Hate To Love You ~ Guro Reiten

By m_writ3s

In which the English footballer falls for her Norwegian teammate who at first she never got along with... mad... More

Intro <3
Where It Started
Still Going...
First Match
Back To The Blues
Date? Or No Date?
Chelsea's Finest
Nothing New
Answers?
Christmas Din Dins
Birthday Plans
Surprise!
Boxing Day 'Banter'
A Quite Life
To What I Love
Twenty Seven
Clash Day
Night Out
Catch Up Then
Arnold Clark Cup
Second Times a Charm
Moving In
Media
FA WSL Cup
Before You Go
Finalissima
Hard Times
I Love You
Battle Between Red And Blue
Miss You
Take That
Four Time Champs
Goodbye For Now
Just The Start (wwc part1)

England

1.7K 30 1
By m_writ3s

It was currently international break so i was with my second family and we were having team bonding. We were all out at a restaurant sat at a super long table that fit everyone on.

I was so excited as we didn't get to to stuff like this much. Me and Keira sat opposite each other and we decided to share some Paella, a Spanish staple. We were catching up on everything. She told me that her and Lucy were doing amazing. I was so happy for her. 'You know Keira, i really think she's the one for you. Ive never heard you talk about anyone like that before' i said with a genuine smile.

"Awww Roo. I love you lots. Anyway enough of me, whats happening with Guro?" she said getting excited. I completely forgot to tell her about the recent events so this will be interesting.

"Well i forgot to tell you about these things but in a game i got tripped by a player from the opposition and she was like 'Ref come on that was dirty!' and 'that should've been a red not a yellow' and then after that she helped me up. But the weird thing is was that she became Little Miss Bitch Face again five seconds later." i explained putting on a voice to try and sound like her causing my best friend to laugh.

"Is there anything else?"

"Yes, most of the team went out clubbing and she was there. Anyway we left the club and went to this karaoke bar and i sang Gasolina obviously, but then again i was wasted so i have no clue how i sounded. But after that we got into another stupid argument and she said to me 'Why are you being such a bitch' so i said that she can't say anything because she has hated me for no reason and then i asked her why and she just walked off in a huff. Like hello? What is going on in her head." i ranted.

"Jeez, i'm so invested in this. Anymore?"she asked again and i hit her.

"You're supposed to be helping!"

"Sorry. Um have you ever thought back to what i said?"

"You say a lot of things, elaborate please."

"Haha very funny. When i said about her maybe liking you? Has she shown any signs of jealousy?"

"Ah i remember now. I mean when Erin asked me about going out with everyone, we were in the tunnel waiting for the start of the second half. And Erin said she'd give me a lift so me being me i kissed her on the cheek and i thought someone was staring at me so i turned around and saw Guro but before i could do anything she kind of stormed off."

"Oh my. You need to ask her out!"

I slapped her arm again "Keira Fae Walsh, i swear. Just because your in a relationship doesn't mean i have to be in one to. And plus who said i liked her back"

"Oh come on full name, really?"

"Yeah"

"I think you like her" she said super quietly.

"What did you say? I can't hear you" it was true the room was very noisy. All my teammates buried in their own conversations.

"I said that i think you like her"

"I still can't hear you!"

"I said that i think you like her!" she shouted. And of course everything went quiet and everyone heard her. Great.

"Like whoooo, Rena?" Georgia asked. She was sat next to me. My face burnt red.

"What, i don't like anyone!" right now i wished i was invisible.

"Well maybe you don't like her yet. But you'll get together soon i'm sure" Keira said making this so much better for me. I whacked her arm for the third time.

"Who's the lucky person" our captain Leah asked me.

"No-"

"Guro Reiten!" Keira beat me to it.

"Guro as in Norwegian and your Chelsea teammate Guro?" Leah asked.

"Yeah, i've been telling her this for ages!" my best friend said.

"Oooh, Roo has got herself a girlfriend" Georgia said nudging my arm. I just buried my head in my hands and everyone laughed. Lucky for me no more questions were asked by the others but i was sat questioning myself whether i liked Guro in anyway.

I got back into mine and Keira's room and laid on my bed. I decided to post on my Insta of where we went and what i got.

@renadesantos3's story,

I checked my phone after watching a film with my roommate. I had a message from Instagram so i clicked on it wondering who it was. It couldn't have been Keira because she was right next to me and would've just said it. To my surprise it was Guro and she was replying to my story, what does she want? I read what it said,
'Someone needs to take me to Spain one day 🙃🙃' .  How do i reply to that?

"KK?" i said my personal nickname for her.

"Hmm whats up"

"Um Guro replied to my story saying 'Someone needs to take me to Spain one day'.  She has never ever said anything like that to me. What do i say?"

"Oh my this is the perfect chance to try and flirt with her!"

"I swear i am not doing that"

"Just do it or ill do it for you"

"Ugh fine let me think of something" I started to type something out. Then i changed my mind, this happened over and over until i figured what to say. I wrote, 'Maybe if your nice to me i'll take you myself 🙃🙃' i sighed as that was the best thing i could think of.  "Sent" i said showing my phone to her.

"Wow, thats good coming from you"

"Hey, don't be mean!"

"Sorry not sorry"

That night i fell asleep trying to figure out whether i liked her or was starting to like her. I just hope i'm not throwing myself in the deep end here. I'm scared of falling in love with a teammate because i know how bad it can turn out.

Match day...

Today we had a friendly, but it was against Norway which was just brilliant. I wasn't really looking forward to it but i knew that i was starting so i was happy. We were in the same group as them in the Euros but as we had Ellen White, Jill Scott before they retired and Beth Mead Leah was injured we had lost 4 crucial players but i knew we had it in us for anything but a loss. We had a 4-3-3 formation and this was our lineup,

• E.Roebuck
•M.Le Tissier
•M.Bright
•A.Greenwood
•N.Charles
•R.De Santos
•K.Walsh
•L.James
•N.Parris
•R.Daly
•C.Kelly

I knew this game would be tough but we were tougher. The match starts at 7:00 and currently we were warming in the Pinatar Arena Football Centre where were playing. I kept seeing Guro looking at me but when ever we locked eye contact she'd look away immediately. Once we had done some shooting drills and passing we headed inside to stretch more and prepare our minds for the game. Eventually we had all our kit on and Sarina was giving us a pep talk. She was saying how we couldn't loose today, even if it was a friendly. We had just won the Euros so expectations were high for us. After that i had properly entered my match mindset. We filed into the tunnels and i started doing my usual knuckle and neck cracks. I knew who i was marking so i looked for them in the tunnel, it was no.2 Anja Sønstevold. She was a tough player so i knew i would be up for a challenge. We walked out the tunnel and stood in our lines, Norway sang their national anthem first and then we sung ours. Rach had the ball first and the whistle went and we started playing.

For the first section of the first half nothing major happened until the 33rd minute. I was running with the ball but couldn't get anywhere as i was getting ran at by the opposition so i passed to Chloe. She ran a little further and then passed yo Rachel who shot for the goal, and lucky for us it went in I ran up to both of them cheering and jumped on Rach's back. After our celebrations the last few minutes were pretty boring and nothing happened. The half time whistle went and we entered back into the changing rooms.

We changed our shirts and got ready to go back out and warm up a little. We talked about what we needed to do and sorted everything out. Then the second half started. Norway had a substitute and then shortly after we had 3; Zelem on for Walsh, Stanway on for James and Morgan on for Bright.

The game was playing pretty smoothly in our corner and we were doing well. Norway had another substitute and Frida Maanum came on and i knew she was good, from playing against her at Arsenal. Soon after we had a sub aswell, Greenwood off and Russo on. I got passed the ball by Lessi and i started running forward sweeping past some of Norway's players. Obviously that was until i fell straight down on the floor after being roughly tackled. It was no.2 Anja, the one i was marking. I turned around to sit on my arse and looked up at the ref arguing with the Norway and England teams. She then pulled out a yellow card for her as Sønstevold walked off in a huff. I got up and we had a free kick. I passed it forward to Georgia and she shot for the goal but missed. Soon i had the ball back at my feet but i then got pushed in the face really hard by an elbow or something. I fell to the ground from the impact and my nose started hurting really bad. I was on my knees facing the ground with my hands propping me up, i felt something immediately drip from my nose and saw quite a bit of blood. I waved my hand in the air and the medical team came over to check over me. I had to be walked over to the side line as i needed a change of shirts. Whilst i was getting changed the player that did it got another yellow as it was Anja, so it turned into a red and she got sent off. Norway also had another 2 substitutes. Once i was fully checked over and i had changed my shirt i came back on.

The next 10 minutes were not really in our favour, they got a corner. Vilde Bøe Risa took it for them, she got the ball and all the team huddled near and around the goal. I was walking myself back a little and nearly fell but someone held my balance. I was back standing properly and turned my head to see who it was. I didn't realise she was that close to me but it was Guro, our faces millimetres apart.

"Oh hello there" she said quietly whilst smirking.

"Shush" i said pushing one of her hands behind me. Vilde took the corner and it pelted towards us. Unfortunately Frida Maanum got to it and Ellie didn't get enough time to react so the ball slipped through the goal. I swore in frustration and went back to my position. Katie Robinson came on for Keets and that was the last substitute of the night. The 90 minutes finished and there were 5 minutes of extra time. I knew we'd have to push to get another goal but that didn't seem possible at the moment. But at least it wasn't a loss. The full time whistle went and the game finished 1-1. I went and hi-fived the Norway players. I went over to Ingrid and hugged her. We talked for a couple minutes until she had to go, so my feet went to find Guro automatically.

"Good game" i heard her voice from behind me.

"Yeah. Well played, love" i said as she blushed. I pulled her into a lingering hug. She was the first to pull away.

"Been a long time since we've played each other" she said sarcastically.

"Ha yeah it really has" i replied. We were in the same group at the Euros earlier this year. I heard someone shout something in Norwegian to Guro and i looked over then looked back to her.

"I've got to go, see you back at Chelsea?"

"Yep, see you soon" i said as she rubbed her hand over my arm whilst jogging away leaving me on the pitch sidelines.

Authors Note ~

Bit of a filler chapter here but i love it and it's my biggest one so far. My England shirt came todayyy im so happy. I got Georgia Stanway, i love her. Also England men's qualified for the Euros next year ahh!!!

~ M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 451 23
[๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡] ๐‰๐จรฃ๐จ ๐…รฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฑ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐š ๐‚๐ซ๐ฎ๐ณ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ก๐จ๐จ๐. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š ๐ฆ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
52.3K 561 26
one shots/imagines. requests are open! please leave any requests in the comments of the first chapter. i'll do my best to complete as many as i can...
30.9K 683 19
Random One Shots of WOSO players... Please feel free to leave any suggestions on my wall and I'll see what I can come up with x Also PLEASE tell me...
101K 947 54
y/n a completely normal girl, goes to visit her cousins in barcelona. her best friends obsession with a young futbol player, pablo gavi, leads them t...