The Master Spy (Spy Kyoushits...

By keishirogane08

Caelus who goes by the codename "Prince" is a spy who was assigned to join a spy team known as Lamplight. He... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Additional File
Additional File No. 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 16

320 12 3
By keishirogane08

3rd POV. Mitario City, Mouzaia.

The United States of Mouzaia is currently the largest superpower in the world.

It is said that the country never directly participated in the Great War. Instead they sold weapons and supplies to the Allies.

This helped Mouzaia's economy to bloom.

In one of Mouzaia's cities on the West Coast.

Mitario, a city with tall skyscrapers, and is composed of wealthy pedestrians.

A city of luxury.

Caelus: I knew I heard stories about the city itself.

Caelus: I never imagined it would be this beautiful.

Caelus: But I don't have time for sightseeing.

Caelus: My investigation led me here.

Caelus: Purple Ant.....a member of the Galgad Empire Spy Team, Serpent.

Caelus: The spy team that eliminated Inferno.

Caelus: Now then....

Caelus: For what I know, this Purple Ant works very unique from all the spies I encountered and assassinated.

Caelus: And basically, Mitario, the city where I'm currently in as of this moment.....

Caelus: Is his kingdom.

Caelus: A King Ant if I would say.

Caelus: And I can totally sense multiple operatives here. This can only be about Purple Ant's subordinates and the spies who were gathered here for a very important event.

Caelus: The Tolfa Economic Conference.

Caelus: A conference with renowed politicians who will be gathered to talk about economic matters.

Caelus: That is what the masses know. Heh. But it is just a political squabble about economy.

Caelus: As much as I want to investigate the conference itself, that is not aligned with my mission as of now.

Caelus: Now then......

Caelus: I knew someone has been following me for a few minutes the moment I set foot upon this place.

Caelus: Heh.

Caelus: I am codename — Shadow, time to unravel the secrets of the Abyss.

Caelus continued to act ignorant as he pretends to walk into a trap.

Once he pretended to walk into that trap, his expected target came to get him.

His target brought him to a secluded building, until......

Caelus sprang into action, and pinned down his target.

Operative 1: AGH!

Caelus: Speak or you shall experience a fate worse than death.

Caelus: You're an operative working under a spy? Are you not?

Operative 1: Eek! H-How did you—

Caelus: Relax, mate. If you give me the information that I want, I'll make sure you will be free.

Operative 1: R-Really!? Even though I'm waiting for a black haired hero?

Caelus: Black haired hero? Who on earth are you talking about? Besides, if you are under captive of a spy, a spy will also have to save your ass.

Caelus: Not a hero. Unfortunately for you, I am not a hero.

Caelus: But I'll make sure you'll be walking free.

Operative 1: F-Fine! Fine! Alright! Alright! Just get me out of this mess!

Caelus: Good. Now, mind telling me who you're working for? What's their name and face?

Operative 1: His name is Purple Ant.

Caelus: Looks like I hit the mark.

Operative 1: He possesses dark violet hair, wears a white suit with purple scarf.

Operative 1: He always use a weapon that sends out electricity.

Caelus: A taser.

Operative 1: It looks like a weapon!

Caelus: Doesn't matter. A modified taser it is.

Caelus: Anyways, I believe there are still others who are working with you.

Operative 1: Y-Yes! Yes! We are called the "Worker Ants" and that guy is the King!

Caelus: Just as I expected from the intel I gathered.

Caelus: And now......time to investigate what lies behind their actions.

Caelus: Oh, yeah. Right. Before that. I have to introduce myself.

Caelus: I am codename — Angel, your requiem has begun.

And Caelus killed the Worker Ant he captured and left no traces of the murder nor the body itself.

Caelus: The price for endangering the lives of this peaceful city, is nothing but a fate worse than death.

Caelus went to investigate the news and he was sure that he found a lot of information.

String murders, suspicious deaths, and disappearances.

Caelus: They're probably connected to Purple Ant, but in what way. I have to capture another Worker Ant. It seemed to me that they weren't trained to be spies.

Caelus: I sensed the fear in their voice and when I captured that Worker Ant, he said that he is waiting for the Black Haired Hero to save them.

Caelus: Hmmm, the Black Haired Hero must've been a rumor that was spread among them.

Caelus: And that must be connected to thw formation of these Worker Ants. Wanting to be saved, it seems like Purple Ant coerced them to work under him.

Caelus: Thus they were called as Worker Ants.

Caelus: Damn you, Purple Ant. I swear. I will hunt you down and send you to the deepest depths of the Abyss.

Caelus: It's time you pay for your sins back then, and for the sins you'll collect in the future!

Caelus: Upon this Blue Rose Sword, I will collect your debt.

Caelus began investigating the situation and by capturing a few more Worker Ants, he got a bigger picture.

Caelus: Unforgivable. Using once ordinary people and turning them into spy killers. Then using their families or something precious to them as leverage to do Purple Ant's bidding.....

Caelus: I have to report this back to Teach. After all, this is the place of our next Impossible Mission. I was sent here to prepare.

Caelus: I've done all I can for now. The Tolfa Conference is just about five days from now on.

Caelus: I have to lay low for the time being. I will definitely gather the attention of Purple Ant if I keep this up.

Caelus: .....

Caelus: All I have to investigate next is the Black Haired Hero that these Worker Ants have been babbling about before they die.

Caelus: If anything else, someone must've spread that rumor amongst them.

Caelus: This is probably just like how my mother, was retold when she was still Ember of Inferno.

Caelus: My intuition tells me that it is someone connected to Inferno.

Caelus: And they were wiped out a few months ago. I'd better check on the records once I conclude my investigation here.

Caelus: Considering that Purple Ant is a member of Serpent, the Galgad Empire's spy team.

Caelus: The spy team that took out most members of Inferno.

Caelus: I got to get to the bottom of this so that when the time comes......

Caelus: I can protect them.

Caelus: Heh. Seems like you rubbed on your attitude on me. Didn't you, Teach?

Caelus began to investigate the Black Haired Hero but to no avail.

He kind of expected it. Yet he knows it was probably some kind of a code as well.

So he decided to put it on hold for a while.

Three days before the Tolfa Conference, Caelus went to the Foreign Intelligence Office and asked for information about what happened to the members of Inferno.

Specifically their last known mission.

And Caelus found the key piece.

Caelus: Veronika. Codename: Hearth. The former boss of Inferno.

Caelus: She was assigned at Mitario during her mission.

Caelus: It was said that when her body was returned, her heart was gouged out. She also received multiple gunshot wounds around her body. The bullet wound on her forehead was the killing blow.

Caelus: Hearth.....I heard about Teach telling me that Hearth was actually the bestfriend of my mother.

Caelus: Let's see.....her photo....

Caelus pulls out a photo of Hearth, and it was a woman with red hair and a scar on her cheek.

Caelus: !?

Caelus: Wait a minute! This woman! I remember now! She visited our home when I was around five years old!

Caelus: I caught a very bad fever during that time.

Caelus: I remember now, she visited Mom. I was half-asleep during that time.

Caelus: And based from what I remember.......they were giggling and laughing over so many things.

Caelus: So....that was Ms. Hearth. I met her, although not properly.

Caelus: Now then......I'd better pass this intel to Teach.

And when Klaus received the information from Caelus......

He gathered all of Lamplight to give them the briefing of their next Impossible Mission.

And when they knew that all of Lamplight will participate upon this major mission....

Lily: What about Caelus? Isn't he on a different mission?

Klaus: Caelus was actually given a mission to gather intel in Mouzaia.

Klaus: He provided me the intel and it was already a lot, considering he just went there for almost a week now.

Monika: So that's why he's missing for a week?

Grete: To think you never informed us of his mission.

Klaus: Caelus wanted to be anonymous.

Klaus: I'm sorry. It was his request. He said that he'll pave a way for us.

Klaus: And he magnificently did it.

Klaus: And the information about Purple Ant.......he even got that particular incident.

Klaus: Come to think of it.....what is Caelus' special ability?

Klaus: Although I can really tell that he's just like Monika who is a Master of None.....

Klaus: Monika even said that she can never surpass someone like Caelus.

Klaus: "I felt like he's in a realm beyond ours."

Klaus: That is what I also felt when Ember was still with us.

Klaus: Different from the rest.

Klaus: A spy among spies.

Klaus: With the intel that Caelus provided, my task will be much lighter than before.

Klaus: But I know there is still work to be done. He is probably laying a low profile as he knows that if he went further, he'll be discovered by Purple Ant.

Klaus: Caelus is someone who knows when to retreat, and strike back.

Klaus: That is why I never underestimated him. Because the moment he retreats, I'll never know what's going on within his mind.

Klaus: He is an abyss that no one will ever come to understand.

Thea: But I'm worried for his safety. Not to mention, he's been shouldering that danger all alone.

Klaus: I also share your worries, Thea.

Klaus: But just like when we infiltrated Endy Laboratory, Caelus will be fine.

Klaus: He's already a respectable spy on his own right.

Klaus: And with his strength right now......

Klaus: It's already safe to say, that he already surpassed me a long time ago.

Lamplight: What!?

Sybilla: Surpassed you!?

Klaus: Yes. He's already approaching the same strength when Ember was at their peak.

Monika: There it goes again. Can you just spill the beans on who Ember actually is?

Klaus: ...

Klaus: I guess it really is time.

Klaus: Ember's true name is Anastasia.

Erna: Wait......Teach.....you don't mean.....!

Klaus: She is Caelus' mother.

Lily: The woman on that photo!

Lily: That was Ember!?

Klaus: Yes. It is really a coincidence that Caelus became a spy.

Klaus: As for the reason why, it must be connected to what happened 10 years ago.

Klaus: I can tell you all about Ember from what I can remember.

Klaus: But I won't do that. Not until Caelus is here.

Klaus: After all, he has all the right to know.

Lily: Then.....about the sword that Caelus was using.....

Lily: The Blue Rose Sword, was that from.....

Klaus: That was Ember's sword. Unfortunately, I don't have any information about the sword either.

Klaus: When Ember joined Inferno, she already have that sword in her possession.

Klaus: Perhaps it was a family heirloom. I guess when Ember hid that sword......it was meant for the members of her family.

Klaus: Caelus being her son.....it makes sense that it shall be passed down on him.

Klaus: Moving on. Caelus gathered valuable intel and we will have to make do of the intel he provided to us.

Klaus: I pray that he'll be safe.

Meanwhile......back to Caelus.

Somewhere within Mouzaia.

Caelus: I never expected you to be here, Dad.

Gerard: Of course.

Gerard: I made contact with the Foreign Intelligence Office. They accepted me and I am now a secret agent working there.

Gerard: And since I have experience in espionage, I was assigned with the Intelligence Division.

Caelus: I see.

Gerard: I was sent here 5 days ago.

Gerard: And with the upcoming Tolfa Conference, this place will become a battlefield among spies.

Caelus: I already got the information about missing people and unusual murders.

Gerard: That is the work of Purple Ant.

Caelus: What!?

Gerard: Be careful Caelus. If you already encountered some of these so called "Worker Ants" or spy killers....

Gerard: Better inform your team about them as soon as possible.

Gerard: Because this city is under Purple Ant's control.

Gerard: And I was given the task to handle this mission to you, Caelus.

Gerard hands over a piece of paper to Caelus.

Caelus: You're kidding me.

Gerard: I would not. The reason why the higher ups sent you here earlier than the rest of your team is to gather more information about your target.

Gerard: And let me update that to you, son.

Gerard: Your mission is to assassinate an Imperial Spy.

Gerard: His codename is Purple Ant, a member of the Imperial Spy Team, Inferno.

Gerard: And he is the one who murdered Inferno's Boss, Hearth.

Caelus: You know about Inferno!?

Gerard: Of course. Even back when I was a soldier, their name is known to the division I belonged to.

Gerard: And now, you and your team are following Inferno's footsteps.

Gerard: Caelus.....

Gerard: Kill Purple Ant.

Gerard: You're the only one who can kill that bastard.

Caelus: I will, Dad. After all....

Caelus: On that day......

Caelus: When Magnolia was attacked.....

Caelus: Purple Ant was there........

Caelus: And he's the one......

Caelus: Who ended mother's life.

Gerard: Is that so.....

Gerard stands up and pats Caelus' shoulder.

Gerard: Then bring that bastard to the deepest depths of hell.

Caelus: Upon mother's Blue Rose Sword.....

Caelus: He shall bow down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 515 18
Ben and his crew are sent to another mission, this time, in New York. But will the big city of dreams only bring danger to Ben, as they begin to try...
3.7K 124 20
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) After waking up in a coffin, Ciel finds himself in Night Raven College with little to not that much of his memori...
619K 20.6K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
43.9K 2K 43
Lucien Valentin, a self-proclaimed outcast, is now trying to expand his none-existing social circle. It's not too late to start socializing now that...