragons."
The other dragons smiled in ascent. Beth dubiously looked to her family. They all gave her looks of 'why on earth are you questioning, you know it's true,'.
"Thank you." She murmured.

Night came all too quickly for the group's liking and one by one, they all fell into a warm, comfortable sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 984 29
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...
109K 4K 22
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
105K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
168K 3.9K 63
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad