𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀

By amxrxd

Book 2 - Sequel to Eros. Mania: jealousy, possessive and obsessive. ➼ "You know," I looked up at him with tea... More

Author's Note
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.

20.

343 7 8
By amxrxd

I felt alive.

Seeing my family, Alec and Landon, smiling and laughing in front of me. The rest of the Torres, Maya, Shanaya, Vincent, Alissa, Anita, Cesar, Mason, everyone.

They all came, once they found out I was back. They landed in the morning and Alec called us to tell us to move out of our cousin's safe house and meet at our family vacation house.

I hadn't been there in so long as seeing it again today really made me happy.

"What's the plan for tonight?" Alec asked with a smile on his face, looking at me and I shrugged, a similar smile on my face.

"Club!" Firstly, why is Gus here?

"Who brought him?" Flavio asked and I laughed, but no, seriously.

"He knows everything," Landon shrugged. "So I brought him." Of course. Those two are attached at the hip, more than ever now it seems.

I'm glad Landon found such amazing friends, taking him out of that boarding school is the best thing I've done.

"Club it is then." I agreed with Gus and both him and Landon did a 'bro shake' and rushed off quickly.

"Are you sure we should let Gus enter a club?" Alec asked me and I laughed. "He's for sure gonna get kicked out." He laughed with me.

"Oh, I missed you Alec." I hugged him tight and Alec seemed taken aback for a quick second but his hands met my back as he rubbed it, a soft kiss being placed on the top of my head.

"I missed you too, little sis." His voice was low and I just dug my face into his chest.

"He used to cry like a bab—"

Alec nudged Grey and I looked between them, then my eyes lingered on my brother.

"—Listen, I'm a man..." He sniggered. "I cried like a man." Grey and I laughed at Alec, who shrugged with a smile on his face.

That's my brother, the silly, unserious, dopey man. I missed him more than ever.

"Okay, lets go get ready," Flavio patted Lorenzo on his back and then they looked at me.

And about twenty minutes after that, we're in our room, me doing my makeup with a towel wrapped around my body, hair rollers in my head.

It wasn't long till Lorenzo came out and started getting ready, I was soon done and we both headed downstairs to see almost everyone there.

"It's been a while, huh?" I spoke first, I don't even remember when the last time we all went out was.

"Sure has," Flavio came into view and I smiled up at him, his arm flung across my shoulders and Lorenzo walked over to the table where there were bottles of alcohol kept. "Amara..." I looked up at Flavio again to see his eyes twinkling, it looked like sorrow yet it wasn't. He looked like he had something to say, like it was on the tip of his tongue but he couldn't get his words out.

I glared at him in confusion, eyebrows scrunched, I was about to say something but Lorenzo spoke.

"Everyone," He caught everyone's attention. "Grab your glasses." He was pouring shots of Jack Daniels into glasses for all of us and I shuddered just thinking about taking shots of whiskey.

We all did, passing the glasses around so everyone had one.

"Here's to the strongest woman ever," Lorenzo smiled, his eyes soft as he kept his gaze on me. "Cheers."

"Cheers!" And with that, I felt my throat burn as the warm liquid dripped down my throat, into my chest and the burn followed.

We all made faces, expect Flavio who had backed his shot and grabbed the car keys ready to leave.

"Let's go." He was the first one out the door and I looked at Lorenzo in confusion and he just shrugged.

I wasn't drunk, I did have a couple of drinks but even tipsy is a strong word for what I am right now.

Everyone else is off their heads; I lost everyone in there, I think they lost each other. I did not expect the club to be so packed tonight but I needed some air.

I started feeling sick, it wasn't the alcohol, it was the anxiety that scratched at me, reminding me that Luis is still out there somewhere and he might not be able to get up and kidnap me, his men are still more than likely to do it.

I'd rather die then get caught again. I doubt I will, I'm vigilant now, I'm so paranoid, my eyes are everywhere. Which is how I noticed Flavio outside, in the smoking area, a cigarette in his mouth as he looked over the city from the rooftop.

He had placed himself on a table, legs on the chair, his hair messy yet set in place a couple wild strands cascaded onto his structured face.

He blow out the smoke from his plump lips, his eyes lost in deep thought.

I went and sat next to him, he didn't snap out of his zone but acknowledged I was there, his hand out offering me the cigarette, which I took.

I took a drag, feeling the cigarette burn my chest as it's been a while since I've smoked. I blew it out, my eyes back on Flavio and I knew something was off.

Something's been off about him for a while now, I don't know what it possibly could be. I've just come back so I know I haven't done anything. Or so I think so?

"Vio..." I placed my hand on his bicep, his muscles flexing then easing back up like he wasn't used to my touch. "What's wrong?" I asked him but only silence followed.

I let him stay silent, I know him too well. I know when he wants to talk, he will. I can't nag him.

A few silent moments passed, the warm night air on my skin, the music far off in the distance, I could still feel the bass from here.

"I love you, Amara." I froze.

I think even my beating heart frozen. This isn't the kind of 'I love you' I always hear from Flavio. This was different. This is why he's off.

I felt like everything went silent, Flavio still looking far off into the distance, his jaw clenched as he held this look in his eyes I couldn't recognise.

"What?" I muttered and he sighed, facing me finally and I admired his features.

"Amara," He spoke. "I love you..." And my heart just froze again. "I-I was destroyed, shattered even, when you were kidnapped... the more time that passed by, the more I broke. You and I, what we have, I've never had it with anyone and I never thought I would've too but I do. You took my heart and you can keep it... keep it safe. I love you, not as in I want you, I can't do that to Lorenzo, plus you're my best friend, you're my soulmate... but you need to know how much I love you." I was speechless. What do I say?

I just stared at him in utter confusion.

"Vio—"

"Lorenzo knows," What? "I told him months ago and he said he knew. I can't live on if anything happens to you again, I'm going to protect you like my life depends on it. I'm gonna keep you safe, I'm gonna protect you, Lorenzo and I both are. We're your enzo's, baby, that's what we do." He took in my features, his hand cupping my jaw with a soft smile on his lips.

He leaned forward, I stopped breathing as I watched him reach for my forehead with his lips, a gentle kiss being placed on it.

I felt all sorts of emotions and I honestly didn't know what to make of it. My stomach like a rollercoaster and my heart was beating out my chest.

"Come on, let's go inside and find everyone."

I indulged in what Flavio said to me, lying here in bed staring at the ceiling as I waited for Lorenzo to get into bed. He was cleaning the room, tidying it up.

"Did you know Flavio loves me?" I asked Lorenzo, breaking the peaceful silence we had.

He hummed in response as he continued cleaning.

"No, baby, like—"

"Not loves you, Mar, he's in love with you." I propped myself up with my elbows and I stared at Lorenzo.

"And you knew?" I know he knows but he doesn't seem to care.

"Yep." He said as he popped the 'p'. "I've always know, baby, even a blind man can see what's going on." He finally finished folding the last pieces of clothes as he walked towards the bed and got in.

"And... that doesn't make you jealous?" I asked him with genuine curiosity.

He grinned, a small chuckle escaped his mouth. "Of course it does." He turned the lights off before turning to me, wrapping his arm around as he pulled me into him effortlessly, snuggling his face into my neck. "Let's talk about this tomorrow, darling, it is four am right now."

"Fine." I huffed and faced the other way so he could spoon me, me trying to warm up my cold feet between his warm ones.

Lorenzo was quick to fall asleep, twitching in his sleep as I played with his hair. Usually, I'd be knocked out too but the events from earlier were replaying in my head. I couldn't get over it.

I became flustered, my body going hot, especially because of the body heat this man gave off, I tried to slip out of his clasp, this feels like prison, he's confined me underneath him.

How the fuck am I supposed to move when there's a two hundred pound man lying on top of me.

Okay, this is it, this'll work. Carefully lifting his arm, I slipped out a little that was until he gripped onto me hard.

"I got you, I got you," He muttered and I looked at his face quickly. Wait, he's fast asleep? Since when does Lorenzo sleep talk? "No!" He flinched as he mumbled, tightening his grip. "Not Amara — Mar, Mara," I rubbed his back as he incoherently grumbled. "Don't leave—"

"Lorenzo!" I pushed him awake and he jumped in his sleep, sucking in a deep breathe like he had just risen from the dead.

His eyes puffy, red and watery, his face puffy too as he stared at me in pure confusion and shock.

"You're still here?" It was more like he was talking to himself and I smiled at him.

My poor baby.

"Enzo," I kissed his forehead. "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere, you can sleep peacefully, there's literally a whole army of the Torres guarding this house." He sighed, his face digging back into my neck as he wrapped his arm around me again, pulling me in.

"Stupid nightmare." He muttered and I smiled. "I'm not a pussy, I don't cry in my sleep." He told me and I sighed as I played with his hair again.

"Okay, Enzo." He totally was.

Nightmares... they really are the worst.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9M 223K 62
𝘖𝘬𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘱𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬. 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦. 𝘚�...
196K 5.3K 83
Book 1. Eros; passion, lust and pleasure -- in other words, romantic and passionate love. A passionate physical and emotional love based on aestheti...
148K 3.5K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...
289K 7.2K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...