Secrets In the Shadows (Syzyg...

By JanelleYurime

Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagi... More

Announcement
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 1

108 17 5
By JanelleYurime

Samantha's POV

"She's Here!!"

As I walked into the school hallway, a voice rang out. However, I paid no attention to the commotion as I was engrossed in texting my best friend, Avery. Avery and I have been close since our sophomore year, and we're always been together along with our friend Jessy. However, Jessy was nowhere to be found at the moment. She probably found some amusement with one of her toys, as she often does. She has a playful reputation.

"Where are you?!!" I asked Avery, feeling uneasy with all the attention focused on me. Being the center of everyone's gaze, I could discern a mixture of admiration, envy, lust, and... fear in their eyes.

Some people appeared to be afraid of me, reluctant to approach me, as if they believed that anyone who dared to mock or harm me would mysteriously vanish without a trace. There were rumors circulating, suggesting that I paid individuals to kidnap those who crossed me. However, the truth is that I don't have much money to spare, which is why I work long hours into the night. Others even went so far as to claim that I was some kind of monstrous creature, devouring human bodies. Hell I'm only eating pussycat.. kidding ^^

Hell I'm virgin since birth

My phone vibrated, indicating that there's a text message.

"I'm going to be late. Dad is scolding me againnnn." Avery texted back with an angry emoji, a mischievous smirk formed on my face as I entered our designated room and sat at the back, hoping not to gain too much attention as I often does.

We had a bit of fun last night at the bar where I work. I made her drink quite a lot, and she couldn't refuse as a punishment for what she had done to me during our last sleepover. We had watched some horror movies, and she thought it would be amusing to prank me by wearing a white curtain and scaring the living hell out of me. I swear, I nearly fainted from the shock.

Avery has a low tolerance for alcohol, and she tends to get quite wild when she's drunk. She's definitely going to regret it today. Uncle Tony will surely kick her ass.

Now guys, let me introduce you to my crazy best friends, Jessica, or Jessy for short. She's quite the playgirl, always having a new "toy" whenever we see her, whether it's a boy or a girl. I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually gets her comeuppance from one of her conquests.

On the other hand, Avery may seem sweet, but don't be fooled, she can be quite a handful too. She's a high per person and likes to party every chance she have as if she couldn't live without it. She's the group clown, she always makes us laugh with her jokes or try to make fun of us in a good way. Both of their families are known in our place because they're rich and has a lot of different businesses.

While I may consider myself an introverted individual who values solitude and inner peace, I am determined to achieve success in life. I dedicate my time to studying, as I believe it is crucial for securing a bright future. My aspirations include obtaining a fulfilling job and providing for my Auntie's needs, as she has graciously supported me throughout my journey.

Furthermore, I am grateful for my loyal Best friends who have always stood by my side, despite our differing backgrounds. Unlike them, who seem to possess everything they desire, I come from a more humble background. However, it is precisely these differences that make our friendship special, as I know I can always rely on them for support and comfort when I need it.

However, there are still suitors pursuing me, which is quite irritating because I am not currently interested in any romantic involvement. My main focus right now is my studies, as it is crucial for my future success. While others may engage in romantic relationships, I am committed to preserving my virginity for someone deserving of it. I prioritize my academic pursuits above all else.

Although I typically enjoy my alone time, I find myself more inclined to engage with others when they are present.

I get my notebook from my backpack and tried to read some notes for the upcoming lesson. Good thing is, there's only a few students here yet, that'll help me to concentrate much better. But unfortunately, as I flipped over my notes Avery burst through the door and completely ruined the tiniest peace that I have at the moment.

"I'm here bitch!!" she said as she flop herself beside me, I gave her a side smile and fix her disheveled hair out of her face.

"Did your dad kick your ass again?" I asked as I refocus my eyes on my notes. Hoping for at least one information to sink into my mind.

"Nuh he just almost kill me" she said boringly and litherly smack her head on the desk while breathing heavily, probably from the run she just did.

I couldn't contain the playful smile and snort that had escape from my throat as I got some amusement from her used of tone. But I immediately wipe it off of my face as she throw daggers at me.

"Shut it, I know this is what you wanted all along... you tricked me", Avery said with a groan as she rolled her eyes at me. Putting her chin on the desk with a frown on her pinkish face and a little pout that made her look like a kid who didn't get what she wanted.

I released a chuckle as I nudge her lightly from the side. "Of course not, I never think of it that way," I tried to convince her but she still had that same pout on her lips so I just let her be and continue to read my notes. Until Jessy came, along with the others that made the room more noisy than I wanted it to be.

"What's up guys?" she asked before sitting in front of our desk and putting her bag on the other seat as she prefer not to have seatmate. She must have sense something was up as she confusedly look repeatedly between Avery and me.

"She has her period going", I casually shrugged my shoulders as those who have heard what I said looked at me with somewhat disgust so I just simply raise my brow at them and they instantly looked away.

I feel myself being smacked on my right arm that made me hiss in pain with a grimace slowly forming on my face. "I don't, I'm just annoyed that dad needs to ban me from using my car for a while," Avery repeatedly smack her forehead on the table due to annoyance.

"So you take the cab" Jessy stated more than a question.

"Unfortunately I did, I would probably starting from now," Avery made a dramatic expression, it seems like she's visualizing her everyday routine going to school.

"Well I guess I'll be saving your ass then," Jessy said as she wink at Avery who gave her a wide eye then a squeal of joy for she wouldn't take the cab anymore.

"Hey I swear that was not what I plan it to be. I just made you drink free alcohol, that's not even a punishment was it?—

Our conversation was abruptly cut short by the entrance of our professor, who proceeded to commence his lecture on the subject of history.

"Good morning, class. Today, we will be delving into the fascinating world of mythical creatures that have been a part of human beliefs for thousands of years. It may seem quite extraordinary, but these creatures hold a significant place in our historical narratives," Professor Jeff announced, prompting murmurs and exchanges among our classmates.

"Raise your hand if you believe in the existence of vampires and werewolves," Professor Jeff suddenly posed this question, causing us all to be taken aback and exchange bewildered glances.

The room erupted with laughter as everyone processed the implications of his inquiry.

"Silence!" Professor shouted, effectively putting an end to the laughter and catching the attention of even Jess and Avery. As for me, I remained quiet, but a strange sensation stirred within me upon hearing his command. It felt peculiar, as if something had been triggered deep within me, causing my heart to warm. However, I quickly dismissed these feelings and refocused my attention on the lecture.

"As I was mentioning earlier, the existence of vampires and werewolves has been acknowledged throughout history. Now, I ask you all again: Do you believe in the existence of these mythical creatures?" Professor emphasized his words with a serious tone, urging us to contemplate the question seriously.

"I do"

"Yeah"

"Maybe they're the ones who are eating human bodies"

"Hey that's scary"

Everyone begun to make their assumptions and I just keep silent, not in the proper state as a mixture of thoughts enter my mind and a sudden change of feelings invaded me.

"Or maybe Miss Samantha here knows the answer," someone said that made my eyes widen.

"W-what?," I abruptly ask as bead of sweats starts to form on my temple.

"Hey moron shut your freaking mouth and put a scenter on that, it stinks" Avery said acting disgusted that made everyone laugh and the guy furrowed at her.

"Well isn't it mysterious that everyone who touched her got suddenly disappeared without a trace huh" he mocked and I just look down on my hands on my lap fidgeting it.

"Oh fuck off jerk... maybe you just scared them off with your ugly danky face" Jessy fired back and the class erupted with laughters again. I just smiled to myself because everytime there's someone who said bad things to me my best buddies are always there backing me up.

"Oh nonsense, why don't we just stop acting like a blind fools and face the truth that this girl is pretending—

"Could you please shut it Josh? You always likes to make a scene. Why don't you look at Samantha and say that again. Can't you see that she's just an innocent girl? She can't do anything like what's you've been accusing," someone speak up that made me divert my eyes on him.

What he said is cool and I appreciate it. But I kinda not like it at the same time due to his choice of words, as if he's making a statement of me being a fragile one.

"Looks can be deceiving Carl," Josh retorted as he folded his arms under his chest and give the Carl guy a challenging look. He seems to be quite confident, might be the influence of him being popular here in campus, everyone says his a great varsity player. But his attitude is quite shitty and a big turn off.

My hand formed into a fist. If only I could beat his ass, his probably in the infirmary by now. But it would be a shame if I did so. Aunt wouldn't be pleased if she finds out that I got into trouble. That's the only reason I've been refraining myself.

"Okay class that's enough you're occupying the time" Prof scold them that makes everyone quiet.

"I have an assignment for you all. Your task is to investigate the existence of these creatures and provide evidence to support your findings. Those who can prove their existence will be exempted from taking the final exam this semester," Professor announced, eliciting groans and complaints from the class.

"That's impossible, Professor!" someone protested.

"Think of it as an opportunity for empirical research. Even if you don't find concrete evidence, it's still a valuable learning experience. Remember, you will still have to take the test regardless," the professor responded before exiting the room.

Everyone starts to pack their things when they knew the scene was over and I did the same, securing my notes and other things in my backpack. Then I felt Avery nudging me, making me looked up at her. She was smiling widely and wiggling her eyebrows to a certain direction as if she's trying to point something.

"What?" I asked as I clung my bag on my shoulders.

"He's coming" she said in whisper-shout tone with a visible excitement in her voice. A little bit confused by what she said, I looked up to my right only to see a figure slowly making his way to our direction. It was the Carl guy..

"It's your chance.. get him" that was what Avery said before dashing out to follow Jessy.

And now Carl was already infront of me... too late for me to back away or make excuses, and it would be rude if I do so. But I already lost my interest the moment I laid my eyes on him, knowing the real intentions behind his actions. If they thought they could get me this way, they're absolutely wrong. I'm not someone they I assumed I am, I'm more than that. And someday I would make them realize what kind of girl they picked up on.

"Hi," he uttered with a charming smile, showing off his dimple. And making his blue eyes more brighter than it already was.

"Hi" I said awkwardly, regretting already that I'm in this kind of situation. I was not really the one for a talk. And I was kind of running late for my next class.

He chuckled so I look at him while rising one of my eyebrow. Does he think this is amusing? Hell this is annoying.. he is annoying.

"You're a shy girl huh" he said while beaming.

"Uhm I'm just not fond of speaking to strangers" that words just came out of my mouth that made my eyes widen a little.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude" I said immediately while looking down at the floor. Wow the floor is really interesting to stare at °•°

"You're cute so it's okay" he said while obviously smiling. This guy is really annoying.. I should have run after Avery lately.. that girl left me in trouble.

"Err thanks?" I just said not really interested to talk. His not good with girls I see. I just want to vomit with every words he's saying. Yeah I'm good at judging people in my mind. At least I know who's the villain. I'm not an easy prey.

"Let's eat together when you have time?" he said with hesitation laced in his voice as if he hinted that I'm not up for this stuff.

"Yeah sure when I have time" I said and he starts to walk away but before he get out of the door he winked at me. I can say that........... He's Really Not My Type.

"Of course he's not. You're mine"

I froze when I heard a soft voice whispered to my ear and I feel an electricity run down my spine and my back arched because of the sudden feeling, making me gasp.

What was that????

"Soooo, what happened did you get his number?" I got startled as Avery appeared beside me. I held my chest as I catch my breath.

"Geez Aves don't freaking do that again!!"
I exclaimed as I tried to calm myself down but she just laughed at me.

"Looks like you got hypnotized huh" Aves said with a teasing tone making me almost puke.

"Shut it Avery.. let's go" I said before walking out of the door and leaving her behind.

"Heyy waitt it's obvious that he likes you" she said enthusiastically making me grown internally.

"No he's just defending me because I don't really do such a thing" I said not bothering to look at her weirdo face.

"I swear Samantha he definitely likes you"

"He doesn't like me okay? He's just a nice person," I retorted as she keeps being insistent.

"And the sky's only blue when it's not cloudy"

"Whatever Avery Dwane"

"Oh why don't you care? It's a freaking big deal!!" she really shouted that thankfully there's not much students here.

"Yeah big deal for you," I rolled my eyes at her.

"He's just hitting on our Sammy" Jess said rolling her eyes as well.

"You don't know that" my other friend fired back obviously keeping her smile.

"Hell of course I know.. I wouldn't be known as a play girl if I don't have that antics" Jess said making an obvious statement.

"Nuh whatever.. Sam what do you think about him?" Avery still pester me with that Carl guy.

"Stop it Aves you know that I'm not interested with that staff. I just want to have a nice life with my Auntie" I said while we're walking down the hallway.

"Don't tell me you want to be an old cat" Avery said while laughing.

"Geez Aves I'm only 19.. besides you know that I'm not into guys" I said rolling my eyes for the second time.

Jess put her arms around my shoulder. "That's right Sam let me hook you up to a sweet little girl but if you like it in a much rough way I'll find you some wild pussy kitty" she said with a wink. I removed her arms around me.

"Geez stop it guys I'm not looking for that right now. Find me some nice job and that will satisfy me" I said while walking to my next schedule.

"Oh don't be like that little Sammy we're just teasing you" Avery said while pouting.

"Let's talk later, go to your classes now," I said with a hint of strictness in my voice.

"Aye aye Ma'am" they both said saluting. I just laughed at their antics and walk to my class. That two girls really know how to make me smile.

"I want to be your happiness too" someone whispered to my ear again that makes me froze on my spot. I looked around but I'm the only one here in the hallway. What the hell?... I just shook it off and starts to walk again. Maybe it's just my hallucination or something.

Weird

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 322 25
"Alina, please believe me that i haven't been messing with anyone. What do i have to do for you to understand how much i want to be with you?" Madiso...
3.2K 119 69
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...
93 5 15
(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you, a love returned full. ----- (Q.) How could a beast be loved by someone so kind and understanding? (A...
228K 9.1K 47
Her words still linger in my head My mind wanders off to thinking about her Her natural thick chocolate curls. Her Carmel skin. Her beautiful melan...