Thanatophobia (Jungkook × rea...

By Zzzzzloveyou

"You came to overcome your fears in a world full of them..... " More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII

XIII

13 2 0
By Zzzzzloveyou

^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^

Going to that gas station wasn't a bad idea after all. We could at least consume some snacks.

-"Don't need to thank me for getting us some food"

I said stubbornly.

-"You are the one who should be thankful I am always watching on your back, this criminals could have ended your innocence"

-"As if you weren't a criminal, plus I am not innocent"

-"I am the 'criminal' who almost lost his life to save your ass"

-"My ass is thankful don't worry"

I said sarcastically, right now we are having a polite argument.

After such a terrifying moment we go back to reality, walking till my lungs give up.

-"Where are we going? It's getting dark"

-"We are going there"

I managed to adjust my vision, there was a small town only some blocks away from us. Finally.

***

Jungkook knocked on the door several times but nobody came out.

-"There is maybe nobody in the house, or they should be sleeping... "

As I say the door opened slowly revealing a young pretty girl of around my age. Who is she?

-"Who is there?"

She sounds sleepy, I guess we woke her up.

-"Sunghe, it's me"

-"Jungkook?... Jeon Jungkook!! I can't believe it's you"

The smile on her face says it's been a while since they don't see each other. She hugged him warmly and this was my first time seeing such an affectionate and loving smile in Jungkook's face. Don't tell she is his....

-"Jungkook, I have missed you so much, I thought we wouldnt meet again, where have you been?"

-"Sunghe I am happy to see you too, sorry for not letting you hear anything from me, I promise I will explain everything, can we stay over tonight?"

-"Of course, you know this is your house"

The interior of the house was cute and tender, everything was well thought.

-"Here you are"

She gave us clean clothes and first aid kit.

-"You can go wash up and change into this, Jungkook you know I need to go to sleep since tomorrow I have to get up early, this is your house, you can sleep and the spair room"

-"It's ok Sunghe, thank you very much, go sleep tight, tomorrow in the morning we'll talk"

She bowed at us before going upstairs. She is so sweet.

Jungkook took his clothes and went to a door that was in the corridor near the living room.

-"I will go take a shower first"

***

I was craving for a hot bath like this, I put on the clothes she lent me, it smelled well.

I steped out of the bathroom and looked at the pictures on the wall, lots of soldiers in the photos. I saw Jungkook smiling next to another guy. Was he a soldier? Or maybe it's a picture of the mitary service. Yeah, that must be it.

I see she and Jungkook have a close relationship.

I went to the living room looking for Jungkook.

Just when I was gonna call out his name, I saw him there sitting in the arm of an armchair wearing a white pullover. His hands were covered in red wounds and cuts, the first aid kit was opened, he was trying to heal his wounds. Seeing him like that somehow hurts. I don't know why.

-"Let me help you"

I whispered a bit afraid of what his sudden reaction could be.

-"It's ok, I can do it myself"

He is as obstinate as a mule.

-"Don't be rude with your self, you will last an eternity there, let me help you"

I spoke softly so he wouldn't geg mad at me. I was gonna take the cloth he was holding but his ruthless reaction made freak out.

-"Get on your own business, nobody ask for your help! Sneak out of my sight"

My patience was crinckled under the incentive words of his mood, but I didn't move an inch. I know he hates me, but I can't see him suffer like that.

-"Are you deaf? Leave me alone"

My eyes trailed again to his back, the white pullover was now tinted with red, I know his back is bleeding since yesterday.

-"I am not going anywhere"

I murmured sure of my words.

-"What?!! Get out of here"

He stood up, for a moment I thought he was gonna kill me, but I am stronger than he thinks.

-"Take off your shirt"

I murmured again but this time with my eyes closed, I don't want him to see my teary eyes.

-"Are you insane?"

I couldn't hold the words in the tip of my tongue anymore, nor could my eyes hold the tear that was threatening to come out.

-"Yes!!! I am out of my mind!! I am not going anywhere before I make sure you are healed, so you better come down, sit there and shut your f*cking mouth if you don't want your friend to wake up because of my screaming!!"

I felt a tear roll down my cheeks and surprisingly his features eased when I finished talking.

He sat down as an obedient doggie. I took a bottle of water to clean the wounds and then applied some cream on them.

I then bandaged his arms. I lifted his pullover to do the same in the wound in his ribs.

I felt his predominant eyes on me. It makes me feel nervous.

-"I am done with the front part... now t-take off your shirt"

I stuttered somewhat. It sounded confusing.

-"I can't"

Don't tell me he'll start an argument again.

-"Stop being stubborn, it's just for... "

I was blabbering but he stopped me.

-"It hurts whenever I have to take it off and put it on again, I need to do it carefully so.. "

D-does he want me to help me take it off!!!???

-"I-I... "

-"You have to help me"

I coughed nervously, I am doing things that weren't in my wish list.

I carefully held his pullover and felt the tips of fingers touch his skin. I sparkling.

I pulled the clothes up revealing his bare chest, things that I should have added to my wish list.

The tattoo in his right arm was completely exposed. Thankfully I am still alive to see this... Ohh shut up!!!

I immediately diverted my eyes to the ground.

-"T-turn around... I-I need to see your back now"

When my eyes met the damaged skin in his back I felt like crying. It was bleeding everywhere. Unconsciously my finger caressed his skin while tears would water my cheeks unstoppably.

My sobs were the only noise in the house right now.

When I was doing treating the wound in his back, I had to tell him to turn around but I didn't want him to see me cry. I only stayed silent for a while.

He noticed that I wasn't touching his back anymore and decided to face me. I tried to hide my wet face but it was impossible.

-"What's the matter"

His mellow voice broke my heart even more. He stroke my jawline with his finger while looking at my eyes. But I am avoiding his.

-"I am ok"

Really girl?

-"Are you crying because of me?"

He dried some of the tears in my face with a sweet smile drawn on his lips, the same smile he showed to that girl.

-"I-I am not crying, really I am ok"

-"Don't cry, everything will be ok"

His words comforted my heart and his next little actions soothened my weak heart.

He took my shaking hands in his and kissed them while his finger rubbed them.

-"Thank you... for taking care of my wounds"

My heart stopped for a moment. I wasn't feeling good... I was starting to feel different. I felt my blood pressure increase in seconds. I have to stop this sensation before this ends wrong.

I retreated my hands and I think he noticed my pale face.

I am not completely sure but I bet he whispered a 'sorry'.... Why....

-"There is a spair room in the second floor to the right, go sleep, you look tired"

-"W-what about you"

-"I will sleep in the couch, go sleep now"

I would be denying him to sleep in a couch in his condition, but my recent state doesn't let me react at all.

I opened the door of the spair room and saw a gondola bed just in middle, bug enough for the two of us.... but my is getting dizzy.

I placed my hand on my beating hart and tried to control myself, thankfully I got out of his side on time.

'What's happening to me? Why is this phobia playing with me right now? Why is my heart beating so fast?'

-"What's the matter with me?"

Is it maybe because I am caring too much about someone else?

***

I couldn't keep my eyes closed. I don't feel secure. I am used to sleeping with someone else in the room watching on me. This loneliness doesn't do me any good. Midnight trouble.

'Is he sleeping already? Do his wounds hurt?'

Y/n stop thinking about him, close your eyes and fall asleep.

My head is a chaos.

I got up and opened the door carefully in order to not wake anyone up.

I walked down the staircase with an unpleasant ache in my chest.

I looked at his body full of excruciating anguish and calvary laying on the couch with silky mattress messily wrapped around his wounded torso.

I noticed he was laying in a position where his back wouldn't get hurt.

I stood for some minutes there and saw how he would change posture every second. Is he really asleep? I doubt it.

I knelt by the couch and saw the painful expression in his face.

-"Jungkook.... you can't fall asleep either, can you?"

I whispered and saw how his eyes opened slothfully.

-"Don't worry for me, go to sleep now, tomorrow will be a tiring day"

I won't be able to fall asleep since I am alone in that room, but I can't tell him that I am afraid to be alone either, that would be embarrassing. What a mess I am.

-"I won't go and leave you like this, if you can't sleep then I won't sleep either"

He sat in the couch carefully and looked at me with a smirk.

-"You are afraid to be alone, aren't you?"

How the hell does he know that? Who the hell is he? Why does he know me so well? I am gonna go crazy.

-"W-what? N-no, o-of course not"

-"Then go to the room and don't worry about me"

That mocking smirk in his crazy is driving me nuts.

-"Ok, I am going now"

I turned around and bounced back and forth. I put my right foot on the first step of the staircase and paused for a second. He was staring at me while grinning, He is enjoying this, isn't he?

-"You know what? I am going anywhere, I will stay here cause I want to"

Is he smiling right now?

-"Come here"

I walked to his side and sat down.

-"Lay in the couch and sleep"

-"What about you? You have to sleep as well"

-"I won't be able to since my body hurts, don't overthink and just fall asleep"

I won't let him not sleep. I once read a book about murderers, and I remember there was a guy and the girl... I know what to do.. I came up with an idea.

I leaned my head in the arm of the couch so that my midst body would be easy tu embrace and his arms wouldn't get hurt.

-"Come here"

I held his hand and made him get on me.

-"what are you doing? "

-"Just let it be for now and hug me to sleep, this way you won't hurt your wounds"

-"I am not... "

He was about to argue but I stopped him.

-"Let's not be enemies only for tonight, I will let you insult me as much as you want when the sun rises up, just hug me and fall asleep"

Surprisingly he let his body melt on mime. His bare chest was against my body. I need to stop thinking right now. He placed his head on my chest while his weight rested on me. He looks like a peaceful baby.

Unconsciously my fingers ran to his greasy hair, I stroke his head as if he was my little child. I know this will help him fall asleep faster.

My heart tangled up a bunch of feelings and emotions I never thought I've felt.

What's happening to me...

^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 18K 73
"I wish I had a heart, just so I can give it to you." Zombie AU
26.6K 931 39
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑙 𝑡𝑜 "𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒" ☺︎︎ 𝑎𝑛𝑥𝑖𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔! - "having you in my life was a detriment and i'm gla...
1.3K 76 31
I changed my life, my identity, my pass just so I can have a normal life. But your pass always catches up to you, now I have to deal with this all o...
160 28 11
I may sound insane but yeah, I wanted them to be terrified of me.