โœ“ 'til we met again, shin oka...

By soukwri

๐“†ฉโค๏ธŽ๐“†ช I want to hold on to this shining night where we are happy like a lie. I can't believe it, "Memory... More

๊•คฬฒ 'til we met again ๊•คฬฒ
'til we met again โ”ŠChizuru
'til we met again โ”Š01
'til we met again โ”Š02
'til we met again โ”Š03
'til we met again โ”Š05
'til we met again โ”Š06
'til we met again โ”Š07
'til we met again โ”Š08
'til we met again โ”Š09
'til we met again โ”Š10

'til we met again โ”Š04

308 29 1
By soukwri

      "Woah."
Escaped my lips as I walked around the room. Inside I could find so many instruments, making the music room at my previous school fall short in comparison. I was in a music studio I found wandering the streets of Tokyo.

I sat on the floor, right in the middle of everything. Although I had been involved in the music world for many years, I had never really set foot in a practice studio, so once here I felt somewhat inhibited by everything around me. It was a new world for me, yet strangely familiar.

Sitting cross-legged I looked longingly at the old notebook in my hands, one of the many blank pages in front of my eyes. My hand trembled subtly as I held the pen, the tip almost brushing the page. Why do I feel so terrified if just moments before I was brave enough to get to this point?

I didn't understand. I grumbled and pushed my body back, which bumped lightly against the cold studio floor. I felt stupid, I had managed to make up my mind to do what my heart wanted, but my mind kept bringing back the negative memories and the fear that I was going down the wrong path. Why?

In the midst of my mental scolding, I paid attention to my surroundings. Almost popping up my ears to listen, I could hear the faint sound of a bass guitar playing. Since these rooms are meant to be insulated, having left the door half open, whatever was going on outside could still come through the sound.

Intrigued, I finally got up and slowly walked out of the room and approached a few rooms over, where the sound of someone playing the bass came from. Impressively, I must say.

Peeping through the small window in the door, I stifled a sound of surprise. Inside was the same boy I had seen days before, only this time the instrument he was carrying was in his arms, leaving the case completely forgotten on the floor. He looked so focused on whatever it was he was playing that I couldn't help but feel some admiration.

I felt my cheeks burn slightly under my hands, which hid almost my entire face, leaving only my eyes in sight, which were still glued to that boy. His thin, almost slender figure moved slightly to the beat of his playing, as did his brown hair, which fell over his eyes.

Being finally aware of the situation I was in, I turned around and almost ran to where my room was.
I closed the door this time, but I could still hear the beat, the rhythm of my heartbeat thundering through my body, and the image of that boy did not intend to disappear anytime soon.

I never thought about love. The last years I was in high school I only dedicated to music and despite having friends, I was never interested in someone enough to have it in my mind. At least I never thought about it. Until now.

I felt ridiculous as I recapped the scene that a few minutes earlier had occurred. I must have looked like a stalker! I decided to go for a walk to clear my mind and stopped in front of a convenience store. Hearing my stomach rumbling I decided to go in. Both my spirit and my stomach were crying out for food.

I didn't want anything ostentatious. Just something to satiate my unhappiness, so I headed for the refrigerated shelves without thinking. I grabbed two onigiri and then decided on a simple bottle of water. As I tried to turn to go to the cashier a body bumped into me and one of the onigiri fell to the floor. Luckily they come covered with plastic. I pretended to bend down to pick it up but a slender hand crossed my field of vision.

I looked up at the stranger with whom I had collided. I can't be that unlucky. Seriously.

| gave out an awkward smile to him. His eyes were fixed on me, but his gaze was innocent, captivating. "Thank you." Our hands brushed as I took the small food from his hand. I tried to slip out of the store as quickly as possible once I paid.

Once outside I threw my head back wearily. Maybe I should have asked his name. I could still see him through the bluish glass case and my heart was jumping faster and faster.

"You certainly like those, uh?" it boomed in my ears and I turned to my right. There stood the same boy. I could notice an imperceptible smile on his lips and just like the first time I saw him, he disappeared from my sight.

Roaming the streets of Tokyo was relieving, but this time I could only eat my head with all the doubts I had. Maybe I should have talked to that guy, after all things have to happen and if we didn't hit it off, maybe he wasn't someone who would participate in my life.

Ah, again. I'm overthinking things, it's just a stranger who caught my eye, but I don't even know his name. A pout formed on my lips as I walked back to the building. Just then I saw a girl passing by on the sidewalk parallel to where I was. She was dressed very cutely and her hair was tied up, along with a headband adorning her head.

Getting a better look I recognized the girl from yesterday at the store, Hachi and feeling my spirits rise a little I called out to her. "Nana!" I saw her startled, not expecting my shout, she turned to see me and her frightened expression changed to a relieved one and she waved her hand at me. Making sure no cars were passing on the street at that moment I trotted towards her and a smile appeared on her lips. "Hi, uhm." Her face changed radically in despair "I never asked your name! I'm sorry!"

I let out a laugh at her attitude and brushed it off with my hand. "Don't get so worked up, it's okay." I assured her and we resumed walking. "My name is Chizuru, nice to meet you." I raised my hand in her direction and with a surprised look, she smiled at my introduction. "Nana, nice to meet you two." With the pleasant atmosphere between us the walk back to the building was enjoyable.

Hachi is quite a chaotic but nice girl at the same time, with only having spoken at length this time, I could tell she was someone to treasure. She reminded me of my aunt, I'm sure they would get along well.

Reaching the seventh floor finally, the girl next to me let out a weary exhale "How I wish there was an elevator." she cry out. Understanding the feeling I nodded with a tired smile on my face. "Ah, I hope Nana doesn't get lonely, I just started work today." A few seconds passed where her brain was thinking and at that she looked at me blurting out, "Chizu, aren't you supposed to work at Sabrina? You didn't go to work today."

A slightly uncomfortable look crossed my eyes and I sighed looking at her. "Yeah, about that." I unconsciously fiddled with my fingers feeling a little nervous all of a sudden. "I quit yesterday." Her poker face almost managed to make me crack but I kept my composure waiting for her to react.

"Ehh? Why?" fake tears formed in her eyes. "Just when I started working there." Her hands went to her mouth suddenly changing tone "You're not lying to me because Mizukoshi-san fired you to hire me!?" I shook my head effusively at her wild quip and laughed.

"No, don't worry, it's just that I'd been at that job for a while and I wasn't really setting down." I patted her back comforting her of her own idea. Calmer now, she sighed and looked at the door to her flat. "Well, I should probably get going with Nana by now."

I let out a soft "mhm" and waved her goodbye and went into my apartment. Once through the door I slid down the door until I touched the floor and exhaled with regret. Yuzuki poked her head out of her door looking at me quizzically. "What's up drama queen?" with furrowed brows I looked at her and stood up "I don't know what I thought when I agreed to come to Tokyo."

"You live with me, what are you complaining about." She mumbled heading to the kitchen to get out a glass of water, looking at me she gave me a look asking me silently if I wanted one too. I affirmed slumping down on the couch on the opposite side of the kitchen, staring at the ceiling as images of the bass boy appeared in front of my eyes again. Since I arrived in Tokyo, only now I started noticing people who captivated my interest and managed to sneak into my thoughts more than usual.

"Zuki" Out of the corner of my eye I caught the happy little head shake she made upon hearing the nickname, I rolled my eyes gracefully and continued. "What's your job?" In contrast to her spark of happiness that had been generated by me calling her Zuki, her body paused for a moment. "Why do you ask? So suddenly."

She approached with both glasses full, leaving mine on the small coffee table and re-settling me on the couch, now seated I lifted my shoulders nonchalantly. "I don't know, I never really asked you, and I'd like to know what you make of your days for a living." The coolness of the glass clinked against my warm hand and in one sip I drank the entire contents of the glass.

She hissed looking at me, "Imagine if it was alcohol, you'd be mad as hell by now." I grimaced in disgust getting a smile in return, she swung her legs up on the puff where she was sitting and resting the glass on the corner of her lips made a thinking gesture. "Well, it's a simple job really, nothing special." I looked at her with expectant eyes for her to continue. "So...?"

"I'm a manager in a clothing store." Okay, that had surprised me, not overly so but it wasn't particularly what I had in mind. "Really? Sounds interesting." The corners of her lips turned up at my comment, however she rested her chin on her hand that was on the table, fiddling with the nearly empty glass in her hand. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing really, glad to hear you're interested." My eyebrows furrowed and as she did I moved closer to the table, letting my head lay on my arms on top of the small table, looking at her features. "You don't sound convinced Zuki."

The tight smile she wore, now opened up revealing her teeth glistening in a warm smile. "Chizu, seriously, there's nothing wrong with me. I just feel comfortable having you here."

"You're so cheesy." I grumbled smiling in kind and we stayed in that position for a few minutes. We didn't speak, we didn't move, we just enjoyed the small silence that formed around us. Fixing myself better in Zuki's eyes, I noticed the almost imperceptible difference in color that both eyes had. Her right eye being slightly lighter than the left one, which was a dark brown, as much or more than a coffee bean. It was a detail that few people really noticed but that made Yuzuki's eyes special and beautiful, giving character to her face.

"You're looking at me too much, do I have something on my face?" She asked with some mockery. "I'm just watching your eyes, they're beautiful." She let out a gasp and got up in the direction of the kitchen again stumbling around. "Yah, Chizuru! And then I'm the cheesy one!"

I laughed from my place leaning back on the table shaking my head at her behavior. "Now that I remember, were you finally able to get over to say hello to the new neighbors, Chizu?" I unconsciously jumped at the mention of Nana and Hachi, nodding I held the now empty glass that was next to me and walked over to the dishwasher to set it down. "Yeah, they're quite nice, in fact the last delivery job I did was for them."

"Woah! you don't waste any time." She laughed enthusiastically, resting her arm around my shoulders. "You know, I think you'd get along with Hachi—" "The pretty girl I told you about?" I narrowed my eyes looking at her and brought my hand to my chin in thought. "They're both gorgeous, but I mean the one you called noisy, I mean, you two are pretty much alike." She grumbled at my comment and at that the doorbell rang.

We both turned to the entrance and drying my hands I walked over to answer. "Ye—?" "CHIZU! Come quick, Nana is going to sing!" not quite understanding what Hachi, speaking of the devil, was referring to, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to her flat, and unable to refuse I let her take me there.

As soon as we entered, from the from the door frame I saw Nana on the table holding a cell phone close to her face, behind her there was a blond boy holding a guitar that was connected to the amplifier that was also on the chair. When she saw me, she waved me over. I positioned myself to one side of Hachi, and Nana crouched down leaning slightly toward us, smiling at us. "We have an audience of two, but that's enough."

I could only watch mesmerized as they both gave a little concert in the dining room, from apartment 707.

Clearly minutes later several neighbors arrived to knock on the door followed by complaints and even some insults. Being 23:48 at night it was more than understandable that the noise that was occurring in the apartment was going to alert almost the entire building. Hachi offered to come out and apologize, although despite having taken the initiative, the embarrassment she felt once she opened the door was evident on her face.

"Pff, whatever." Nana without giving it a thought went to her room, quickly heading to the bathroom closing the door behind her. I smiled at her demeanor of downplaying the situation. At that I felt the gaze of the boy present, who was standing next to me and as soon as I turned he averted his eyes to the floor and, as if he had remembered what he was going to do, he took the guitar case in one hand and began to put it away.

"I am Chizuru." I blurted out almost instinctively, seeing the stranger in front of me I could only think to properly introduce myself to him. "I live in the apartment next door." I gave him a small smile to make him feel confident and after seeing me I felt his corporeality relax.

"Nice to meet you, Chizu." My eyes widened slightly at how quickly he had come into confidence. "I'm Nobu, Nana's friend." I nodded toward him and crouched down to the side of where he was arranging the instrument inside its case. "So, what did you think of what you've just saw?"

I smiled somewhat wistfully, but Nobu didn't notice as he got up to head for the amplifier. "It was amazing." His head turned toward me but I continued, "I'd never seen a band play and even though the song had no lyrics, Nana's voice and the way you played the melody gave me chills. I felt it touched my heart." Coming out of my little trance as I said those words I looked at him and his face was almost stunned, his eyes fixed on me and suddenly I felt my hands sweating. "Hahaha, too sincere?" I said trying to hide my sudden nervousness and stood up rubbing my hands on my pleated skirt.

He nodded but smiled when he saw my embarrassed state. "Don't worry, it sounded really nice what you said. Thank you." We smiled at each other. He let out a sigh as he coiled up the amp cord. "I don't think you can call a group of two a band though, we don't even have a drummer or a bass player."

That transported my mind back to years ago when in the prototype band that Shizue and I were thinking of making, we also didn't have drums or a bass guitar. Until Kaoru and Aoi came into the picture. Although, nowadays I don't even have a band anymore. I let a chuckle escape my lips leaning against the edge of the table. "Surely here in Tokyo there are plenty of candidates to fill in for those spots." He nodded and just then the door closed and we both turned in that direction.

A desperate Hachi run past us and unannounced into the bathroom, where Nana was still taking a bath. Listening to the shouting coming through the half-closed door, we listened as Hachi recounted the possibility that a murder had occurred in this apartment, 707, in the past. According to her, she deduced it from what Miss Yamada had said, "There has never been anything good about apartment 707." I exhaled, lightly tapping my forehead with one hand. Oh Hachi.

Nobu however could only laugh at the comical situation. As expected, Nana kicked Hachi out of the bathroom and closed the door. "Did I say something to make her angry?" Nobu's laughter only managed to infect me with it and we both laughed at a confused Hachi.

"Don't worry Hachi, Miss Yamada has always been nagging. Surely nothing that serious happened in this—" Though my attempts to comfort her were interrupted by the herself, who with trembling arms engulfed my torso for shelter. "Maybe the former leaseholder's host is haunting this apartment!" Yeah, well, she's so immersed in her theory that I don't think she plans to listen to what I have to say to her. With my hand I stroked her head while Nobu continued to enjoy the situation.

"If you want, I can sleep with you, Nana-chan." Despite Nobu's clear mockery of the girl, Hachi in an almost serious way, still frightened, told he that she couldn't since she had a boyfriend. I scoffed at Nobu's failed attempt at teasing, as he tried to explain his own joke. "Well, I must be going now-"

"NOO!!!" As I was already approaching towards the door, Hachi rushed towards me making me almost lose my balance, she was looking at me with her head resting on my chest while she hugged my torso still. Her eyes were an exact replica of a sad puppy's eyes watching her owner leave the house. "You can't leave me with the ghosts, Chizu~!"

"You'll be fine, you have Nana and Nobu, I'm sure they'll be more than willing to accompany you." I gave the boy a look, asking for help. "Yeah Hachi, I'll sleep in the corner so you don't have to worry." The girl seemed to be hatching some plan in her mind and her eyes lit up. "I know!"

"You can sleep in my room, since I'll sleep with Nana." She turned to Nobu, who scratched the back of his neck with a small smile. "No need, I'll be fine in the corner-" Hachi approached him with both hands in supplication. "If you don't sleep in my bed I won't have an excuse for Nana to let me sleep with her." Again the puppy dog eyes. She knows what she's doing.

Finally I said goodbye to them after having solved the problem and walked slowly to door 709. I didn't feel tired at all, even though it was already 1:30 am. Holding the handle in my hand, I looked back at apartment 707 and smiled.

Hey, Shizue. I know you left 3 years ago already. It still feels like I lost you yesterday, though. Every day that pass feels like that October 30.

Even though your future no longer exists, I will make your existence live on. With me and with the world.

Hey, Shizue. Every now and then I feel like accompanying you wherever you've gone. But I remind myself that I must fulfill what I set out to do.

And what I promised you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 180 11
After 2 years, you finally saw them again. Their regretful stares boring into your figure only made your temper rise. Who were they to give you that...
5.2K 179 11
Every day, you wake up, remembering only small fragments of a distant memory. A past life maybe? Everything in that dream was dark. Especially him. ...
415K 18.9K 82
Tokyo Revengers various x Female! Reader โŒฃ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โŒฃ โ”† โ”† โ”† โ”†โ‹† โ”† โ”† โ”†เชœ โœพ โ”† ยฐ โ™ก โ€ข โžต โœฉ โ—› ยฐ โ”†ๅฝก โ€ โ†ถ*เณƒโœงหš. โƒ โ†ท หŠ- โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โžค "But when you told me the whole st...
19.5K 474 45
You have a terrible past. As you grow older, you're still thinking your old, horrible past. As the days gone longer, you met someone who is kind and...