happier than ever

michealhehee

"๐–‹๐–š๐–ˆ๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–๐–Š๐–‘๐–‘, ๐–Ž ๐–†๐–‘๐–œ๐–†๐–ž๐–˜ ๐–‘๐–Š๐–™ ๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–ž๐–™๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–‡๐–Š ๐–†๐–‡๐–”๐–š๐–™ ๐–ž๐–”๐–š! ๐–Ž ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐–•๏ฟฝ... ะ•ั‰ะต

แด€แดœแด›สœแดส€'๊œฑ ษดแดแด›แด‡
apple slices
addiction
fixable
bad day, worse day
family dinner
chosen truths
slow mornings
georgesmp
new book smell
mess-up
floral shirts
driving home under the influence
i'm so sorry
omniscient
feeding
measuring worth
sweeter dreams
out in the open/vulnerable
normal people things
minecraft beds
now or never

แด€แดœแด›สœแดส€'๊œฑ ษดแดแด›แด‡

72 10 47
michealhehee

thank you for reading happier than ever

✼ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛꜱ ✼

𝐈. character notes

𝐈𝐈. questions

𝐈𝐈𝐈. new book! / goodbye and thank you

𝐈. character notes

before each story, i write character profiles to help myself build up the storyline/ personalities and stuff, and i always like sharing them in the ending author's note because they're a bit like a prologue that explains the characters.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹karl

karl is 17.

karl is diagnosed with depression and is on medication for it. he refuses the doctor's advice for therapy. he also has an undiagnosed eating disorder until the events that occur during the book.

karl's dad left before he was born, and the older man's absence has never really affected him. his childhood and school life were very good which is why his mom, elena, struggles to grasp the concept of his mental illnesses.

his mother is sweet, but she thinks that teens exaggerate their feelings to be trendy/different, because 'everyone has mental illnesses nowadays'. because of this, she arguably doesn't offer karl as much support as she could despite his diagnosis.

this changes after the events of the book when she realises the severity of her son's problems.

karl identifies as pansexual.

karl has an older sibling, elix, who came out as non-binary when karl was only 6, so it's really all he has ever known.

elix cares about karl more than they would admit but, like any sibling, they like to make jokes. karl made his mom promise not to tell elix about karl's mh, so the older sibling often makes jokes that they wouldn't had they been more educated. they don't understand the effect of what they are saying.

elix's fiancé, adam, also has not been told about karl's mh. however, he used to suffer from bulimia, and so he sees all the signs in karl and is able to make educated guesses.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹sapnap

sapnap is 17 and identifies as gay.

he used to identify as bisexual but came to terms with the fact that he just used that label because it felt safer after meeting karl.

sapnap is a diagnosed insomniac but he doesn't take his prescription meds because they make him lethargic, tired throughout the day, and, he says, sad. this can have negative effects on his everyday life, but he doesn't care. still, he is tired a lot.

sapnap also has a tendency to be late to things.

sapnap is dating karl and knows all about his mh and tries his hardest to help whenever he can.

sapnap never used to care about school until recently, when karl encouraged him to genuinely try, so now he has to put a lot more work in to try and catch up with everyone else.

sapnap's parents had a divorce when he was 5 and he still sees and loves them both. he has lived with his mom and stepdad since he was 8.

sapnap stopped seeing his dad in person when he came out as gay. the older man didn't disown him, but he clearly didn't approve and their conversations are all awkward and forced now.

he has a step-sister, alyssa, who he gets along with really well. they have sleepovers on days when his insomnia is really bad, or sometimes for her if she is struggling with something.

sapnap is really close with his stepdad's dad (mike, or pops) who bought him his first car. for his last birthday, pops got him a gay-pride air freshener that hangs in his car.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹dream

dream is 17.

his parents are never around because they are too busy with their company. they never cared about him or looked after him after the age of 11, so he has very bad attachment issues.

his worst attachment is to his boyfriend, george. they do everything together and george practically lives with him.

dream's parents have completely forgotten his birthday for the last 4 years and, sometimes, the only way he will know that they are even still around is because he will receive his monthly direct debit of money for food and living.

dream notices everything. he knows every secret of every person - nothing gets through him.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹george

george has a poor relationship with his parents, but they don't even seem to notice it.

from the minute george was born, he was always second place to his older sister, hannah. they prefer her and prioritise her to the point where they often push george aside and he is completely forgotten about.

hannah can see the favouritism and it frustrates her too but there is nothing she can do about it. she uses it to their advantage, asking their parents for money and then sending it right on to george.

george constantly stays at dream's house so that he can avoid his parents.

his libido is very high.

george met karl in an art lesson and was the one who introduced the brunette to the rest of the group. they immediately clicked, and george easily considered him as his best friend.

george often struggles because, since karl and sapnap got together, he has never really felt like the brunette's best friend. it hurt because he always saw karl as his number 1 but karl never saw him as his.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹punz

punz is 17 and sapnap's best friend.

he is a closeted biromantic asexual.

when punz was 9, his mom passed away in a car crash. because of this, he has a lot of trauma with cars and driving safely, and he also clings to his dad with everything he has in him. in his eyes, his dad is all he has left.

this is even despite the fact that his dad is often very aggressive and it worsens when he drinks (which happens a lot, since the older man has serious problems with alcoholism). his dad would never hit him and he genuinely does love punz, he just isn't mentally okay, not ever since his wife died.

punz has problems with smoking and vaping but he doesn't let it affect his school and social life. his addiction is a secret and he thinks no one knows but dream does and just doesn't say anything because he doesn't want it to become an issue.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹foolish

18.

foolish is new to the school and kind of reserved because he doesn't know anyone yet. he mainly stays in the library.

foolish loves to read love stories.

the brunette stays behind late after school every day for around 30 minutes because his dad can't pick him up until then. he spends this time just reading and he can't easily walk because he lives far from school.

foolish left his old school because his mom needed to move for work.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ bad 

bad has high-functioning autism (previously diagnosed as aspergers).

he gets hyper-fixed on things and it uses lots of his energy, he also gets very excited and has a hand-flapping stim. bad struggles with reading emotions and he is not good in social situations because of his social awkwardness. he also doesn't understand sarcasm in the slightest.

bad has a good relationship with his mom and he has a younger brother (charlie) who is five.

charlie is also autistic, but he is on the cognitivally lower end of the spectrum. he is a selective mute and his lack of talking has led to him having delayed progress with his speech and so he is much further behind other kids his age. he hates light touch.

bad has no social life so, one time, his mom convinced him to go to one of his school football games. he didn't understand or enjoy the game but he saw skeppy playing and has liked him ever since. he always mentally referred to skeppy as number 14 because that's the number on his jersey.

he doesn't understand sexuality/labels so he doesn't have any.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ skeppy

skeppy seems like a basic, popular, hot guy.

he has lots of friends but none of them are loyal to him, they all just stay together to be popular. really, if given the chance, skeppy would happily drop his group for a genuine friendship but no one new ever approaches him because they think he is just some prick jock.

skeppy is a closeted bisexual and he is scared to come out because he thinks it will ruin his reputation and that is all he has.

the ravenette likes being important at school because it distracts him from the reality he has outside of school.

his family are very poor so he never invites popular friends over in case they make fun of him. he earns his money working in a small, privately owned café, but he doesn't get to keep much of it to himself as he has to put a lot of it towards food shops etc.

his parents are 60 and 75. he loves them both endlessly and he used to spend all his time with his dad in their little garden playing football (which is how he got into it) but his dad doesn't have the energy for that anymore.

his parents' views are a little aged, but they try their best to be correct in today's age. they are kind and accepting.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ alyssa

alyssa is 19.

she is aromantic but hasn't told her parents because she saw what happened with sapnap and his dad and doesn't want people to be disappointed with her and create distance.

she knows her family want her to get married and have kids one day, especially since sapnap may not have biological kids, and she is worried they will be upset that she doesn't want that.

she is very creatively talented

alyssa is very sensitive and gets upset easily – it is a trait she got from her birth mother, who she no longer talks to because she was manipulative/emotionally abusive.

𝐈𝐈. questions

if there are any plot holes or you just have a random question about the story/ characters, then lmk here and i'll answer asap →

𝐈𝐈𝐈. new book! // goodbye and thank you

thank you so much for reading, i hope you enjoyed happier than ever and (if you read the original) i hope this was endlessly better.

MY NEXT BOOK IS COMING AAAAA! it's called twelve days of christmas and i'm posting it right after this, so be ready for that because it will be awesome <3

if you did enjoy, make sure to check out my other books and my ao3 (michealhehee)

leave a vote on this chapter if you're cool

anyway, goodbye reader! i hope to see you in another book :]

one last time...

i love you

-kit

ะŸั€ะพะดะพะปะถะธั‚ัŒ ั‡ั‚ะตะฝะธะต

ะ’ะฐะผ ั‚ะฐะบะถะต ะฟะพะฝั€ะฐะฒะธั‚ัั

under one roof kit

ะคะฐะฝั„ะธะบ

6.3K 242 23
"๐–Œ๐–š๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜ ๐–œ๐–๐–†๐–™," ๐–‰๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–’ ๐–ˆ๐–๐–Ž๐–—๐–•๐–Š๐–‰, ๐–’๐–Ž๐–“๐–‰๐–‘๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–‘๐–ž ๐–‹๐–Ž๐–‰๐–Œ๐–Š๐–™๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–œ๐–Ž๐–™๐– ๐–”๐–“๐–Š ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–’๐–†๐–“๐–ž ๐–‡๐–‘๐–”๐–‡ ๐–‹๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–š๐–—๐–Ž๏ฟฝ...
the other version kit

ะคะฐะฝั„ะธะบ

2K 139 17
"๐–‰๐–Ž๐–‰๐–“'๐–™ ๐–Š๐–๐–•๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–ž๐–”๐–š ๐–™๐–” ๐–‡๐–Š ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–Œ๐–š๐–ž ๐–œ๐–๐–” ๐–‰๐–—๐–Ž๐–›๐–Š๐–˜ ๐–† ๐–‹๐–Ž๐–†๐–™," ๐–Œ๐–Š๐–”๐–—๐–Œ๐–Š ๐–˜๐–ˆ๐–”๐–‹๐–‹๐–˜ ๐–†๐–˜ ๐–๐–Š ๐–“๐–Š๐–†๐–—...
go big or go home kit

ะคะฐะฝั„ะธะบ

2.7K 385 30
๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–Ž๐–“๐– ๐–‘๐–”๐–”๐–๐–˜ ๐–˜๐–” ๐–‰๐–†๐–—๐– ๐–†๐–Œ๐–†๐–Ž๐–“๐–˜๐–™ ๐–๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–•๐–†๐–‘๐–Š ๐–˜๐–๐–Ž๐–“, ๐–Ž๐–“๐–™๐–—๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–†๐–™๐–Š ๐–‘๐–Ž๐–“๐–Š๐–˜ ๐–˜๐–Š๐–Š๐–•๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–”๐–š๐–™ ๐–‹๐–—๐–”๐–’ ๐–š๐–“๐–‰๐–Š...
distracted kit

ะคะฐะฝั„ะธะบ

22.5K 917 32
๐–˜๐–†๐–•๐–“๐–†๐–• ๐–‹๐–Š๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–œ๐–”๐–—๐–‰๐–˜ ๐–‘๐–Š๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐–๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–’๐–”๐–š๐–™๐–. ๐–๐–Š ๐–‰๐–”๐–Š๐–˜๐–“'๐–™ ๐–๐–“๐–”๐–œ ๐–๐–”๐–œ ๐–™๐–” ๐–˜๐–•๐–Š๐–†๐–- ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“ ๐–Ž๐–‹ ๐–๐–Š...