Whispers of the Wind (Yoonmin)

By WhitePetal_015

Park Jimin is a single omega who is raising his children away from his hunting past. Even though he wanted to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter: 3

56 5 0
By WhitePetal_015

The young omega on the other side of the world disconnected the phone call. He hurriedly dried off his hands as the doorbell rang once more.

"Coming." He shouted, removing his apron, and hurrying towards the door. He was dressed in simple sweatpants and a loose T-shirt, but still, his beauty was mesmerizing.

His hazel-colored eyes shone under the lights of the penthouse, as his dark strands flickered with every step. The fair skin tone added a more ethereal look to the young man combined with his long eyelashes. defined nose, rosy cheeks, and plump lips that looked so inviting.

"Eomma." A sound echoed as he opened the door. Soon his arms were filled with three hyper-welling children.

"Wow, hold a minute."

Omega said, trying to not fall backward with the pressure of the collision of a mini-child bomb.

"Eomma, we missed you."

All three exclaimed at the top of their lungs.

"Really, it's only been a few hours."

Jimin said after escaping from a suffocating group hug.

"But we miss you."

Three pups again exclaimed like it was a competition to select who got the highest voice.

"Okay okay. Eomma also missed you."

Jimin smiled fondly as his eyes filled with full of warmth. Oh, he loved his pups so much.

"I'm sorry they have been acting like that all day."

A voice apologized from the doorstep.

Jimin turned to the voice, after instructing three pups to go inside. It was Anne, the nanny Jimin had hired to look after his pups.

"It's okay. We both know they are so hyperactive."

Jimin assured the young girl with a smile. Anne had been a huge help in his life. Jimin had a hard time working and looking after three pups. Even though he was the boss of his own company, he had to attend all the meetings and manage lots of things. So, he had a busy schedule all day. Unfortunately, that limited his time with his pups. First, he hesitated to leave his pups with strangers. His omega didn't trust anyone easily. Not after everything he had been through in his past.

But Anne was able to gain his trust. She was a sweet omega girl with a certificate and experience in childcare. All of her recommendations ensured she was perfect for this job. So, Jimin tried to give her a chance. And Anne didn't disappoint him. She cared for and looked after three pups very well, even though sometimes his pups were hard to handle. He was glad to have her.

After saying goodbye to Anne Jimin, went to check on the pups. He found them all in their rooms, washing and readying for dinner.

He went to his youngest room to assist because he knew his eldest two could do that by themselves.

When he entered his little pup's room, his little princess was standing on tiptoes, trying to select a pajama.

"Eomma, I can do that by myself. Tian Tian is a big girl."

The girl said, sensing her mother.

"Really, Tian Tian is a big girl now." Jimin swapped the little girl in his arms, bouncing on her. "Really."

"Eomma!" The little girl burst into laughter as Jimin started to bounce her with chipping sounds.

Jeon Litian was the four-year-old little angel and the apple of the Jeon family's eyes. It was no secret this little one had stolen everyone's heart with cute doe eyes and all the angelic features she got from her mother.

After dressing his little princess, Jimin walked up to the kitchen with her. He could hear the sound coming from the twins' room as they were getting ready. Jimin helped little Tian into the chair and gave her a slice of apple until he got the table ready. He was glad to be able to finish making dinner while he was on the phone with Jungkook.

As he placed the last dish on the table, twins entered, dressed in matching pajama suits. The eldest of twin pairs, Jeon Minji was in pink while Jeon Minjun was in blue, but with the same pattern as his sister. The twins loved to dress in matching ways, and Jimin allowed it because it was a really cute sight to see. And they had more than enough matching clothes to thank a certain uncle.

"Thank you for food."

All of the children chanted as Jimin sat at the table to start dinner. Soon the chatting sound mixed into the sound of chopsticks and spoons moving.

"How was your day, pups?"

Jimin questioned, helping Litian with a spoon. She was still too young to properly hold chopsticks, but she had training. But now he preferred to let her eat with a spoon because it made less mess.

"We did new paintings today, Eomma."

His eldest daughter exclaimed with the stars on those hazel orbs. Everyone knew how much she liked to paint. So, no wonder she was so active and happy today.

"And we played football today. I even got a goal, Eomma."

The other twin also exclaimed with joy that didn't go second to his twin. While Minji was obsessed with painting, Minjun was obsessed with sports. Especially football.

"Oh, my talented pups." Jimin's voice filled with love as he added more side dishes to the twins' plates. "You seemed to enjoy today a lot."

The twins agreed, telling him all the things they did today at school and the daycare center.

"So, what did my little princess do today?" Jimin asked his youngest, whipping the tail of soup that was leaking from the corner of her mouth with a napkin.

"Tian Tian played. A lot."

The little girl replied that she had done the greatest thing in her world. Which probably was.

"What did Tian Tian play?"

Minji couldn't get enough of her sister's adorableness.

Then the three engaged in a serious discussion of all the games they could play in the future.

After dinner, Jimin sent everyone into the living room. The twins took out their schoolbooks to finish their homework while Jimin put some cartoons on TV, keeping the youngest occupied as he was doing the dishes.

Twins had finished their whole plates, while Litian had made a mini mess. Jimin felt a ping of pain in his heart seeing the twins' clean plates. Don't get him wrong, he was glad his children were good eaters, but the true reason for their habits always makes him sad.

They were not as well off as they were today. There were a number of days he had been starving. He had saved every penny to feed the twins, even though that meant he was starving. He never regarded those things, seeing that today all of his children were happy. But at that time, the twins learned to cherish every meal they had on the table, knowing how uncertain their next meal would be.

After finishing dishes, Jimin came to the living room, where the twins were busy with homework, and Litian entertained herself with a cartoon. While listening to Litian's joyful exclamation about blue whales and flying fairies, Jimin helped the twins with homework. There was not much he needed to help them. Both Minji and Minjun were smart children. But he did it anyway. It was a good bonding time.

"Eomma, can we watch a film today?"

Minji asked after finishing homework. And her twin also joined her with beady-doe eyes.

Jimin let out a sigh. How could someone say no to these eyes? He was always weak for those doe eyes of Jeon.

"Okay. But you have to go to bed as soon as the movie is over."

Jimin instructed as a stern parent, and even his heart gave out for those doe eyes. He knew he was doomed from the day he held them for the first time, noticing those doe eyes. Now it was proving.

"Yeah!"

Minji exclaimed, running to the sofa where Litian sat after finishing her cartoons.

"Tian Tian, we are going to watch a movie." Minji exclaimed, taking the little princess to her lap. Litian didn't fully understand what she said. But it must be a good thing since her big sister was so happy. So, her giggling also joined to twin pairs' happy tone.

Shaking his head fondly, Jimin went to the kitchen to prepare some popcorn. When he returned, the twins had already put on a film. Frozen. Their favorite. Jimin joined them, taking a blanket with him. He sat in the middle of the sofa, placing blankets over all of them. As the movie continued, all of them snuggled in, seeking his warmth. It didn't take much time for Litian to climb to his lap and fall asleep there. After a while, the twins also followed her to dreamland. They must be tired from all the excitement they had today. Jimin lowered the volume of the TV, not wanting to wake them up.

Even though the couch was uncomfortable, all the pups seemed to be comfortable using Jimin as a human cushion. The comfortable scent of roses lulled them into a peaceful sleep. There was a comfortable silence around them, the background sounding of 'Let it go". Jimin wanted things to always remain like that. Warm, comfortable, and relaxed.

Then his phone goes off, signaling that he got a new message. Carefully not disturbing the pups' sleep, he opened the message.

It was Kim Chaeyeong, his secretary, reminding him of the meeting he had the next day. He let out a sigh. Being a chairman was really not easy. He had a lot to do. In these times, he was glad to have Chaeyeong as his assistant. That woman knew how to do her job. And the fact that she was Korean made it easy.

It was then that he remembered he had promised Jungkook to call back. The time difference between them was crazy. It was hard to catch each other at a suitable time. He took a picture of a sleeping puppy pile and sent it to the younger with the caption, 'Sleeping pups are going to visit their favorite uncle in dreams. Say hi!'.

There was no reply. Jimin wasn't surprised. He knew his younger brother must be in dance or vocal practice. So, he put the phone away after closing it.

He stared at pictures on TV, absently thinking about the decision he had made. It was not a sudden decision to go back to Korea. But still, it didn't leave his mind easily. South Korea was the place that held his dearest as well as his darkest memories. It was the place where he had smiled most and cried most. He didn't know what to think.

He left Korea to escape the thing that was most painful for his life. Now he was going to go back. And he knew he couldn't avoid that person. He had to face him. And he could hope only his dark secrets would remain as they were. But in his mind, he knew it was empty hope. All the secrets were bound to be revealed one day. And with Jungkook getting old, he knew they were going to revel.

He let out an exhausting sigh.

He tried to seek comfort by soaking Litian's soft hair.

Part of him didn't want to go back. Another part of him wanted to go back. He missed Korea. The language, the food. Top of his brother. Oh, how much he missed his cute little bunny-smiled brother.

And he had to think about his children as well. He had been postponing his decision to go back to Korea for some time. But the discussion he had with his twin's doctor finally pushed him to that. He recalled the conversation he had a week prior.

***

It was the day of the twin's medical examination. All of their results were good. They both eat well and exercise well. All of their measurements were good. There was nothing he had to worry about. But there was something that bothered him. But before he took it out, the doctor herself approached it.

Maya Williamson was a kind beta lady doctor who specialized in children's health. She had been the twins' doctor for the past two years and was familiar with twins and Jimin. She was very kind and got along well with the twins. That was also enough to put omega's mind at ease.

"Are they more restless in the past few days?"

Doctor Willamson asked, looking at the test results on her desktop. The twins were at a small table that was placed in the room, playing with a few toy blocks, letting Jimin speak with the doctor.

"Yes." Jimin answered nervously. "They had been restless like they couldn't focus on one thing. Their teachers also complained about them getting into fights with other children. And they are also having trouble sleeping and having some nightmares."

The doctor listened to Jimin's words carefully but didn't reply immediately. She carefully studied the blood results of twins that had been taken previously.

"Is there something wrong?" Jimin questioned as the doctor's silence continued. His body started to freeze with nervousness.

"Don't worry. It was not very big." The doctor assured, noticing a slight panic in his voice.

"What is it?" Jimin asked as his body became relaxed. But not much, knowing there was something going on with his children. Big or small, his omega was always on edge when it came to their children.

"I know you are a single parent, Mr. Jeon, but is there some alpha figure in the twin's life?" Doctor Williamson asked without brushing around.

"Mmm... No."

Jimin answered confusedly. He couldn't understand why the doctor had asked something like that suddenly. What he said was true. He was so busy with his career and twins for dating. It was not like he was going to do that even though he had time. One time was enough. There was only one alpha in his heart. No one could replace him. And his all-past experience told him to stay away from alphas as much as possible.

"I see. That is the problem, Mr. Jeon."

This time, the doctor's words confused him more.

"I'm sorry. I can't understand you."

"The problem is that twins' hormones are unbalancing." Doctor Williamson turned to Jimin, taking his eyes away from the desktop and explaining. "As you know, they are both alphas. To develop them into alphas, they need some stimulation, which leads to the development of certain hormones. According to the twin hormone chart, they are both lacking that particular hormone. That is why they are showing restless behavior. And for nightmares, it was their confusing inner alpha. This condition is called Mesmerene Syndrome."

"But how does that relate to me having alpha?" Jimin still couldn't understand properly.

"It is not actually you are having alpha." The doctor continued the explanation. "The lack of an alpha figure in children's lives. The stimulant they need to develop those hormones is provided by another mature alpha's pheromones. So, it doesn't have to be a partner. It is okay as long as it is someone who can spend some time with twins and can do some helping. Having an alpha figure around them also will help their inner alpha to recognize him more and adjust to it."

"So, I should let them spend more time with an alpha?"

It was what the young man could get from the doctor's speech.

"I can prescribe some hormone tablets. But it is only a temporary solution." She wrote prescriptions on paper. "So, it is best to let them have time with alpha. You can speak to some of your friends. It doesn't need to be someone so close."

She could say that easily. But only Jimin knew he didn't have any close alpha friends here. Not one that he trusted enough to expose his children. But it was something he needed to deal with later. For now, he had more questions.

"My youngest is also alpha. Is this also going to affect her too?"

"How old is she?"

"Four."

Jimin answered. Since Dr. Williamson treated children above five, Litian's doctor was another one. Her checkup was last week, but her doctor didn't say something like that. but he needed a second opinion.

"She may not be affected by it now that much." The doctor answered. "But if she also doesn't have contact with any alpha, this condition can also affect her."

Then they discussed a few other things before saying goodbye to the doctor.

***

After coming back from his doctor's appointment, Jimin did his own research on this matter. There was lots of information about Mesmerene Syndrome on the internet. And there were similar cases. In some cases, parents failed to recognize the condition until it was too late. If that continued, there would be some cases where inner alphas rejected themselves. When he was reading those cases, his blood ran cold.

So, he knew this was the best decision.

He didn't have any trusted alphas here in America. Of course, he had few friends and coworkers. But they were all business-related ones. Some of them didn't even know he was a mother. And he didn't want to expose his children to any random stranger like a teacher or a babysitter.

Back in Korea, he had two trusted alpha best friends who were willing to spend time with his pups. Even though he was busy, there was his dongsaeng. The young alpha always wanted to spend time with his nieces and nephew. So, his few trusted friends.

With a sigh, the young omega glanced at three pups peacefully sleeping on his lap away from all worries of the world. They looked so soft and innocent, making Jimin's protective instincts eager with determination to do anything to keep them like that shielding all the ugly things that waited outside from his lap. He was never going to let anything to them.

No matter how many demons he had left behind in Korea, it was the best decision to go back. For his pups' sake.

Author's Notes:

Themedical conditions used here are fictional. Not real-life ones.

Am I the only one who is peeling onions after watching Tae's fan meeting? Oh, they are really soulmates. So cute together. Two lovely angles made my whole week.

Thank you for readingthis and let me hear what you are thinking about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 2.3K 26
After running far away from his abusive pack and mate in the mountains with his three children, Jimin comes across another pack who takes him in easi...
2.1K 264 15
In which Jimin's husband confesses to his sister on their first year anniversary, and Jimin dies. That's chapter one. ~ Being an asexual, aromantic...
47.4K 2.8K 60
Jin lived a hard life, one where misunderstandings surrounded him always. His parents didn't understand him and his brother never helped him but it g...
11.2K 1K 13
🌈Why was it so damn hard to ask that 🌈cute sassy barista out on a date ? 🌈Alpha Park Jimin is the most feared 🌈man in hybe, he was used to bei...