Blurred | King of Hartz

By royalbree

Book two of King of Hartz Series The line between Professional and Pleasure is blurred after one steamy encou... More

Disclaimers !!!
2: Cheers to Opportunities
3: Shockers!
4: That Just Happened
5: Jealousy
6: What is it gonna play?
7: Memories

1: Instant Regret

775 43 38
By royalbree

𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘙𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯

           "Oh no no no.... Not today" I turned the key in the ignition again, only to be met a weird sound. I laid my head onto my wheel sighing. Out of all days, my car would decide to act up on me.

"Told you to get rid of that hunk of junk" Ennessey said. I had forgot she was still on the phone with me.

"You're not helping sis" I muttered as she let out another laugh.

"Look you're overstimulated, I need you to breathe and focus on today. You're starting your dream job." I took a deep breath like she said as I turned my key, finally hearing the engine roar to life.

"Thank god" I praised as I put my car into reverse.

"Lani it's time to get rid of that car, it's been through it" I stared at the interior of my 2009 Nissan Altima with a pout.

"I know it's just—" I sighed as I turned on my blinker, forgetting that the headlight was out. "It was my pops car"

This car has been eating up so much of my money with constantly fixing it. If it isn't the battery, it's the alternator, or it's the brake pads or the tires. Part of me just wasn't ready to let it go due to all the memories I had of it. I stared at the carving in the dashboard smiling. Not a day goes by that I miss him.

"I won't push you but I do think it's time to find something cheaper and reliable" it grew silent as I took the 3rd exit off the highway.

"So how does it feel to be a fiancé?" I asked changing the topic.

"Surreal" I started smiling. I was genuinely happy for my girl. Since middle school we always talked about our fairytale weddings. As I got older I realized that marriage wasn't possibly in this dating pool.

"All thanks to me" I joked causing her to smack her lips. "If I didn't nudge you to give him a chance and get out of your head, you could've missed an opportunity with an amazing guy."

"I guess.... but Saige was applying pressure from the get go and I was just ignoring all the green flags"

"The growth is amazing, makes my eyes water" I said as she laughed again.

"I can't stand you, but I just got to the office so we'll reconvene later"

"Alright bookie, love ya"

"Love you too, have a good day" once we said our goodbyes, rod wave started blasting in my blown out speakers. I quickly turned the volume down. Cece was right, it was time for a new car.

The ride to my new job was a shorter distance. I still couldn't believe I was actually working here officially. Job openings were very slim at Desioba, due to its status. I pulled into the lot for employees looking for somewhere to park.

If my car didn't start when it did, I was surely going to be late to my first day. I wanted to arrive early to make a good impression but with today's antics I made it with only two minutes to spare. I grabbed all of my stuff out the passenger seat before rushing inside the building.

"Welcome, are you here for orientation?" The receptionist asked with a smile. I nodded.

"Yes ma'am, Solani Raven" she shuffled through some folders before pulling out a big packet.

"Alright Ms.Raven. This includes your work badge, parking sticker, computer logins and codes. If you would follow me please" she passed me the packet as she started the walk. I took my work badge out and clipped it on my shirt as we reached a room that was filled with quite a few people.

"The director should be starting soon. Please help yourself to some breakfast and finding a seat"

"Thank you" once she walked off I made me a plate of some chicken minis and fruit. I wasn't expecting so many new hires. I looked around noticing they had tables for every department in their firm. I walked towards the corner where the fashion department was seeing one seat left. I scooted the chair out as I sat my bag on the table.

Everyone was mainly talking amongst themselves as I ate a few pieces off my plate. "Hey I'm Livian"

"Oh hi, Solani" I took her awaited hand as we shook. I couldn't help but look at how beautiful she was and her outfit was on point. I got introduced to a few other girls that was at the table but I was more drawn towards Livian and Gazelle.

"I've been eying your outfit since you walked in, where did you get it?" Zelle questioned. I started smiling as I wiped my hand on the napkin.

"I actually made it" they both had a shocked expression as they exchanged a glance.

"I love your style I wish I could say the same for a few at the table" Liv muttered as I let out a small laugh. I didn't want to say anything but I did noticed a few people sitting in the fashion department table had on some.... Interesting outfits.

"You know usually the ones who can't dress defiantly knows how to dress other people" they nodded in agreement. The met gala is a prime example of that. Most of them be looking a hot ass mess and then there are quite a few that impress me.

"Good morning everyone" we seized our talking as I looked up seeing the man himself standing there, Mr. Frank Dupree. Growing up watching his shows and seeing his black owned business grow, I had the hugest crush on him.

"I want to congratulate everyone who got selected to be apart of our team, please give yourself a round of applause" the whole room erupted in applause. I clapped louder since I was able to be here because of my bestfriend.

"Alright, so within each department we have a mandatory meeting on Mondays and Thursdays. Projects are assigned every other Monday during the meeting, Tuesdays we meet with clients and start the brainstorming process. Wednesday are usually hands on days and incorporating ideas into your tasks." He flips a couple pages as I keep note of everything he's saying.

"Thursday meetings are for checking in and getting updates from the department manager. Sometimes we'll assign small assignments depending on workflow for the month. Then at last my favorite day, Fridays. Now the last day of the week varies per department, but usually it's half a day" he clasped his hands together.

"We strive to be unique and creative, every single one of you was picked for your ability to be different but I will not tolerate anyone stealing other's ideas and discrediting them. Do we understand?" The firmness in his voice had me quickly mutter a yes. I glanced around wondering if that has happened before.

"Very well, your department manager will finish up with orientation and get you settled. It was nice to meet you all" the chatter kicked back up once he walked out of the room. I grab my belongings as we all hurdled up. A middle aged black man with a sleek suit and bifocals stood in front of us. He had an earpiece in his ear and a shiny ass Rolex on his wrist. 

"Hello team, I'm your department manager Mr.Peter Dunkin. Follow me towards the elevators, so I can get everyone settled into their new desks" we singled filed and followed as he continued talking about what to expect. Our new hires for the department was less than everyone else. It was a total of 8 of us, which made me wonder who we were replacing. Quite a few of them looked way older than me and most likely had a tons more experience.

"Me and Zelle thinking about getting a drink this weekend, you down?" Liz asked quietly. I smiled nodding.

"Oh girl I'm always down for a good time" she smiled as we quickly exchanged numbers before the day got busier.

❆ ❆ ❆

Since I started working a couple days ago, I've been constantly busy. It was mainly training for the new hires and learning the ropes of the business. They gave us Friday off so Thursday night I planned to go out with Zelle and Liv. I think I deserved a drink after this week.

I used my spare key and opened the front door to my Grandmother's house. I could hear the television on in the living room and the smell of a home cooked meal.

"I know that not you, Lani" I let out a chuckle. "I said to use that key for emergencies"

I walked into the kitchen seeing she was pulling a pan out of the oven. "This is an emergency"

"What you pregnant, oh lord" she grabbed her imaginary pearls for the dramatics.

"Grams, trust me you would know if I was. I came over cause I missed you" I took a seat in one of the bar stools as she checked my head for a fever.

"Lying is a sin, go 'head and tell me the real reason"

"Okay I may have came over to eat your food but—" I put my hand out as she started muttering a spew of words. "—we both know you not gonna eat all this by yourself"

"Maybe I'm cooking for my man" we both shared a glance before breaking out into a laughter.

"You didn't even like cooking for papa when he was alive" she started laughing as she swatted the spatula in the air. "He use to be pleading for you to throw down in the kitchen"

"So what ya' doing 'na" she asked as I smirked.

"Technically I ain't pleading, I'm helping you eat this delicious food" she shook her head as she grabbed a plate out of the cabinet. When I had decided to move to Arizona, my grandmother followed since it's just us left.

"Girl bye, you know I was gonna make you a plate anyway" I stuck my tongue out doing a little dance as she sat my plate in front of me. "Tell me how that job of yours is goin'"

"Oh it's wonderful, they definitely care about their employees more than that lame ass job I was at"

"Took you 'long enough to leave, I'm glad my cece looked out for ya'" I nodded in agreement as I took a bite of my jerk chicken.

"I'm actually meeting up with a few of my coworkers tomorrow night to hang out"

"Be careful, ya' know them females cause drama. Pick carefully who gets ya' time"

"I know grams, they seem like cool peoples" she gave me one more warning glance before seating down in the chair next to me.

"It's 'bout time for you to get ya' self out there"

"Excuse me but niggas ain't worth my time" she let out a laugh.

"Ain't that the truth" she got back up and poured me a glass of water. "But that doesn't imply to all of 'em"

"—what you young ones call it nowadays... a roster?" I chuckled.

"That's exactly what I have, I have no plans of being tied down"

"I guess I can't talk, I was a hoe back in a day" I covered my mouth as I started laughing. "I was surprised your papa wanted me after knowing my history of men"

"Grams" she started laughing.

"I saying this to say, have all the fun ya' want but eventually there will be a man that will change ya' perspective and make ya' want a relationship"

"The day that happens better be the day I win the lottery" she hit my shoulder cracking a smile.

"Come on, our stories got a new episode" I grabbed my plate and followed her to the living room where Tyler Perry's Oval was playing on the television. I can't lie her stories do be good.

❆ ❆ ❆

Thursday Night

This was my first time going to the Hive and might I say it was not what I was expecting. The line was wrapped around the corner and down the street since it was crazy popular. Livian pulled a few strings and was able to get us in without standing in line.

The inside was packed like sardines as the music was dang near blasting my eardrums. Which after a few drinks, I barely noticed the volume level.

"I'm so excited for us, we actually work for Desioba" Zelle cheered as we raised our shot glasses for the 5th time tonight... well I think.

"I'm so glad I met y'all girls, it's hard finding genuine people with life goals" Livian slurred as she swayed her hips to the music. "Excuse me can we get two more round of shots"

So much for Livian being the DD tonight. We were all pretty tore up meaning we would be ubering home. The bartender put the shots out as we all took them both and then rushed out on the dance floor. I barely remembered how many songs we danced to before we were back at the bar laughing at something or someone.

More shots got taken and then next thing you know they scurried off to dance some more. On the way back from the bathroom, I had bumped into someone way taller than me.

"Yo you good... Solani?" I squinted my eyes trying to make out who it was when I noticed no one other than Silas Hartz. I can't lie he was smelling and looking good right now.

"I'm fine, excuse me" I pushed past him but stopped to lean against the wall. "Actually these heels are killing me"

He drowned the rest of his drink in his cup before bending down to unclasp my heels. "I don't understand how y'all be walking on chopsticks"

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I grabbed ahold of his arm as I slipped the heels off my feet.

"What it look like" I rolled my eyes and proceeded to walk off. "Wait, can I buy you a drink?"

"Make it two" he smirked as we walked back towards the bar. I still couldn't spot where Zelle and Liv ran off too. I assumed they were still dancing amongst the sea of people.

"That dress you was wearing at the grand opening was fye as hell" I turned to glance back at him as the bartender started making our drinks.

"Must've liked what you seen" I joked but he just smiled and licked his bottom lip.

"I'll hold my comments" he thanked the guy as he slid my drink to me.

"You always say what's on your mind, what's stopping you now?"

"I don't need you adding more things on the lists of what you don't like about me" I rolled my eyes as he chuckled.

We kept casual conversation as we continued drinking. By now, I spotted the girls and they both were talking to some dudes in the crowd. I kept my focus off Silas cause every time he started laughing or licking his bottom lip I felt my thighs clench. Why am I attracted?

Same reason why I'm questioning why I started dancing on him when my song came on. The music was setting the mode as the lights changed once again to a more subtle color. I smelt an intoxicating fresh scent radiating off his body that vacated my nose. I couldn't help as I pushed my body more against his as his hands caressed my hips.

His lips touched the side of my ear as he kissed it gently. "When I saw you at the grand opening, all I could think is how good you would look with your dress pooled around your hips as I gave you back shots"

The liquid courage is something else I tell you. I turned around in his hands as we made eye contact. "We can make it a reality"

He looked at me through his low eyes with his bottom lip between his teeth. "Let's go then" I nodded as he took my hand. As we were walking out, I spotted the girls at the door about to leave without me. Weird. When I waved them down they put two thumbs up and continued their hushed conversation.

I couldn't believe I was about to go home with him after telling myself I would never give him a chance. Then part of me went back to what my grams said... have fun while I'm still young.

"You okay?" He questioned as grabbed his keys to unlock his door.

"Don't ruin the mood Hartz" I leaned up and pressed my lips on his as the door pushed open. Our lips fought hungrily against one another as I dropped my heels on the floor. My dress began to rise above my hips as he swoop me off the ground taking us to his bedroom I assume.

My attraction was growing stronger as I watched how effortlessly he pulled my panties off. He was being gentle with everything but rough at the same time that was turning me on. "I ain't gonna lie Solani, you beautiful as hell"

"I'll be even more beautiful once you're inside of me" I waved the condom in his face as he smirked. "Making faces that'll drive you crazy, don't you wanna see that Silas"

"Keep talking" he muttered as he leaned over me pressing kisses on my navel. He pushed two fingers inside as I bit my lip in anticipation. "Don't get mute now, you like to boss me around right"

"Mhmm, you can't handle all of me" I moaned seductively as he smirked. His fingers alone were driving me crazy so I could only imagine.

"Turn around and let's see then" he licked his fingers as he smacked my butt. I did as he said as he gripped my hips letting my dress pool around my stomach. I forgot the thin piece of fabric was still on my body. When I looked up I noticed the mirror in the corner of the room.

His hand grip my neck as the other pushed down on my back as he entered inside me without warning. "Keep your pretty eyes on me, watch me handle all of you"

"Oh..." this is really happening and I'm enjoying every second of it

___________________________________

Welcome back lovelies to book two!!

Thoughts??

Sorry for any mistakes. Comment, Vote, and Share!

~BR££

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 3.5K 24
Ennessey Brown is tired of putting up with the same kind of guys who don't want the same things in life as her. After many failed relationships, she...
578K 11.5K 60
Book 1 in The Life and Death Duet This is the story of a boy who didn't think he could ever love somebody and a girl who definitely didn't believe i...
189K 12.2K 50
Vision of Love Book 2 *read book 1 before this* You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I ca...
25.2K 711 33
new book, not connected to what is love series.