Her Beast

By HazelAshes

Happy and content with her life, Eva ran the pack along side her brother. He and their dad doted on her like... More

Chase
The prisoner
The fever
Nightmare
Threat
The attack
Awake
His POV
His POV (1)
His POV (2)
His POV (3)
His POV (4)
His POV (5)
His POV (6)
His POV (7)
His POV (8)
Her POV
Love
Expecting

Rejection

50 2 0
By HazelAshes

Together we walked towards our border to the meeting point Alex decided through the mind link with alpha Gonzalo. As an alpha he could talk directly to him through mind link. Alphas had this ability, they could telepath with other alpha's without requiring them to be their pack members. Even through great distances.

"Unless they block other alpha's link. Like he did ours." Dew added getting more angry by the seconds as we got closer. "He hurt us deeply and he's the cause of your nightmares." She frowned.

"Calm down Dew. Don't cause a scene there. We can't alert Alex or dad. They can't know that he's our mate or all hell will break loose." I reminded her and she calmed down slightly, still on edge.

I didn't want to face him at all or to relive horrible past events associated with him. I was afraid he would hurt Alex or our pack. What if he decides to attack our pack and murder my family. I shivered at that thought. Even just the thought of my family being hurt, hurts. He could do that in a whim. Given his reputation and he proved that through his actions right before my eyes.

Alex was wearing crisp black shirt with black jeans. His sleeves rolled up showing his muscular veiny forearms. I changed as well wearing black jeans and crème crop shirt. My hair sat straight on my back. They flew lightly as wind passed by.

We reached the clearing located a bit far from our pack, first thing I noticed was his battalion of warriors. I was immediately on high alert. My body tensed and my face went void of any emotion. Alex too clenched his jaw and fists. He instructed our warriors through mind link to be on high alert and ready for action if he makes a move. His back was facing us. His bulging muscles rolled with even the slightest movement. He was easily the size of three muscular build combined. He towered over his warriors like a giant. He stood tall his arms crossed making his tough hard muscles double in mass. He wore a black tee, which hardly fit him due to his gigantic form, paired with black pants. Danger and power radiated off him in waves.

I can't deny I felt attraction towards him. He was my mate and I was supposed to feel attracted. My jaw clenched when I remembered his rejection, feeling a pang of pain in my heart. I gritted my teeth. Suddenly his muscles tensed and he whipped around, his eyes met mine. But I quickly looked away. I noticed from the corner of my eye that he quickly scanned my body. I frowned. He kept a straight face. Thankfully Alex didn't notice this. His face was hard and his fists clenched. His sleeves were rolled up. His muscles were tensed and I could see their bulging form right through his shirt. He stood tall easily the size of three of me combined. Power and authority oozed out of him. Intimidating everyone in his presence. He mind linked the alpha whose eyes were now fixed on Alex's. They had a telepathic communication. It all happened in seconds. I waited till they finished.

Suddenly a strong pain hit my chest. And I visibly tensed clenching my jaw, I gritted my teeth. Quickly I concentrated on my now short breath, trying to distract my mind. My breath came out in short pants and I momentarily closed my eyes. Alex noticed this and asked me what was wrong through the mind link. I just shook my head and kept my stance, and head held high. Alex put a hand on my waist silently supporting my body and rubbing soothing circles. Throughout the corner of my eyes, I noticed my mates eyes on me. His jaw clenched, his eyes hard. It look as though he wanted to step towards me. The pain subsided in the next few second. Suddenly he spun around and made way towards the woods speechlessly. He stopped halfway, his head tilted towards my direction slightly. And he resumed. His warriors made a move towards us. I quickly stood in a defensive position. Alex rubbed my arm and explained to me.

"it's ok dewdrop. They will be patrolling our borders. Alpha Gonzalo wanted to offer his warriors. He captured a rogue lurking around his borders and seeking we were attacked just a few days ago, he offered help. Saying it seemed that our pack was their target." He gently explained to me through our mind link.

What did he mean by that? Did Alpha Gonzalo knew more about the rogues who attacked us? What did he find out?

"And what did he do to the hunter?" I asked.

"He was quiet on that." Alex said with a frown. I nodded.

The Black Shadow pack warriors instantly took their positions and started their duties without a lack. I was slightly impressed.

"let's go baby bee. Dad is waiting for us." Alex caught my attention. And we made way towards the pack house.

Dad had just finished with the meeting and was patiently waiting for our return. He met us halfway. Dad immediately took me in his strong arms asking me over and over again if I was alright. I kissed his cheek and reassured him with a smile. Alex explained what happened. And after that we went to have dinner at our house.

After dinner I cuddled with dad on the couch watching Netflix. I felt extremely drained for some unknown reason after that meeting with mate. I can feel tremors of pain shooting through my chest every now and then.

"Why do we feel like this? Nothing like this has ever happened before." I thought out to Dew. She just lazily looked at me. She gave a tired yawn and curled up in a ball I gave her a worried look.

Dad ran his fingers through my hair hugging me close to his warm chest. He gave me loving kisses on my head tucking it under his chin. I did let any sign of my state show, else he would have been worried. I inhaled his scent and calmed down. I dozed off in his lap.

I woke up when I felt dad's phone ringing. He cursed and quickly shut it up.

"sorry sweet pie." He kissed me thousand times apologizing.

"it's aright dad. I'm up. I need to check on the border patrol anyway." I smiled up at him with reassuring eyes.

He kissed my temple and mumbled something under who dared disturb my princess's nap and angrily took out his phone and redialed the number. He went out to call. I could hear him yelling profanities even from here. I just shook my head chuckling. I made way to my room. Entering, I stopped in my tracks, there was another rose on my bed. Huh. He/ she is quite persistent. I thought out. Putting the rose in the vase. I took a quick shower and changed into deep blue jeans and black top. I let my dark locks fall naturally on my shoulders. They would air dry on the way. I made way to the borders.

The new pack's members were quite efficient. I also noticed they were trained and taught unique tacts. I patrolled the borders for 2 hours. I thought to cheer up Dew and decided to go on a run. She immediately perked up. I chuckled at her reaction. I went away from our border and stripped. Changing into my wolf I handed her control. She wanted to run outside the pack.

Moon shone brightest tonight. Stars twinkled bright pulling me under their spell. I sighed and closed my eyes giving in to the serenity. Dew let out a loud howl and happily skipped over a log, jumping high in the air and landing powerfully on her paws. She sped up further. She ran until her pointed ears heard the sound of water. She found a stream and drank from it. Realizing something, her head shot up.

"why don't we pay our mate a visit? We also need to ask him about the attack and see what else he found out?" She thoughtfully laid out to me

I looked around and noticed we were near the border of Black Shadow Pack. Feared by all of our entire race.

"That's a bad idea Dew. He'll kill us if he found out we sneaked into his pack." I raised an eyebrow when she made a move towards his borders. I sighed and gave in to her.

She easily passed the border patrol sneakily without being noticed. She made way where his scent was strongest and found him sparring with who I sensed to be his beta. He easily overpowered him even when he was going easy on him. Dew watched him spar for a while from a safe distance without getting detected. I took control from her in order to shift. I found a spare tee and threw it on. It was huge on me and reached my mid thighs. Just when I made a move towards him to talk. I noticed a blond and a 5 year old kid making way towards him. I halted in my steps. I watched with disbelief as the blond put her hand on his back lovingly. A searing pain shot right through my heart. It felt someone's ripped my heart and pierced it with thousand pieces of broken glass and put it back at its place. She looked at him with love and longing in her eyes. The boy smiled up at him. Dew watched everything unfold right before her eyes. She was in denial and watched with disbelief. She couldn't believe he would do this to us. Coming to her senses and realizing the truth she let out a painful howl laces with hurt and sorrow. I staggered back with the intensity. I quickly looked away.

So that's why he wouldn't even look at us. He had his happy family and clearly didn't need me. Another shot of toe curling pain went through my whole body leaving me breathless.

"That's why he rejected us." I whispered to dew clenching my eyes shut. "Why did we even come here. He didn't need us. He was perfectly happy with his own family. "I spat angry at what he made us go through. Especially Dew. She was in a lot of pain writhing and curling in agony. I need to get us out of here.

With newfound strength. I pushed my own pain down, ignoring it. Just as I spun around to sprint for the border. His eyes met mine and they hardened. In a flash he was right in front of me. He stood a distance away.

"you're hurt" Deep voice resonated around the whole forest. He frowned.

I laughed humorlessly. How Ironic. The first thing he ever speaks to me is pretending to care about me while he himself is the cause. My eyes caught sight of the blonde who smirked at me. His eyes flashed towards her and realization crossed his features.

Right then, a bile rose in my throat and I spat out blood on the ground. Blood. Oh No. Not now. I took deep breaths trying to control my up coming panic attack. A slight movement caught my eye. It looked like he wanted to step towards me. But he stopped himself and clenched his fists drawing out drops of blood. I inhaled sharply.

Suddenly I stood up straightening my back. I pushed down any emotion I was feeling. My face wiped off of any trace of emotion refusing to show the effect his action had caused. I gave him the coldest glare. My jaw clenched, my fists shook with the intensity of Pure rage and hatred that coursed though my body. I took a step towards him. His eyes widened but I was faster. In a flash, I slammed his body on the tree. My alpha power coursing through every pore. My eyes flashed yellow.

"Why didn't you just reject me properly from the start?" I asked him. My voice dangerously low.

I gritted my teeth. He stood frozen at the spot.

"I, Eva Stone of Midnight Pack, reject you Alpha Gonzalo of Black Shadow Pack, as my mate." I gave him a look of disgust and full of hatred ignoring heart piercing pain that shot through me.

Without waiting for his reaction, I spun on my heels and sprinted in the direction of the border.

"To hell with him." Dew agreed with me. Pure rage and hatred taking over her previous emotions.

I jumped and shifted in mid air breaking in a full sprint. She let out a heart piercing howl pouring every single emotion she was feeling into it. Rage being the overpowering, I also detected pain and sorrow underlying beneath. I felt wildlife's sadness through my bond with the nature. They mourned. A tear slipped my eye. I angrily shook it away. I had crossed the border a while ago and was now on my way towards home.

My paws staggered a little with the sudden pain that hit me full force. But i desperately pushed through, speeding up further to get far away from him as fast as possible. I heard a thunderous growl from behind me. He hadn't crossed his border yet and I could feel his rage even from miles away. If he catch up to me, he would tear me apart. With that fear, I pushed my trembling legs further, tapping into my alpha powers. Dew took control and with her powers added we were passing the trees like wind.

She was almost near the border of our pack when she was hit with a tranquilizer, she skidded to a stop. Her eyesight blurred. She quickly looked round and found the source. A hunter was aiming at her again. She spotted six to eight rogues advancing towards her. She let out an earth shaking growl, ragging she jumped at the nearest one. Whatever was in the dart was slowly seeping into her bones. Marking her dizzy. She growled when two of the rogues clawed at her back at the same time. She spun around and threw one off of her, his body slammed on the nearby tree. She shook the other one off who was relatively weaker than him. Sensing the dart taking its effect gradually, the bigger one launched his silver covered paws at her. She growled and lunged at him. He dodged and swept to the side. Dew landed on the ground and panted. I took control.

I pushed through the haze of pain and made a move to stand on my legs. I was hit with two more of the tranquilizers, one on the side of my neck and one on my back. I fell to the ground with a thud. My eyesight blurred and through haze, I heard the hunter.

"Remember, we need her alive." He glared at the rogue who attacked me and was now snarling.

I bared my teeth at him trying to stand up. My legs weighed a ton of bricks. My body felt it was on fire. Silver and dart taking its toll on me. I felt dizziness wash over me and I tried to shake my head. Halfway while trying to stand up, my legs gave up on me. The ground waved before my eyes and I fell myself falling with a thud. Trying my best to keep my eyes open through the haze and tiredness which was pulling me under with a death grip by each passing second. I saw rogues circling me. My body felt numb, all the voices fading away. I looked up through my haze and saw hunter bending over me. His lips moved but I couldn't make out what he was saying. Right before the darkness took over me I felt a tug on my link with Dad and Alex. But due to silver, which now seeped deep within my bones, I couldn't reach out to them. A tear slipped from my eyes and I closed them. With them as the last thought on my mind, I gave into the darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2K 40
She is cold and ruthless She is a monster a killer She has secrets Her own betrayed her Her own broke her She need to love a second chance When...
10.1M 350K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
202K 5.9K 42
"Bold of you to assume you're worthy enough to occupy my thoughts." _______ Ciane has always been an outcast in her pack. With both her parents dead...
1.6K 235 21
"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not make me hooked to you." _____ Summer Bella...