MENACE || BWWM (BOOK #2 OF HI...

By steezbeans

Everett Carter, formerly known as Adam Lancaster, was the son of psychopath. his other personality, Adam, had... More

For Old and New readers.
Ciara-1
Everett-2
Everett-3
Ciara- 4
Everett-5
Ciara- 6
Everett-7
Ciara- 8
Everett- 10
Everett 11 [M]
Everett 12 [M]
Ciara 13
Everett 14
Final chapter

Everett- 9

66 7 0
By steezbeans

[ Can we please leave. ]

We have to figure out what to do with this guy first.

[ Just leave him. ]

What if this gets traced back to us?

[ He's not dead. ]

That's true. He won't remember my face. I hear someone walking.

[ Hurry up ]

I put my cigarette in my mouth and reach down to grab the man's arm and lean down picking him up over my shoulder. I look around and see a trash bin. That'll have to do. I go to the bin and look inside to see it was empty. That fall might hurt him more.

[ He's already knocked out. Who cares? ]

I look around again and see a pile of trash including some mattresses that are dirtied with unknown substances. That's better.

I drop him on the trash and put some of the black bags on top of him to hide him a bit.

We have to bring it home right?

[ No. no animals.]

Why not? It's cute.

I go to where we were standing before and bend down to pick up a small kitten that was too close to meeting his end because of that douche bag.

Walking back home from Ciara's store, I didn't expect to see a guy holding a lot lighter to a kittens belly. He was experimenting and it was disgusting.

[ It's not cute. It's dirty and kind of ugly. ]

"Everett?"

My head whips towards the opening of the alley and I stand up quickly hiding the kitten behind my back.

"Oh hey. Where's Kal?" I speak but realize I have the cigarette in my mouth. I quickly take it out hurriedly puffing the smoke out.

[ chicks dig it ]

Yeah if this was a fanfiction sure.

[ How do you know about that? ]

Don't worry about it.

"Why are you in a dark alley alone?" She ask staying in the light.

"Just...killing some time." I let out a stupid awkward laugh.

[ She didn't answer our questions.]

"Where's Kal?" I ask again.

She looks taken aback for a second. My tone must've been more demanding and dark than intended.

"He's on a date right now at the cafe." She looks down almost flustered.

"So youre walking home by yourself. It's getting dark that's not safe, Ciara." I scold her without realizing I'm even doing it.

"Well it's not like I have a big strong boyfriend to walk me home." She laughs as she says it but I see she's watching my reaction to her words.

[ No boyfriend? ]

"No?" I feel my arms relax causing the kitten to show and my cigarette.

"Is that a kitten?" She asks excitedly walking closer to me. 

She grabs my arm lifting it up to see the small kitten even closer. The kitten wasn't too small but in her hands he looked bigger.

"I found him eating trash." I lied.

"Aw. We should bring him home and give him something to eat." She cuddles him close causing him to purr in her arms.

[ Why does everyone want to bring that diseased thing home? Leave it to die. ]

Sometimes I forget how heartless you actually are.

[ it's my brand ]

"Alright let's head home." My ears perk up as I hear slight groaning coming from where I left that dude.

I quickly push Ciara out of the alley way and walk side by side with her. It's quiet except for the sound of cars and the occasional horn.

"You smoke?" Ciara says looking straight ahead.

I look down and see I still have the cigarette in my hand, "Sorry." I stop and take one last puff before dropping it and putting it out.

I turn my head away from her and the kitten and exhale before continuing to walk with her.

"You didn't have to do that. I dont like it but I don't mind it if you need it." She smiles up at me.

"I don't do it often. Just when I'm really stressed." I try to reassure her I don't have the habit.

She nods her head and it goes silent again. The silence usually comforts me but it was killing me. I didn't know what to say and If something came to mind I didn't know how to say it.

[ Just ask. What's the worst she can do?]

Get upset and move out, never speaking to me again.

[ ...that won't happen. ]

"Who's Logan?" I finally spit it out and ask.

She doesn't seem phased by the question and keeps looking straight ahead.

"Did Kal mention that name?" She asks petting the kitten in her arms.

"No. I saw a message from him on your phone."

This time she actually stops and looks at me confused.

"Wait, did you think that Logan was my
Boyfriend?"

"Well guys don't usually text girls that they miss them in the morning." I shrug and refuse to make eye contact with her.

"Oh my God. Logan is a girl." She lets out a snort and puts a hand to her face covering her smile.

"Logan's a- wait what?" I squint my eyes looking at her with disbelief.

"She's my best friend from back home. We haven't talked in a bit so she texted me she missed me. That's the message you read right?"

I'm surprised she's not upset by the fact that I looked at her message like a snooping creep.

"Yeah..." I put my hood on trying to hide my embarrassment.

[ Nothing can hide that ]

Ciara turns to keep walking to the apartment. She keeps a smile on her face, showing no signs of being upset or angry at me.

[ She walks fast ]

I catch up to her and walk next to her again, this time a small satisfied smile on my own face. She doesn't have a boyfriend.

[ Wouldn't have mattered to me ]

We know.

"I'm not big on misunderstandings. I'll always clear things up if you ask." She suddenly says as we walk up to the apartment building doors. I opened the door for her and let her in.

"Good to know." I say in a low voice.

I follow her to the elevator and then to our door. When we finally get inside, she puts the cat on the ground and goes to the kitchen.

The cat barely moves as it takes in its new surroundings. I bend down trying my best to get on its level and pet its head, making it purr.

"You can stay here as long as you like." I whisper to it.

[ I can't stand animals. ]

"He's not too small so maybe he can have this." Ciara comes back to where we are and kneels next to the cat.

She puts down a small bowl filled with tuna. The cat walks to the bowl sniffing it before chowing down.

"Poor thing." Ciara says sucking her teeth and gently petting the cats back as it eats.

I watch her and see the pity and disappointment layered on her face. I rather her be smiling. She was beautiful when she smiles. Well she was beautiful either way, but still.

It's quiet expect for the sounds of the cat happily gulping down the tuna. My eyes stay focused on Ciara as her eyes stay focused on the cat. She could probably feel my stares, but I couldn't help it. She was single and enjoyed my kiss. She didn't hate me for it and if anything it seems like if I did it again she would be ecstatic.

That annoying voice in my head is quiet as I stare.

[ Just taking in the view. ]

You usually don't do that silently.

[ Well seems like both of us are changing a bit, don't you think? ]

"Your knuckles." Ciara shocks me as I realize her hand has mine in a light grasp.

[ This is why I told you to just kick him. Same effect less evidence. ]

"It's nothing." I try to retract my hand but she tightens her grasp.

"Did you get into another fight?" She looks at me as she holds my hand. I can feel my hand start to sweaty so I break out of her hold.

"No...I fell."

[ Pathetic. Just tell the truth, look how worried she is about me ]

She's worried about me, not you.

[ Same thing ]

Not the same thing. She doesn't even know about you and she never will.

"That's...alright I won't ask anymore about it. Just make sure you clean it."

I nod my head at her and we both stand up leaving the kitten to eat. Ciara lets out a tired sigh and goes to the couch, leaning back and kicking her feet up on the coffee table.

I sit next to her, the small couch forcing us to be closer than expected.

"You should go take a nap. You sound exhausted." I say trying not to focus on how closer her hand is to mine.

"I'll sleep eventually." She sighs again and scoots closer to me, putting her head on my shoulder.

[ Stop being so tense. ]

I'm trying...

"Ciara?"

She shift her head to look up at me while still on my shoulder, "Yes?"

[ Say it. Tell her how we feel.]

What if I spook her and she leaves?

[ She can't leave. ]

We can't hold her hostage...I don't think. Damn, I can't tell her when my thinking is being taken over.

"Nevermind." I look away from her.

I can feel her still staring at me still, wanting me to say what I had in mind. I can't though. I can't say I like her, I can't even ask her out on a date. Not when I feel like strangling any guy who even glances at her for a millisecond. Not when I feel antsy when she's gone for even 5 minutes. I was feeling obsessive and possessive and that was just a further reminder that Adam isn't gone and will always be apart of me.

I had to drown out my thoughts and disappointments so I grabbed the remote that laid on the arm of the couch and turned it on. I felt Ciara wrap her arms around my free one and bring her legs up to her chest practically snuggling her whole body into me.

[ She could be ours.]

She could be mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 291K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
2.9M 85.1K 32
They believed she was psychotic, He believed she was different. They saw crazy, He saw innocence. She doesn't know why she belongs here, He knows sh...
7.7K 162 25
There story is different. Adam Torres is a goddy goddy. Kat Davis is the bad girl. Adam has moved to New York with his mom because his dad had passed...
13.3K 871 35
Emma Ayers suffers from PTSD from sexual abuse. From ages 8-13, she was raped, molested, and tortured by her Uncle Jack. Despite the fact that he is...