Big City Green X Male Reader

By SecretiveBandit

An old friend decides to visit the Greens for a visit. That's all there is to it. To find out what happens, r... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 3

233 3 6
By SecretiveBandit

The Greens and Y/N are seen walking down the busy streets of Big City while carrying bags of goodies for their stake night.

Cricket: "Oh boy, I can't wait for tonight. Our first family Steak Night in the Big City!"

Everyone: "Whoo!"

Bill: "And even though the food's three times more expensive here, nothin's more important than family tradition. But seriously, I spent Cricket's college savings in there."

Y/N: "Homeschooling him still isn't easy, yet."

Cricket: "I never planned on goin'. What's your favorite part of Steak Night, Tilly?"

Tilly: "Well, Cricket, where do I start? I'd have to say... the steaks."

Gramma: "The steaks!"

Bill: "Uh, I'm gonna have to go with steaks."

Cricket: "Cause it ain't Steak Night without the steaks!" He held up the packet of stakes above his head.

Bill: "Wait, how'd you get those?"

Cricket: "Can I hold them? Can I, dad?"

Bill: "Hmm... Well, all right. But be careful. Steaks are the heart of Steak Night."

Cricket: "I'll care for 'em like my own precious meat babies." He squeezes and kissed them.

Bill looked at his watch. "Oh, wow, it's gettin' late. We gotta get home."

Cricket: "Hey, Dad, look! Let's take the subway! That'll save us a bunch of time."

Bill: "Good idea. Can't be that complicated, right?"

Cricket and Tilly: "Yay! Subway! Subway! Subway!"

Gramma: "Sub-won't! That subway's no good! And full of hidden dangers. Nothin' good ever comes from being underground! The only way you're gonna get me down that slimy old crime hole is if you drag me kickin' and screamin'!" She realized Bill is holding her. "Oh you did. Well heck."

Y/N turned his attention to the kids. "Hey, by any chance. Did you see the music video where I was doing loops in the tunnel as fireworks set off in the background?"

Cricket: "Yeah! It was really cool!"

Y/N: "Well, it was this very train station I did it at. Of course the producers weren't keen on the idea so I had to do it with the help of a few college students and a couple of drones."

Tilly: "Wow!"

Y/N: "I don't know what happened to the bike though. After all that it became a blur."

At the end of the story, the kids looked around the station.

Cricket: "Dang! Would you look at this place? It's like a whole underground city, Tilly. Let's show these steaks around."

Tilly: "I'll bet they'd love that."

A woman was carrying a snake on her shoulders while on the phone with someone. "I told you to get the extra-large mice."

Cricket *whisper*: "Careful, steaks. The people here can commune with reptiles."

The snake then turned and tried chomping Cricket's head but he moved out of the way.

Cricket: "Aaaah!!"

Snake Woman: "Oh. He likes you."

...

A man was using a drinking fountain.

Cricket: "This traveler's storing water for a long, sad, lonely journey underground."

...

Another man was sleeping on a bench.

Cricket: "Don't worry. I'm ninety-percent sure he's just sleeping."

The man suddenly screams, which scared Cricket and Tilly. The two walked away and looked underneath a bench.

Cricket: "And this is where they harvest their stretchy candy." He stretched one of them out. "Mmm-yeah."

Tilly giggles, before turning to a rat in front of her. "Huh? Oh! Hello." The rat turns his head around, squeaking. "What's that? You want me to be your fearless leader?" They stare at each other for a moment. "I graciously accept."

Bill: "Kids! Come on, stay close! Now, let's see here." He looked a map on a stand.

The kids walked over to the adults.

Cricket: "But Dad, I'm lookin' around with Tilly and the steaks!" He heard hip hop music and turns to his right. "Ooh."

A crowd was watching a street dancer doing a breakdance. Making the crowd cheer.

Man: "Whoo! Wow!"

Woman: "Wicked!"

Cricket: "Oh, my gosh. An underground hoedown! My turn." He got on the dance floor; hums and does a bluegrass dance.

The crowd cheered at the performance.

Street dancer: "Hey, you're pretty good. But can you do... this?" He made robot noises and does the Robot.

Cricket: "Oh. Mah. Gosh. He's a robot wearing the skin of a human! Stay back! I'll handle this menace!"

The Greens' train arrives as Y/N called for Cricket. "Our train's here Cricket!"

Cricket: "Okay!" He ran to the train as the doors closed just as soon as Cricket got in.

P.A: "Next stop, Tenth Street Station."

Cricket: "Tricky robot man, thinks he can pull one over-- Wait." He noticed the package of steaks was sitting next to a bench near where the street dancer is dancing! "THE STEAKS!"

P.A.: "This train is now departing."

As the train leaves, Cricket holds onto the back window, looking back at the steaks in fear.

Cricket: "NO...!"

Tilly, Bill, Gramma, and Y/N were sitting on a bench on the train.

Bill: "So, how do you want your steaks cooked tonight?"

Tilly: "I'd like mine extra-well done."

Y/N: "Amen."

Gramma: "Rarer than rare! Like a diamond... of meat."

Bill: "Sheesh, I'm so hungry, I might just eat mine raw! Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!"

Gramma: "Hahaha!"

Bill: "I'll do it! Bring me my steak!"

Tilly: "Stop it, Papa."

Y/N: "Come on Bill, I know you're a big guy but I know you can wait a little longer."

Bill: "Haha! Remember when we were younger and skipped breakfast that we tried to eat raw potatoes."

Y/N: "Hahaha! Yeah!"

Cricket looked traumatized because of him losing the steaks. His pupils were tiny, and there are thick lines around the whites of his eyes.

Bill: "Hey, Cricket! Whatcha up to, pal? Come over here!"

Y/N: "Yeah, whatchu waiting for? An invitation?"

Cricket walked over to the Greens, still having the same traumatized look on his face.

Bill: "Listen, just 'cause we live in the city now doesn't mean (he gathers Cricket, Tilly, and Gramma for a group hug) our old ways of doing things are goin' anywhere. Tonight's gonna be great.

Cricket started trembling where he stood.

Bill: "Uh, Cricket, are you okay?"

Cricket: "I lost the steaks!"

Bill: "What?"

Cricket: "It was only partially my fault, I swear! It was that darn robot man!"

Bill: "...Oh, boy."

Tilly: "Can we get more steaks, Papa?"

Bill: "Not unless we have another month's savings lying around."

Gramma: "Well, don't look at me. My money's tied up with the Feds."

Y/N: "I'd be more than willing to buy more."

Cricket: "Don't worry. I can get our steaks back."

The train stops at Tenth Street Station.

Cricket: "We just have to go back to the last station and grab 'em."

Bill: "No, Cricket, we're not going back-"

Cricket: "Too late! I'm already doing it!" He's exited the train onto the station.

Bill: "CRICKET!" He, Tilly, Gramma and Y/N got off the train to follow Cricket. "Hurry! Hurry! Before the doors close-"

They already do but the train door caught Bill's right arm while carrying a grocery bag. "Ah! Don't worry about me, just go get Cricket."

Tilly: "Aye-aye, Papa." She turns to a group of rats, among them is the one she met earlier. "Linda, Alfred, you and the gang go get Cricket. Crazy Dave, you just do you. Roll out!"

The sewer rats do so, and stop at a pizza slice laying on the subway floor. They eat it.

Tilly: "Aww. Well, that is just too cute."

Cricket: "OK. Let's see. Fifth Street Station."

Conductor: "Fifth Street Station! All aboard this train to Fifth Street Station! My job is to say that this train is going to Fifth Street Station!"

Cricket: "Steaks, here I come!"

Bill was struggling to get his grocery bag out of the train door.

Bill: "Oh, come on! Aaah!" The grocery bag rips apart, and most of the groceries fall out. "Our potater salad ingredients! Rest in peace..."

Cricket: "Come on, Dad! Steaks are this way!"

Bill: "Cricket, come back here!"

Cricket struggled to find his way through a large crowd

Cricket: "Hurry, Dad! This way! Almost there!"

Bill followed Cricket while also struggling to find his way through the crowd. "Oh, gosh. S-Sorry. Excuse me. Pardon me! Trying to get to my son! Cricket, come back!"

Cricket continued running.

Bill: "Cricket!" He wipes away his sweat. "Slow down, son! Daddy's heart!"

Cricket: "Dad, we're almost to the-" He stopped in front of an angry pink fluffy dog. "Ah!"

Dog: "Arf! Arf! Arf! Arf!"

Bill grabbed Cricket. "Gotcha! We're goin' home!"

Man: "Excuse me, sir. Do you have a moment to talk about the environment?"

Cricket: "Why, yes, he does. In fact, he's an organic farmer."

Bill: "Hmm?"

Man: "Oh, really? That's so cool!"

Bill: "Oh-Yeah, I... guess so. But I don't like to think of it as organic farming as much as just... doing it the right way." He noticed Cricket left while he was talking. "Huh? What? Wait-Cricket!"

Man: "OK. Question one. How often do you recycle?"

Cricket slid down the stair ramp "This way, Dad! I can almost taste those steaks!"

Man: "OK, next question. Do you support voting rights... for trees?"

Bill: "Uh, sorry, can't talk now. Bye!"

Man: "Wait!" He grabbed onto Bill's leg. "Don't you care about Mother Earth!" Gramma whacked him on the head with her cane. "Oh!" He lets go of Bill's leg.

Gramma: "Git yer tree-huggin' hands off my boy!" She shooed him away, he skimps away on all fours. "Go on now, git!"

Bill and Gramma ran over to the staircase.

Cricket: "Dad, over here!"

Cricket was about to get on the next train.

Cricket: "This train will take us back to the steaks!"

Bill and Gramma: "Cricket!"

Bill grabbed Gramma and ran after Cricket. "This way, Tilly!"

Tilly: "Coming, Papa!" She rode on the sewer rats.

Tilly: "Whee!"

Conductor: "Last call for Fifth Street Station! This train is leaving very soon!"

Cricket: "All clear! No obstacles here!"

A couple of men in European clothing put down their Alpine Horns and play them.

Man: "Alpine Horn Battle!"

Cricket: "Steaks! Ah!" He jumped over the horns and made it to the train, but not before the doors close, thus leaving him stuck between the doors. "Ha! Hurry!"

Bill: "Argh! Argh!" He Tilly, Bill, Gramma, and the rats all make it to the doors, opening them and releasing Cricket. They all make it safely on the train as the doors close.

Y/N: "Glad to see all of you made it." He was seen sitting on the Train on a bench with his phone in his hands.

Bill: "Uh! Oh. My head." He noticed his lettuce has been damaged through all the running. "Oh, my head of lettuce!"

Cricket put his right hand on Tilly's right shoulder. "Guys, we made it!"

P.A.: "Now departing Tenth Street Station."

Cricket: "Next stop, steaks! Our family tradition is saved!"

A sudden electrical crackling is heard. The power went out, and the train comes to a sudden halt.

P.A.: "Your attention, please. Due to a suspicious package left at Fifth Street Station, this train has been delayed... indefinitely."

Cricket: "No, no!! OK, Dad, new plan. We're just gonna-"

Bill raised his left hand at Cricket. "Cricket! No. Just-" He groaned. "You've done enough. And thanks to all that running around, we lost most of the groceries, too."

Alice: "We'll have to eat sawdust. Like back in the trenches." She smacked her lips.

Bill: "I guess we'll just have to wait this one out."

Cricket laid down, depressed about having ruined Steak Night. He sighed and puts his head and body down under the bench. Tilly looks down, noticing her brother feeling down.

Cricket chewed a stretchy candy from the underside of the bench. "Hmm..."

Tilly: "What flavor stretchy candy ya got there?"

Cricket sighs. "Regret... And... raspberry swirl?" He takes the stretchy candy out of his mouth. "Bleah. Oh, Tilly, I feel awful. I ruined Steak Night. I'll never be able to show my face around the house again. I'll have to move away and live in a shed of shame. A shame shed."

Tilly: "It's true, that went very poorly, but the Cricket I know never gives up when it comes to family! Which is why you have to go back for those steaks."

Cricket: "We're trapped here. How can I possibly get out?"

Tilly: "Same way the rats get in." She pointed to the emergency exit on the ceiling, one of the rats is going through it.

Cricket chuckled.

Bill: "Well, steaks ain't happening tonight. But maybe I can make something out of what we've got left." As he looked through his groceries, Tilly gave Cricket a boost to the emergency exit.

Bill: "Let's see, I've still got a radish, some coriander, couple of eggs, and... a squirt gun? Cricket, I told you not to put this in the cart!" He notices Cricket left. "Cricket? Cricket! Tilly, you have got to stop enabling your brother."

Tilly: "I know, and I'm sorry. Which is why I made you this apology necklace out of trash I found lying around."

Y/N: "Wow, she's really sorry Bill. I'm going to after Cricket, don't wait up." He jumped up the escape latch and pulled himself out.

Bill: "Uh... Apology accepted. Now throw that thing away and give me a boost."

Meanwhile Cricket was running through the tunnel to Fifth Street Station.

Cricket: "Hang on, steaks, I'm comin'!" He stops at the "Station 5" sign and notices the package of steaks still sitting next to the bench. "Whew! They're okay." A robot comes near the steaks. "What the heck? A robot?"

A couple members of Bomb Squad peek out from behind the wall. They are wearing protective suits and most of their faces are covered, except their eyes. They are the ones controlling the robot.

Female Bomb Squad member: "Careful now. We don't know what's in that package. One wrong move and it could explode!"

Male Bomb Squad member: "Stop it! You're making me nervous."

The robot went closer to the package. It reaches out its claw hands, ready to grab it.

Female Bomb Squad member: "Careful... OK..." The camera robot gets closer to the steaks) "Easy..."

Cricket grabs the package just before the robot could.

Male Bomb Squad member: "Whoa! Where'd it go? Let's see..." Cricket is seen running with the package.

Cricket: "Ah!"

Female Bomb Squad member: "That large rat took the bomb! Get him!"

Male Bomb Squad member: "I'm on it!" He pushed a button on the control, making the robot go after Cricket.

Bomb Squad Robot: "Pursuing. Pursuing."

Meanwhile Tilly, Bill, and Gramma looked for Cricket.

Gramma: "Y'all keep your eyes peeled for gators. They're nature's thieves."

Bill: "All right, Ma."

The Greens all turn around to see Cricket running from the robot with the steak still in hand.

Cricket: "Aaah! Get away from me, robot!"

Bomb Squad Robot: "Pursuing. Pursuing. Continuing to pursue."

Bill: "What in the-"

Tilly: "Go, Cricket!"

Cricket: "I got the steaks! Come on, let's go-" He bumps into a low-hanging sign, accidentally releasing the steaks, sending them flying in the air. The robot catches them. "No!"

Female Bomb Squad member: "Nice catch."

Male Bomb Squad member: "Thanks, Carol."

Female Bomb Squad member: "Dispatch, this is Bomb Squad. The package is secure. Get those trains up and running!"

Meanwhile Cricket and the robot, about to engage in a battle.

Cricket: "Let's party."

His eyelids close in on his pupils. The robot makes the same expression as him.

Cricket yelled as he charges at the robot. He reaches for the steaks, but the robot pulls them away. "Dang robot dance moves! Ugh!"

Bill: "Cricket, get away from that thing!"

Cricket grunted and kicked the robot, trying to force it to release the steaks.

Bomb Squad Robot: "Maximum threat detected. Preparing disposal." It opens chest, revealing a "mouth" inside.

A/N: "FNAF anyone?"

Cricket: "Hey! You can't eat those. Ah!"

He attacked the robot, and they both fall over and land on the train tracks! The Greens look in shock and gasp.

Cricket: "Let go! We need these to have our Steak Night!"

Bill: "Cricket, get off the tracks! It's dangerous!"

The train horn blows. The train is headed for the station as Cricket and the robot continue fighting for the steaks.

Gramma: "Bill, take my cane!"

As Cricket and the robot continue fighting, Bill grabs him by the overalls with Gramma's cane.

Bill: "Son! Let go!"

Cricket: "And ruin our family tradition? Never! You said it yourself, steaks are the heart of Steak Night!"

Bill: "No, that's wrong! Steak Night isn't about the steaks! It's about family! We can afford to buy more steaks. We can't afford to buy another Cricket!"

Tilly: "...I've tried."

Suddenly a motorcycle was heard as blur grabbed Cricket and the stakes and riding towards the train. Y/N quickly made a 180° turn and quickly rode away from the train.

Y/N grabbed the stakes and threw it away as the Bomb Squad Robot went after it, creating an opening for Y/N to throw Cricket into Bill's arms.

Y/N rode to the opposite side of the tunnel and did a loop before getting on the other side where the Greens were.

Bomb Squad Robot: "Bomb recovered." Does a victory dance moving its arms up and down; the package still in claw hands. "Vic-to-ry. Vic-to-ry. Vic-to...ry?"

It turned around to notice the train headed right for it and about to crush it. The Greens watch in horror as the train runs over the robot and the steaks with it.

Male Bomb Squad member: "Huh. I guess I pressed the victory button too soon. Oh, well. Dinner?"

Female Bomb Squad member: "Ooh, yeah!"

Male Bomb Squad member: "I'm kinda cravin' steaks for some reason."

Female Bomb Squad member: "Me, too!"

The Greens were sitting on a bench and sighed.

Cricket: "Sorry I got so worked up about a couple of silly steaks."

Bill: "No need to apologize, Cricket. Family traditions are important, but never more important than family."

Cricket: "Also, I fought a robot! And rode with Y/N for the second time in my life!"

Y/N: "I was lucky to find my old motorcycle under some tarps and newspapers."

Bill: "Ha ha! Yeah! That was-That was crazy. OK, now, how about we head home and order some takeout?"

Tilly: "That won't be necessary, Papa." She picks up an old, stale slice of pizza. "The subway has provided. Bottoms up, family." She was about to eat it until Y/N slapped it out of her hands.

Y/N: "We're getting takeout."

Bill: "Okay, that's it. We're taking the bus."

Y/N: "I'll see you guys there." He got on his motorcycle and rode up the stairs before sending a quick message to Vixie to order a couple boxes of pizza, wings, bread sticks, and liters of soda.

Later...

Nancy: "Wow, sounds like all of you had it tough."

Y/N: "Yeah. But at least all of us are safe." He ate a wing before flicking the bone at a bucket full of bones.

Bill: "Same thing can't be said about the steaks."

Cricket: "We can always have another Steak Night another day."

Gramma: "But for now, pizza is silencing my hunger!"

Bill: "Ma, chew with your mouth closed."

Gramma: "You can't tell me what to do under my roof!"

Y/N: "Glad to see you never change, Alison."

Gramma: "Will you stop calling me by that nickname?!"

Y/N: "No."

Gramma placed her sword on the table aimed at Y/N.

Gramma: "Try me again boy."

Y/N rolled his eyes before looking at Cricket to had a grin on his face. Y/N slightly shook his head but it was too late.

Cricket: "Alison."

Gramma: "HYAAAA!" She picked up her sword.

Cricket quickly got out of his seat and immediately ran away. The two circling  around the interior of the house while the Greens tried to stop the fight. Y/N opened the living room window before picking up Cricket and jumping out.

Y/N quickly out the key into his bike and rode away as they heard the front door being kicked open and Gramma yelling at them.

Cricket: "What are we doing Uncle Y/N?"

Y/N: "Let's go get some ice cream while Gramma blows off some steam."

Cricket: "Yay! Ice Cream!"

Eventually the two made it to Y/N's favorite Ice Cream shop. They enter it and waited in line while Cricket was amazed by the various flavors and toppings.

Y/N got a cone with Pralines 'n Cream and Caramel Turtle Truffle. Cricket had a big paper cup bowl of chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, rocky road, s'mores, and cookies 'n cream ice cream.

The two are at a table as Cricket was amazed by the flavors. Y/N sat across him happy that he's enjoying himself.

Cricket: "We should probably bring back some ice cream for the others."

Y/N: "True. The last thing we need is for them to stop talking to us because we went out for a treat... How about you pick a flavor for them. They sell smaller quantities of ice cream in the fridge over there."

Cricket: "Really?!"

Y/N: "Yup, but finish your ice cream first. The last thing you want is for it to melt by the time you get back."

Cricket: "You're right about that. This ice cream's the best I've had." Y/N then patted Cricket's head.

Y/N: "You're a good kid Cricket Green."

Cricket: "Thanks Uncle Y/N."

Y/N: "You're welcome."

.

..

...

Special thank to Caskev21 for helping me out with this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 139 26
I woke up remembering nothing. Not my family, not my home, not even my name. I need to find out what happened to me. This nice family can help me. Bu...
57.2K 1.3K 45
"With great power, comes great responsibility" these word's Y/n will learn once he gains extraordinary powers and friends.
301 1 23
Ask people... Available for dares and questions: Aly Alika Earth Water Animal Plant Star Gray R.D.O. Image Positive Negative AlyAU#13 Flick Gabriel L...
294K 4.8K 20
I don't own anything I only own my OC's