Secrets In the Shadows (Syzyg...

By JanelleYurime

Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagi... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 2

71 16 1
By JanelleYurime

Samantha's POV

After school, I bid goodbye to my friends and made my way home, feeling the need for a nap. As I entered the house, I noticed Auntie engrossed in reading some papers. Approaching her quietly, I gently planted a kiss on her cheek, causing her to startle. I couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction.

"Oh my you scared me" she said while breathing heavily.

"Sorry Aunt you just seems so occupied with what you are reading" I said smiling

"Oh it's just some bills that we need to pay next month" she said sadly so I looked at the paper bills on the table

"Err that's a lot" I said worriedly

Our bills are getting higher and higher. I don't know if I could still continue my studies if this don't get unsolve immediately.

"Don't worry I'll do something about it, now go to your room and take a rest, don't worry about this" she said assuring me. I just sigh and kiss her on the head.

"Don't worry Aunt Meliss.. I'll find other job for weekends to pay those bills"

"No you don't have to.. you have school works so you can't work at weekends besides the money that you are giving to me are enough"

"No Aunt it's not.. I can multitask just let me help you, I don't want to stress you too much. That's why we're both here right? To help each other and as long as I can I will try" I said to her trying to lessen her worries.

"Oh I'm so lucky to have you dear" she said before hugging me, I hugged her back tightly.

To be honest, I'm in the verge of crying. There's no assurance that I can win this fight. And that's scaring the shit out of me. What will just happen to us?

Sigh

Erase. Erase. Erase.

Stop overthinking Samantha. Think positive, don't loose hope. You can do this. You coped every challenges that the world thrown to you, this is just one of those.

"No Aunt I'm much lucky to have you by my side and don't worry when I graduate you don't have to work. I'll make you my Queen on my mansion... our mansion" I said to her while smiling and dreaming of our future together.

"Oh you kid.. you're so full of yourself" I laughed at what she said

"Nuh just have faith on me"

"Haayyss dear... I'm not always by your side.. the day will come and your life will fully change. And if that happens just remember that I'm always here guiding you" her voice are now shaky.

"Shhh we'll make through this... together" I tried to calm her down.

"You don't understand Samantha... your destiny is already engraved and someday you'll be in a world that different from here. So strengthen yourself" she whispered to me. I furrowed my eyebrows because her words have a deeper meaning on it.

"I-i don't understand.. w-what are you trying to say Auntie?" I said nervously.

"Nothing dear now go to your room, You have work later so take a quick nap" she said and loosen her grip on me. I just obeyed her and not ask much question. Maybe Aunt just thought that my life will change when I got fully successful in life and she wouldn't be here anymore by that time.

But I'll make sure to take good care of her. I promise that.

-----

"Hey, loser!!!"

As I diligently cleaned the counter table at the renowned bar in our town, "Rock Y'r Booty," a familiar voice shouted. I turned around to see who it was. This place has been my workplace ever since Jess's dad took me in when I was 17. Although it's not my preferred environment due to the crowded nature, this job has been a lifeline for me.

"The Gang has arrived," I responded wearily, acknowledging their presence.

"Need some help babe?" Avery appeared beside me, wrapping her arm around my waist and offering help.

However, an uncomfortable feeling washed over me, freezing me in place. There was something off about Avery's action, and it made me uneasy.

Ever since I turned 18, a strange sensation has emerged whenever someone touches me like this. It's as if I'm embroiled in some significant trouble, and I find it difficult to be at ease with such physical closeness. Everything changed in an instant, and I can't comprehend why. I feel  though I'm betraying someone whenever I allow others to get close to me.

Oh my what the heck is wrong with me.

"Hey Sam is there something wrong?" Aves put her hand infront of me turning me back to my consciousness.

"Ah y-yeah I-i mean no there's nothing wrong"

"Geez you're sweating" she said worriedly and took off her arm around me that makes me breath in relief.

"Don't worry I'm okay... go on your spot they're waiting" I said while pointing on Jessy who's wagging her arms on the air looking at us.

"Okay we'll just relax there. Geez we almost got in trouble lately" she said exaggeratedly.

"Huh why what happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Don't worry we just almost got robbed and someone just almost stab Jessy" she said simply.

"What the fuck?!!!" I said feeling nervous and mad at the same time because it feels like it's a small thing for her.

"Hey hey relax we're all safe and sound. Someone saved us and she was really cool!" she said enthusiastically while jumping.

"What? who?" I asked relieved.

"I don't know... she just suddenly disappeared when she finished beating those douchebag who attempt to harm us"

"What do you mean by suddenly disappeared?" I asked confused.

"Like she just vanished into tin air I don't know it was so amazing and I think she has a super powers" she said dreamily.

"That's insane" I said continuing my job.

"What does she looks like?" I can't help but to be intrigued about the topic.

"Err I don't know.. she has a cape" she said that made me look at her.

"Then how did you know that it's a she?"

"She's tin and she moves like a girl warrior... Gosh she's so sexy while fighting" she said looking at me with admiration in her eyes. I suddenly feel a little bit jealous.

Huh? Why would I be jelous?

Aves really spread her weirdness

"What if she's one of the creatures that Prof Jeff wants us to find?"

"Grr stop it Aves it's not true"

"Bla bla whatever but I swear she just disappeared in a blink of an eye" she said walking away towards the Gang.

"Whatever Avery" I said not believing her words maybe she's just making fun of me again. Or what if it's true? My dream, hayss I remembered my dream again. That girl in my dream is different.. like she's not normal. What if she's one of them? if what Prof Jeff's statement is true about Vampires and Werewolves.

Ughh my head hurts because of thinking too much. I'll just believe it when I see it with my own two eyes.

My co-worker Elize nudged me making me furrowed at her.

"Don't give me that look as if you wants to murder me" she laugh while mixing the drinks. I didn't mind her and get back to work.

"Hey"

"What?"

"Look at this, you see that guy over there?" she said while pointing to a man that is wearing a cap,

"Yeah?"

"He's been there maybe 2 hours from now. And he's stealing a glimpse of you"

"Why would he? Your just assuming it"

"Nah I swear he's been looking at you for an ages. Isn't that creepy? You have a stalker" she said mockingly.

"Grr just do your job El, you're much worse than a drunken ashman" I said tiredly. I'm surprised I can stand this kind of job.

"In case you're about to fall, just call me so I can have time to catch you" she said before wagging her eyebrows.

"You're not a good flirt young lady" she just laughed at what I've said.

"Wow, sorry grandma, can you please teach me how?" She asked even louder because of the dj's music.

"Unfortunately I do not know how too" I responded before heading to a table to clean the costumers mess.

"Oh I think we're meant to be!!" she said before laughing crazily. I mentally facepalm.

That girl and her awful tacts.

"Geez hurry up you two!!" Jess shouted at us.

My shift is already over and we're heading home now, they're going to give me a lift. But it's difficult to catch up with them because little Avery here is so drunk and half of her weight is on me, she's heavy enough for me to drop her, I can't carry her alone.

"Fuck it Jess can you help me heree pleaseee!!" I shouted at her. I'm getting irritated because of Avery and I'm tired now so I don't have much strength to carry this bitch who's so heavy like a pig. Jess came to my rescue and we put a sleeping Avery in the backseat of the car.

"Where are the others?" I asked searching for her date Nina and the pervert Olivia.

"They already head home" she said putting her seatbelt on.

"Are you not drunk? say it now I don't want us to have an accident because of your drunken state" I said unsure whether she can still drive.

"Yeah yeah I can I didn't drink much coz I know I'm the driver tonight" she said while starting the engine. I heave a sigh of relief.

"Chillax your not gonna die here. You have nine lives because you're still an old cat" she said while laughing.

"Shut up and drive now. And FYI I'm only 19"  I complaint gritting my teeth... they really like to mock me because I'm still virgin.

"Ksksk so bossy" she said and starts to head to my house. I just look outside the window feeling the cold breeze touching my skin and watching the trees while swaying in a rhythm.

I'm near on falling asleep when suddenly my eyes caught something... I observe it carefully and my eyes widened when I see a pair of eyes with a gray and gold in it that is glowing in the dark. Oh.My.Gosh.

I can't move nor say anything. We just stare at each other and no matter how bad I want to take my eyes off it I just can't. It's luring me, it's so beautiful. It's moving with the same speed of the car.

I heave a deep breath and tried to close my eyes and I did it. When I opened it again the pair of eyes were not there anymore. And I felt the coldness returns... I think I shouldn't close my eyes I want to see it again. Geezzzzz why am I suddenly feeling so....

Sad?

Until we got infront of my house and I said goodbye to Jess I'm still thinking about what I've seen.

I'm walking upstairs when I heard my Aunt's voice that makes me come back to my senses.

"Samantha?" I looked at Auntie Meliss who's sitting on the couch.

"Aunt why are you still awake?" I asked and came to her and sat beside her.

"Well I'm just worried about you so I waited for you to come home" she said with a sleepy eyes.

"Oh Auntie you shouldn't wait for me it's obvious that you're just trying not to close your eyes. Besides you know that I always came home this time of hour right?" I said to her while helping her to stand up.

"I just don't feel good about you still out this late" I got confused as to why she said that.

"Aunt is there something bothering you? You know that I have work at night and I always head home late right?" I asked worriedly and we start to walk upstairs.

"I just feel uneasy lately" she said.

"Oh your just tired Auntie please take a rest now. Don't worry Jess gave me a ride home" I said assuring her and she heave a sigh of relief.

"Okay okay let's head to bed" she said and I walk her to her room.

"And Samantha?" Aunt called me when I was about to walk to my own room.

"Yes Auntie?" I asked feeling so sleepy.

"Be careful always okay? If Jess can always give you a ride home ask for it okay?"

"Uhm why Aunt? You know I can just take a cab sometimes" I asked feeling weird now.

"You can't always trust everyone Samantha.. take note of that" she said before closing her door.

Ughh I'm so sleepy now and Aunt is being weird. I should ask her later about her actions. I get to bed and turned off the light.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
12.7K 723 32
Mature Content. 18+ Leigh has a secret. Jace is about to become Alpha. Garrett is already an Alpha. Samantha indulges her Alpha's fantasies. Olivia i...
228K 9.1K 47
Her words still linger in my head My mind wanders off to thinking about her Her natural thick chocolate curls. Her Carmel skin. Her beautiful melan...
2.8K 144 12
DISCONTINUED AND MARKED AS COMPLETE. "You just wanted to play with my heart, was that it?" Jasmine asked. Every bit of her emotions leaked through h...