Until I saw you [Reader x Daz...

By Dragonette44

Transported into the realm of your favorite anime 'Bungo Stray Dogs' after a tragic accident, you discover th... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 : A new world
Chapter 2 : An awkward encounter
Chapter 3 : Pursuit and Discovery
Chapter 4 : An Unexpected Path
Chapter 5 : disclosures and decision
Chapter 6 : rest and memories
Chapter 7 : an ambiguous situation
Chapter 8 : New family
Chapter 9 : First day, First case
Chapter 10 : The flowers path
Chapter 11 : The test
Chapter 12 : Help and mystery
Chapter 13 : Reports and memories
Chapter 14 : Bet and rest
Chapter 15 : Meeting and recovery
Chapter 16 : Surprise and odd feeling
Chapter 18 : Kidnapping
Hidden chapter: It's Halloween!
Chapter 19 : Captured with an idiot
Chapter 20 : Escaping
Chapter 21 : Frustration and comfort
Hidden chapter 2 : Why you out of all people?

Chapter 17: Confrontation

383 12 1
By Dragonette44

"Too bad you're already leaving us.
Because once you enter, leaving is not as simple as it seems."

Your heart skipped a beat as the man's sinister words echoed in the night. Fear gripped you, and you turned quickly toward him, his figure illuminated by the dim lights of the amusement park. A horrible smile contorted his face as he began to peel off his disguise, revealing a new, menacing visage. The previous man was now a woman with long, flowing black hair, piercing blue eyes, and a sharp, confident demeanor. She was dressed in a fashionable suit with a big grand black coat that gave her an air of sophistication and elegance.

"My name is Evelynn Blackwood," she declared, her voice low and dangerous. The name hung in the air, lost in the wind, but her tone sent chills down your spine. "And let me announce, dear (Y/N), that by the order of our boss, you will have to come with us."

Panic surged within you as men emerged from the shadows, their menacing silhouettes closing in around you and Dazai. The world seemed to shrink, the cheerful atmosphere of the amusement park now a distant memory, replaced by an overwhelming sense of danger. You knew, from the familiar feeling too well that the sinister woman in front of you had in her possession one of the five objects, the power seemed to come from her coat. You felt you had to tell this information to Dazai, you then whispered in a low voice to him. "Dazai, I-"

You were cut off by his response, as if he knew already what you had to say and whispered back to you. "I know, she has one of those objects, right? Listen well (Y/N), above all, you must stay near me as much as possible no matter what. Can you do that for me?"

"Of course, but!-"

You were again cut off by Dazai, ever calm despite the pressure, stepping slightly in front of you, his eyes sharp and alert. Despite the dire situation, his voice remained steady. "I suggest you let us go. You don't want to underestimate the Armed Detective Agency."

Evelynn let out a chilling laugh, her comrades mirroring her sinister amusement. "Oh, we're well aware of your little agency. But our boss has plans for (Y/N), and we won't let anyone interfere."

A tense standoff ensued, the air crackling with tension as you and Dazai stood back-to-back, surrounded by shadowy figures.

Feeling the danger, you knew you had to finish this quickly. Without losing time, you activated your ability, summoning Jumper in front of you and Aurelion above you, the two of them ready for battle. The figures rushed quickly toward you as your creatures were summoned. Aurelion, in response to their attack, whipped the air with his tail, creating a gust of wind that forced the figures to step back. Jumper rushed with agility toward each of them, his claws ready to strike, as you and Dazai fought nearby. However, as you and your creatures reached the figures, you could only go through them, as if they were not real.

Evelynn's voice cut through the chaos in a mocking tone, catching your attention. "How is it, dear customers? Are my puppets to your taste? Such a shame you can't touch or harm any of them."

Seeing an opportunity to attack, Aurelion rushed toward Evelynn, his jaws open to bite her. However, as he neared her, Evelynn sneered. "But let me inform you that while you can't attack them, they can." She raised her dark coat into the air, letting a purple aura surround her. With a snap of her fingers, the shadow figures became more fierce, and a shield formed around her that Aurelion couldn't avoid due to his speed. He collided with it, letting out a roar of pain as he was pushed back and forced to retreat to your side.

But another voice could be heard, "Don't forget about me!", wich stopped Aurelion in his tracks as he hit the ground hard, raising a cloud of dust. 

As the dust settled, you saw that Aurelion managed to get back on his feet and was now locked in combat against a man with fiery red hair and eyes. He was well-built and fought barehanded against Aurelion. You noticed the same tattoo on his wrist that you had seen at the beginning when you entered the park. Moreover, a red aura surrounded him, indicating that he, too, possessed one of the five objects—the energy emanating from his necklace in the form of a flame around his neck.

"So now we have a woman manipulating shadows, and a man with enhanced physical abilities?" you thought, frustrated. "Can't they give us some space?"

"Ah, Leon, couldn't wait any longer, could you?" Evelynn's voice was filled with amusement.

Leon, still locked in combat against Aurelion, responded with a smirk. "Of course not! Patience has never been my strong suit. Waiting for the right moment? Please, I'd rather take the fun for myself!"

As the shadow puppets continued their relentless attacks, you managed to dodge most of their assaults. However, one of the shadow figures caught you off guard, landing a powerful punch on your stomach. The impact was so forceful that you couldn't help but cough, doubling over in pain and feeling your legs give way beneath you. Your vision blurred, and you began to wobble unsteadily.

Jumper, sensing your distress, rushed back to your side, growling menacingly at the figure who had attacked you. His eyes glowed with protective fury, ready to defend you at all costs. 

"(Y/N)!" Dazai's voice cut through the chaos, filled with concern and urgency. He sprinted toward you, managing to catch you in his arms just as your legs gave out beneath you.

Aurelion, seeing your condition, unleashed a powerful beam of electricity toward Leon. The blast temporarily blinded him, allowing Aurelion to reach you. However, realizing he had arrived too late, he roared in fury. Electric orbs crackled into existence around him, and with a swift motion, he sent them hurtling toward the puppets, Leon, and Evelynn. The orbs, filled with potent energy, could only pass through the shadows or be blocked. Leon, having regained his vision, rushed towards you.

Seeing the imminent threat, Aurelion roared again. This time, he conjured an electric shield, surrounding himself along with you, Dazai, and Jumper. The shield blocked the view from the exterior, successfully fending off the advancing shadows, as well as Leon's relentless attacks. However, you could see cracks beginning to appear on the shield's surface as the figures and Leon relentlessly struck it.

With each strike, the shield weakened, and you knew it wouldn't hold for long. The pressure was mounting, and you needed to find a way out of this dire situation before the shield shattered and left you vulnerable to the menacing onslaught.

Among the relentless assault, Leon exclaimed, his voice dripping with contempt. "How could she truly be the chosen one? She is incredibly weak, even a fly could do better!"

"I can assure you she is the one we are searching for. It was confirmed by Monty himself," Evelynn replied calmly, her confidence unwavering.

"By that freak? Seriously? If so, it means she's hiding her power very well," Leon sneered, his excitement palpable. "Ok then, I will have to push her to her limits to force her to reveal her true potential!" With determined fury, he increased the strength of his punches, causing the cracks in the shield to multiply.

Evelynn's voice cut through the chaos, a reminder laced with a threat. "Remember, we have to bring her back alive to our boss if you don't want your head to fly."

"Noted!" Leon grunted, his resolve unyielding.

Despite the pain, you regained your balance and your senses. Deep down, you knew that without a plan, you stood no chance against Leon and Evelynn. They were powerful, as strong as Monty himself. The only hope of winning would be to reunite with the agency's members. However, you couldn't rely on that now, as this nefarious organization always attacked you when you were alone with Dazai. Your mind raced, desperately searching for a way out of this deadly predicament.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?"

You turned your head to see the worried face of Dazai. "Yes... I'm okay," you said with a forced smile, still holding your stomach.

He took on a serious expression. "You don't seem okay, though." He then lifted up your shirt slightly to reveal the bruised area.

"W-what are you doing??" you said, trying in vain to put down his hand holding your shirt and the other trying to approach the wound. When it came in contact with your injured skin, you hissed from pain.

"As I thought, it was quite a big hit, but it seems you have nothing broken," he observed. He let go of your shirt and looked at you seriously. "I think you've already realized, (Y/N), but we are in a dire situation here. The shield won't last long, and it appears your summons are beginning to tire. I assume they will rely on your remaining energy, the little we managed to restore this week. We don't stand a chance against those guys without a plan, and our odds of beating them would be higher if we were with the others. We will have to return urgently to the agency if we don't want them to take you to their boss."

You nodded in agreement with his assessment. "I know, I think the same thing as you. However, we can't escape through the air on Aurelion. They could easily catch us and bring us down."

Time wasn't on your side, and you knew it. The cracks were multiplying, indicating that the shield could break at any moment. You thought and thought again about a solution, until an idea flashed in your mind. You then looked at Dazai, determination in your eyes. "I think I have a solution, but it will cost me a lot of energy."

Dazai looked at you intently. "What idea do you have?"

You met Dazai's gaze, confidence shining in your eyes, and explained your plan clearly to him. He nodded after listening to it. "I think we could try this, but are you sure about it? As you said, it will cost you a lot of energy," he inquired, his worry evident.

You smiled warmly, touched by his concern for you. "I'm sure, trust me. I've considered all the risks, and I can assure you that I will survive this. So don't worry."

"I will trust you, then," he said, his voice full of faith.

"Okay, so should I get to work?" you said, gently pulling away from his embrace, your mind focused on the task ahead.

________

Third pov

As Leon and Evelynn's shadow puppets continued their relentless assault, the shield's cracks showed that it would break at any moment. Leon, still brimming with energy, continued his attacks without a break, laughing confidently. "I wonder what they're scheming inside! If they think this poor barrier will stop me, they're too full of themselves!"

Evelynn cautioned, "Don't declare victory too soon, Leon. They could still surprise us."

"I hope they do! I didn't come here to do nothing!" Leon's determination burned bright, his eyes fixed on the shield that was barely holding against their onslaught.

Then, the shield broke, and to their anticipation, (Y/N) showed no fear. With unmatched confidence, she rushed toward Leon, Dazai, and Jumper by her sides, while Aurelion lashed a beam of electricity toward the shadows and Evelynn.

"Would you look at that! The flies decided to attack!" exclaimed Leon as he clashed with the trio that attacked with newfound determination.

"I hoped they came back with a new strategy, but it was just for this? What a disappointment," sneered Evelynn.

"I agree with you! Not that I mind it if I can fight!" added Leon, his excitement undiminished.

However, after a few minutes of intense combat, Evelynn sensed that something was off. "Wait, something is strange. My attacks doesn't even seem to reach the dragon up there," she said, her voice laced with frustration."

Leon, too, realized the peculiar situation. "Uh? You're right, since earlier, it's like I can't touch any of them."

Then, Evelynn, a master of manipulation and deceit, realised what was going on. "Leon, stop attacking," she ordered abruptly.

"Uh? Ok, if you say so," Leon replied, halting his assault in confusion.

Both Leon and Evelynn ceased their attacks, and their enemies rushed toward them. To their astonishment, the enemies passed through them as if they were mere specters.

"..."

"..."

"Nothing happened..." Leon muttered, bewildered.

Then, they noticed amidst the clouds where the figures had vanished, something strange. "Wait, what is that?" Leon inquired.

As the clouds dissipated, a group of white foxes appeared in their place. They, too, disappeared until only one remained, sitting calmly and fixing Leon and Evelynn with its sparkling yellow eyes.

"A fox?" Leon questioned, perplexed as he approached it.

As he reached out to touch it, the fox vanished in a blue light, leaving Evelynn and Leon bewildered as blue letters remained in air forming a sole word.

[Idiots.]

The situation proved to be too much for Evelynn to handle. "Damn it! They fooled us! Those... I swear I will find them!" She screamed in rage, making Leon sigh at her lost composure.

"You should calm down, Evelynn," Leon retorted nonchalantly, causing her to glare at him. In response, he shrugged. "It's not my problem, though. Let me remind you that you were sent on this mission, and it was your idea to wait for the right moment in this stupid park. I just tagged along for the fun, not to be involved in your failure." With a casual turn, he started to leave. "I will just go back to the quarters. You're on your own to explain your failure to the boss. Well then."

He leaped and disappeared into the night, leaving Evelynn looking at his departure with gritted teeth. "I won't stop at this failure. Next time, I will succeed." With those determined words, she too disappeared into the shadows, vanishing into the darkness of the night.

__________

(Y/N) pov

The night wind swept through your (h/c) hair as you and Dazai, riding on the back of a black panther, laughed, relieved that the plan had worked flawlessly. The panther expertly leaped from one rooftop to another, effortlessly maneuvering the city's skyline.

"I knew it would work! I wonder what face they made after discovering it was Mirage's illusions since the beginning, right after the shield broke and Aurelion launched his attack," you exclaimed in joy.

Dazai, holding onto you from behind so as not to touch the panther, chimed in, "I didn't know you could resort to a plan like this, (Y/N). I admit it was quite a good idea."

"Right?" you grinned. "And it's also thanks to Shade that we could escape without them noticing us." You patted the head of the running panther, which purred in response to your touch.

"True, who could have imagined you had a summon that could create illusions and another that could erase our presence and make us temporarily invisible? You're truly amazing," Dazai complimented.

You turned your head to look at Dazai, your eyes meeting his, and gave him a warm smile. "Thanks for the compliment."

"By the way, are you okay despite your injury? You said you used a lot of energy earlier. I don't want you to faint again," Dazai voiced his concern.

"You don't have to worry," you reassured him. "Against all odds, I didn't have to use as much as I thought. I'm thinking there's a good chance that Elyndor helped me with that. She knows me quite well after all."

_________

Elyndor's pov

"Don't get ahead of yourself too much, (Y/N)," I grumbled inwardly as I managed the energy she was using. "I knew you wouldn't listen to me, so I prepared a reserve of energy to use in advance. But it doesn't mean I will always be able to manage your problems."

__________

(Y/N) pov

"Don't make her too angry, though," Dazai warned. "We will soon reach the agency, but we should still stay wary. There could still be enemies nearby after you."

You nodded at his remark. "Yeah, let's speed up."

With that, you gave Shade a pat, urging him to accelerate his pace, which he did gladly. The cityscape blurred around you as you raced toward safety, glad that your plan had yorked well and you had a good meal that would await you at home.

However, some time later, in the dim moonlight, as Shade jumped mid-air, his paws were suddenly ensnared by what seemed to be shadowy jaws. With a powerful pull, he was dragged down, and you clung to his back, bracing for the fall. When you hit the ground, pain exploded throughout your body, your vision blurring from the blood streaming down your head. Despite the agony, you forced yourself to stand. Beside you, Dazai lay unconscious on the ground, a worrisome sight.

With tremendous effort, you looked up and saw Shade in a defensive stance, growling fiercely, ready to defend you. Against what, or more precisely, whom? You could distinct with your blurred vision two dark figures approaching you, their intentions menacingly clear. Instinct screamed at you to flee. They were after you, and you had no energy left for a direct confrontation.

As the figures drew nearer, the moonlight revealed their faces. Your heart sank as you recognized them instantly. "Seriously, how could my luck be so bad?" you mumbled under your breath as Chuuya and Akutagawa, from the Port Mafia, closed in on you.

Exhausted and desperate, you summoned the last ounce of your strength, propping yourself up on Shade. With a deep breath, you activated your ability. "Caring Rejuvenation!"

Surprisingly, your ability worked on Dazai, a fact that both surprised and relieved you. However, the price was steep; it drained your energy to dangerous levels. As the healing energy dissipated, you felt your body grow heavy. You teetered on the edge of collapse, but sheer determination kept you standing. Falling here was not an option, not after everything you had been through. Moreover, you were determined to have your meal tonight.

Shade, having recovered, growled more fiercely. Chuuya and Akutagawa were now in front of you.

"Would you look at that, it seems she didn't lose consciousness yet," Chuuya remarked, a smirk playing on his lips.

Akutagawa, his expression as cold as ever, sneered. "Pathetic. I expected more from someone who caught Dazai-san's eye."

Your eyes narrowed at his words. "I may be tired, but I won't let you take me without a fight," you retorted, your voice surprisingly steady despite your exhaustion.

Chuuya chuckled, a dangerous glint in his eyes. "Well, let's see how long you can keep up the act."

You glared at him, determination burning in your eyes. "Just try me."

_______________

Hey guys, I'm back (。・∀・)ノ゙

Sorry for the delay, it was difficult for me to find the occasion to write, but I hope you liked this chapter o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

And I thunk to publish an halloween chapter later for you guys so at the upcoming chapter !       ヾ(^▽^*)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 15.2K 37
"𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕡𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕪, 𝕀 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕪." ◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐ Y/n was reckless. As a high schoo...
221K 6.5K 73
Discarded by her family and friends, having blood staining her two hands after killings, getting hunted down by the Port Mafia. What could be more wo...
386K 15.8K 34
[First Book] Atsushi and Shiori are abandoned orphans who are living on the streets. They've gone a week without food and are about to die as a resul...
310K 11K 28
𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚊 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊...