Meant to be together | ✔

By Chronicles_of_love

Unedited! Wherein one is deeply in love while the other has vowed to never fall in love again. *************... More

~A/N~
~Synopsis~
~Characters~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Epilogue~

~Chapter 24~

897 91 18
By Chronicles_of_love

Unedited chapter ahead!! You may find some errors. Feel free to correct me in comments.

Happy Reading~

*********************************************************************************

Arjun

If Krisha behaving nicely with me surprises me, then her behaving so well with Aryan actually shocked me.
But I feel happy about it, finally they are back to normal.

We're currently in our room, all set to have a good night sleep.

"Good Night Krisha." I wished her and lied down on my side of bed.

"Good Night Arjun." She replied and lied down.

Soon after a few minutes, she shifted towards me and held my arm.
Like always.
This is something that has become a habit, I don't think she knows that though.

'Sleep well. I love you.' I whispered and moved my hand on her head while looking at her peaceful face.

********************************************************

Krisha

It's a wonderful morning and as usual Arjun is the first one to wake up.
I doubt he even sleeps.

Getting ready in a formal suit as usual, I went down stairs to see mom busy with some preparations.

"Good Morning Krisha." She wished with smile.

"Good Morning mom." I wished back with the smile, "What is all this?" I asked.

"This? This is preparation for tomorrow's Karwa Chauth." She informed me. "Will you keep the fast?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course, don't all married woman keep the fast?" I questioned.

"They do, but I thought that you work the whole day, so if it would be difficult to fast, then you don't have to." She said but I could still sense a bit of wanting in her voice for me to say yes.

"I've got no problem with it Ma, I'll keep the fast, but for now, I need to go to the office, when I comeback we'll discuss about it." I said and proceeded to go to the office.

.
.

After office hours I was back home, to see mom had a huge spread of sarees and jewelleries and she was busy selecting for herself.

"Ahh Krisha! You're back. Come and select something for you for tomorrow." She said excitedly tapping at space beside her.

"Yes mom, sure." I said and did as she asked.

We were so into selecting the perfect colour, perfect matching jewellery that we did not even pay attention to the time until we heard someone deliberately coughing standing behind us.

We turned back to look at Dad, Aryan and Arjun, looking at us with amusement , seeing the large number of sarees on the table.

"What happened?" Mom asked.

"Kalyani, Krisha, we're all really hungry. Can you please do the selection later?" Dad asked, innocently.

"Oh no!" Mom yelled making us all flinch at our places.

"What happened mom?" I asked, concerned.

"I forgot to make dinner!" She replied, still tensed.

"Mom! We've made it." Aryan said, making us look at him with confusion.

"Made what?" I asked.

"The dinner, Krisha. We've made the dinner, you both have to just come and eat." Arjun said, which made me and mom look at them with awe expression.

"Aww!" Me and mom said together to which we then giggled.

We then went to the dining table to see some fabulous dishes kept. We quickly ate and called it the day..
.
.

.

.

The next morning, I decided that I would go to the office, but would come home early.

"Mom, I'll come back by 4 or 5 in the evening. " I said to which she nodded with a smile and waved me a bye.

Honestly, she's so happy about the fact that I'm fasting, like it's something really unexpected.

.
.

.

As much as I decided to leave early, I could not do so. Because my assistant is unwell, so it was much work to manage, so I just texted mom that I'll be late.

She'll be disappointed, I guess.
But I've got no other option.

Still I managed to reach at least an hour earlier than regular day.
I parked my car to see that the house was exceptionally quiet.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out as I entered to look at mom sitting on the ground and dad and Aryan were standing in front of her.

"Mom!" I called out loudly and went near her to see she was sitting with Arjun's head on her lap while he was lying on the floor.

"Mom, what happened? Why is he lying down? Dad? Aryan? Please tell me something!" I said, panicking and sat down beside mom trying to wake him up.

"Krisha, he fainted." Dad told me.

"What?" I said loudly.

"Yes Bhabhi! We were all getting ready for the Karwa Chauth, and even brother was home early today. He was going to kitchen for something and suddenly fainted " Aryan informed.

"Doctor? Have you called a doctor?" I asked, still panicking.

"Yes, he's on the way he'll come soon." Dad said and within a minute, doctor arrived.

Arjun was brought to our room and the doctor checked him and all the while I didn't realize that I was actually crying until mom offered me a tissue and Aryan brought a glass of water for me.

"Doctor? How is he? What happened? Why he fainted?" I asked panicking, but soon realized it and again calmly asked him the same things.

"He had a drop in his blood sugar level as well as blood pressure. Seems like he didn't eat anything the whole day. He is really weak and I when was about to inject him glucose, he woke up and denied me to do so." The doctor told us and we looked at each other in confusion

"Anyways, This is the prescription, give him meds accordingly." The doctor said and went away.

"Mom? Why didn't he eat anything?" I asked her, surprised on him being hungry the whole day. Because clearly he's a big foodie.

"Even I'm surprised Krisha, he can't stay hungry for more than four hours. He only does this if there's some surgery, and as far as I know he didn't have one today." Mom said.

"He's fasting today. Isn't it obvious?" Aryan said and I was shocked but before reaching conclusions, I went inside the room to see him a bit awake.

"K.. Krisha. Hi! " He said weakly.

"Seriously? Hi? I was so God damn worried about you. Who asked you to keep a fast? And first of all, why are you even fasting?" I questioned.

"Hey! I'm not well. Don't you think you should be more loving?" He said jokingly.

"First answer me!" I demanded.

"It's Karwa Chauth today." He informed like I didn't know it.

"So?" I questioned raising my eyebrow.

"So, it's a tradition to keep fast for your spouse, so I did too. I kept a fast for you." He said shrugging his shoulders.

***********************************************************************************

Hey Lovely Readers,

Here goes the chapter 24.

Hope you all like it.

Sorry for uploading a bit late, but I was seriously having second thoughts about the whole book when it near the ending.

But anyways, I've thought that even if I've got one dedicated reader, I'm going to keep uploading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love,

Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.2K 32
||Book 1|| ♡Aliasha Rathore♡ ~"har aashiq ki ajab kahani hai, chup rehna bhi pyaar ki nishani hai". A 24 year-old global superstar. She has everythi...
867K 45.3K 58
Book of Aarna and Dhruv(Arranged Marriage Series #2) She is an extrovert He is an introvert. she is full of words. He is a man of few words. She is c...
581K 2.4K 3
# Book 1 in Forever Series °•𝐑𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚•° 26 year old. Medical residency student in neurology.She is the sweet sunshine girl who comes in an...
290K 13.4K 38
𝘜𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘯...