The Villainess is...Lazy?

By jayjaysleepy

Melissa Langston was born into a life of the Duke's daughter but was taken away at a young age. Duke Langston... More

Melissa Langston
Who is this Man?

The Noble Women

23 1 1
By jayjaysleepy

"Presenting Melissa Langston of Langston Court." The announcer stated as Melissa walked towards the table with women of noble family, some she had seen before.

"Melissa, you made it!"

Lady Kali Hanoka was the white-haired and green eyed woman who had invited Melissa to her first ever Noble event, which she was very reluctant to go to at first but had warmth up to the later at the party and they became friends. She was not the host of this party, though, and Melissa was the second esteemed guest. The first esteemed guest was...

"Introducting Princess Arundel Whitlock of The Royal Family." Everyone had turned towards her and bowed, Melissa being the last one to bow.

Bernadette immediately ran excitedly towards the Princess and spoke to her in a way that suggested they were close and the princess was smiling but You could not easily tell of it was one just to be nice or now that really did mean they were close.

"Sometimes, I feel like she is only interested in being friends with Princess Arundel so she can put in a good word with the Crowned Prince."

Another one of the noble women said as she walked towards Melissa and Kali.

"Famiael Del Mamonyous, lovely to see you again." Melissa said with a bow as she smiled at another one of the noble women she knew.

Famiael, the shut-in noble woman, Short Red hair, purple shiny beautiful eyes, Glasses with a beautiful beaded rope around the frame and a hand-fan in her hand.

"Lovely to see you again, Meli." Famiael giggled as she stood beside the two women looking at Bernadette and Arundel.

"I am so glad, people I know are here. Here I was thinking I would have to make friends." Melissa let out a sigh of relief.

"You say that, yet all those other women as we speak as gossiping about you." Famiael said in a quiet tone.

All three of their back were turned to the table of women as to them it seemed like they were in different worlds.

"I was told to be careful of large gatherings of nobles." Melissa said with her usual sweet smile.

"You've got this, Melissa." Lady Kali said out of the blue, and the other two nodded in agreement.

All three of them walked to their seats, sitting beside one another, allowing Melissa to sit in the middle and isolate herself from these other women.

"Miss Melissa, it is so good to finally meet you, we have heard so much about you." One of the females seat at the table spoke as they looked directly at the woman with dark brown hair.

"The pleasure it all mine really."

"Tell us how have you been finding noble life?"

"Haha, I am still new to the Langston family and liking being one of them. Thank you."

"My brother..."

And so it begins. Melissa thought with a sigh because she knew all too well what would be said next.

"... he said at your introductory meeting that he and the other men found you very interesting."

Bernadette said, walking around the table and towards her seat.

"Why even the Crowned Prince was looking at you."

Yep, I guessed she was going to say that. Throughout my life here and I still have yet to see this so-called 'Crowned Prince.' I have no interest in him or any of the noble men, the only noble man I have truly met is the Duke, and that one is enough for me to say "no thank you."

"She is still new that's why he took an interest in her." One of the familiar noble women said with a grin on her face. She is one of the ones who think they have a great chance of getting his attention than the rest of us.

Sometimes these women make it hard on themselves and it really annoying because it can easily make another woman feel weak when they attack in a pack.

Arundel just sat there drinking her tea, taking a few gazes at Melissa here and there.

"Why bernadette, Danielle. It does make a woman feel special especially when the crowned prince takes notice of her existence. It is sad isn't it? when all it took me was a day and you have been trying your whole lives for such opportunity." Melissa said all these blunt with a smile and a flowery face. She was her own ways of making people like these feeling just as weak as the women they attack.

Her remark took them all by Kali, Famiael and even Arundel laughed a bit in a quiet tone.

Danielle and Bernadette were embarrassed as they both either looked away or just are a biscuit embarrassed.

They could not expect somebody to not speak up them some day because their way of speaking is annoying to my ears~♡

Later at the end of the tea party, Melissa was saying a hearty good bye to her friends because she knew, she was not a lady to also respond to letters immediately.

As Famiael and Kali left the sun was setting. Melissa looked up at it the beautiful orange, yellow and red mixture in the sky with a smile on her face a warm one like the weather of right then.

She turned as she was about to walk towards her carriage as well then there she was. Like out a romance novel, Arundel was standing in the wind and looking towards Melissa.

Melissa felt like she was Romeo in this scene. She walked towards Arundel with her hand over her face because the wind in her hair.

"Miss Melissa, I have come to make your acquaintance." Arundel said with a smile that seemed for the one she showed Bernadette earlier.

About over an hour later.

"Hello brother." Arundel said walking into his study.

"How was your tea party with the other ladies?" He said in a Husky and serious tone still writing something in his paperwork with a quill pen.

"It was wonderful..." The Blonde haired woman said in response sounding sincere.

"I even met the second daughter of Duke Langston."

The Crowned prince put his quill pen down and then took off his reading glasses.

"Tell me more..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 2.5K 62
𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 π’˜π’‰π’ π’‡π’Šπ’π’…π’” 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 π’Šπ’ 𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’π’˜π’ π’„π’“π’†π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’. π˜™π˜¦π˜―π˜¦π˜¦, 𝘒 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺-𝘧π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘒𝘳 𝘰𝘭π˜₯ 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...
A Secret Ambition By Laura

Historical Fiction

122K 11K 33
Before giving herself over the the inevitable marriage mart that is the London Season, Lily Beresford is determined to make a clandestine foray out i...
269K 18.1K 155
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
397K 16.1K 122
It all started when Princess Catheline married the dangerously attractive and recently crowned King of Anthreal, Xander. After their marriage, he ne...