person || calum hood

By perkycalum

"sometimes you can't explain what you see in a person. it's just the way they take you to a place where no on... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[6]
[7]
[9]

[10]

12 0 0
By perkycalum

P E R S O N

chapter ten || it's complicated.

laila's pov:

He kissed me and now he won't talk to me. Calum was sitting across from Luke and I at the lunch table. He didn't look at me all day.

Last night was so awkward. I don't regret anything though. I mean, he kissed me so he obviously wanted to. Or else he would have pulled away.

Luke and Natalie were basically making out in front of me which was starting to get annoying. I mean can't they do that somewhere else? He was literally eating her face. Luke bumped into me and Calum chuckled softly. Finally his eyes met mine.

He looked away slowly but not before smirking. He took a sip of his water and began scrolling down his phone.

"Luke," Calum spoke up sharply, "Go do that somewhere else. You are both annoying."

I managed to laugh. Natalie gave Calum a dirty look before snatching her bag. She got up quickly, sighing loudly. She stormed off and Luke stood up, giving Calum an eye roll.

"Stop it! Why don't you just support our relationship?" Luke roared, slamming his fists on the table. Luckily, no one was in the cafeteria since we were skipping.

"Support you guys making out every five seconds in front of Laila and I? You're delusional," He snapped back, furrowing his eyebrows at him.

Luke scoffed before following after Natalie. Calum muttered something under his breath. Now it was just the two of us.

We didn't talk for a while. He wasn't wearing a beanie today which made him look extremely good. His fluffy hair looked so soft, and the bright blonde hair was fading.

He bit on his bottom lip every few minutes, and his eyes would flicker up to meet mine. He parted his lips every few minutes as if he were going to talk. He kept tapping his screen. I wanted to ask him about last night, but I was afraid.

"I can't date you," He sighed, laying his phone flat on the table. He sat a bit straighter, and his arms were folded against his chest.

I snapped, "I never asked you to."

"I know. But I know how you girls think. A little small kiss, and all of a sudden I'm your boyfriend. I'm just letting you know," Calum shrugged. Instantly, my face had no emotion.

"Obviously that's what you think. Girls are not that stupid. At least I'm not," I scoffed, my lips turning into a thin line.

"I don't do the whole boyfriend girlfriend thing. It's too complicated," Calum continued, giggling like a little boy. He was obviously oblivious to the fact that I was mad.

"I wouldn't want you to be my boyfriend," I scoffed, rolling my green orbs. This caused Calum's smile to turn into a frown.

"Laila, look don't be mad. I just - I don't want to lead you on," He stumbled, trying his best to get me to look at him.

"You didn't. I think I'm going to go home. I'll see you tomorrow or something, I need to get out of here," I said calmly. I wanted to fall down and cry. He literally rejected me.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked, standing up.

I rolled my eyes once more, "I think I'll walk actually."

"Walk?" he chuckled, "you live fifteen minutes away by car. I can't imagine walking."

I ignored him, and began walking away. I could hear his footsteps right behind me. He wasn't going to let me leave. He grabbed my wrist gently, which made me turn around.

"Calum! I said I'll walk," I shouted, trying my best to get out of his grip.

"Laila, let me drive you home. I don't want you walking," he said softly. He was hovering over me.

Was he really acting like he did nothing wrong?

"I'll take a taxi then. Just leave me alone," I mumbled, walking out of the exit doors. And finally, a tear escaped.

Once I made it home, I plopped on my bed. I was on the phone with Kelsey for a while, and she agreed that Calum was an asshole. Of course. She made me feel a little bit better.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a green tank top. I washed my face quickly, and then tossed my hair into a messy bun. I couldn't stop thinking of Calum. It seemed like he really liked me. Maybe he did lead me on.

I felt my phone buzz.

From: Calum

I'M SORRY!

From: Calum

I didn't mean it like that Laila..

From: Calum

I like you, for the record. A lot. Please answer love x

I couldn't help but smile. But then again, he wasn't making any sense. If he liked me, why would he say that? Why wouldn't he want to be my boyfriend?

From: Laila

go away, you loser.

________________

"He's still staring," Kelsey whispered to me, her eyebrows raised. I groaned, covering my face with my hands.

"Why can't he just leave me alone?" I demanded. She shrugged, and I glanced in his direction.

Calum was leaned against the tree farthest from the school. His eyes were centered on only me, and I could see how brown they were even from here.

He made it clear he wanted nothing more from that kiss, but now he wanted something? He confused me. No matter how he looked at me, I wasn't going to give in. I couldn't. It was better this way.

"Maybe you should-"

"Stop," I said, cutting her off. She rolled her eyes, getting to her feet, "Where are you going?"

"To talk to Calum," I watched her walk towards him where they had a heated conversation.

Kelsey gestured towards me several times, but Calum repeatedly shook his head. Eventually she gave him a brisk hug, a glance towards me, and then she disappeared. And now I was pissed.

I got to my feet, adjusting my sun dress, and made my way towards him. I was obviously annoyed, and Calum just leaned against the tree, watching me storm towards him.

"Hi," he said as I came within ear shot. I crossed my arms, staring up at him, he's so tall. I loved it.

"You need to stop," I said crossly.

He smiled pleasantly, "Stop what?"

"You know what I'm talking about," I said coldly.

"What Laila," he looked me up and down, biting his lip.

"Stop!" I said again, my cheeks warming with annoyance and anger.

"Stop what?" He asked again, raising his eyebrows and smirking.

"Stop looking at me!" I exploded, throwing my hands up in the air, "You made it clear you don't want a relationship with me."

"I'm not going to stop looking at you," Calum retorted.

"You're the one who said you wouldn't date me," I said lowly.

"Doesn't mean I can't look at you."

I huffed, glaring at him. He was being completely ridiculous.

"Calum, you need to stop. You don't know what you want," I dropped my gaze.

"I know what I want Laila. You can't even stand to look me in the eyes when you talk to me? Can't even bother to be friends at least? I didn't realize I disgusted you that much," Calum snapped, his eyes turning dark.

"I never said you disgusted me!" I cried, not believing that those words were coming out of his mouth. Disgust was the last thing on my mind when it came to Calum.

"Then I really don't understand why you are so pissed off!" He was yelling now, but luckily no one was within hearing distance.

I ran my fingers through my hair, miserable, confused and slightly hurt. I wasn't sure how we got into this situation. Maybe I was overreacting.

"You don't tell a girl that," I mumbled, "You don't kiss a girl, and then say that."

"Then what do you want me to do," he replied heatedly.

"You don't do anything. Just leave it," I snapped, rolling my eyes at him.

His words were literally perfect. Almost poetic. I mean he is a poet, so that works for him. He made me blush and I knew he saw it.

He leaned forward so that our foreheads touched. I couldn't function when he was this close to me. He kept one hand holding my wrists, and the other gripped my hips. I stared up at him, already feeling myself caving.

"You like me Laila. I know you do," he said softly. I swallowed, trying to move away from him to create some distance, because it felt too close.

"Says who," I told him, continuing to try and wriggle out of his grip. Calum whirled me around, pressing my back against the tree.

He cupped my face with one hand, leaving the other on my hip. He forced me to make eye contact, making sure I couldn't escape this moment in any way.

"I say," he said firmly.

"You make no sense Calum," I rolled my eyes.

"Laila, listen to me," he demanded, as if I had a choice, "I went to a party last night, and there were girls. A lot of girls, and they were coming on to me. I pushed everyone away because they weren't you, which really confused me."

"Oh! That's too bad. Poor Calum didn't get laid last night," I yelled, surprising him, "You're pathetic. A pathetic poet. Your words mean nothing to me."

Of course I was lying. Anything that came out of his mouth made me want to crumble and kiss him. His thumb brushed across my skin lightly, causing a shiver to run down my back.

His hurt expression vanished, and I didn't like the soft understanding look that replaced it almost immediately after saying that. He sighed, "Laila, I'm scared."

I scoffed, "Scared of what?"

"I'm scared of the way you make me feel. Because, I don't want to feel anything," His voice cracked slightly, and his eyes were sparkling.

"Calum," I said, lifting my hands as a warning. He moved closer, so that my palm rested against his chest instead. His heartbeat was steady, and his body heat spread up my entire arm, "You need to stop."

"I can't stop," he replied, his hand covering my wrist, holding it against his heart.

"You're stupid," I meant to continue sounding angry and fierce, but instead I whispered.

Calum's minty breath washed over my face as he pulled me even closer against his body, chest pressed against chest, heart against heart.

"Laila I mean it," His gaze was so intense that it felt like he was setting a fire into my skin.

"You confuse me," I smirked, although I was still upset.

"I confuse myself," he mumbled, "But honestly I'm good at liking books. I'm good at liking cars. I'm good at liking coffees and teas. I'm good at liking things that can't like me back, that don't have the power to leave. And maybe, that's why I'm having such a hard time with you."

The relief was clear on his face, and he kissed me with surprising force that leaked everything he was feeling.

____________________

HOW CUTE IS CALUM

pls god bless me with a poetic boy omfg

anyways fyi the poetic shizz is from tumblr not mine aha !!

thx for all the reads you guys rock love you all

- nit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
80.8K 3.6K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
191K 19K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...