Two Americans Go to Ouran

By Karmitara

What happens when two American transfer students go to Ouran Academy? What will the Host Club think of them? More

A New School, A New Life
Something New Around Every Corner
Saved by the Ootori
Shopping Center
Sick
Tripping
You're What?!
Preparing
Ootori
Love with a Side of Crazy
Date as 'Friends'
And so, it Begins
Sleepovers and Love Confessions
Happy Birthday Shae
Money and Tour Guides
When You Love Someone, All Your Saved Up Wishes Come Out
Happy Birthday, Kate
Valentine's Day Special
***FABULOUS***

Just a Game

175 5 44
By Karmitara

A/N: Whoa... So this chapter is probably going to be the longest thing I have ever written!! Dude! Like, seriously! I didn't want it to be this long, and I had other plans for happenings in this chapter, but that didn't really work out... ^_^' But when do things ever go as planned?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate walked into the music class after Hikaru ran off to his next class. She had told him not to, but he walked her to her class even though it meant he would be late. He was such a nice guy...

She looked around the class, seeing Shae waving to her

"Hey!" Kate said as she sat in the empty seat next to her. "How was history?"

"Alright, Kaoru kept poking me in the back with his pencil though. Until I took it away from him." Shae shrugged. "Then he walked me to class. What about biology?"

"It was cool. Some girls glared at me for some reason, Hikaru was really nice and he walked me to this class even though it means he'll be late for his, and I love the teacher! He was so funny!"

Shae chuckled. "See? School isn't so bad."

"Yeah, well the day isn't over yet." Kate looked around. "So what's going on with this class? Why're we so far in the back?"

"Kaoru said it would be for the best; the teacher is the 'show-and-tell' kind. As for the class... look at the cross dresser on the row in front of us to the right."

Kate looked to where her friend indicated, seeing a supposed boy with brown hair and big doe eyes. "Whoa... Look at those eyes, no way that's a dude."

"I didn't think they had cross dressers at this school, but I guess they're everywhere."

Suddenly, the door burst open, causing the two Americans to jump. Walking into the room was a, as Kate would call it, "glamorous lady". She had on a long white dress that flared out at the bottom, pearls, and just enough make-up to have the movie star look without looking like a clown.

"Good day class!" She announced.

"Good day, Ms. Reiko." The classed replied, standing and bowing as the Class Rep told them. As everyone went to sit back down, Reiko looked over her class, her eyes landing on the two Americans.

"Oh ho ho? You two girls in the back, please remain standing." Kate and Shae shared a look but did as told. "I take it you're the new transfers from America?"

The girls nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

"Wonderful! I would love to hear you two sing something for me! It can be anything you want, I don't care." The way she had said it, the girls knew there was no room for objection.

They leaned in to decide on a song, soon taking a deep breath and starting to sing. Once they had finished, everyone stood for them.

"Beautiful! Simply beautiful!" Reiko cheered. Suddenly though, she stopped and put a finger on her chin. "I have decided! You two will be the leading ladies in our summer musical!"

"Wha...?"

"Come again?"

"It's a Cinderella musical, I'm sure that I can edit the script and make Cinderella into two girls... sisters... Yes, that's it! Cinder and Ella! This is perfect! Class is dismissed while I go and change things around in the plot!" Reiko left the room, her dress flying around her feet. The class started to pack their things while the Americans just stared at the open door.

"I think this teacher is weirder than me..." Kate said.

"Yeah... Way weirder... Possibly." Shae agreed.

"You get used to it after a while." A kind voice said. The girls turned to see the cross dressing girl they were looking at earlier. "Hi, I'm Haruhi."

"I'm Kate and this is Shae."

"I'm a little scared that I'm going to get used to it... And I don't want to be in the play! It's too much work!"

Haruhi chuckled. "You don't get a choice with Ms. Reiko, she lives on whims."

"I'm going back to America then. He always was my favorite character anyway..." Shae said, crossing her arms.

"Character...?" Haruhi asked.

"From an anime called Hetelia." Kate informed.

"Oh. But I don't think you'll be able to go home, Ms. Reiko will likely drag you back. I've tried it."

"Great..." Shae ran a hand through her hair. "Looks like Kaoru was right for warning me about this class..."

"Kaoru...?" Haruhi asked.

"Yeah, one of the twins in our first class."

"The Hitachiin twins, you mean?"

"Yeah, they're so nice! Hikaru and Kaoru walked us to two classes; and Hikaru did it knowing that he'd be late for his next class." Kate said, smiling brightly.

Haruhi stared at the girls, her face unreadable. Finally, she spoke. "Be careful with them. Don't get too attached."

The girls glanced at each other before looking back at Haruhi. "What do you mean?"

"Just watch out, they love games. You can never tell what they're really thinking either." The room was now empty, everyone wanting to go do something else. "I'd better go now, this is probably my only chance to study before my club activities. See you around." With that, Haruhi waved and left.

The two Americans looked at each other, frowning.

"Does that mean that the twins are playing us?" Kate asked.

"Possibly... if they're as good as masking their feelings as she says, then we might not know." Shae answered, looking out to the door.

"Should we still go to the Host Club?"

"Yeah. For two reasons; one, we'll have to tell the twins why we didn't go tomorrow; two, she might be wrong."

Kate sighed. "Well... I thought Hikaru might be a player... Anyway, now that we have an hour to ourselves, do you wanna go exploring the school?"

"Sure, why not?" They picked up their bags and headed out.

In forty minutes, the two had found the cafeteria, their next two classes, and a rose garden. And then they became hopelessly lost.

"This is a maze! Why do they have a maze in a school!" Kate yelled as they took another turn.

"How did this even happen?" Shae asked. "Why don't they have a map at the opening of the rose garden? This could be dangerous!"

"We'll be lost in here for forever! We'll die here; starved to death!"

"Oh no, that's terrible!" A voice cried. The girls stopped in their wandering to look at the blonde teenage boy that had appeared in front of them. "You poor dears! Lost in here for forever!"

"Uh... are you lost too?" Shae asked, staring at the boy suspiciously.

"Who, me? No, no, I'm just looking for some friends of mine. Ah! Where are my manners?" The boy ran a hand through his hair, sparkles floating around his head as he walked closer to the girls. "My name is Tamaki Suoh, my lovely princesses. Might I be so bold to ask for your names?"

The girls stared at the sparkles in awe, wondering how it was possible.

"Uh... Um! I'm Kate and this is my friend Shae."

"Beautiful names for beautiful girls. My dear girls, would you care to visit my cl-"

"You're a playboy, aren't you?" Shae asked suddenly. Tamaki changed to a grey and blue color before going kneel in the corner of the rose wall.

"Shae!" Kate yelled, looking at her friend in a panic. "What did you do? What happened to him?! He changed color! He had sparkles! Is he human? Oh my gosh, what if he's an alien?!"

"Kate, calm down! Aliens don't exist."

"You never know, man! When I was a kid, there was this weird light that would fly over my house, and nobody knew what it was! And it was at random! My mom always thought it was the government, but what if it was actually aliens that were looking for people to abduct and show them the customs of Earth so that they could come in and take over without us knowing?!"

Shae stared at her for a second, just stared. Finally, she spoke in a slow tone. "Caitlin, count backwards from ten and take deep breaths." The blonde did as she was told. After ten seconds, Shae spoke again. "Now, repeat after me. Aliens do not exist."

"Aliens don't exist."

"Good. Now just breath and keep telling yourself that while I ask Tamaki how we get out of here." Shae turned to the blonde male that was staring at them from the ground.

"Wow, you did a good job in calming her down. Does she do that a lot?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's pretty easy. I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to jump to conclusions." Shae bowed.

Tamaki just laughed light-heartedly. "Don't worry about it."

"Um, do you know how to get out of here? We don't have much time before our next class starts and we're hopelessly lost."

"Sure! I'd love to show you the way out!"

"But aren't you looking for your friends?" Kate asked, popping up behind Shae.

"They can get out on their own. Besides, we're not that far from the exit." Tamaki laughed, starting to walk away.

The three of them chatted the whole way out of the rose garden maze; Tamaki and Kate found that they were very alike, dramatic and blonde, Shae teased her friend about the world coming to an end now that there were two of her.

When they made it out of the garden, it appeared that Tamaki had grown attached to the girls, offering to walk the girls to their next class.

"Really you don't have to, you probably need to get to yours as well." Shae said.

"It's fine! I'm a fast runner!"

The girls shared a look, smiling. He was too cute.

Kate's eyes wandered past Shae, looking into one of the classrooms. Inside were the twins and a group of girls; Kate could easily see the flirting going on.

Shae followed her gaze, stopping at the sight before her. So Haruhi was right...

"Ah, that's the Hitachiin twins. Looks like they're in a good mood today." Tamaki said, watching the twins with the girls.

"Yeah, wonder why." Kate said, her voice hard as she turned away and continued walking.

"You alright, Kate?" Shae asked.

"I'm fine! The bell's about to ring anyway, we should hurry up!" She put on a fake smile. "My next class is down here; Tamaki-senpai, you should walk with Shae to hers, I can find my way." With those last words, she ran off in the direction of her class.

The two stared after her, curious about her sudden mood swing before slowly walking to Shae's class.

Shae knew what had happened... Kate had grown attached to Hikaru, even if she didn't fully know it yet. 'This could be bad...'

Kate walked to her P.E. class while mentally berating herself. 'Why am I this worked up over it? I didn't even know him! Besides, I didn't come to Japan for boys, I came for Shae and otaku-ness! Who cares about what's-his-face? See? I don't even remember his name anymore!'

Shae and Kate met up at the stairs after the lunch bell rang, telling each other about their classes.

"History's pretty fun! The teacher is quiet, but he's got a few good jokes." Shae said, looking at her friend. "What about you? What do I have to look forward to in P.E.?"

"Nothing! They just talk about the body, they don't exercise! It's amazing! I was expecting an Army Drill Sargent or something, but it was this really nice man!"

By then, they had walked into the cafeteria. They soon stopped and stared when they saw the menu.

"There's no way we can afford any of this..." Kate said, staring into her wallet.

"Look! The ramen is kinda cheap!"

"They have ramen at a school this fancy?"

The girls placed their orders then looked around. Once again, they saw the Hitachiin twins surrounded by a group of girls. Once again, Kate got upset.

Hikaru, as if able to feel the glare piercing his back, turned around and waved at the girls. Kate picked up her lunch and walked to the other side of the cafeteria, ignoring the confused looks of Shae and the twins.

"Um, Kate, are you mad at the twins?" Shae asked as she rushed after her friend.

"No. Why would I be mad at them? I just met them."

"That glare says otherwise."

"I just don't want to have anything to do with boys like them. I'm making sure they know that too."

"Doesn't look like that's working though." Shae pointing behind Kate. "They're headed this way. You're just making them curious."

Kate grimaced, sinking low in her chair.

"Hey!" The twins called as they got closer. "What gives? What's with that glare, Kate?"

"Nothing. What glare? I'm not even looking at you." She replied, doing her best to ignore them and eat.

"That's our-"

"Exact point!"

"Why won't you look at us?!" They yelled, switching between who talks.

"Because I'm eating right now. Do you want me to look at you with food on my face?"

"Then look at us before your next bite without glaring! Can you do that and then tell us you're not mad?"

Kate slammed her hands on the table, glaring at the twins and standing up. "Listen, I don't want to be a part of whatever game you're playing! Leave me out of it!"

"Game?"

"What's going on?" A new voice asked. The girls turned around to see a boy with black hair and glasses, a notebook and pen in his hands. "Hikaru, Kaoru, I hope you're not causing trouble for Miss Reed and Miss Justice."

"How'd you know our last names?" Shae asked the newcomer.

"Ah, I am Kyoya Ootori-"

"Forget about him! I wanna know what game Kate's talking about!" Hikaru yelled.

"You hooligans aren't being mean to the princesses again, are you?!" Tamaki yelled, running into the cafeteria and whacking the twins on the head with a folded piece of paper.

"We don't even know what we did wrong!"

The chaos went on for a few more minutes, everyone seemingly yelling at one another about nothing. The American girls got bored of the scene rather quickly and deciding to leave.

"Well, this school is filled with strange people you can't find back home." Shae said, looking over at her friend. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" Kate snapped. She stopped in the middle of the hall and ran a hand through her hair, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell... I don't even know why I'm worked up over this; I mean, I just met the guy, why would I care if he's a player? I'm not even here for romance and relationships!"

Shae just gave her friend a small smile. She knew why Kate was upset, why she cared what kind of person Hikaru was; but she also knew that Kate wasn't ready to hear that reason just yet.

"Hey!" A group of voices called simultaneously. Hikaru, Kaoru, Tamaki, Kyoya, and the two student that Kate had bumped into earlier were all running toward them.

"Kate!" Hikaru called out, "Let me explain!"

The blonde crossed her arms and didn't look at him, but she didn't move either. Hikaru took it as a sign to continue.

"Haruhi told us what he said to you. Kate, that was us a long time ago. Me and Kaoru do love games, but not on girls. Please, Kate, I don't want to hurt you."

Kate turned her head just enough to check the sincerity in his eyes. And she saw it, she saw his honesty.

"Fine... I believe you."

A/N: Yeah... so... I did change a few things from the actual plot. Instead of getting mad, I was supposed to get really upset, run away crying, end up in the club room, and then make up with Hikaru. Yeah. I am just realizing how silly I was when we started this. Also! To all my friends that are reading this, there is apparently a tropical storm heading my way, so if you text me and I don't answer for a while, I'm not ignoring you!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 469 11
You have just moved to Japan after moving constantly for your entire life. You enroll at Ouran Academy, and there you befriend the Host Club. The cra...
25.7K 507 24
You are just a normal girl. Except you binge Ouran Highschool Host Club; your favorite anime. What happens when one day you are transported into your...
194K 8.9K 33
Unknown to many, there's a race of beings that can jump from dimension to dimension. What happens when one of these beings gets stuck in Ouran's Dime...
356K 8.1K 33
You got transferred from a public school to a private school (Ouran). You then find yourself getting fought over by a bunch of cute boys.