From fantasy to reality a Pol...

By vicopinto92

Colin Bridgerton is part of one of the most important families of London aristocracy, that night at the Feath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 50

794 11 1
By vicopinto92

Eloise arrived at "my house" she was too tired, but wanted to greet her brother before locking herself in what would be her room, the people who helped in the house did not know where Benedict was because he was supposed to be in the main room " "your brother was very sick with influenza, he probably wanted to walk by the lake."

So Eloise set out to look for it near the lake, it was the first time was on that property so it was difficult to locate; When she finally saw the place in the distance, she also glimpsed a couple, who were kissing, didn't want to interrupt, so she moved a little away from them.

-Sophie!

Eloise recognized her older brother's voice, she came a little closer, and Benedict took the young woman's hand.

The girl said something but Eloise couldn't hear her.

- I didn't mean to insult you and you know it.

Eloise could hear the second Bridgerton, but the voices were lost in the wind. Out of pure curiosity she moved closer. Slower this time, because she wanted to know what was going on between the two of them, there was nothing else Eloise loved more than knowing something about one of her brothers that no one else knew.

- I'm not going to be your mistress!

Eloise was surprised, she had not believed her brother was capable of such a proposal, the young woman must had a lower social level. She watched the young woman struggle against the strength her brother exerted on her to keep her in the place. decided it was time to intervene. Eloise came out of her hiding place but neither of them realized that she was there, so she got even closer, so much that she could see the moles that the young woman had on her right arm.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Eloise said.

Benedict turned pale but did not release his grip on the young woman's waist.

-Eloise!

- the same - she waited for a moment hoping the second Bridgerton loosened his grip, when it didn't happen, she decided to be more direct - could you release the young woman I must talk to you about.

- Go home, we'll meet you there.

- No, what I have to tell you is urgent.

- Eloise, don't you see that I'm busy?

- What I see, is your guest doesn't want to be here right now - the girl's eyes were glassy - what I have to tell you is really important, it's about mother's last birthday.

- What about that?

- some information you wanted to know.

The couple turned pale, Eloise didn't know who was more astonished than the other, but finally Benedict released his hold, and the girl started to run.

- Don't even think about running away Sophie! Wait for me at the house or I'll look for you.

Eloise saw the lady was far enough away to hit her brother on the arm.

- You didn't realize you broke her heart! Poor girl, is that why you have her wearing those giant dresses? So that she accepts being your mistress! Shame on you.

- Is that what you wanted to tell me?

Eloise looked at the floor.

- No. The lady in the silver dress appeared.

Benedict stopped looking at the path Sophie walked to look at his sister, with a surprised expression.

- lies.

Eloise frowned.

- Why would I do that?

- You want me to leave so you can be alone with Sir Phillip.

- You can leave me here with Sophie, being my maid is much better than being your mistress and I bet she will accept that.

- Are you telling me that mother let you travel alone?

- No, but I can have two maids since I will be alone at home. Or is it that you prefer that your silver lady gets lost again.

Benedict knew his sister very well, he knew perfectly that she was not lying.

- tell me what you know.

- is the protegee of the late Earl Penwood, she is single because her dowry, as well as the dowries of the stepdaughters, are intact. She grew up in the countryside alone before the count married, after the marriage it is known that she was educated with the other two, but after the count's death no one knows of her whereabouts. It is only known that she never left the London house so the day you went with Pen she was there. This gives rise to three options: either the Dowager Countess hates her, or she is more beautiful than her stepsisters so she hides her so that no one notices her, or both. The only thing Anthony doesn't know is the name. But he said he would find out.

Benedict knew that it was her, the woman he had been looking for almost two years, he knew Eloise could not lie about something serious and important to him. He grabbed his sister by her arm, practically dragging her towards his house.

- Why I didn't get a letter notifying me of your arrival - he looks at Eloise - don't tell me, you ran away, Am I right?

- this time I brought a maid with me.

Benedict rolled his eyes🙄, and entered the house, asking for Sophie, they told him she was in her room, and he went up the stairs still dragging his sister.

-Sophie.

She was picking up her two giant dresses, keeping two books that Benedict had given her.

- Where do you plan to go? I need you.

Sophie was startled by the comment, she turned around, and looked at him, her cheeks were full of tears, and she felt shy when she saw Eloise, wiping the moisture with her dress.

- I have to travel to London immediately, I need you to help me with Eloise - he pointed to her - this lady is more brilliant than she lets on, I hire you as her lady-in-waiting, she has a suitor who lives near here, you have to sleep with one eye open. When you least expect it, she will run away to meet him. The gentleman in question is allowed to court her, but you should not leave him alone with her. Wait here.

Benedict left the room, and Sophie had already calmed down.

- Hello, I'm Eloise - she smiled - my brother exaggerates.

- oh really? Then why didn't he receive a letter about your arrival.

The fifth Bridgerton looked at her from head to toe, nodding.

- You're smart, I like it.

Benedict came back, and gave Sophie a black bag.

- buy two, no, three dresses worthy of a lady-in-waiting, I'll be back as soon as possible.

Without saying another word, he gave Sophie a fleeting kiss on the lips and left, in the distance a horse was heard squeaking.

"How about going for those dresses first, I can't stand to see you one more minute in what you're wearing," said Eloise.

- if you do not mind- Sophie smile

- I would lend you one of mine, but your attributes would not fit in any of my copies.

Sophie blushed.

they were going to take the Bridgerton house carriage, but they saw that the horses were fatigued, so decided to use an open two-horse carriage from the property, Eloise's maid was sleeping so they both decided to go by themselves.

When they arrived in town they went to the local dressmaker. The fabrics weren't as refined as those in London, but it was a vast improvement compared to any other dress Sophie had worn since her father died, not counting her famous silver dress, of course.

Eloise looked strangely at Sophie, because she knew how to drive the carriage, and about fabrics, shapes, and colors. As her brother said, this young woman was not an ordinary servant; she was hiding something and Eloise is going to find out what it is.

After they argued for a while since Sophie didn't want to spend Benedict's money, she asked about scraps and the most economical design. Eloise encouraged her with a "he proposed you to be his mistress" so that Sophie would spend with pleasure.

The seamstress quickly finished one dress and promised to send the others to "my house" in two days.

Eloise couldn't help but notice how excited Sophie was about the new dress, she knew that in London that was an out-of-fashion model, but it seemed that the young woman hadn't had one of those for a long time.

- You look beautiful - Eloise told her for the fifth time, somehow she knew Sophie had never heard those words in a long time.

They returned to the carriage, Sophie took the reins and they began to walk.

- is there still money left? - Eloise asked.

- yes, much more than half. I think he paid me in advance.

- made me look like the devil himself.

Sophie laughed a thunderous laugh, after calming down she looked at her lover's younger sister.

- He adores you, and all his siblings including brothers/sisters-in-law and nephews, the favorite is Thomas, his eyes glow when he speaks about that babe.

- oh when you meet the viscounts, and the dukes, I beg you to tell them that to their faces.

- I will deny it if you put me in that situation.

Eloise laughed, she really liked the young woman.

-Who are you Sophie?

She almost loosened her grip on the horses.

- what are you talking about?

- You know how to ride a carriage, there are very few of us ladies who know, I had to beg my mother to let me learn. You know styles, and fabrics, you are knowledgeable. "I bet you know how to read and other languages." Eloise looked at Sophie's face when she said the last thing, she smiled when saw the reaction she expected.

- My mother worked for a great lord, they loved her so much that they let me study with the girl of the house and her governess.

Eloise nodded, then denied opening her mouth to speak.

- That's what you told my brother, but what is the truth?

Sophie laughed half-heartedly, hoping they would reach the house, but the road was getting longer.

- that's the truth.

Sophie say no with her head. Eloise looked at her with a smile.

- Let's make that deal, I tell you my secret and you tell me yours.

- Are you pregnant? - Sophie came forward.

Now it was Eloise who was surprised, when the surprise passed she laughed.

- no, my secret is bigger.

Sophie looked at her with intrigue, now she wanted to know.

- how big?

- monumental.

- You are interested in my secret and I am in yours.

They had arrived at "my house" both ladies got out of the carriage, and Eloise waited for Sophie to take care of the horses.

- Are you going to tell me?

- If I give you three scenarios, two false and the real one?

- No, I'm not going to negotiate. It is one truth for another.

- Does other people know your secret?

- a tiny group, they are all my family but not all my family knows, yours?

- if I answer, I will say more than half.

-Your secret is smaller than mine, so it's not worth it.

Eloise left Sophie with the word in her mouth, and asked them to prepare a bath for her.
The fifth Bridgerton was relaxing on the bathtub, Her muscles released, and Sophie entered the room.

- Do you need something?

- Yes, please send a letter to Crane Mansion, let Sir Phillip know that I have arrived.

- right away.

Sophie went downstairs, and looked for paper and ink to write the letter, when she finished, she realized that there was no one to ask her to carry the message. The employees of the Bridgerton house had rested with the horses while they were in town and had already started on their way to return to London, so it was best that she carried the letter herself.

First she asked how to get there, it was close to the town, so Sophie regretted not having mentioned the detail to Eloise when they were there, it was easier to find an errand boy in the city, but started walking, so that it wouldn't be so dark when returned, she didn't want to get lost.

(...)

After almost an hour, she found the Crane mansion, the servants took a while to attend her at the door. The housekeeper made her follow, so that she would deliver the letter directly to Sir Phillip, she let the clerks tend to her tired horse.

- I'm sorry they kept you waiting, miss.

Sophie tried to prevent her from looking so surprised, because that man was very handsome, he had green eyes just like Benedict.

- Good evening, I'm sorry for the interruption, I'm Sophie, Miss Bridgerton's lady-in-waiting.

- When does her carriage arrive? - He asked excitedly.

- First thing tomorrow morning you can visit her, tonight she is tired from the trip.

- Are you telling me that she arrived today?

- this morning to be exact.

Phillip smiled widely, shaking his head.
That's my Eloise he thought to himself.
- I'll be there.

- Have a good night.

- Wait, miss, do you want to eat something before you come back?

- I would love to, but I would like to return as soon as possible, I almost couldn't find my way when there was still dawn light, and now I'm thinking about how I will get back.

- I can accompany you.

- It would not be wise, Benedict ensured you only had courtship visits at established times.

Phillip frowned.

- Are you telling me that Mr. Bridgerton is not at home? -He smiled widely.

Sophie looked at him earnestly, widening her body to look more threatening which was somewhat ridiculous because that man was twice her height.

- Sir Phillip, Mr. Bridgerton is not there, but I am, believe me, you would have liked it more if Benedict had been the chaperon, he is more flexible. If you excuses me.

Mr. Crane did not hide his laughter, that lady looked tender instead of threatening.

- Miss, I can't allow you to go alone, at least let one of my coachmen show you the way.

- I can accept that.

(...)

With the help of Sir Crane's coachman, she arrived at "my house" in less than forty minutes. Completely exhausted, she ate very quickly. checked on Eloise, who was still sleeping soundly. Sophie warned the lady that if Miss Bridgerton woke up before her, she would wake her up immediately.

She entered her room, that day had been too long, she had kissed her lover again, the kiss did not make him recognize her; He asked her to be his mistress, she was no longer a guest in the house. She had been hired as the lady-in-waiting of Miss Bridgerton, one of the most influential families in all of London, she had a beautiful dress, two more would be coming very soon.

And all Sophie Beckett cared to know was the secret that Eloise Bridgerton was hiding.

She couldn't sleep, finally went to Eloise bedroom.

- Eloise? - Sophie said with a low volume.

It was strange, the fifth Bridgerton make no sound.

Sophie felt something was off, she remove the blanket, there were only pillows on Eloise bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 4.2K 19
𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓲�...
88.1K 911 13
I just finished binge watching Bridgerton and I loved it! Colin and Penelope deserved more screen time and I just finished reading the 4th Bridgerton...
4.6K 109 4
If Season 3 was one episode. A.K.A. If people were honest and talked about their feelings.
31.3K 717 21
Penelope Featherington is in love with Colin Bridgerton and he's too stupid to realise. He was getting married & she didn't want to watch him grow ol...