The Girl Who Survived

By xoxomilliee

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙡𝙮𝙣 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 17.1549. She had a hard life but she survived everything th... More

𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓵𝔂𝓷
It All Started With One Phone Call
The Beginning Of Everything
I Hate My Life
Collinswood
Should I Not Have Come?
New Friend
Storytime
Why Is He Like That?
Little Hunting Trip
Finally
Alec
Meeting
Movie Night
Mission
Secrets Secrets
Home Sweet Home
Did You Miss Me?
Back In The Days
Runaway
Maybe In Another Life
Wicked Game
Standing In The Cold Rain
Haunting Memories
Pieces Of The Life I Had Before
Dark Shadows
Black Velvet
Wedding Bells
Day After Day
Missing Piece
When Love And Death Embrace
Only A Vampire Can Love You Forever
Butterflies And Hurricanes
Enchanted
In These Arms
Red As Wine
The Devil In Disguise
The Taste Of The Poison On Her Lips
Your Blood Like Ice
Sacrifice
𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽
Back To Bourbon Street
When Angels Cry Blood
Yesterdays
Cats In The Cradle
Dusk Till Dawn
In Joy And Sorrow
Wildflowers

Jane

2.5K 45 0
By xoxomilliee

Jane's pov

I walked towards my room, I saw my brother coming towards me angrily. "Brother." I said pausing.

"Sister." He answered and at the same time stopped in front of me.

"Who has pissed you off this time?" I asked, staring at him. He sighed and shrugged.

"Alec?"

"Demetri and Felix."

I raised an eyebrow to asking what happened.

"They recently arrived in the throne room to say they were back from a hunting trip, and Aro said he wanted to meet Madilyn soon and talk about her."

"And? what was in that?" I asked confused.

"That wasn't all. Aro left and Demetri started to tell what they did and how Madilyn played with the young boy she preyed on."

I laughed out loud and Alec glared at me. "Oh brother, are you jealous?" I asked teasingly.

"I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not jealous."

"Yes you are, and it shines far from you."

"I'm not." Alec said annoyed.

"I'm going to spend time with your Madilyn tomorrow." I said with a grin and started walking away.

"What!? Why!?" Alec quickly came to my side. I grinned at him and he stopped in front of me.

"Jane?"

"Yes Alec?"

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Why yes, Jane what's on your mind?"

"Don't worry brother, I'm not going to tell her you're jealous."

"Jane..."

I sighed and turned fully to look at him. "Why not? You haven't even made a move to get to know her, then you stare at her and get angry when Demetri and Felix tell you that they spent time with her. When you are head deep in your ass and do nothing.
Pull yourself together and do something Alec!" I said angrily.

Alec blinked. "Like what?" He asked.

"Take her on a date."

"On a date?"

"Yes to a date! That's what young people do these days, go on dates and get to know each other."

"Jane... I've never been on a date and I've never wanted a soulmate and now this situation is new, I don't want to rush into anything, I want to take it slow."

"Not on a date date but take her to the movies, she likes movies and now they are watching horror movies with Felix and Demetri."

Alec raised an eyebrow. "I'm a vampire over a thousand years old and you think I'd go to the movies?"

"Yes, but you are still 17 physically."

"How old is she?" Alec asked.

"I don't know, she looks like our age, but something like 400 if she changed in 1566." I answered with a shrug.

"Do you still imagine us going to the movies?"

"Don't be so old fashioned Alec, what were you going to do? Take her for a horse-drawn carriage ride?" Alec rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you can take it as slow as you want but still do something before she leaves here forever."

Back to Madilyn's pov

We spent the night watching movies with Felix and Demetri, I made them watch Pretty Woman and I'm sure if Felix was human he would have cried especially since the movie isn't even sad. Morning came quickly and I decided to go back to my room to change my clothes. I don't even know what we're going to do with Jane. I decided to wear regular clothes, jeans and a nice top. I was brushing my hair and at the same time I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said in a normal voice, knowing that Jane was behind the door.

"Morning Madilyn." She said as she entered the room. Her hair was in a bun and she was wearing a black dress with tights and high heels.

"Morning, I'm ready, what are we going to do today?"

Jane looked around the room. "I thought we could go into town for some shopping?"

"That sounds great, shall we?" Jane nodded and we headed out.

We went to almost every clothing store that can be found around here. "Do you want to visit a vinyl record store?" Jane asked. I turned to look at her, startled.

"We heard you singing while Demetri played piano, I thought you'd like to come and see what's available." She said with a smile.

"It sounds good." I answered. We went to a small boutique with our bags. Jane offered to take my bags so I could look at the vinyls.

"Wow, there is a great selection here." I said looking around. "Yes, I've been here myself."

"What kind of music do you listen to?" I asked her. "I have a wide taste in music." She answered.

I was going through the vinyls and found a couple that I bought, after that we left. Jane took me to a wonderful scenic spot. We sat on the bench and looked at the scenery, the afternoon began to approach and I thought how quickly the day went by again.

"What do you like about Volterra?" She asked.

"This is a great place, I wonder how I've never been here even though Damon and I traveled all over Europe." I answered and watched as Jane turned to look at me.

"Oh Damon is my friend."

"I know, we heard your story." She said with a smile. Oh, so they both listened.

"Jane?"

"Yes?" She answered.

"What does Alec think of me? I mean he hasn't said anything to me and..." Jane cut me off.

"I know that Felix and Demetri have told you everything, and I can't answer you any more. I don't know what's going on in my brother's head, he's been acting strange since you arrived. You know our story and how we only have each other. We've never let anyone near us. Felix and Demetri are the only ones we have met while here. This is new, we never expected to find soul mates and when you arrived it happened to Alec. At first I was angry and surprised myself, but hearing how you talked with Demetri and Felix and told them your story changed my opinion of you. But I don't know what my brother thinks. I wish we had a mind reader too."

I nodded to Jane and turned to look at the scenery. I felt Jane's eyes on me. Maybe I should take the initiative and find out what Alec wants. If he doesn't want anything, I'll leave. the problem is that mate bond. Alice has told me how it works and after a long time apart it starts to show in the behavior. Even though I don't feel it myself, I know it's hard for Alec but I don't want to force him into anything just because we are soul mates.

But I don't want to cause Alec anything and I don't want to separate him and Jane which means I can't leave. I sighed out loud and Jane asked what I was thinking, I just answered her briefly that all of this and she nodded in understanding. We sat on the bench for a few hours and Jane told me about her life in the Volturi and I told her everything I had done, we also laughed and I forgot everything for a while. But all good things come to an end and we returned back to the castle.

We went in different directions because Jane and Alec's rooms are on a different side of the castle than mine. I went back to my room and put my shopping away. There was a knock at the door and Demetri came inside. "How was your day with Jane?"

"It was awesome, we went shopping and look what I bought." I dug out the vinyl records that I bought.

"Awesome." Demetri said as he looked at the records. "Shall we go listen right away?" Demetri asked excitedly.

"Let's go."

Demetri led me to the library where the vinyl player is. He put the record on and we listened to it. "Scorpions is a good band, I always cry myself to sleep listening to it." Demetri said. I started laughing.

"Demetri vampires neither sleep nor cry."

"I know, but I wanted to say it." He said with a smile. Still loving you started playing and Demetri held out his hand. I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want to dance?" He asked.

"Dance? are you serious?" I asked with a laugh. Demetri smiled. "Okay, let's dance." I replied taking his hand. I put my hand on his shoulder and we started dancing to the music.

"You are a good dancer Madilyn." Demetri said spinning me around. I laughed at the surprising move.

"You're not a bad dancer yourself Demetri." I answered. The door opened and Alec entered, looking around, his gaze going from the vinyl player to Demetri and me. We stopped dancing and I stepped further away from Demetri. His gaze darkened and he glared at Demetri angrily.

"Hi Alec." Demetri said with an innocent smile.

Alec took steps towards Demetri and me. Like a beast preying on his prey. His eyes were really dark and his hands were in fists. I don't know what came over me but I stepped in front of Demetri. Alec stopped and looked at me surprised by my movement. His dark eyes locked into mine. I tried to read him by looking at his eyes and gesture. But I couldn't find anything.

"Alec."

I said his name, it came so softly off my tongue and I saw Alec's expression and gesture soften. Before I could say anything else the door opened again. My gaze shifted to Master Caius who walked in with a blank expression on his face. He walked towards us and stopped to see how we were standing. Demetri behind me and Alec in front of me. Alec didn't even turn to look, but I felt his gaze stay in my eyes. Caius raised an eyebrow at us. Demetri cleared his throat and moved to the side.

"Master Caius."

I glanced at Alec and moved to the side looking at Caius. Alec turned around and Caius was staring at him. "Alec, Aro wants to see you now, I had to come myself because I can't find that one idiot anywhere." Caius snapped looking in Demetri's direction hinting at Felix.

"Yes, master, I will come right away." Alec replied and left without looking at us. Caius looked me in the eyes and then looked at Demetri and turned to face the door and left.

"What was that?" I asked turning to look at Demetri.

Demetri shrugged. "Alec didn't seem to like us dancing." Demetri said with a laugh.

"He looked like he wanted to kill you." I said.

Felix arrived and looked at us. "What's up?" He said walking over to us.

"Alec came in and saw me and Madilyn dancing." Demetri said. Felix's expression changed and a big grin appeared on his face.

"Looks like your plan worked and got a reaction out of Alec." He said to Demetri.

I blinked "What? Was that one of your plans?" I asked looking at Demetri.

"Oh no, that wasn't planned Alec appeared out of nowhere, but apparently it still worked."

"What worked?" I asked confused.

"We got a reaction out of Alec!" Felix exclaimed.

"It would seem that he likes you and is jealous." Demetri said with a smile.

"So it doesn't take long before he takes the initiative because he thinks that Demetri is a competitor." Felix said with a laugh. I looked ahead in confusion, they were planning to make Alec jealous?

"You guys are stupid." I said.

"You'll thank us later." Demetri answered with a smile.

"Yeah, at your wedding." Felix said with a grin, looking at Demetri, and they clapped their hands together in the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 13.4K 51
Eli lived a pretty normal life, that was until she discovered the existence of vampires. Now she has to face her own demons, and come to terms with h...
111K 3.4K 60
[ #1 in Vampire ] [ #3 in Twilight ] Violet Forsythe and her family were crowded into the depths of a beautiful castle in Volterra during their vacat...
76.6K 2.8K 30
˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦋 ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(𝗇.) The Italian word for 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲.] ❝If time were governed by Eros, I would stay in your arms fore...
17.7K 516 28
Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD The 1700 Cascadia Earthquake happened in 1700 The Titanic sank in 1912 The Attack on Pearl Harbor happened in 1941 9...