Bitter truth

By _Minaaz_20

Fatima a 25 years old doing her PG as a CS (cardiac surgeon). She is trying to run from her past but What hap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Author's Note

Chapter 52.

445 18 0
By _Minaaz_20

"Please fathi please." He was just saying this performing the CPR.

"Hasan." Safa called out.

"Fathi, you have to get up please please."

"I beg you please."

He became sweaty and was breathing heavily. Ayeza tried to switch with him but he didn't moved an inch.

"Get up get up you can't leave me get up." It was two minutes now still no response.

"Hasan."

"Stop stop she will get up she will get up. Baby please please." He moved for a second checking a sign of any pulse but got none.

He again started the CPR. Safa tried to pull him but he yanked her hand.

"Don't you dare say a thing, she will never leave me like this she will get up. Fathi please please I beg you please for Allah's sake fathi get up."

"Please please please."

It was more than a minute now. He moved for few seconds and miraculously her heart started beating again. Hasan took a breath of relief and got down, he hugged her tightly and was crying like a baby, as if his favourite thing was taken away from him.

"Thank you thank you so much thank you Jaan thank you." He said kissing all over her face and hugged her again.

Ayeza gave a sedative to her and they both got out from there leaving Hasan and Fatima alone. He was just holding her tightly in his embrace as if she will go if he leave her. He was crying continuously holding her.

"Please don't.. Don't do this again. Don't do this again to me." He mumbled in her neck.

Fatima was laying on the bed and Hasan was beside her, his hands around her shoulder and his face in the crook of her neck. With that laiba and Hamid came inside. They went near Hasan, who was still crying holding her like his life is depended on this hug.

"Bete." Laiba said in a low voice keeping her hand on his shoulder. He didn't even moved an inch.

"Hasan let's go home, ammi is here. You need some rest."

"I'm not leaving her I'm not leaving her again, I can't lose her again, I'll never leave her alone, I'm not leaving her..."

"Hasan Hasan."

He shook his head and tightened his grip around her, hugging her more tightly.

"I'm with her she will not be alone."laiba said in a almost choked voice.

"No no I'm not leaving her I'll not."

Hamid tried to pull him from her but he didn't budged. He was so scared right now, for a second he thought she left him. His behaviour was justified, he felt as if he got back his everything. He felt as if Allah gave him another chance.

"Hasan." Hamid pulled him with a force.

"What?! I'm not leaving her all of can leave I'm. Not. Leaving. Her." He said with gritted teeth, glaring him. His eyes were blood shot, because of crying continuously. His ears and nose were red and he had stained marks of tears.

Laiba went near him and wiped his face and hugged him, he hugged her back keeping his face on her shoulder. She was continuously stroking his hairs and patting his back.

"Ammi please I don't want to leave her please." He moved from her and looked at her face.

"Okay bete okay. You stay here no one will say you to go back."

"Ammi, I thought I lost her you know her..her heart beat was stopped.. Please tell her not to do that again..I can't lose her please tell her."

"Shush shush she is alright and she will not do that again. She is fine see. Her heartbeat is normal now."

Hasan was just nodding.

"Take some rest I'll be outside."she said softly brushing his hairs.

"You all go home, you look tired."

"I'm fine bete. Now sleep for sometime."

He just nodded again, Hamid hugged him and went from there. Hasan looked back at her again and tears started brimming in his eyes. He held her hand tightly.

He kept his head on her chest, holding her hand tightly and closed his eyes, listening her heartbeat. It was around 4 now and Hasan got up breathing heavily with cold sweats on his forehead. He looked at Fatima and tried to calm his nerves, he hugged her again.

He got a nightmare of Fatima dying. He immediately pulled himself from her embrace and kept his head on her chest listening her heart beat again. He kept some strands of her hairs away from her face and tucked it behind her ear and kissed her forehead.

"Don't do this to me, don't you dare do this to me. Don't leave me." "please."

After half an hour he got up and and freshen up, did his ablution and started praying his tahajjud prayers and started crying in his sujood. He was continuously saying to protect Fatima and give her health and happiness. He begged infront of Allah, he was feeling so weak right now as if everything is taken away from him. He cried for his daughter, for Fatima and thinking he lost both of his world and life taken away in a day.

He stayed like that in his sujood crying like a baby for more than half an hour, he got up when he heard the Fajr prayer. He went near Fatima and caressed her cheek, feeling the warmth of her skin, to feel that she is alive.

He checked all the things and everything was normal. Her heart beat is a little slow but nothing to worry about. Her BP and sugar level were normal. He kissed her cheek and forehead gently, he traced the freshly cuts and bruises around her hands feeling the pain. He touched her stomach and closed his eyes leaving a single tear.

He again got every flashback of 6 months. How happy and excited they were. He remembered Safa's words that she can't be mother again. Everything was going in his mind like a loop making his head to ache and heart to clench. He looked at her again and kissed her forehead, then he went to mosque.

It was around 5:30 and he came back, he wanted to check on his mother but didn't. Noor and laiba were sleeping beside fatima's room, maybe safa asked them to stay in that room. He didn't went inside as he knew Noor might get little uncomfortable and it's not right to go inside without permission.

He went to fatima's room and sat on the chair beside her bed. It was really a miracle that Fatima was alive still, her heart was not beating for more than 3 minutes and it's so unusual. If things like this happen either the person will be brain dead or go in coma but nothing like that happen in fatima's case. Her body is still processing as if it didn't stop completely for 3 to 4 minutes.

He checked her drip and again did a full check up of her. He even made sure from neurologist to check on her brain and by Allah's grace everything was normal. He practically did her full body check up.

With that laiba came inside after knocking, Hasan was straightening her blanket.

"Hasan." Laiba called in a gentle voice.

He looked at her and greeted her.

"How is she?"

"Same."

Laiba came towards them and kissed Fatima's forehead.

"Can you drop me at home, I'm feeling tired." Laiba said still looking at Fatima.

She tried to make Hasan go back to home. He didn't touched the food from more than two days now. He was looking so tired as he slept only for 5 hours in this 2 days.

"Don't worry Noor will be with her and in half an hour Bilal will also come. I'm so tired bete can you drop me." She tried to reason it. Hasan nodded at her without saying anything. He gently kissed Fatima's forehead and they went down after Noor was with Fatima.

After 15 minutes they reached their home. Hasan was going back after dropping laiba but she didn't let him.

"Atleast take a bath Hasan."

He nodded and parked the car inside and they went in. Everyone was shocked seeing Hasan, they didn't thought he will come back leaving Fatima. He greeted in a low voice and started going upstairs, laiba was behind him.

"Take a shower and I'll bring something to eat."

"I don't want."

"Please for me."

He just nodded and went in his room. He unbutton his shirt and throwed it in a corner, the pendrive he took from safa was in his shirt's pocket. He went inside the washroom and stood under the shower, he was just numb at his place.

After about 15 minutes he got out and wore his clothes. He even packed some of Fatima's clothes. With that a knock came on the door revealing laiba. She got inside and kept the tray on the centre table. She took Hasan's hand and made him sit on the couch and sat beside him.

"You look like a human now." She said with a chuckle earning a slight fake smile from Hasan. She took the plate from table and kept it on her lap and started feeding him. He didn't listen first but eventually gave in.

"Ammi, how can I handle this? How can I handle fathi?"

"Bete trust Allah he will always be there with us. He will give patience to both of you, everything will be fine one day. It will take time but have patience."

Hasan was just nodding looking down at his fingers. She again started feeding him after few minutes Hasan layed on her lap. Laiba was messaging and stroking his hairs with her left hand.

"Ammi, I had a daughter, my daughter. Don't we deserve happiness, I couldn't even see her nor hold her. I wanted to do so many things with her. I wanted to treat her like a princess. Everything became a mess." He said with tears rolling down from his eyes down to laiba's lap.

Laiba was just silent, she don't have any words to say to her son. She was just stroking his hairs and gently kissed his forehead.

"Bete, why don't you sleep for sometime."

"No, fathi is alone." He said and got up.

"She is with her mother and brother. They will take care of her and Noor said she will call us when Fatima get up."

"I've patients to see."

"Okay but rest for sometime, then we can go together."

Hasan nodded at her. She got up washed her hand and took his shirt from the floor to keep it in laundry but the pendrive fell from it. She took it and went near Hasan.

"Hasan."

He looked up and she gave him. He was confused at first but said thank you and took his shirt from her hand and kept it in the laundry. Laiba went from there closing the door behind her. Hasan was just staring at the pendrive.

He took out his laptop and started seeing what's there in that. The pendrive was blank with only one video. He played it and froze at his spot, his eyes glued on the screen.

It was the video of Azam and Fatima. His face was not clear, it was hidden as he wore a mask. Fatima was tied to a chair unconscious. He fixed the camera at a distance and cleared the vision.

He moved towards Fatima and slapped her with a force waking her, she moved her head and looked up at him. He came a little near her and she spat on him making his anger to burst. He grabbed her hairs and made her look at him.

There was no fear left in fatima's eyes. The only thing visible was how to save her child. He slapped her again making her face to tilt at her side. He started touching her making tears roll down her face. She bite his hand and he punched on her stomach leaving a whimper from her mouth.

He untied her ropes and pushed her on the floor. He was forwarding his steps and she was crawling back in fear, all the flashbacks of her past were coming in her mind. He grabbed her ankle and she tried to kick him with other leg but failed.

He hovered over her and she was punching his chest continuously. He grabbed her throat and started tightening his grip. She became red and started scratching his hands trying to breath. He started moving his face in her neck and started touching and kissing her, his one hand was still on her throat.

He moved his hand and started touching her, she was coughing continuously and trying her best to grasp the air. He tore the cloth from her chest and started touching her, she punched on his face making him more angry. He got up and kept his foot on her face pushing it more and making her cry mess.

He kicked her stomach making her choke on her own air, she protectively kept her hands on her belly to save her unborn baby. She curled up a little trying to ease some pain. He again kicked her more forcely.

"Please don't please." She was in so much pain, she was just scared of her baby. He started laughing seeing her vulnerable state.

He kicked her face and started kicking her stomach again and again. He didn't stopped he was kicking her stomach with so much force. He used all his power in the kicks, it was now 15th kick. She became unconscious due to pain.

Hasan punched the centre table making it scatter into little pieces. He smashed the vase on the wall and punched the wall with a force. He was continuously punching the wall when Hamid and laiba came running in his room.

Hamid tried to stop him but Hasan pushed him making him stumble back. He started screaming punching the wall again. Hamid called someone and talked for a minute. He pulled Hasan and pushed him on the bed.

Hasan was about to punch Hamid but stopped in the middle looking who it actually was. He pulled his hairs and screamed in pain. Hamid pulled his hands and hugged him tightly. Hasan was too exhausted and started crying mess. Laiba had tears in her eyes seeing her son's condition.

Hasan immediately pushed Hamid and got up to leave, but Hamid's grip was tight on him.

"Leave me leave." Hasan again tried to move.

"Hasan calm down."

"Leave my Fathi is alone leave me she needs me, she needs me leave leave."

With that safa came in his room and injected him something. Within seconds he became unconscious and his head fell on Hamid's shoulder. Hamid carefully put him on the bed.

"Thank you safa." He said still looking at Hasan.

Laiba was beside Hasan stroking his hairs countinously with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"What made him like this." Safa asked.

"I don't know."

"Okay I'll go now I've a patient to see."

"Thank you so much bete thank you."

"It's nothing aunty and don't worry he will wake up in 5 to 6 hours. He needed some sleep."

Laiba went and dropped her to the door. Hamid was cleaning some of the mess when his eyes landed on the video. It was playing continuously, he froze at his spot seeing it with that laiba came and went near him. She was stunned to even speak.

She shut her eyes immediately when she saw him kicking Fatima countinously. Hamid immediately shut the laptop and took the pendrive out. He kept in his pocket and made laiba to sit on the couch rubbing her arm.

"Hamid, what was that?" She asked in a chocked voice.

"I don't know ammi, but I know one thing that Hasan's behaviour was justified. They are really in so much pain, Fatima is really so brave and strong."

"May Allah give them patience and ease their pains."

"Aameen. Ammi go and take some rest."

"No, I've to go at hospital. I can't leave my daughter, I could've never imagined how much she suffered before seeing it."

"I'll drop you. Don't worry Ammi everything will be fine."

They got down and said hania to ask the maid to clean Hasan's room. Laiba also told to supervise the maid as Hasan is in the room sleeping. With that they went to the hospital.

۝

It was a month now and Fatima became like a living dead. She usually sit in her room not doing anything in particular just sitting and staring the wall. She wasn't talking much nor showing any emotions. She only got up from her bed to washroom or for praying.

Hasan was trying his best but everything was going in vain. Rumaisa and laiba usually go to her room and talk to her but they get only a nod or some short responses. Noor and nida also started visiting her but she just sat silent without saying anything.

Everyone was doing their best to support Fatima. Hasan only go for 4 hours to hospital that too if there is really need. He already kept a professional CS in his place. His full focus was on fatima's recovery even though he was also suffering. His only goal of everyday was to make Fatima smile. She knew it and used to smile fakely but he knew it very well.

Even safa and Ayeza came and check on her. Her wounds were healed completely except the wounds of her heart, maybe it can never heal. She just became numb without any emotions. She wasn't even crying anymore.

Fatima was in her room staring at her front when safa came. She greeted her and received her greetings back in a low voice.

"How are you feeling now sweetheart?"

"Fine." She said in barely audible voice.

"Did you ate or drink anything?"

"Yes."

"Really.! What have you ate?"

"Water."

"Water? You ate water?"

She was just silent.

"Fatima see your condition, what do you want tell me." She asked frustratedly.

"My daughter."

"Fatima it's been a month now and she will never come back why can't you understand this. I can't even imagine your pain but stop shutting your life, stop living like this."

Fatima was still looking at the front without any word.

"Fatima don't be so selfish now, do you even have any idea how much Hasan is suffering. Can't you see his pain? Do you even know how much he is trying to make you happy. Can't you just live for him."

"Do you even know how was his state when your heart stopped beating, he begged for your life and what you are doing right now making him suffer more being like this. Only you can help him to get out from this, can't you two share your pains instead of enduring it alone."

"Fatima if you ever loved him for a moment than stop living like this and don't make him and yourself suffer like this. Yes, I don't know how it feels to lose our own child but shutting everyone from your life is not a solution especially stop torturing Hasan."

"You think being like this will make you feel pain, than you are absolutely wrong you are only giving pain to others the one who cares for you, the one who loves you unconditionally. Stop it for god's sake Fatima."

"Think about it Fatima, think who you are hurting by all of this. Allah Hafiz." She said and stormed out of the room.

A tear left from her eyes but she immediately wiped it and slept covering herself fully. After about two hours Hasan came inside. He freshen up and offered his night prayer. He slowly went towards her and sat beside her. He was about to wake her up but she started screaming and crying. It was the first time from a month she got a nightmare.

"Fathi."

"Jaan."

"Get up, get up."

He removed the blanket from her face and started shaking her. He shaked her again and she woke up with a scream. She looked at her surroundings and looked at Hasan. She immediately sat on the bed and hugged Hasan tightly. He was taken back for a moment because she hugged him first time in this month.

"Jaan, it was just a dream. You are safe Fathi you are safe."

She started crying in his embrace clutching his shirt tightly.

"Hasan, he killed our baby, he killed our daughter." She was saying in between her sobs.

"Shush shush." He was stroking her hairs.

"I couldn't protect her I couldn't protect her, I'm not a good mother I didn't protect our daughter. Maybe this is why she left us Hasan. She left us because she knew I was a bad mother."

"It's not true Jaan it's not true. You would be a great mother, she didn't left us Fathi she will wait for us up there. It wasn't your fault love nothing was your fault."

"I let him kill her, I could've protected her if I tried to be strong but I wasn't I just let him kill our blessing."

"No fathi you did your best, you were really very strong. You did everything in your power, you were so brave and strong love. You are my strongest girl, it was all Allah's will Jaan. It's not in our control, he will always do the best."

"Hasan, don't I deserve happiness? Can't I be happy and live normal, why everytime he snatch my happiness. Why is he still in our life, what did I ever do to him? Hasan am I really this bad that I don't deserve to live a normal life with you. Am I so bad"

"No no you are not bad, you can never be bad. You are my life and my life is not bad. You deserve everything sweetheart, every single thing. Insha Allah you will again find your happiness. I'm with you Jaan I'll always be there with you."

"Hasan I just want to be happy. Please I can't take this anymore why can't I live with you peacefully why does he always crush my happiness."

Hasan tightened his hug and pulled her more closer.

"Hasan, I felt her. I heard her heartbeat, I felt her kick. I felt everything about her, how can I even forget that."

"I know Fathi I know, who is even telling you to forget about our daughter. She will always live in us we can never forget her."

It was now more than half an hour that she was clinging on him. He was just stroking her hairs and caressing her back.

"I'm sorry." She said and pulled herself from him.

"Why would you say that?"

"For being selfish and not thinking about you."

"You were never selfish Fathi. I know you were in lot of pain, I'm glad you started talking with me again and shared what you were feeling."

"You didn't got fed up with me."

"Never, Jaan you are my everything. I'll never get tired of you, I just want one thing from you."

"What?" She asked looking in his eyes.

"Don't ever leave me alone and always be happy. Just stay by my side I don't want anything else. Just be with me."

"Always and even I want the same thing." She said and hugged him again. Hasan kissed her head. She moved a little and looked up at him, he just smiled at her and she smiled back. She moved a little closer and kissed him, Hasan kept his hand behind her neck and pulled her more closer deepening it.

After few minutes they pulled apart and attached their foreheads. She again hugged him and kissed his neck softly.

"Fathi?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to go down for dinner."

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes, I can't trouble everyone more."

"You didn't troubled anyone Jaan."

Fatima freshen up a little and wore a decent dress and made herself presentable. She wrapped her hijab and got out from her walk-in closet. Hasan was staring at her, he got up and went towards her.

"You look so pretty butterfly."

Fatima smiled widely at him making his heart at peace. He kissed her forehead and they went down to dinning room. Only Hania and Zara were sitting scrolling their phones. They got surprised seeing Fatima.

They both went towards her and did a group hug.

"My rosy is back." Hania said with a smile and Fatima just smiled back.

"I'm so happy bhabhi, and you really look so beautiful." Zara said making Fatima to smile widely.

"Thanks." She said in a low voice.

"Where is everyone I'm starving now." Hasan said and sat on his chair. They all sat back. Hania and Zara were continuously talking with Fatima making her feel comfortable.

After about few minutes laiba and Hadi came, they were also a little surprised. Laiba came towards Fatima and kissed her forehead.

"Welcome back bete."

"Sorry Ammi for worrying you."

"No problem bete you are fine now and that's all matter." She said making Fatima smile. With that the others also came, even they had the same expression. Rumaisa and haya gave her a hug with a huge smile. Dinner was a blur with normal talks and some teasing.

Fatima and Hasan was in their room. She became more clingy, she was literally on top of him, Hasan had a huge smile on his face, his hands were securely wrapped around her. Fatima slept within minutes, he carefully turned himself and made her sleep on the bed comfortably.

"I'm so happy Fathi, I love you so much." He said and kissed her head, pulling her closer to him and wrapping his hands around her.

It was around 5:30 and Fatima got up with a nightmare, she started breathing heavily. She immediately hopped off her bed and ran towards the washroom. She turned the shower on and started rubbing her body with a force.

She was feeling disgusted by herself as he touched her again, but this time it felt so wrong. She is married to Hasan, how can she ever let anyone touch her? She started scratching her skin making it bloody.

Hasan got up and went near the washroom door as he heard the silent sobs. He rubbed his eyes shaking of the sleep, he moved a little closer towards the door and heard the sobs clearly. He got panicked and knock on the door.

"Fathi." He knocked again and the door got open a little, she forgot to lock it.

"Fathi, are you fine?"

"What happened love?"

"Shall I come inside."

"No no."

"Okay but tell me what happened and please stop crying."

There was another sob.

"Fathi I'm coming, I'll not see if you don't want but I'm coming."

He opened the door and went in shutting his eyes. He forwarded his hand in the air so that she can hold him.

"Don't come near me I'm dirty, he touched me I'm dirty Hasan don't touch me.."

"Hey hey relax can I open my eyes please."

"Yes." She said in barely audible voice.

He opened his eyes and stunned at his place seeing her state. She was on the floor with drench clothes, and the water little red. He immediately closed the shower and got on his toes infront of her. He tried to touch her but she moved back a little to the wall.

"Talk to me please." He said in a calm voice.

"He touched me.. I'm feeling disgusted by...myself. I'm sorry I let him touch me..I promise I tried my best..." She was saying further but Hasan hugged her tightly and she started crying mess in his embrace.

"Shuusshh everything is fine,I know you did your best and you don't need to tell me sorry it wasn't your fault Fathi."

"Hasan only you can, then how can I let him."

"I know how you are feeling baby but it wasn't your fault, you tried your very best so it's not you love." He said calmly and carried her, she immediately wrapped her hands around his neck. He made her sit on the counter near wash basin.

"Can I ?"

She just nodded. He took off her clothes and started dabbing it with a towel. He bought a ointment and started applying her gently blowing a little.

He went getting some clothes for her. He made her wear it and started drying her hairs. She leaned her head on his shoulder and he was just drying it. He again carried her and took her to the room and made her sit on the bed.

Hasan sat on his knees infront of her, holding her hands and kissing her knuckles. He took both of her hands and kept it on his face trying to warm it a little.

"I love you Jaan I love you so much. Not a single thing was your fault, you were strong and I know it."

____________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600 62 6
Abhi popped the question, Pooja said 'yes'. She believed they were meant to be, but her to-be mother-in-law thought otherwise. Will Pooja be able to...
124K 2.9K 43
Xia Yao's self-awareness awakened and she found out she was only a vicious female character with reduced wisdom created by an author. The heroine of...
225K 8.1K 35
"You're trying, you really are but what I have done to you has broke you in ways not even God can describe." SEQUEL TO THANK YOU MR BULLY! Best: Shor...
3K 345 32
Meet Jonathan Anderson and Vanshika Williams!!😊😊 " Do you like me?" Vanshika asked him. " Yes I like you." Jonathan replied. " Do you love me?" Van...