๐’๐๐Ž๐“๐‹๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ - ๐ก๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ญ...

By lxngbottom

-๐’๐๐Ž๐“๐‹๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ ๐‘Ž ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘๐‘˜๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘–๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘‘๏ฟฝ... More

๐’๐๐Ž๐“๐‹๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’Š. ๐ž๐ฑ๐œ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ?
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฎ๐ฌ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’Š๐’Š๐’Š. ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐›๐ข๐ง'๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’Š๐’—. ๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ๐›๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’—. ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’—๐’Š. ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ซ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ž
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’—๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฒ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’—๐’Š๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ง๐
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’Š๐’™. ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐œ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ฒ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™. ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐œ๐ญ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’Š. ๐ž๐ฑ๐ก๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ 
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ซ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’Š๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’Š๐’—. ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ค ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’—. ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’—๐’Š. ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’—๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’Š๐’™. ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’™. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’™๐’Š. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐จ๐š๐
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž

โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €๐’™๐’—๐’Š๐’Š๐’Š. ๐ก๐ข๐ ๐ก ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฅ

232 7 0
By lxngbottom

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
━━ 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍

"Here we go," Ricky sang, giving a start to the final song of the musical. All of them ran onstage, huge smiles on their faces, even though they knew they would probably bawl their eyes out as soon as the lights were off.

    They were all wearing red graduation caps and gowns, exactly like the ones most of them would be wearing in some months when they said their last goodbye to high school.

    "Lookin' forward from centre stage, to Graduation Day, time to get the future started," the boys harmonised as the girls bowed, then reversing their roles. The background dancers, the art club and the whole crew, including Maddox were given their chance to bow and received the very deserved ovation. The main cast was dancing on a small stage they had prepared for that occasion, a huge 'Congratulations Wildcats' banner behind them.

    Jett and Emmy bowed first, followed by Dani, Gina, Ashlyn, Carlos and Kourtney. Ricky and Juliette were the last ones to step to the front, holding hands, as everybody stepped to the sides and clapped for them, following the music. Ricky looked at Juliette and Juliette looked at Ricky, emotion written all over their faces. Normally, they were able to read each other like an open book, but everything was too messy now.

    "High School Musical, let's celebrate where we come from, the friends who've been there all along. Oh, yeah."

    Juliette was the first to bow, following Ricky's instructions. He stepped aside, letting her take centre stage and receive the standing ovation that had formed especially for her. It was then his turn to bow and Juliette could not wipe the look of utter love from her face as Ricky smiled brightly for the audience. He then took her hand and spun her around just to bow again, now both of them together, before joining the rest of the cast and finishing the song.

    Everybody got on stage with them: EJ, Mr Mazzara, Mack, Seb, Big Red... and, of course, EJ. The "core six" held hands and walked to the front of the stage again, taking a last bow before they jumped and the lights went off, concluding High School Musical 3 for good. All that remained from it were the claps of the audience.

    As everybody hugged, Gina ran offstage with Mack, not saying a single word.

    They remained there for some more seconds, thanking the audience for coming. Juliette felt someone taking her hand, only to find that it was Ricky, who pulled her closer to him and left a soft kiss on her cheek.

────────────

As soon as the audience started to walk out of the gym, they all went back to the dressing room, where Miss Jenn told them to stay still for a picture.

    "Stay in costume because mommy needs pictures of her babies," she instructed them as she took a polaroid camera.

    "Okay, but Miss Darbus is in this photo," Ashlyn said, not really making it a question. "You were giving us acting beats out there, Miss Jenn."

    "Yeah," EJ intervened, "it's incredible you've never been on Broadway. Yet."

    Miss Jenn laughed as she told them that she wanted one just with the kids. All of them got in the picture together, bright smiles on their faces as they hugged their closest friends. There were so many people there that they had to squeeze themselves just to fit in the picture, which almost made them trip over each other.

    "Why do I not want to take this costume off?" Ricky asked, his voice full of emotion as he looked up at the ceiling of the dressing room.

    "Honestly, it's a miracle to see you in a graduation cap and gown at all. Seriously."

    "No, I mean..."

    "You're not ready to graduate high school," EJ explained, perfectly understanding Ricky.

    "Are any of us ready?" Juliette breathed out, not wanting to take the costume off either. The moment she did, it would mean that everything was over. That she was supposed to pack and leave for God knows how long. That she would have to say goodbye to Ricky for the time being, if he wanted to say goodbye at all.

    "Except that you never know if the next adventure will be even bigger," Miss Jenn spoke, her voice soft. "We should never take the next show for granted. The only thing you should never promise ever is forever."

    Juliette looked at Ricky. They had promised each other forever and she was seeing that promise crumble in front of her. They had promised to stay together even if they were miles apart but, at that moment, she didn't know if they were ready for it. They were still kids, they weren't supposed to part ways just yet.

    Her chain of thought was interrupted by Seb, who came running in, almost yelling, "I have an important announcement to make. My dad has known I was gay since I was two, when I cried after we slaughtered my favourite pig. And he's been waiting for me to come out for fourteen years."

    Everybody cheered for him, happy that his family loved him exactly as he was, exactly as they themselves loved him. However, two very important cheers were missing. Maddox and Gina.

    "Um... okay. Um... kids, listen up," Miss Jenn clapped, calling for their attention. Gina has something big she's about to tell everyone. And I know she is not the only one. None of them wanted to ruin our night by telling you right before the show. Gina is about to come in here, looking like a movie star and... we should just cheer on her and support her. In the meantime, I know that there is another person here with another very big piece of news."

    Miss Jenn's eyes travelled to Juliette, who was already looking at her teacher with tears in her eyes. She shook her head, signalling that she was not ready to say anything in fear that she would break down in front of everybody. Ricky, who caught the signal, stepped in front of them and took the spotlight for a second.

    "I guess I'll say something until that person is ready to speak and Gina comes. You know, just in case this is the last time we're all in the same room?" Ricky was already on the verge of tears and he hadn't even started speaking yet. "For the longest time, I thought that being happy was something that you arrived at. And when you got there, you were just there. You were just happy forever. But I guess I'm realising that, um, happiness is something that comes and goes, you know, like people, or the weather in Utah. I just wanna say, since this is the only time we'll all be in our graduating gowns together, that if I hadn't found this program or... No, if this program hadn't found me... I don't know what would've happened to me. I don't know where I would've ended up, you know? Because no one really believed in me. No one really accepted me and no one really saw me, before you guys. You know? This is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

    "Ricky," Kourtney called him, "you don't have to say it like it's over."

    "Yeah. It's never smart to count on tomorrow when all you've got is... you know?"

    All of them stood silent for some seconds until Juliette dared to speak as well. "I have something to say too. I... I don't want to say goodbye, I'm not good at them by any means but..."

    "Yes?" Alex whispered, looking at her from the security of the group.

    "UCLA has accepted me into their art program and has given me the opportunity to... to exhibit some of my art in a very important art gallery."

    "Juliette, that's amazing!" Carlos exclaimed, about to take a step forward to hug her.

    "The thing is that... I'm leaving already. In two days, we will take a flight to California and I don't know how long I'll stay there. Maybe I'll be back for graduation or maybe I'll take my role into real life and stay there... for good. But just in case, I want to thank you all. You made me realise my own worth as an artist but, above all, as a person. You all took me in like I was part of a family I didn't even know I needed and you've all made me grow into a better person than I was. Ahslyn, Carlos, Kourtney... you all taught me that my identity is worthy, you've taught me to speak my own truth and to be braver than I had ever been before. Seb, Big Red, I don't think I've met sweetest boys ever and I don't think I will ever again. Jett, I don't know you very much but you have made your way into my heart and I don't think you'll ever leave. I just hope that you... you know, continue mocking me like you do and that you ask that certain person out because you both really deserve it. Emmy, you... are going to take over not only the drama department but the whole world as well and I can't wait to see you succeed."

    Emmy smiled, but her eyes did not. She was trying so hard not to cry that Juliette worried she would combust.

"EJ..." Juliette sobbed, looking at her best friend. "You came unexpectedly into my life and I don't think I've ever been more grateful. You've been a big brother, a best friend and I don't know where I would be without you. You were always there when I needed you and you've been by my side even at my lowest. I am so lucky to have met someone like you."

    "Juliette, please..." EJ's voice broke as well, but Juliette shook her head and continued talking.

    "Alex... I know we have had our rough patches but I want you to know that you are one of the best friends I ever had and I'm sorry we won't get to do all those things we planned when we were thirteen and knew nothing about life. Ricky..." She had to stop speaking for some seconds, unable to get her words out as she looked at her boyfriend, who was also crying. "Wow, I didn't think this would hurt so much. Um... you have been the best thing to ever come into my life. We've also had our... difficulties but I love you. I love you and nothing will ever change that, no matter how far apart we are. You were the most unforeseen thing to ever come into my life but I don't think I'll ever feel full again if it's not with you. And I'm sorry that things have turned this way, I'm sorry that... I'm sorry that I have to go but I need you to know that I would leave everything behind if you asked me to. I've fallen head over heels for you, Ricky Bowen, my heart is yours and it will forever be yours. Just so you know... there's still time. Just say it."

    Juliette looked at him, hopeful that he would ask her to stay. If he did, she would not go to the art gallery. She would stay with him until graduation, maybe even the whole Summer if she managed to persuade her mom and dad. There would be more art galleries but there would never be another moment like this.

    Ricky, however, looked down at his own shoes, which made Juliette turn to look at Miss Jenn.

    "I guess the biggest thank you goes to you, Miss Jenn. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have anything of what I have now, none of us will. Perhaps we would have never met each other if it hadn't been for you. You are the best teacher this school has ever seen, no offence, Mr Mazzara. You care for all of us as if we were your own children and you have made high school a wonderful time. You have seen us cry, laugh, you have been there to help us when we needed it the most. I don't think there are words to express how much you mean to all of us, to me. Thank you, Miss Jenn."

    Miss Jenn hugged Juliette just the moment Gina walked into the room, exhaling as if she had been running. She looked absolutely stunning in her gown, with her makeup freshly done. Yet again, Gina had always been stunning, both on the inside and the outside, and she deserved all the good things that came her way.

    "Hey, everybody," she spoke. "I'm sorry to have missed the emotional part of the night."

    Everybody chuckled at her comment, but it was Ashlyn who spoke, "you're still in time to make your contribution."

    "Gosh, I have so much I wanna say to you guys, but the makeup people told me not to cry before this press conference. Okay... I got cast in Quinn's next movie, and I'm getting in a limo and going to fly to New Zealand in about 20 minutes. I'm sorry, I know New Zealand is a sore subject for you after Six Below Zero.·

    She turned to look at Mr Mazzara, who waved his hand. "It hurts less now."

    "I just wanna say... I had no idea who I was, not really, until I met you guys. I was, like, 20 different people before East High, and now I'm just... I'm just Gina. And now I'm supposed to leave for a really long time because I'm Juliet in this $100 million Romeo and Juliet movie. So, I'm not gonna call this goodbye. I'm sure we will see each other, maybe not this year or the next but soon enough. I don't think we'll ever forget this. I know I won't."

    "Gina, we... wow. Um, we need you in the auditorium."

    "Wait, Maddox, are you..." Ashlyn asked, but was unable to finish the sentence.

    "I am. I'm supposed to do the movie, too. And I didn't... Um... God, I'm so sorry. I didn't know how to tell you after... You know."

    "I'm sorry, I'm such a mess, I spoke too much. Does anyone else wanna say something?" Gina asked as a makeup person put powder in her face so as to hide the few tears that had fallen from her eyes.

    "You and Mack are gonna be late for your flight."

    "Never forget, tonight or any night," Miss Jenn told Gina. "You can take the girl out of Salt Lake but you can't take Salt Lake out of the girl."

    "Gina," Maddox called for her, taking her hand and walking with her out of the dressing room.

    All of them stood there, unsure of what to do, until EJ spoke,

    "Well, we can't miss that press conference so get changed and let's run to the auditorium."

    As if a spell had been broken, all of them took their backpacks and their hangers with their clothes and changed at lighting speed. In under ten minutes, they were already running to the auditorium, not even stopping to think how much their legs hurt or how tired they were. Even Miss Jenn and Mr Mazzara were running with them. They opened the doors to the auditorium, caring little about how noisy they were, and walked in, standing at the back of the room and seeing Gina sign her contract.

    Their eyes were already red, but they couldn't pinpoint the cause. It was a mix of pride, sadness and, above all, melancholy. Everything was changing. Who would have said that a 2008 Disney Channel movie would change their lives so much.

    Gina put the pen back down and looked at all of them with a huge smile on her face. She had done it. She had gotten her big break and she was about to be a movie star.

    "Before I leave, I want to thank my friends from the drama department, the art club and, of course, Miss Jenn and Mr Mazzara. I wouldn't be here without you and I will never forget you."

    They all clapped for her as she walked off stage, followed by Mack, Maddox, Quinn and Ben, who took the time to wink at Juliette before leaving.

────────────

With Gina already gone, the whole group walked out of the auditorium and towards their own families, who were eagerly waiting to congratulate them after the amazing show they had put on. All of them were gathered there, all except Gina and Maddox, whose presence was already missed.

    "Hey, guys," Big Red called their attention, making everybody fall silent. "What do we do now? We've got a limo outside, you've just staged the best performance East High has ever seen... how do we celebrate?"

    "Oh, I've got an idea," Ricky smirked mischievously and, taking Juliette's hand, ran out of there, making the girl laugh. She could hear the rest of the drama club behind her, the parents not even bothering to call for them. They laughed as well, allowing them one final night of rest before becoming parents again and urging them to start studying already.

    They got in the limo and Ricky whispered something to the driver, who only nodded and took them there. The vehicle was big enough for all of them. Although they had been in a limo before, back at the premiere of their Disney's Frozen documentary, they had never been all together.

    "Wait!" Juliette yelled as she recognised the soft melody coming from the radio, making everybody shut up and listen as well. "Do you remember this?"

    "Driver! Turn the music up, please," EJ politely asked and, soon, the lyrics of Born to be Brave were blasting from the limo's speakers.

    That song had always been a favourite of Juliette's. Well, perhaps not always, but definitely since that night in which she had danced with her friends at the school gym, that night when she had first become friends with EJ, that night in which Ricky had kissed her at her house's door.

    The driver was probably rolling his eyes, regretting having listened to them, as the whole group took turns singing the lyrics of the song that meant so much to them. Ricky pulled his phone out as he started recording. If there was something Ricky loved was having every single memory stored in his phone so he could watch them late at night, in his bed, when he wasn't feeling his best.

    He zoomed in everybody's faces and then turned his phone around to record himself. However, he didn't stop recording after the song was over and the limo stopped. Instead, he got off and pointed at where he had taken them.

    "This is what theatre kids do after opening night," he breathed out, looking at Juliette and then at and then at the glowing letters above the restaurant door: Denny's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 2.8K 30
No kissing? Then how are people supposed to believe it? HSMTMTS Season One / Original Character ยฉJJ 1/20/2020 - 8/25/2...
97.8K 1.6K 16
๐™”๐™Š๐™'๐™๐™€ ๐˜ผ ๐™Ž๐™๐˜ผ๐™!||๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐จ๐ง ๐๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š...
102K 3.4K 18
๐‡๐€๐๐๐ˆ๐„๐‘ โ› i hope you're happy, but don't be happier. โœ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿฑ/๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ/๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿฒ/๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฑ/๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ ๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿณ...
118K 4.4K 35
๐’‚ ๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’•๐’๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‰๐’–๐’“๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’๐’๐’†... ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ก...