Mysterious Ritual at the Haun...

By AmdzTora_123

[Warning English is not my first language] This is a one-shot story to participate in the contest or challeng... More

Mysterious Ritual at the Haunted Hill

6 2 0
By AmdzTora_123

••°°°°°°••

One dark night, Zyon and Sergio walked through a forest to Zyon's hometown. They talked happily about their childhood memories spent together in the village.

"It's been a long time since we played chase in the rice fields, huh Zy?" Sergio said with a laugh.

"Yes, Ser. What a lot of good memories we have." Zyon replied with a smile.

However, Zyon and Sergio suddenly fell silent when they saw a strange light in the distance among the trees. They became curious as to what was going on there.

"What is it, Zy?" asked Sergio in surprise.

"I don't know, Ser. But it feels like something is wrong. Let's check it out," said Zyon.

They continued on their way, following the strange light. Soon, they came to the edge of a notoriously haunted hill in the village. There, they saw a group of people in black robes gathered around a campfire.

Zyon and Sergio hid behind some bushes and listened to the conversation of the cloaked people. One of them recited incantations in a language they could not understand.

"We must galvanize our powers to awaken the spirits of our former leaders," said the person who seemed to be the ritual leader.

"Wow, it seems like they're doing strange rituals. We have to be careful, Zy," Sergio whispered.

"Yes, we must try to find out what they are doing and why they are doing it," said Zyon.

They tried to approach slowly and carefully so as not to get caught. Suddenly, Zyon felt a hand being squeezed by being stretched out of the bushes and was caught by the men in black robes. Sergio was also caught not long after.

"Are you stalking us?" the ritual leader asked in an eerie tone.

"We're not stalking, we're just villagers taking a walk in the forest," Zyon replied calmly.

"However, you have seen something you should not have seen. Now, you must join us in this ritual," the leader said as he forced Zyon and Sergio to wear black robes.

As the ritual intensified, Zyon and Sergio communicated through eye movements. They searched for a way to escape this terrifying situation. Amid the incantations, there was a loud earthquake, making everyone panic and confused.

"It's time we ran away, Ser!" whispered Zyon.

They fled the hill, leaving the ritual behind. The people in black robes were shocked and injured by the earthquake. One by one they staggered and tried to get back up. The earthquake disrupted the ritual they were performing.

"Stop the ritual!" shouted the ritual leader, trying to control the situation.

Meanwhile, Zyon and Sergio continued to run through the pitch-black forest. The rain that was falling added to the atmosphere.

"What was that earthquake...?" sighed Sergio.

"I don't know, Ser. But we have to inform the villagers about this incident immediately," said Zyon, breathing heavily.

Finally, they arrived at their hometown known as Greenbury Village. With firm steps, they walked to the house of the Village Chief, Mr. Christopher, to report what they had just witnessed.

Still breathing heavily, Zyon and Sergio bluntly told him what they thought of the ritual they saw last night.

"Sir, we saw a group of people on a haunted hill performing a mysterious ritual! They were reciting strange spells to awaken the spirit of their leader!" exclaimed Zyon.

"Hmm," murmured Mr. Christopher as he sat with his hands clutching the betel leaves on the table, "What's going on at the haunted hill? There have always been horror stories about that place."

"We almost became victims, sir! You must do something before it's too late!" pleaded Sergio with a worried face.

Mr. Christopher was silent for a moment as if thinking about what steps to take. Then he gave Zyon and Sergio a sharp look.

"Alright, we'll gather the villagers tomorrow morning. We must work together to solve this problem," he said firmly.

The next morning, the villagers gathered at the village hall to discuss Zyon and Sergio's report. Mr. Christopher explained what the two young men had said, and asked for the villagers' willingness to face the situation together.

An elderly villager known as the village shaman, Madam Docia, raised her voice.

"I've heard stories about that group. They call themselves the 'Wraith Shadows', a group that seeks to restore the village's glory through supernatural means. Unfortunately, their methods often lead to chaos," Madam Docia explained.

"Madam Docia, what should we do to stop them?" asked a woman in a hat.

"Zy, Ser, take me to that place," Madam Docia pleaded, "We must stop them before they damage our village even more."

Zyon and Sergio then drove Madam Docia to the haunted hill. Along the way, they explained what happened when they saw the mysterious ritual. Madam Docia listened seriously.

"Madam, what are we going to do there?" asked Zyon.

"We must confront them, especially if they intend to awaken something evil," replied Madam Docia.

"But there are only three of us, are we strong enough to face them?" asked Sergio worriedly.

"We will pray and rely on the forces of nature to protect us. Trust me, young man, good will always prevail," said Madam Docia.

After walking for some time, they arrived back at the haunted hill. This time, the black-robed group was not there. They tried to find their trail while talking about what to do next.

"Should we wait for them to come again, madam?" asked Zyon.

"Probably not a good way, Zy. We need to find them before they start another ritual," replied Madam Docia.

Sergio tried to investigate the surroundings and found an old book with writings that were difficult to read.

"Madam, is this their ritual book?" asked Sergio as he handed over the book.

Madam Docia accepted the book and studied it, "Yes, this is their ritual book. But some of the pages are missing. Strange, what exactly are they trying to do if this book is incomplete?"

While searching for the black-robed group, they noticed suspicious footprints. After following the trail, Zyon, Sergio, and Madam Docia found a hidden cave not far from the location of the mysterious ritual.

"Zy, Ser, follow me into this cave. But be careful," Madam Docia whispered.

Inside the cave, they found a large room filled with candles and ritual tools. Apparently, this is where the black-robed group was hiding waiting for the time to start the next ritual. Madam Docia, Zyon, and Sergio also hid and observed them from a distance.

"Wraith Shadows, we must continue our ritual. Nature has given us a sign. Our power is getting closer to perfection!" said the leader of the group.

Without waiting any longer, Madam Docia signaled Zyon and Sergio. They came out of hiding and prepared to face the black-robed group.

"Stop! You're ruining our village!" shouted Madam Docia sternly.

The black robes were shocked and immediately stared at Madam Docia, Zyon, and Sergio.

"Look, there are those who dare to confront us!" exclaimed their leader.

"You will regret interfering with our plans!" the leader added.

"Shouldn't you be the ones regretting ruining the peace of the village with your strange rituals?" retorted Madam Docia angrily. "We will not allow you to continue this action!"

The members of the black robe group began to become less scattered. They took up a fighting stance.

"Then let's fight them, Madam!" exclaimed Zyon excitedly.

"That's right, we must protect our village!" said Sergio.

A battle ensued in the cave, between the group of black robes and Madam Docia, Zyon, and Sergio. Although there were only three of them, they fought tenaciously and determinedly to protect their village. Madam Docia unleashed the power of nature to counter the spells of the black robe group members.

"It's useless for you to fight us, we are stronger and more numerous!" the black robe leader grinned.

"But we have unwavering faith and courage. A place like this is not worthy of your stay," Zyon said while fending off the attacks of the black robes.

Amid the battle, Madam Docia noticed one of the black-robed members carrying a map. The map depicted locations around Greenbury Village that had high mystical energy values.

"Pay attention, Zy! Look at the map that person is holding!" Madam Docia shouted.

Zyon immediately realized, "How devious! They are utilizing the energy in our village for their rituals!"

"We must seize the map so that they cannot continue their activities!" exclaimed Zyon.

Madam Docia, Zyon, and Sergio worked together to snatch the map from the hands of the black robe members. After a while, they managed to get the map.

"You won't be able to continue with your evil plans!" said Madam Docia as she gripped the map tightly.

The black robe leader began to panic as their plans fell apart.

"This isn't over yet! You'll regret it!" the leader shouted before signaling the group to retreat from the cave.

They returned to the village and reported the results of the fight to Mr. Christopher and the villagers. Madam Docia explained that the 'Wraith Shadows' group had used the village's mystical energy map to launch their rituals.

"It's a good thing we managed to capture the map, now they won't be able to continue with their plans," Sergio said with relief.

"Thank you, Madam Docia, Zyon, and Sergio. You have protected our village from a dark threat," said Mr. Christopher gratefully.

Since then, the village of Greenbury has been peaceful and free from the harassment of the black robes. Zyon, Sergio, and Madam Docia became the heroes of the village and were respected by the entire community.

Shortly after the incident, life in Greenbury Village returned to normal. Residents remained vigilant, not wanting a similar incident to happen again. However, just a few weeks later, suddenly one night, a strange event occurred that put the village in a tense atmosphere again.

A resident who had just returned from the rice fields saw a strange figure dressed in black robes, similar to the Wraith Shadows group, passing by the edge of the village.

"Whoa, shit! I'll tell Mr. Christopher and the others!" the villager exclaimed.

He quickly gathered the villagers in the village hall, including Zyon, Sergio, and Madam Docia. He explained what he had just witnessed. Worried faces returned to the residents of Greenbury Village.

"Sir, did the group of evil in return? What should we do?" asked one gentleman, worried.

Mr. Chirstopher thought for a moment, then decided to re-strategize with Zyon, Sergio, and Madam Docia.

"Maybe we need to investigate further. Zy and Ser, you should go back to the haunted hill and check what happened there. Madam Docia, the shaman's mother, please help us with her spiritual support," Mr. Christopher ordered.

That night, Zyon and Sergio along with some designated villagers set off for the haunted hill. They carried flashlights and walkie-talkies to get in touch with Mr. Christopher and the others in the village.

"Zy, do you think it has something to do with the group we fought back then?" asked Sergio curiously.

"I'm not sure, Ser. But, we should always be prepared for whatever happens next," replied Zyon, trying to encourage Sergio.

Arriving at the haunted hill, they divided their tasks and began to investigate the surroundings. Before long, one of the residents noticed a mysterious ring of fire on the other side of the hill.

"Look out! There's a fire over there!" the villager shouted.

Hearing the shout, they ran towards the source of the fire. When they arrived, they saw a black-robed figure, none other than the leader of the Wraith Shadows group, standing in the center of the fire circle laughing.

"You can't forget us, can you?" the leader joked. "You deserve this horror!"

Zyon and Sergio clenched their fists, ready to face the returning enemy.

"You think we're afraid of you? You're dead wrong!" exclaimed Zyon excitedly.

"What is your goal this time? What is your reason for bothering us again?" asked Sergio sternly.

The black robe leader laughed, "Because you took our map and ruined our previous plans. This time, we will take revenge!"

Zyon and Sergio looked at each other, and then they decided to fight with the black robe leader and protect their village.

"This fight will be your last!" shouted the leader of the black robes as he took out an enchanted heirloom.

In the village, Madam Docia suddenly sensed something odd and worrying.

"What's wrong, Madam?" asked Mr. Christopher, seeing Madam Docia looking troubled.

"I feel a strong negative aura. It's like an evil force is rising," Madam Docia replied seriously.

"Zy, Ser, what's going on out there?" asked Mr. Christopher over the walkie-talkie.

"We're dealing with the black cloak leader, sir! It looks like he has a different map, they have a new heirloom!" replied Zyon.

"Stop them immediately! You must protect our village!" exclaimed Mr. Christopher excitedly.

Zyon, Sergio, and the other villagers on patrol watched as the leader of the black robes waved his heirloom while casting a spell. Unbeknownst to them, the Wraith Shadows had reappeared, reinforcing their leader's ranks.

Now they tried to face the group members while fighting their leader. The battle was getting fierce. Suddenly, there was a rumbling and thundering sound from the sky. Madam Docia had called for help from the forces of nature to help Zyon, Sergio, and the citizens who were fighting.

"Overcast! Clouds, O nature, protect everyone from the dark forces!" shouted Madam Docia as she raised her hand, reminding everyone that the thunder and lightning from the sky were nature's help.

The black robe leader was instantly startled and ordered to flee immediately. "Let's retreat first before the forces of nature attack us! But this grudge isn't over yet!"

Hearing the order, Zyon and Sergio together launched a final attack on the group of black robes.

"This is a warning that you can't mess around in this place anymore!" Zyon shouted.

The group of black robes fled, defeated by the courage of Zyon, Sergio, the villagers, and the support of Madam Docia.

They returned to the village safely but remained vigilant. Greenbury Village felt safe again, at least for now.

"Thank you, Zy, Ser, Madam Docia, and the villagers for fighting against that evil group," said Mr. Christopher, proud of their achievement.

"It's okay, sir. It's our responsibility to protect this village," Zyon said.

The villagers gathered at the village hall and celebrated their success. Amid the celebration, Zyon called everyone's attention.

"Friends, we must remain vigilant and be prepared, in case they return one day," Zyon said seriously.

"That's right, Zyon. We must be stronger and work together to protect our village," said Mr. Christopher in support.

Madam Docia added, "The forces of nature are always here to protect us. However, the key to our success in facing threats is our togetherness and cohesiveness."

Sergio then stood up and stated, "Therefore, we must increase our vigilance and cohesiveness as citizens of Greenbury Village. Even when we are serving, we must be vigilant against outside interference."

The villagers nodded their heads, agreeing with Zyon, Sergio, Madam Docia, and Mr. Christopher's suggestion. Since then, they agreed to hold self-defense drills and guard shifts to prevent attacks by the black robes.

As time went on, the Greenbury Chameleon continued to live their days stronger and more resilient. Although there is no sign of a new threat, they do not remain silent and continue their activities to protect the village.

[THE END]

2466-word Wattpad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bite Me By alicia

Paranormal

10.3M 413K 37
Werewolves and vampires don't mix, or that's what Kieran Callisto, a seventeen-year-old vampire, has believed all his life - until he falls for the A...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
8.6K 263 21
𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 is the daughter of John Winchester, half-sister of Sam and Dean Winchester. Her mother remains unknown, mainly beca...