๐€๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ง ๐–๐ž๐๐๐ข๐ง...

By gracessecretshelby

- ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก Madeline Lee finds herself forced into the once thing she swore she'd never do: marriage or... More

๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
-๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ-
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ

4K 145 18
By gracessecretshelby

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏
𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝟏𝟗

The wind was aggressively blowing through Madeline's hair as she rode her black horse through the field. Something she loved doing the most, riding her horse. Canon.

It made her feel safe when she got to be away from the camp.

As she approached the camp once more, she noticed the three men stood with Johnny Dogs and three of the Lee boys, a white horse that they'd won at the fair tied to one of the wagons.

One of the boys stood with the Lee brothers being her own brother. Her younger brother.

She brought her own horse to a halt and watched closely. They wore peaky caps and stood tall.

Madeline carefully jumped off of Canon and held him by the reigns, walking him toward where Johnny and the other men were standing.

She frowned when both Johnny and the taller man flipped coins up in the air.

"What's going on here," she asked, taking her gloves off and shoving them into her pockets. The other to men who were wearing the caps looked over to her.

The coins landed in the grass and Johnny kneeled down as well as the man. As they stood, he placed car keys into Johnny's hands.

"Tommy, you bloody idiot!" The other shouted.

"Shut up Arthur, I won." He cut him off. "I promised Johnny i'd let him have a spin of the car if he lost." Johnny looked over to Madeline and laughed, "wonderful car isn't it?" he asked, practically running over to it.

The three Lee boys, including her brother, stood off to the side began laughing quietly.

"Who're you?" She asked, looking who she assumed was Arthur, up and down. "Tommy, Tommy Shelby. And these are my brothers. John an Arthur," he nodded toward them.

"And why are you here?" Her eyes lingered on John for a few moments, certain she'd seen him before. She just didn't know from where.

Arthur nudged John's shoulder. "She likes questions don't she," he hummed, his Birmingham accent thick. Tommy glared at the two. "I had a bet with Johnny you see, and I won. Which means I get that horse over there,"

Madeline nodded. "They've probably cursed it," she shrugged, dead serious. "You think i'm joking, Mr Shelby."

Tommy let out a breathy laugh, shoving his hands into his pockets. Then he noticed the laughs coming from the Lee boys behind her and frowned.

"Are you Lee boys laughing at my brother?" He asked, his face dropping. "Are ya?" He walked forward. "Eh, i asked you a question."

"Tommy, come on," Johnny marched over. "Come on its just a crack, get your family out of 'ere and enjoy yourselves. Before you start a war, eh."

He then turned to the Lee boys. "Go on. Go, they're good people. Their grandad was a King," he spoke in Romani. "Yeah but his mother was a diddicoy whore," Jackson, tormented.

"For fucks sake," Madeline whispered, taking a step back and reaching into the small bag that hung from the saddle of her horse.

Tommy took his cap from his head, lunging forward and pressing it into Jackson's face. Blood began pouring out. Arthur and John did the same thing.

"Madeline, go on, go home. I said go," Johnny urged, placing a hand on her back. She shook her head, remaining put. "This is entertaining, might put a bet on it," she joked, earning a sigh from Johnny whilst she dug deep into the bag.

"That's your brother!" Johnny scolded. "No that's Jackson." She smirked, "Oh but now they've got Theo," Johnny informed her.

Blood was flying everywhere, the Lee brothers now on the floor as the Shelby boys threw punches at them.

"Who are they anyway?" Madeline asked Johnny, completely ignoring him. He looked at her then back at them. "They're the Peaky Blinders, Maddie. The devils of Birmingham."

"So why're they here, at our camp?" A grin was clearly displayed on her face as she pulled out a small gun, hiding it behind her back.

"They are my old friends. We were making a bet cause they wanted that horse we won at the fair-"

"The horse that them Lee brothers cursed?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Johnny frowned. "Don't be ridiculous,"

"I'm not." She said bluntly. Johnny couldn't say anymore as she'd shoved past him, aiming her gun into the sky and shooting it before pointing it at the Shelby boys. "Fuck off, the lot of you! That's my brother you're fighting- don't care about them lot but that's my fucking brother." She shouted at them, dragging her brother up from the floor, her gun still aimed at the Shelby's.

"Get up, you look like a fool." Madeline hissed, shoving him away from her. Tommy and Arthur shared a glance. John stood with a smirk on his lips at the girls actions. "An what are you laughing at?"

"Nothin. Do continue." John said in a tormenting way, shoving his hands into his pockets the same way his brothers had.

"Why don't you all fuck off and get away from our camp? Go on, fuck off before i blow your heads off." She threatened. A laugh fell from Arthur's mouth which only provoked her further. "You think i'm joking," she said lowly, taking a step forward and pressing her gun into his chest.

But instead of his brothers stopping her like he expected, they stood and watched whilst she cocked the gun. Shivers climbed up Arthur's spine as she stared into his eyes. "I said leave." Madeline hissed, pushing him backwards with her gun and watching him stumble.

"Yeah alright," he huffed, embarrassed that he'd let a girl do such a thing to him. John couldn't help but let out a loud laugh once they walked off.

Madeline remained still, watching to ensure they left. A frown fell across her features when John looked at her from over his shoulder, nodding at her.

"And where the fuck did you get a gun!" Johnny said, finally snatching the weapon from her hands. "That's none of your business, Johnny. Now give it back."

"No, you're lucky i'm not telling Esmerelda about that stunt, Madeline. She'd go mad."

"Just like she'd go mad if she found out you were making deals with the Peaky Blinders." Madeline retorted, taking a few steps back and looking at her brother. "Can't believe you'd be so stupid," she gritted through her teeth.

Theo, her brother, looked down at his knees. She watched him wipe the blood from his nose. "You can't even look at me," she laughed in a mocking way, "next time you want to play around with people like that, be prepared to face the consequence."

"Okay, whatever. Now fuck off an don't tell Esmeralda you were here when this happened," Johnny pointed a finger at her, stopping her from saying anything else. Madeline groaned and took her horse, walking it back to her other side of the camp.

This was the beginning of a war.

As she tied Canon to the fence beside the trees, Esme appeared behind her.

"Who were them men on the hill?" she questioned, her hair messily braided. Madeline jumped slightly, "bloody hell, Esme, almost killed me." Madeline placed a hand on her chest.

Esme didn't even laugh.

"Who were they? Do we know them?"

"Johnny says they're the peaky blinders, devils of Birmingham," She mimicked Johnny's words from earlier. Esme tilted her head.

"The peaky blinders?"

"Yes, that is what I said, Esme." Madeline huffed, wiping her hands on her dark dress. "And in my opinion, they're complete and utter nobody's."

"Well they must be somebody's if Johnny referred to them as the devils," Esme argued, taking a bucket of water and hovering it over the fire to warm it. "The only thing good about 'em was that they're good looking, but even still. Nobodies."

Esme scoffed and ran a hand over Canon.

"Have you ever thought about getting married?" Esme asked randomly. Madeline snapped her head toward her, her lips parting. "I'm nineteen, Esme."

She shrugged, "most girls at your age are married. Some even have kids."

"I don't want a husband," Madeline hissed, sitting down. Esme stared at her, "well, don't be surprised if my mother sets you up with someone. It's tradition."

"Yeah an that's why I hate this fuckin place," Madeline insulted, throwing a pebble to the floor. "One day i'm going to leave."

"Why're you so bitter all the time? Do you ever enjoy yourself?" The dark haired girl asked. Madeline shook her head, "what's there to enjoy? I'm living here, surrounded by your brothers and horse shit. Nothing good here, Esme."

"Well unfortunately you're stuck here,"

"Lucky me," she retorted, placing her hands in front of the fire to warm them.

The sky was starting to grow dark, Johnny and Esmarus Lee were discussing matters elsewhere, their faint shouting being heard from a distance.

"You get that bullet to Charlie Strong!" Esmarus demanded, shoving the bullet into Johnny's palm. He looked down, looking at the engraving.

'Tommy'

"Esmarus, come on now."

"No. Nobody gets to come here and cut members of my family, Johnny. So you make sure Tommy Shelby's received that bullet. He's started a war." He pointed a finger at Johnny.

"For fucks sake," Johnny muttered, putting it into his pocket. "Is that all?"

"Yes, now go."

Johnny had been a friend of both the Shelby's and the Lee's for years. And he'd gotten caught in the crossfire between both the families.

Madeline had done what she does best, listened in. She leaned against the side of the wagon, taking a step back when Johnny exited it.

"What the fuck are you doin?" Johnny appeared, causing her to cringe and turn to face him. "Looking for my..shoes."

"Ya shoes are on ya feet," Johnny placed his hands on his hips, tapping his foot like he was her father. Madeline stood up straight and let out a breath. "The bullet, what's it say?"

Johnny shook his head and folded his arms. "Go to bed ya little shit,"

"What's on the bullet, Johnny." She asked again, trying to snatch it from him. "Shut ya mouth, go to bed!" He raised his voice and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Can't have a single days peace around here," Madeline groaned, spinning on her heels and walking off towards the wagon that her and Esme shared.

"Bastard," she muttered, kicking a stone as she walked. "I heard that!" Johnny called out.

༻♡༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 581 9
THE WILDEST OF THEM ALL - a Peaky Blinders fanfiction -IN WHICH all sorts of things happen, at home and outside, every day, but Darcy doesn't recall...
43.9K 1.1K 24
The story of a girl with a troubled family and a disastrous life. What will happen with an arranged marriage to form a truce between two families? I...
77.1K 3.8K 36
๐™‘๐™ž๐™˜๐™š: ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™š๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™–๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™—๐™š๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™๐™–๐™—๐™ž๐™ฉ. ๐™‘๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™š: ๐™—๐™š๐™...
156K 4.1K 76
"๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž, ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๏ฟฝ...