Never Together (Rewritten) ||...

By Zelinksnumber1fan

A modern AU of Botw! Link just moved in, hoping no one knows him... but he's wrong. He is a popular Sports pl... More

Chapter. 1
Chapter. 2
Chapter. 3
Chapter. 4
Chapter.5
Chapter. 6
Chapter. 7
Chapter. 8
Chapter. 9
Chapter. 10
Chapter. 11
Chapter. 12
Chapter. 14
Chapter. 15
Chapter. 16
Chapter. 17
Chapter. 18
Chapter. 19
Chapter. 20
Chapter. 21
Chapter. 22

Chapter. 13

223 8 10
By Zelinksnumber1fan

I wake feeling extremely tired. I get up out of bed and lazily walk down the stairs.  "Good morning." Father smiles as I walk into the dinning room. "Mmm.." I answer rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "Did you not sleep well?" He asks quietly. "Not really.. But I'll be alright." I sigh taking a seat. He nods with understanding. "Zelda.. Your grandparents want you to visit and stay with them for a few weeks. Is that something you would want to do... You could even bring some friends and I would pay for them as well."

"Hmm.. I think I would like that... Could I bring Impa, Paya, Purah, and Link?" I asks tilting my head. "If that's what their parents allow." He answers his brow scrunching as I say Link's name.  "Thank you father!" I smile, pulling my phone from my pocket. "Your asking right now?" He asks his tone becoming confused. "Well... Is that ok?" I ask setting my phone down. "Yes.. But I just thought we should have a conversation... Talk about what happened... You've been gone for a while.. Things happened. I want you to talk to me. I'm your father and I want you to feel safe.. Especially after what happened." He says his voice and face becoming soft with worry. "Father... It's only been a few hours... I don't think I want to talk about it.. I don't think I'm ready.. To talk about it." I mutter looking away from him. "Fine... But when in England will you al least talk to someone about it?"

"You mean like a Therapist?" I ask raising an eyebrow.  He doesn't answer, he just looks at me intently. "Wait.. What about school if I go to England?" I asks trying to change the subject in a subtle way. "I talked with your school about it. You would be taking classes there.. Like an exchange student.. Along with anyone who goes with you. I think a trip with your friends will be good for you." He says a worried expression distorting his face. "Honestly.. I think so to... I don't feel at home here anymore.. After what happened... I just... I don't know.. The feeling is just different." I mutter, glancing away as I stop myself from letting the rest of my thoughts spill from my mouth. "I understand but that truly is a shame... Hopefully a trip will change your mind..." He mutters grimly. 

"Well a change of scenery will do good.. And I'll be with my friends. It will be horrendous when grandmother meets Link... And grandfather will flip when meeting Impa and Purah..." I mutter, thinking about some of Impa's... More edgy and revealing clothes. "Impa does have an.. Interesting way of..."

"Expressing herself?" I say finishing his sentence. He nods, chuckling lightly. I giggle as the maid enters the room. "What shall I tell the chef for breakfast?" She mutters looking ashamed. "You're late." Father grumbles. "Father please.. I'm sure she just wanted us to catch up." I smile offering the maid a small wink. She smiles as Father grumbles in reply, "A simple breakfast shall suffice." Father sighs, ignoring her late entry. She nods leaving quickly just in case he changes his mind and fires her on the spot.

After breakfast I sit on the couch and take out my phone, making a group chat with, Impa, Paya, Purah, and Link,

*Zelda "hey.. So my grandparents want me to go visit them... In England.. And I'm going to go, but my father said I could bring friends and I was wondering if any of you wanted to go? My father said we would be doing school there as well.. We would leave next week, please reply soon."*

I send the text, placing my phone on the couch, closing my eyes. After a moment my phone dings. I grab it quickly, my heart pounding with excitement.

*Lonk 😎" I'll ask if I can go 🙂 I hope I can. I've always wanted to go to England."

Zelda "Great! I'm excited."

Imp 😈 "I'll ask! Not that I need permission tho 😏"

pUrAh 🧪"Check it! It will be great fun! I'm in!"

Imp 😈"You never asked mom!!"

pUrAh 🧪"..........Ok.. Let's ask together! United group!!"

Imp 😈" fine 🙄"

Paya 🌸" I asked and my mom said I could if Impa and Purah's mom agrees. 🙂"

Zelda "Great.. I need to take a nap.. Didn't sleep well so I'll talk to you later."*

I turn off my phone completely before they answer so I can sleep without interruption. I'm too tired to leave the couch so I decided to just fall asleep.

I wake in a cold sweat, my heart pounding against my chest, tears running down the sides of my face. "Zelda! What's wrong?!!?" Father asks running into the room. "Oh my gods...I'm alright... It was just a nightmare." I gasp, sitting up, starting to sob. "Oh.. Zelda.." He mutters taking a seat on the couch. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to frighten you." I mumble, hugging him tightly. "Don't be. You've been through a traumatic experience and you're going to need time to heal.." he says calmly, hugging me back. I don't answer, I just sit there and try to suppress my sobs. "Zelda.. I think you should leave for England in two days.. I feel it would be best. Have your friends answered?"

"I don't know.. I should check... and tell them the date change..." I say letting go of him. He nods standing. "I'll be in my study."

"Alright." I grumble laying back down. I grab my phone, turning it back on. I open my texts to find many responses.

*Imp 😈" Bye Zelds 😄 love ya."

pUrAh 🧪"Nighty Night Zel Zel!"

Paya 🌸"It makes sense why you didn't sleep well. Hope you sleep better this time."* I smile, feeling a bit better.

*Zelda" thank you but it might have been worse... I had a nightmare and... well we will actually be leaving in two days... Can you guys come or not?"

Lonk 😎" My mom said I could.. If my dad agrees, he just got home so I'll ask him right now, give me a sec."

Zelda" Ok thank you... For being on top of things 😊"

Imp 😈" I CAN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🎉 🎉"

pUrAh 🧪"YEA!!!! Which means Paya can go!"

Paya 🌸" Yup I just got the news from my mom! Very excited, can't wait for Zelda to show us around 🙂"

Zelda"now we are waiting for you Link."

Lonk 😎"I can go.. But I have to pay for my flight."

Zelda".... Actually no one has to... My father owns a private jet..."

Lonk 😎" really???????????!!!!!!! Cool! See you in two days 😁"*

I smile, setting my phone down. I get up walking to fathers study.

I knock on the door. "Come in." I hear him call from the other side of the door. I enter with an excited smile on my face. "All of them can go." I smile brightly. "That's great." he smiles going back to his work. "You really want me to go.. Don't you..?" I mutter seeing the look on his face. "No, I want you to stay... but I believe this is what's best for you... your mother would have wanted you to go." he answers looking into my eyes. "Thank you..." I smile closing the door behind me as I leave the room.

☀️Two days latter ☀️

I stand outside my house with Father, waiting for the car to pull up with my friends, my luggage already inside. I start to rock back and forth on the balls of my feet in anticipation. "Nervous?" father asks. "Just a little." I nod. "No need to be." He smiles, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You're right.." I answer with a small sigh, right as the limo pulls up. I jump up and down with excitement as the driver gets out of the car. "Miss." He says opening the door for me. "Wow, so fancy." I hear Impa say as I get in the car. "EEEEEEK!!!" Purah screams, giving me a tight hug as I sit down next to her. "Hey Purah." I laugh as the driver closes the door. "Z-z-zelda, it's s-s-so great to see y-y-you." Paya smiles sweetly. "And you." I smile as she sits next to me. "Alright alright!! My turn to say hello!" Impa says angrily. "Hello to you too." I laugh, giving her a playful grin. "Hey.." Link smiles tilting his head to the side. "Hi." I smile, my cheeks turning a light red.

I was so busy with hello's I didn't even know the car had started moving. After our hello's we start talking and laughing. "You know! You know! When you were missing Link would stop moping and it was getting a little annoying!" Impa laughs smacking my arm. "Oh really?" I ask, smiling at him. "Well... you know..." He says rubbing the back of his neck. "That's actually very sweet.. And Impa we can call it what it is.. I wasn't missing-"

"NO!! Don't say it!!! You'll make me cry!" Impa shouts covering my mouth. I grab her hand pulling it off my mouth. "Ok ok.. I won't say it.. But can we please refer to it as what it is?" I ask, feeling my throat constrict as I try not to let tears come to my eyes. "I would prefer if we didn't talk about this.." Link says uncomfortably. "I-I-I would to..." Paya adds. "Yes, agreed." I answer. "Ok.. Is it true that the weather in England is always rainy?" Impa asks, giving me a wink. 'How does she always know what to say?' I think smiling. "Yes. And I've missed it. I love the rain and the long walks and it's so very beautiful." I smile.

After the car ride we made it to the plane, most of us filled with excitement. The car ride was very eventful! Link has been in shock the whole car ride... after we told him about me being an actual princess... and soon to be heir to the throne. We get onto the plane and Link is just sitting there, mouth agape as he sits across from me. "Link... say something.. Please!" I say leaning forward, placing my hand on the side of his face. "I... I'm just surprised... I.. I mean I knew but I didn't know.." He finally says, finally blinking. "I didn't mean to startle you.. And I never said anything because... well I didn't want you to flip out.." I giggle seeing the look on his face. "I understand.. And I am freaking out.. Just a little..." He chuckles nervously. "Link..." .

"Zelda, don't worry.. I just need a moment.." He says placing his hand on mine. "Ok..." I mutter standing up. "I'm going to go get something for us to eat.

Impa's Pov:

I watch as Zelda stands up and walks away. I get up, quickly taking her seat. "So... you seem shocked." I smile looking at his face. "Well.. I am just a little." He sighs rubbing his eyes. "Don't be, She's still the same old Zelda that you totally have a crush on!!" I laugh looking at his unfazed face. "So am I right??" I ask eagerly. "If I like someone I want them to be the first to know."

"So you do like someone." I grin, raising my eyebrows up and down. "Maybe."

"You know.. Your fans will lose their SHIT!! If they find out!!!!" I laugh. "IMPA DON'T SWEAR!!!" Zelda yells from some other part of the plane/jet thing. Link and I both look at each other and I just burst out laughing as he chuckles lightly. Purah and Paya both start laughing as well, as Zelda comes over with a tray of food.

Zelda's Pov:

"Alright move." I say to Impa with a funny glare. "Sorry, your highness." She says getting up and giving me a small bow. "Shut up." I growl sitting down, placing the tray on my lap. Link get's up sitting next to me. "Here let's watch a movie." He says pulling out the stuff. "Alright." I smile.

After a while we are both comfortable and laughing at the movie. I smile, laying my head on his shoulder and I can feel him tense up.. But after a moment he lays his head on mine and I end up falling asleep.

When I wake it's all dark and Link is resting peacefully next to me, Impa, Purah and Paya asleep also. "Mmmh. Link..?" I mumble tapping his shoulder. "Hmm???!!" He grumbles opening his eyes quickly. "Sorry.. I didn't mean to wake you.. But I just.. Don't like to be awake alone anymore.." I sigh sadly. "No, no. It's ok.. It's ok I understand." he mutters, adjusting his position. "We have to have a conversation or I'll fall asleep again." He says, closing his eyes. "Um Link when you meet my grandparents.. I want you to know that they will.... Bombard you with personal questions and... they can be very persuasive so just be prepared." I say turning to look at him. He opens his eyes curiously. "What kind of questions?"

"Well like for example... They will ask if your... dating me." I say shyly. "Oh.."

"Yea...."

"Well.. I'll just answer truthfully then.." He says, closing his eyes, his voice becoming thick with drowsiness. "Link.." I mutter. "Hm?"

"Will you hold my hand? Just until I fall asleep?"

"Sure." He says taking my hand in his, his thumb passing over the top of my hand. "Link?"

"Yea?"

"Sorry.. Last thing, but will you sing to me?"

"Sure. what would you like me to sing?" He says cheerfully. "Anything you want. I just need to know you're here."

"I understand I wouldn't want to be alone after what happened."

"Thank you for understanding, It means everything to me."

"Don't thank me. Now do you want me to sing or not?" He chuckles lightly. "Right right. Sorry." I giggle gently, laying my head back onto his shoulder. "Wise men say,

only fools rush in.

But I can't help falling in love with you.

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin?

If I Can't help falling in love with you.

Like a river flows,

surely to the sea.

Darling so it goes,

Some things are meant to be.

Take my hand,

take my whole life too.

For I can't help falling in love with you-" And that's the last thing I hear before falling back asleep.

I wake to the sound of Impa's voice and her shaking me awake. "Oh gods! Zelda, you scared us half to death!!!!! I thought you would never wake up!" She gasps tears streaming down her face. I sit up looking around to see Paya and Purah crying as well and Link has tears in his eyes. "What's going on.. Why are you crying?" I ask, very very confused. "You wouldn't wake up.. I was shaking you and shaking you.. It was like you were in a sleep that you would never wake up from." She sobs falling into my lap. "Impa I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I just haven't slept in a week and I guess the tiredness just got to me.... I'm sorry." I smile sadly, hugging her tightly. "I didn't mean to scare you.. Any of you." I say as Purah, and Paya hug me tightly. "I.. I need a minute." Link says, his voice breaking as he leaves quickly. "I need to go talk to him." I say getting up as they let go of me, all of them nodding. I follow to where he went. To find him in the bathroom.. I can hear him sobbing on the other side of the door. "Link...Link will you open the door, please." I mutter. He opens the door, tears streaming down his face, he looks so broken... powerless even. "Are you alright?" I ask my voice becoming low and soft. "I thought I was watching you die... Zelda you looked lifeless.. I was so scared.. Lost even." He says pinching the bridge of his nose. "Don't.. Don't try to stop the tears." I whisper, taking his hand from his nose. "I can't watch that.. I can't go through that again." He chokes in painful sobs, as he pulls me into a tight hug. "I know.. And I'm sorry. So so sorry." I say hugging him tightly. "I know it's painful.. And I'm sorry, I couldn't.. Didn't mean to."

"Stop apologizing, I know you couldn't help it." He whispers his warm tears drenching my shoulder. "Don't scare me like that again. I can't lose you, not again. Not ever!" he sighs, pulling away, placing his hands on the sides of my face, kissing my forehead. "Please, please, please don't ever do that to me. Never never ever."

"I won't. I would never do that to you. I'm sorry." I say kissing his cheek. "I still need a sec." He says letting go of me, going back into the bathroom. "Alright take your time." I smile, walking back to Impa and the others. "I-I-Is he alright?" Paya asks. "He just needs a minute." I reply sitting down. "I would be pretty upset if I was in his shoes, watching that." Purah says in a squeaky pain filled voice. "What do you mean 'his shoes'?" I ask my curiosity, peaking. "I mean we all love you... but not the way he does. He really really started panicking. I thought he was going to break something.. He started to cry.. I've never even seen him look confused or shocked or any kind of emotion really. He started yelling and screaming, he looked so scared...." Purah finishes starting to tear up again. "How long was it till I woke up?"

"About 15 minutes." Impa answers. "Gods I need a drink." She mumbles sitting down. "Impa!"

"Like a root beer. Ok? Chill." She grins. "And I could use a nap." I joke as she glares at me.

Link came back after a few minutes and the rest of the plane ride went smoothly and we finally landed yay!! Exciting! And now another long car ride. "Really?! Another car ride!! It's so late! And where are we even staying??!!" Impa growls with annoyance. "We're either staying with my grandparents or we can go to a hotel. Who wants to do what? Also just so you know my grandparents will try very very hard to get me to stay with them and will want you guys to get a hotel so I recommend we all get a hotel for the night and figure it out in the morning." I say, waving to the driver to wait a little longer. "We're going to a hotel!!!" Impa and Purah say loudly. "You can see your grandparents in the morning!!!" Impa yells shoving me into the car, everyone getting in behind her as the driver puts our things in the back.

After a 20 minute ride we make it to a very nice hotel. "OH MY GODS! It looks like a castle!!!!!" Purah yells, shoving her face against the window. It starts to rain and we all get out as quickly as possible, grabbing our things, sprinting inside. "Wait here I say grabbing my wallet. "I'll come with you." Link says, placing his hands into his hoodie pockets. "But who will protect us?" Impa pouts, batting her eyelashes."Y-You will." Paya smiles, giving Impa a joking look. I walk away not wanting to stay awake a minute longer. Link and I come to the counter, hitting the bell. "How can I help you ma'am?" A tall middle aged man with a funny looking hat and an even funnier smile says, placing his elbow on the table. His accent is American hens his use of the word ma'am.. "We would like connecting rooms please."

"We only have two rooms down the hall from each other; everything else is either reserved or in use. We are in high demand lately." He says, giving a sympathetic smile. "That's alright. We'll take them."

"Alrighty two rooms for the cute couple. Rooms 340 and 349." He says winking at the redness of my cheeks from his comment. He hands me one key and Link the other. As we walk back to the others I take a glance at Link, seeing a small smirk on his face. 'Oh gods! He's looking! I thought I was sneaking a glance!' I think looking away embarrassedly. "What's with you two?" Impa asks smirking widely. "Nothing! We're on the third floor." I say, trying to change the topic as quickly as possible.

We make it to the hallway with our rooms. "I'll room with Link, Zelda, you can watch Purah and Paya." Impa says, taking Link's arm and leading him down the hall. "See you in the morning!" Purah yells after them. "P-P-Purah! Shhh! P-p-people are sleeping." Paya hisses in a concerned tone, as I unlock and open the door to our room. I don't take much time to look around and just go past the couch and the dividing wall over to the two beds and flop down on one. I drop my bag on the floor and just sit on my stomach for a moment. "I'm going to shower." I mutter lazily getting off the bed and grabbing my bag as Purah riffles through her.... Many many bags. "A-alright." Paya says, getting on the other bed.

After a nice shower I brush my hair and teeth before checking my phone. The screen still cracked from when I dropped it.... That night... 'No new texts' I think, getting into bed and falling asleep quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 1.1K 38
Princess Zelda, her trusty knight, Link, and her fellow champions of Hyrule go on a desperate mission to find and defeat Calamity Ganon. However, whe...
36.1K 1K 12
Zelda and Link meet at school before a test. Link is severely sleep-deprived, and Zelda's friend is out sick. While usually an introvert, Link's tire...
37.1K 714 25
~.* ...๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™๐™š๐™ง, ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ? ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™—๐™– ๐™–๐™จ๐™ ๐™š๐™™, ๐™–๐™ง๐™ข๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ง๐™ค๐™จ๐™จ๐™š๐™™. *.~. ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ค๐™—๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ, ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ...
5.7K 100 9
A modern AU of Botw! Link just moved in, hoping no one knows him... but he's wrong. He is a popular Sports player. Zelda thinks he is a stuck up know...