⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
━━ 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍

"Here we go," Ricky sang, giving a start to the final song of the musical. All of them ran onstage, huge smiles on their faces, even though they knew they would probably bawl their eyes out as soon as the lights were off.

    They were all wearing red graduation caps and gowns, exactly like the ones most of them would be wearing in some months when they said their last goodbye to high school.

    "Lookin' forward from centre stage, to Graduation Day, time to get the future started," the boys harmonised as the girls bowed, then reversing their roles. The background dancers, the art club and the whole crew, including Maddox were given their chance to bow and received the very deserved ovation. The main cast was dancing on a small stage they had prepared for that occasion, a huge 'Congratulations Wildcats' banner behind them.

    Jett and Emmy bowed first, followed by Dani, Gina, Ashlyn, Carlos and Kourtney. Ricky and Juliette were the last ones to step to the front, holding hands, as everybody stepped to the sides and clapped for them, following the music. Ricky looked at Juliette and Juliette looked at Ricky, emotion written all over their faces. Normally, they were able to read each other like an open book, but everything was too messy now.

    "High School Musical, let's celebrate where we come from, the friends who've been there all along. Oh, yeah."

    Juliette was the first to bow, following Ricky's instructions. He stepped aside, letting her take centre stage and receive the standing ovation that had formed especially for her. It was then his turn to bow and Juliette could not wipe the look of utter love from her face as Ricky smiled brightly for the audience. He then took her hand and spun her around just to bow again, now both of them together, before joining the rest of the cast and finishing the song.

    Everybody got on stage with them: EJ, Mr Mazzara, Mack, Seb, Big Red... and, of course, EJ. The "core six" held hands and walked to the front of the stage again, taking a last bow before they jumped and the lights went off, concluding High School Musical 3 for good. All that remained from it were the claps of the audience.

    As everybody hugged, Gina ran offstage with Mack, not saying a single word.

    They remained there for some more seconds, thanking the audience for coming. Juliette felt someone taking her hand, only to find that it was Ricky, who pulled her closer to him and left a soft kiss on her cheek.

────────────

As soon as the audience started to walk out of the gym, they all went back to the dressing room, where Miss Jenn told them to stay still for a picture.

    "Stay in costume because mommy needs pictures of her babies," she instructed them as she took a polaroid camera.

    "Okay, but Miss Darbus is in this photo," Ashlyn said, not really making it a question. "You were giving us acting beats out there, Miss Jenn."

    "Yeah," EJ intervened, "it's incredible you've never been on Broadway. Yet."

    Miss Jenn laughed as she told them that she wanted one just with the kids. All of them got in the picture together, bright smiles on their faces as they hugged their closest friends. There were so many people there that they had to squeeze themselves just to fit in the picture, which almost made them trip over each other.

    "Why do I not want to take this costume off?" Ricky asked, his voice full of emotion as he looked up at the ceiling of the dressing room.

    "Honestly, it's a miracle to see you in a graduation cap and gown at all. Seriously."