Pookal Pookum Tharunam

By PallaviKannan

Ajay Dev and Sreedevi Mohan are Married couples who live like strangers in a flat. Their life moves in a repe... More

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ & ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴩʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜱɪx
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜱɪx
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜱɪx
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜱɪx
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜱɪx
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

7.1K 565 325
By PallaviKannan

(Recap : Sreedevi prepares for a surprise plan for Ajay's birthday)

May 7, 2019.

Ajay

"Happy Birthdayy" she screamed as she hugged me around my neck.

"Thank you babyy" I kissed her cheeks.

"Unakaga naa oru gift vachurken" she said excitedly taking out something from her bag.

"Enna??" I frowned.

"Tan ta dan" she held out a box. I opened it without any patience and found a watch. Though a watch was a common gift, it felt special.

"Pudichiruka?"

"Romba" I smiled at her.

Everything behind her turned blur. I squinted my eyes to get a clear view of her as her face turned blur.

"I love you aju" I heard her voice.

"Love you too abi" I heard my voice.

Her tall self turned short, her long hair turned short, her dusky skin turned fair. Her blue kurthi turned white, her beautiful face disappeared and another beautiful woman appeared. She had a beautiful smile on her face.

"We have got a lifetime jayy" I heard a voice which was more delicate.

~

"Happy Birthdayy Jayyyyy" I heard the same delicate voice screaming in my ears.

I jerked and sat up on the bed gasping for air. She laughed and climbed on my lap. I breathed out and looked around, I was in our bedroom. I am in Chennai, working as team leader, I am married to Sreedevi and I am in love with her now. I am not living in 2011. It was just my memory. I sighed.

"Jayy ennachu" Devi cupped my left cheek.

I shook my head and looked at her who had a worried expression. I smiled at her.

"Onula ma.. Thank youu" I held her hand that was on my cheek and kissed her forehead.

She grinned at me and kissed my other cheek. "Ithu thaa nee enkooda celebrate pandra first birthday"

"Illayee.. Munnadiyum en bithday ku nee vanthurka la" I frowned.

"Vanthurken.. Ana en kooda nee celebrate pannathu illaye.. Oru piece of cake plate la vachu awkward ah vanthu kuduppa.. Athu thaan celebration ah?"

I smiled. "Seri apo ithu thaan namma first birthday" I pulled her closer around her waist.

She giggled when I bobbed my nose with hers.

"Oru nimisham iru" she jumped out of my lap and went out. I switched on the table lamp. She came back with a box.

She sat beside me and opened it revealing a cupcake with a smiley on it. I chuckled at it. She fed me. It tasted good but it didn't taste like a cake from the bakery. Sreedevi was looking at my face.

"Epdi irukku?"

"Nalla irukku" I said taking another bit of it.

"Hehe... Naa thaa senjen" she said shyly.

I widened my eyes. "Serious ah va?"

She nodded.

I smiled and fed her a bite. She ate and pouted.

"Bakery la kedaikra taste illa jayy" she said.

"Ama ivunga periya baker uh..." I slightly tapped her back head. "Veetla seyrapo intha taste thaa irukku.. Ithuve nalla irukku"

She grinned and kissed my cheeks again "Happy birthday"

"Birthday boy ku gift ellam illaya?" I held her hands.

"Iruku ana nalaik thaa tharuven" she said.

"I am waiting" I said a punch dialogue.

She giggled and pulled me to the bed. I cocooned her and snuggled into her neck. She held my hand that was on her tummy and fell asleep soon. I don't know why a memory from my past appeared in my dream. I could only smile at it.

~

I walked into my office wearing a red shirt and beige formal pants. Devadarshini maam was the first one to wish me. She teased me asking why I came to office on my birthday. It only triggered me! They didn't give me a goddamn leave.

"Happy birthday Ajayy" My team members shouted as soon as I entered our workspace.

I closed my ears and chuckled. "Thank you guys"

"Treat illaya Ajay?" Sneha asked.

"Ethuku? Poyi velaya paarunga" I said.

Sneha rolled her eyes "Unga kitta poyi ketom paarunga" she muttered in a low voice.

"Enak ketuchu" I said settling my bag on my cabin.

"Kekanum nu thaan sonnen" Sneha muttered again.

I glared her.

"Moracha bayanthurvoma?" She muttered again.

"Adingu" I took the stapler from the table to throw.

"Aathaadi" she sat on her seat.

I shook my head and switched on the system. I saw Reba walking out of the Printing room. She didn't spare a glance at me. I sighed and started to work.

"Happy Birthday Ajay" Prabhakaran sir patted my shoulders from behind.

I tilted my head and thanked him.

"Sorry Ajay Birthday athuvuma leave kuduka mudila.. Unake theriyum la yen nu"

"Theriyum sir...Its okay" I faked a smile.

"Wife ah disappoint pandra mathiri aagirkum la?" He said genuinely feeling sorry.

"Apdilam illa sir... She is understanding" I smiled.

Somebody cleared their throat. I looked behind Prabhakaran sir to see Reba with the Report file. She gave the file to me without looking at me.

"Saptiya Reba?" Prabhakaran sir asked her.

"Illa sir.. Coffee kudichen" she answered.

"Olunga breakfast ellam sapdu maa.. Intha kaalath ponnunga..." Prabhakaran sir walked away talking to himself.

Reba glanced at me once and left.

I opened the report to find a little note inside it.

"Many more happy returns of the day Ajay"

I looked up at Reba who was looking at me from the other end of the room. I mouthed a Thank you. She smiled and left to the printing room again.

The day went as usual. My parents followed by Devi's parents called me to wish me. Rakesh, Pragan and Sarath called me to waste my time.

"Deii phone ah vainga da office la iruken daa"

"Maapla epo da varuva coimbatore ku" Pragan shouted from behind.

"Yen da naaye kathura?" Rakesh scolded him.

"Pikkali pasangala" I looked around the office to see anyone looking at me.

"Partner Rakesh veetla vanthurkom da naanga.. Next month gopika ku baby shower vaikrom.. Varuviya da nee?" Sarath said.

"Athellam en machan varuvaan.. Illa daa?" Rakesh said.

"Macha... Ipo thaan da office eh start panirkanga... Leave lam kuduka matranga da.. Papom" I saw Sneha looking at me scrutinizing her eyes.

I raised my eyebrows. She shrugged and continued working.

"Athellam solla koodathu.... Maapla nee vanthu thaa aganum" Pragan said.

"Seri da seri da.. Phone ah vainga daa"

"Phone ah vekrathulaye iru partner nee" Sarath said.

"Maapla chitti ya ketatha sollu daa" Pragan said.

"Deii"

They laughed and ended the call. I shook my head and continued working. When it was sharp 6 pm, I switched off my system and packed my things. I walked out of the office and drove to my house to see my wife.

~

I pressed the bell for the second time. The door opened revealing her who was wearing that purple saree she wore in our wedding reception. Her hair was wet and left free. She has draped the saree around her embracing her hot curves. I looked her from bottom to top only to realise how hot my wife is. She moved aside and my mouth went wide seeing the balloon decorations and lights and a cake on the dining table.

I walked ahead slowly and dropped my bag down. The decorations were beautiful and perfect just like her. I cant believe she did all this by herself for me. They made me feel something different, something sputtering inside me. No, The purple baloons didn't made my insides twist but her efforts did. How long would it have taken for her to decorate around the hall so beautifully all by herself.

"Happy birthday jay" She hugged me from behind.

"Thanks ma" I pulled her to my front and kissed her forehead still surprised by the decorations.

She pulled me to the dining table and asked me to cut the cake.

"Devi..Ithellam epo ma plan panna??" I asked out of surprise.

"Athellam nethe panniten.. Pudichiruka?"

"Rombaaa" I pulled her and pecked her lips.

She smiled shyly.

I cut the cake while she sang the birthday song. I fed her a piece while she fed me back.

"Sorry jayy un birthday ku yaarayume invite panna mudila.. Namma mattum tha irukom" she said.

I wrapped my hand around her waist and pulled her to me. I tucked a hairstrand behind her ear,

"Namma mattum irunthale pothum devi enak... Intha birthday thaa en life laye romba special aana birthday... Neeyum naanum mattum.. Enak nee mattum pothum devi.. Vera yaarum vendaam.. Nee mattum ithe mathiri epovume enkooda irunthale pothum.."

Her eyes were filled with tears. I leaned in and kissed her. It was a slow and gentle kiss just like a winter breeze. She tasted like mint and chocolate. I placed my hands on her neck and kissed her deeper yet slower. The chocolate cake melted like how we melted each other in the kiss. Everything around felt false and only the two of us felt true. The time, the place, the surrounding everything went blank. We were transmitted to somewhere, where only the two of us were meant to be true, where nothing but her was real.

We broke the kiss and panted touching our foreheads while everything around us returned back to its place. She cupped my face and smiled at me. I smiled back and kissed her forehead. With her make up free face, pink lips, kholed eyes, and the hottest structure, she seemed to be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I might have told this same dialogue to someone before, but now she doesn't seem beautiful to me, only devi does.

"Embuttu azhaga irukka di nee" I spoke out loud.

She blushed with a giggle and smacked my shoulder.

"Sathyama dii... Ivlo azhaga oru ponna naa pathathe illa"

"Poi"

"Naa yen dii poi sollanum" I pulled her more closer.

"Enna vida azhagana ponnunga neraya per irukanga" she said twisting her lips.

"Athellam mathavanga kannuku...En kannuku nee mattum thaa azhagu.." I pinched her cheek.

She blushed but said, "Naa namba maten.."

"Adiye.. Chinna vayasula irunthe unna vekkame illama sight adippen di naanu"

She chuckled. "Nee iduppa thane da paatha?" She slapped me slightly.

"Mothama thaan di paapen.. Iduppu matum inum extra va papen"

"Chii"

"Enna di chii???" I pulled her closer "Unak nyabagam irukka?? Kovil thiruvizha ku oru half saree kattit vanthiye?"

She thought for a while "aama 10th padikrapo"

"Apo kooda un iduppu mela thaan en kannu irunthuch"

"Vekkame illa ya ungaluk?" She asked with a blushy smile.

I chuckled and shook my head.

Sreedevi had already prepared the dinner. She made Tandoori chicken and Pulao. We ate our dinner while she listened to my office happenings. After dinner, we made apple juice and settled in the grass ground of our balcony watching the city lights. Devi sipped her juice, her eyes were shining under the lights. She has draped her saree in open pallu. Her thali chain was hanging outside. I moved closer to her and kissed her neck.

Thats when I remembered something.

"Irukku aana nalaik thaa tharuven"

"Oye" I called her, "Birthday boy ku gift enga dii"

She smiled and kept her glass down. "Ingaye iru varen" she went inside and came back with a piece of cloth and blindfolded me.

"Devi enna pandra?"

"Surprise vachurken jayy" she made me stand on my foot and ushered me inside.

Whatever surprise it is going to be, I am sure that I am gonna love it.

-

Hey guys, You might be wondering where I was all these days. Well I have been wandering around Chennai roads (not begging) but taking photographs for my Photography Practical Record🥲.

55 pictures, constantly getting rejected by my proffessor for various reasons. I came hostel only at 8 pm in the evening. Didn't wash my clothes for almost 2 weeks🥲. My beautiful skin got completely tanned (Konjam over ah thaan poromoo).

And then came Mr. Graphics. Sat in college lab till evening to complete doing posters, pamphlets in Photoshop. So I didn't get any time to celebrate Mr. Ajay's birthday.

Thankfully I have finished all my projects model exams and practical semester exams, but I do have my theory semester exams, which will end only at Nov 25. So till then updates won't be regular and I am soo sorry for it guys.

Also, I am also planning to wind up this story by new year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 30.9K 89
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
53.7K 3.9K 15
Collection of Short Stories💜🌸
1.9M 82.8K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
471K 28.9K 95
hello guys as it was my second story ..my first story is also on going just I got an new idea so I created another story story will be based on an...