To Her, with Love

By briflareii

As a teacher, Ydalis will go to great lengths for her students-even as far as celebrating their birthdays wit... More

TO HER, WITH LOVE
CHAPTER ONE

PROLOGUE

502 46 0
By briflareii

PROLOGUE

May 2023

26,874 likes
ydalis 🍊🧡🔥
View all 216 comments

I walked into the Sky Zone Trampoline Park for my favorite student, Jeyce's birthday party which he and his mother had invited me to.

At first, I wasn't going to attend the party but Jeyce constantly begged me to come so I gave in. How could I say no to my favorite student?

I look around looking for the birthday boy. I didn't see him but I spotted the gift table and placed the gift bag on the table before walking over to the table where Jeyce'd mother, Takecia was sitting and talking to a group of people.

"Takecia," I said, getting her attention.

Takecia stands up and pulls me into a tight hug. I hug her back. "Thank you for coming, Ydalis, Jeyce has been waiting for you to show up," Takecia said.

I smiled at her.

"I mean he told me all week in class if I didn't show up he wouldn't talk to me ever again," I told her with a chuckle before looking around. "So where is the birthday boy?" I asked her.

"He's running around, I'm sure once he spots you he will be dragging you everywhere with him," Takecia answered.

"Look who is here," Takecia said as she brought me over to the table.

"Jeyce's favorite teacher," Trinity said as she stood up to hug me.

"Hey, Trinity," I said, smiling as I already knew her from a few years back as I taught her step-children and I've also met her husband Jon a couple of times.

As Trinity and I are talking, Joshua is staring at me. I tried to ignore his eyes on me but we locked eyes and smiled at each other. 

"Jeyce has been talking about you nonstop that everyone wants to meet you," Trinity said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, he has. I've been trying to meet the teacher who has my son trying to fail his grade to stay with her," Joshua answered before Trinity could say anything.

"Well, here I am," I said.

After introducing myself to everyone. Jeyce ran up to me and hugged me before pulling me towards the trampolines.

Takecia looked at Joshua with a smile on her face.

"She's cute, isn't she?" Takecia asked Joshua.

Joshua shakes his head.

"So that's why you invited her," Joshua replied.

"I invited her because Jeyce wanted her but also to see if I was right to think that she may be perfect for you," Takecia said.

Joshua chuckled.

"Perfect for me?" Joshua asked as he watched Ydalis and Jeyce do flips on the trampoline.

"Yes, perfect for you," Takecia answered.

Joshua and Takecia had divorced nearly two years ago after they realized they wanted different things in life. They remained good friends, best friends even, and continued to support each other and co-parent their sons.

"Takecia, I don't need you trying to set me up with our son's teacher," Joshua said.

"Hey, I'm just doing what I think is right for you. You deserve to be happy, Josh," Takecia said.

"Thanks, Takecia. You're amazing," Joshua said.

"No problem, you're my best friend," Takecia said.

Jeyce and I walked back over to the table. "Girl, are you just gonna play with Jeyce the whole party or hang out with the adults at some point?" Trinity asked

I smile before playfully rolling my eyes as Takecia pushes me to sit down next to Joshua. Joshua just stares at me. "I don't know. Jeyce is a lot more cool than you, Trinity," I said avoiding Joshua's gaze.

He doesn't speak, instead, he stares at me without a care in the world. "Damn, uce take a picture of her," Jon said.

Everyone laughs including me.

"Shut up, fool," Joshua said.

"She's pretty, isn't she, Dad?" Jeyce asked.

I placed a hand on Jeyce's cheek, smiling.

"That boy working hard to get him a stepmom," Jon said.

Joshua shakes his head.

"Alright, let's cut the cake," Joshua said, jumping up and clapping his hands together.

After leaving the Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Takecia invited me back to her house where the adults were having their gathering. You know the grown-ups always have to take over the kids' parties.

Joe, Joshua, and Jon were already drunk. I decided not to drink because I had to drive myself home.

"Ydalis can you dance?" Trinity asked me as Shake That Monkey by Too $hort came on.

"I'm from Dade County," I answered as I got up from my seat and started shaking my ass to the beat as Trinity started to hype me up.

I'm from Dade County, I'm going to shake some ass as I did different twerk moves. "Aye! Oh, she's a professional," Trinity said.

"Uce, get her behind her before someone makes a move," Joe told Joshua.

Joshua thought about it for a second before he stood up and crept over behind me before pressing himself on me with his cup in the air, his other hand on my waist.

"Yeet!" Joshua exclaimed.

I continued dancing on Joshua until the music changed to Gyal You a Party Animal by Charly Black and I started to whine my waist as Joshua put his drink down and placed his other hand on my waist.

"Oh, this an island girl," Joshua said, matching my whine.

"Oh Lord," Jon said.

Liked by uceyjucey and 21,275 others
ydalis Feels good to be back IYKYK 😍
View all 131 comments
trinity_fatu Livin good feeling better🔥

uceyjucey started following ydalis.

June 2023

Liked by uceyjucey and 25,051 others
ydalis Birthday Behavior!! Stepping into 2022 feeling better than ever !! I'm so thankful for another year and feel blessed and proud of the woman I am becoming !! Thank you to every single person for reaching out to wish me love today I'm feeling overwhelmed with joy and happiness which is all I could ask for !!
View all 419 comments
itsyadira HAPPY BIRTHDAY TETE DALI!!!!
trinity_fatu Happy Birthday
uceyjucey Happy birthday! You look amazing!

ydalis started following uceyjucey.

Ciara and Chris Brown's How We Roll plays in the restaurant where my sister, Yadira is throwing me a birthday party since I was too lazy this year to throw one for myself.

Takecia and Trinity walk into the restaurant and I come over to them, hugging them. "Thank you for coming," I said to them.

"You look so good, girl, here this is from Joshua," Takecia said, handing me a bag.

"Thank you and why would he get me a gift for my birthday?" I asked Takecia as I opened the gift bag.

"Girl, you guys hit off at Jeyce's party. I think this is his way of saying he wants to get to know you better," Takecia explained.

I nod.

"Oh, I see," I said before pulling out a small jewelry box. I opened it and saw a letter J necklace. "Oh, he's bold," I said before reading the note.

"From the important Js in your life. Jeyce picked it out for you. Happy birthday, Ydalis. Signed J," I read out loud.

"Not him saying that Jeyce is responsible for the necklace when I'm holding Jeyce's gift right here," Takecia declared, laughing.

"The important Js, wow, you whine on the man and he already thinks he has a place in your life," Trinity joked.

I shake my head.

"Come on, let's get some food and drinks in our system," I said, laughing,

The blare of the music as I introduced my family and close friends to Takecia and Trinity. They immediately hit it off with my sister.

"Girl, where have you been hiding them? We could have been friends a long time ago," Yadira said.

"You're always trying to steal my friends," I said.

"We can share them," Yadira said.

Takecia and Trinity laugh while I mean mug my sister. "Whatever," I said.

"She is just mad her daughter likes me more than she likes her," Yadira said, bringing up my eight-year-old daughter, Yesenia.

I rolled my eyes.

"Because you spoil her," I said.

"And I spoil you too and yet you are so mean to me," Yadira said.

I put a drink in front of Yadira.

"Drink up," I said.

"So, are you going to give Josh a chance?" Takecia asked me.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I am. Why do you ask?" Takecia replied.

"Because you're trying to push your baby daddy on your son's teacher," I said.

"Oh girl, I'm not blind. You're a beautiful woman and I think you would be a good fit for Joshua. Jeyce loves you. I like you. You fit in with the family. I would be a fool not to try and get you and Joshua together. He needs love," Takecia said.

"Who is Joshua?" Yadira asked.

"My baby daddy and Ydalis' future man," Takecia answered.

"You got any more single men?" Yadira asked.

"A bunch," Takecia answered.

August 2023

By August, I'm constantly being invited to hang out with Jeyce's father's side of the family. At this point, I was seeing them more than I saw my own family. Trinity once joked that I had been adopted by them since Jeyce's birthday party.

I'm starting to see that her joke was very much true. As I was currently, attending a family get-together over the weekend in San Francisco. I brought my daughter, Yesenia with me and she was having the time of her life.

"Girl if you don't get out on the dancefloor," Joshua said, pulling me up out of my seat.

My relationship with Joshua was something else that has changed. At the moment, we are enjoying each other's company but we aren't official.

"I've been dancing all night, Josh, my feet hurt," I said.

"Come on," He said, pouting.

I sighed, giving in and letting him lead me to the dancefloor. We dance to I Want It All by Common Kings. Joshua sings the lyrics to me.

"I want it all and I can't help that," He sings.

I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I can't get enough of you," He sings.

The song finishes and Joshua pulls me into a tight hug. "I'm so serious, Ydalis, I know we've had feelings for each other for a while, but I want to make our relationship official," He said.

"What?" I asked him.

Is Joshua telling me right now in this moment he wants to be in a relationship with me?

"Let me know if I'm misreading things, but it seems like you've got feelings for me and I've got feelings for you, and I wondered if you'd like to be my girlfriend?" He asked me.

"Yes," I answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
138K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
429K 17.5K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...