A tale of destiny's detour

By _enitan_007

New city, new faces and completely new feelings. To achieve her goals, Aarohi, a small town middle class girl... More

Copyright Disclaimer
~Characters~
CHAPTER 1: A new beginning
Chapter 2: Meeting the Devil
Chapter 3 - Crossing Paths Again
Chapter 4 - What have you done, Aarohi?
Chapter 5: Sneaking in
Chapter 6 : The partners
Chapter 8 : A date?
Chapter 9 : The Saviour
Chapter 10: The third wheel
Chapter 11 : My happy place
Chapter 12 : Love is in the air
Chapter 13 : Drunk confession
Chapter 14: The Uninvited Guest
Chapter 15: Falling in love
Chapter 16: The first kiss
Chapter 17: The Teamwork
Chapter 18- The Treasure Hunt
Chapter 19- Truth or dare?
Chapter 20- The Most Awaited Confession
Chapter 21- The unsaid love
Chapter 22- Birthday Bash
Chapter 23- Never have I ever
Chapter 24- Face the music
Chapter 25- Love against all odds
Chapter 26: A perfect date
Chapter 27: Secret Romance
Chapter 28: A way ahead
Chapter 29- Imperfectly Perfect
Chapter 30: Spilling the beans
Chapter 31: Crossing limits
Chapter 32: Unfolding Secrets
Chapter 33: Parting Ways
Chapter 34: Wedding Bells
Chapter 35: Crossing paths Again
Chapter 36: Running from the past
Chapter 37- Comrades on Mission
Chapter 38- Steamy Romance
Chapter 39- Friends Forever
Chapter 40- Box of Memories
Chapter 41- Hit the Dance Floor,
Chapter 42- The best night ever
Chapter 43- Love is in the air
Chapter 44- The Mehendi Night
Chapter 45- The Bachelor's Party
Chapter 46- A heartbreak?

Chapter 7: The ultimate problem solver

1.1K 108 34
By _enitan_007

Aarohi's POV

Aarohi, you are such an idiot. Who told you to act impulsively and say all those things to Vivaan? Now how will I do this project alone? I screamed in my mind.

About a week later, and one night before the submission, there I was, sitting on the floor continuously staring at my almost completed assignment. It still needed some editing.

Vivaan had tried to talk to me in the past few days but I refused to take any help from him.

Sanvi has already completed her assignment, going to bed just after having dinner.

And here I am, feeling sleepy and tired as hell still working on my assignment and complaining to God in Intervals.

Why is this taking so much time? Shit! What just happened? Where is my assignment?

In a blink, everything just disappeared. How is that even possible? Maybe I entered the wrong key. Fuck my life. Tomorrow is the submission day. What am I going to do now?

When my eyes were filled with tears and I was about to cry, I heard a knock on my window.

I turned around and it was Vivaan, entering through my window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked going near him.

"Are you crying?" he asked me when a teardrop rolled down my cheek.

I looked at him and said in a low voice, "I was at the ending part of the assignment when everything just disappeared."

"Have u saved it anywhere?" he asked when a few more droplets rolled down. I nodded my head indicating a no.

I know it was my fault. He offered to help but I was being stubborn and now I am prepared for his scolding.

"It's okay, I am here, I will fix it," he said holding my face with both his hands.

"I am sorry," I said lowering my face.

"It's not your fault. Don't worry, it's gonna be fine" he smiled wiping off my tears.

His unexpected behaviour along with that smile gave me a sense of relief.

Then he quickly opened his laptop and sat on the floor leaning on the side of the bed. He started the work after I provided him some notes which I made earlier.

While he was working, I went to the kitchen to make him some coffee.

"Coffee," I passed him the coffee. He thanked me and continued his work. I locked the door when Vivaan looked at me.

"Sanvi is sleeping and I don't want her to find out that you are here," I explained.

"Hmmmm" he nodded his head while working on the assignment.

I sat beside him resting my back on the side of the bed and looked at his laptop.

"Aaarohi-aarohi" the yelling voice of Sanvi and the sound of banging on the door broke my sleep.

I slightly opened my eyes and found my head resting on the shoulder of Vivaan.

What am I doing? I slept the whole night on his shoulder?

I looked at him who was sleeping like an innocent child. He was looking cute while sleeping and I couldn't move my eyes from his face. Looking at him like this was so satisfying.

"Aarohi, are you alive?" she shouted again.

"Yes," I replied.

"We are getting late for college. Are you ready?" she asked.

"I'll take some time, you go first," I replied.

I looked at Vivaan again who was awake by then and looking at me. I instantly stood up as it was very awkward. Why didn't he wake me up?

"The assignment is done," he said.

"Okay, I mean thanks," I said and he replied with a smile.

"Sanvi went to college so you can freshen up," I said passing him my towel which had never been touched by anyone but me.

"What will you have for breakfast?" I asked.

"Anything that you can make," he replied.

"What do you mean? I can make everything." I said confidently.

"Okay, so I'll have Gnocchi di Patate, Vitello Tonnato, Croque monsieur.... ," he said when I interrupted him, "Alloo paratha? I'll make alloo paratha."

I was stuffing the aalo into the doe when I heard him shouting and rushed inside. He was standing at the bathroom door with the towel.

"What happened?" I asked him trying hard not to look at his muscular body.

"Help me," he shouted hugging me from the back.

"Th-there is something in your washroom," he said in a cracking voice.

"Let me see," I said removing his hand from my waist.

"Don't tell me you are scared of that little lizard?" I asked in amusement.

"I a-am not afraid of anything. It's just that it looks ugly," he said and I started laughing.

"Enough, just remove it," he ordered.

His efforts to hide his fear and act cool made me laugh even more.

"It's gone," I said pushing him inside the washroom.

"Ouchh..," he said holding his shoulder.

I passed him a spray from the cupboard without uttering a word. I was too embarrassed to say anything.

"Breakfast is ready," I informed him keeping the plates on the table.

Never thought I would make breakfast for this devil.

"It tastes good," he said instantly bringing a smile on my face.

After having breakfast he left for college. He has offered to give me a ride but I refused.

While getting ready. I was only thinking about him. The way he was holding my face, him smiling at me and me leaning on his shoulder. Nothing from yesterday's night was leaving my mind.

I went to college to submit the assignment. After the class, we all sat in the canteen discussing the assignment.

I looked at Vivaan who was looking at me only. I instantly removed my eyes from him as I felt uncomfortable.

Suddenly Sambhavi came there.

"Heyy Vivaan," she smiled at Vivaan.

"Hey Sam," he smiled back.

"Let's go to shopping," she said.

I was looking at them. Vivaan looked at me as if it had anything to do with me.

"I can't go now," he replied.

"Please Vivaan," she requested in a sweet voice pulling his arm.

"Ahhh," the instant sound of pain came from his mouth making me concerned.

"Be careful. His shoulder is hurt," I shouted instantly and soon realized that I said something that I shouldn't have.

Every face snapped towards me expecting an explanation.

"How do you know that his shoulder is hurt?" Aadi asked.

"I didn't know. I just figured it out through his voice," I replied trying to sound confident enough.

But I think no one was convinced. Sambhavi left with disappointment and everyone went to pay the bill.

It was only me and Vivaan sitting there along with an awkward silence.

"Thanks for yesterday," I finally spoke.

"No need, it was my assignment too," he replied.

"Sorry, because of me, your shoulder....," before I could complete, he interrupted me in between.

"It wasn't your fault too," he said looking at me.

I am not familiar with this Vivaan. Why is he talking to me that softly? He spent a whole night with me and still didn't mention it to anyone. Why does he seem different from the person I met in the locker room?

The next day we were at college attending classes.

"What are the boys busy with today?" Sanvi asked.

"Don't know," I replied focusing on my phone.

We were in the middle of class when I heard the girls behind us talking about something.

Girl 1- Hey watch this live video. Girl 2- This is our basketball court.
Girl 3- But who is fighting?
Girl 1- It's Vivaan and his group.

I turned back snatching the phone from her hand and saw the video. It was Vivaan, Rohan and Aadi fighting with Veer and his group. I stood up instantly and stormed out of the class. Sanvi followed me.

We went downstairs and finally reached the basketball court. The place was crowded and the fight was still going on.

Finally, with a lot of effort, I reached the front.

I was too scared to respond. I didn't know what to do.

Vivaan was punching Veer who was bleeding. I was thinking of a way to stop him when my eyes fell on a boy who was approaching Vivaan with a hockey stick.

I called out to Vivaan but he was in no mood to listen.

Without thinking anything, I got in the middle and stood in front of him when the stick hit my head and I fell grabbing everyone's attention.

Heya, lovely readers. So here is the next chapter.

Do let me know how you feel about Vivaan's changing attitude towards Aarohi. ✨

Lots of love❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Tangled Hearts By ☆

General Fiction

3.4K 240 15
When two hearts love each other then it becomes a LOVESTORY. When two hearts fulfil their love then it becomes a FAIRYTALE. And this is the tale of A...
20.7K 2.9K 52
It's an Imaginary fictional story . This story revolves around two sweet souls who parted due to their misunderstanding. They meet at their batch reu...
11.6K 539 36
Two people from a group of childhood friends when meet after 2 years, how will they fight the attraction between them. When the girl is already in lo...
352 24 8
a story about a girl aarohi who got cheated by her ex husband but her in laws treated her as their daughter and broke their relationship with their o...