The Overwatch Story

By TareqALM

The Overwatch lore made into a single continuous story. All content belongs to Blizzard. This is fan fiction... More

Prologue - The Omnic Crisis
Chapter 1 - Chaos Within Order
Chapter 3 - Kings Row
Chapter 4 - what it could be
Chapter 5 - Rise and Shine
Chapter 6 - Dragons
Chapter 7 - The Crusader's Oath
Chapter 8 - High Noon
Chapter 9 - The Iris
Chapter 10 - Ghosts
Chapter 11 - A Perilous Healer
Chapter 12 - Justice Reigns From Above
Chapter 13 - New Blood
Chapter 14 - Infiltration
Chapter 14.5 Infiltration (2)
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka
Chapter 16 - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 17 - A Storm Brews
Chapter 18 - Liberation
Chapter 19 - Just in Time
Chapter 20 - New Recruits
Chapter 21 - Music in Rio
Chapter 22 - Appreciation

Chapter 2 - A Friend

79 4 2
By TareqALM

There are a few reasons Lena wore a hoodie today. She wanted to blend in and not attract attention. Her chronal accelerator on her chest is an eye catcher. A hoodie would do the trick to hide it. Though she does end up looking a bit chubby, but she isn't complaining about that. She still remembers that day on the slipstream jet. When all the equipment went haywire and the controls malfunctioned before takeoff. She tried to control the ship before it detonated. However, since the detonation originated from the teleportation matrix, it rearranged her body's molecules and she was able to survive the explosion. When the rescue team went through the wreckage, her body, along with the teleportation matrix, was not found. She was presumed dead. It took months until Tracer began to fade in and out of existence and for someone to realize that Tracer was still alive. No one really knew where she fading in and out of. Some researchers claimed she was going into the fourth dimension. Others have claimed she is teleporting in between locations just as the matrix was intended to function. They were too baffled to come up with working plan to save her. From Tracer's perspective, it was like trying to remember a dream. Everything is too hazy and cluttered. Though she remembers clearly that she felt cold. For Tracer, the period of months felt like seconds. Overwatch's scientist was stumped and hopeless until Winston heard of the incident. He stepped in and wouldn't give up until he helped out his friend. He concluded that she is indeed teleporting but through both space and time. He termed the condition as chrono dissociation and developed a device to stabilize her condition and tether her to the present. Since then, Tracer was able to control her new ability and help people.

Lena walked out of her apartment building with a hand on her chest over the hoodie as she was remembering her past. She looked at the sky that was completely cloudy now without any sunlight passing through. She looked across the street. The omnics and the police truck that transports them were no longer there. Though, one police vehicle was around. She looked around and found the officers standing over what looked like a body on the ground with white drapes over it. A frown emerged on Tracer's face. Coincidentally the sky turned darker and it seemed like it was going to rain. In a matter of seconds, rain drops began to fall. She realized that it was stupid not to check the forecast before stepping out. She didn't have an umbrella, so she put her hood up and started walking.

Winston currently stays at the Overwatch London Base. He doesn't like to roam around because everyone can spot him and know it's the gorilla from overwatch. As a result, not many people know that Winstons stays there. Lena is one of the few. The base is located not too far away from Lena's apartment. It's about a 20-minute walk to the main entrance. Though, the main entrance has been abandoned for years since overwatch was disbanded. It's now barricaded and has many signs that state "closed by executive mandate". Lena has to go around to enter from a secret back door. That lengthens the duration of the walk by only 5 minutes, but 5 minutes in the rain feels a lot. To get to the secret entrance, she needs to head into some alleyways. During her walk, she came across multiple graffiti on the wall depicting the war. Some of which depicted overwatch and their victories with the words "there is hope". It always brought a smile to her face seeing them. But not today. One of these graffiti drawings was in an alley basketball court. Attached to that basketball land post was a deceased omnic that had the word "scum" written on its forehead in red. It was slumped down on the ground. Its clothes ripped in several places. Its metal skin looks worn down. They must have been there for days. Lena stood silently in the rain looking down on this scenery with a frown. All she thought about is how this isn't what she fought for. She hasn't realized it but she was entirely soaked now. She must have been standing there for a few minutes while it was pouring. She tried to wipe the word but it seems to have dried in place completely. She untied the body, took the omnic to the side and found a drape to cover it with. She started getting a chill and decided to get a move on to avoid getting sick.

The secret entrance at the back is a metal door without a handle. It's locked and only accessible by a retinal scanner which is hidden behind a brick wall. You can only find it if you knew what you are looking for. Lena moved the brick out of the way and scanned her eye. A puff of air came out the sides of the door indicating it got unlocked. She went in and it automatically shut behind her. She was dripping water as she was walking through a plain corridor which was lit with spotlights. The corridor ends with an automatic door that opened as Lena got closer. She stepped into a large square room that is lit by a large chandelier. It's fitted with wooden flooring. This was the common room. It had 2 rectangular tables in the middle, a sofa and coffee table on one side, and a large flat screen tv with armchairs on the other. The third side had five colored doors that would lead to small rooms. Lena always liked the yellow room. The last side of the room had a bar stand and a few stools. The stand was empty and looked like no one has restocked the place in a while. It was Lena's idea to have potted plants in the room to add a bit of greenery. But the plants have wilted as no one takes care of them. Everything in the room was neat and clean, which isn't the common scenery when everyone is around. Still dripping wet, Lena decided to go into the yellow door and see if she had anything to dry herself off with. She found some sweat pants and white overwatch t-shirt that she changed into. The t-shirt was a bit oversized so she had to tie it around her waist. She took a few moments to go through some of the things in the common room before heading to Winston, who probably is on his workbench working with Athena, the computer system at the base.

She walked into the room and saw Winston too preoccupied on the workbench that he hasn't noticed her coming in. She decided to step closer and see what he is working on. It seemed like he was working on his shield projector. She couldn't tell what he was trying to do but it seemed like it was working on a miniature scale. She took the opportunity since his hands were no longer busy on the device and broke the silence by speaking in a low voice "I think it works pretty well".

Winston was startled and quickly turned his head. In a fraction of a second, red light reflected on his glasses. He looked back at the table and the shield was no longer projected. Instead, the word "FAIL" was displayed in red. A moment later the device was short circuiting. Winston had a look of disappointment on his face and said in a defeated voice "not again".

"Oh no, I know what that means" Lena replied and immediately blinked backwards away from the table as the device made small detonation. Lena's control over her abilities allows her to teleport 7.5 meters. She made a giggle and said "Hiya Winston, good to see you again"

"Tracer, you gave me a bit of a surprise..." He picked up the failed experiment and tossed it in a nearby basket marked with the words Junk. Athena interrupted him saying "Maybe you should take a break Winston, your heart rate is through the roof."

Winston was on his way upstairs by swinging on a rope dangling from the ceiling and said "I told you to stop monitoring my vitals Athena". He reached the second floor where he seemed to have a snack cupboard and picked a banana and a jar of peanut butter.

Lena was walking up the staircase now to reach Winston and said "Hi Athena... Come on Winston she's only looking after you. And.." she took a short pause "it's just Lena now, I haven't been Tracer for a while"

Athena greeted her back. Winston Grunted in disagreement to both of Lena's statements and has now swung down the rope back to the computer. Lena sighed and began walking back down the steps. She sprung herself onto a rotating stool and ended up bumping into him slightly. Winston was unfazed. He turned on the TV hanging above the computer. Dipped his banana in peanut butter and ate the entire banana in one bite. The TV was on a news channel where the reporter was discussing today's omnic incident that Lena saw earlier. She explained to Winston how this happened across from her building and how upset it made her feel. She even mentioned the tied up omnic in the alley. In a broken voice she said "I don't like the way things are here Winston. Some places around the world are doing better than London. France still has omnics in their police force. This isn't right. Many omnics even helped us in the crisis and yet they are treated here as prisoners."

Winston grinned "I'm glad you mentioned something about this. Some of the quarantine zones are not as bad as you think. Some of them have both humans and omnics but the media won't ever show it" Winston tossed the banana peel behind him and it missed the bin just slightly. He began typing on the computer and brought up some images of humans and omnics together. He continued "Have you heard of Tekhartha Mondatta?" Lena shrugged her shoulders. "He is an omnic leader in Shambali, Nepal. He believes in peace between omnics and humans. He has many followers across the globe. I'm trying to arrange and get him to pay a visit to London in order to give a speech and meet with some officials to start some changes here."

Lena was excited and asked "When is it happening?"

Winston scratched the top of his head and explained the current situation doesn't allow him to go out and meet the ministers to get this sort of thing started. He asked Lena if she would be willing in taking this up and she agreed. She was in for the whole plan. She just wanted things to change and was happy that a plan was in place. A spark of hope lit up in her eyes.

For the next few days, Lena kept passing by and going over details with Winston. The plan was finally in motion. Even though Overwatch has been disbanded, they still had some friends in power who would listen and probably agree with this plan. After a few meetings with officials, it was finally organized and a date was set for Mondatta to visit London where he would give a speech at Kings Row. Lena felt life was brought back into the base as the blackboard had posters and pictures to debrief about the mission. She just couldn't wait for the day to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.4K 40
Y/N is an assassin within the Overwatch team. Once asked to join a mission to eliminate omnics hurting mankind, she changes. Her sudden abduction dur...
21.4K 142 17
please read the most recent chapter!
4.5K 89 35
A young woman of the name; Azara Ciara Malakya, was under a district known as; the Overwatch Academy. Working at her hardest to forfill her dream and...
5.3K 50 24
(Complete) Idk what to really put here, its a love story between Tracer and a Male Talon agent so um...enjoy? 😇 They're working now! The pictures th...