The Mahani Wolves (Completed)

By AprilJester

(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to... More

Chapter 1 - Grace
Chapter 2 - Nicolas
Chapter 3 - Kayla
Chapter 4 - Sam
Chapter 5 - Kayla
Chapter 6 - Grace
Chapter 7 - Keith
Chapter 8 - Nicolas
Chapter 9 - Kayla
Chapter 10 - Sam
Chapter 11- Nicolas
Chapter 12 - Doc
Chapter 13 - Kayla
Chapter 14 - Evan
Chapter 15 - Nicolas
Chapter 16 - Grace
Chapter 17 - Dean
Chapter 18 - Holly
Chapter 19 - Kayla
Chapter 20 - Nicolas
Chapter 21 - Evan
Chapter 22 - Lachlan
Chapter 23 - Kayla
Chapter 24 - Leah
Chapter 25 - Lachlan
Chapter 26 - Nicolas
Chapter 27 - Grace
Chapter 28 - Leah
Chapter 29 - Holly
Chapter 30 - Lachlan
Chapter 31 - Grace
Chapter 32 - Evan
Chapter 33 - Sam
Chapter 34 - Dean
Chapter 35 - Holly
Chapter 36 - Sam
Chapter 37- Kayla
Chapter 38 - Alex
Chapter 39 - Lachlan
Chapter 40 - Sam
Chapter 41 - Doc
Chapter 42 - Lachlan
Chapter 43 - Keith
Chapter 44 - Grace
Chapter 45 - Keith
Chapter 46 - Aubrey
Chapter 47 - Kayla
Chapter 48 - Doc
Chapter 49 - Holly
Chapter 50 - Dean
Chapter 51 - Nicolas
Chapter 52 - Aubrey
Chapter 53 - Sam
Chapter 54 - Duncan
Chapter 56 - Sam
Chapter 57 - Grace
Chapter 58 - Victoria
Chapter 59 - Alex
Epilogue - Ben
Bonus - Doc and Duncan

Chapter 55 - Holly

759 35 1
By AprilJester

The past six weeks seem to have passed in a blur of emotion as our lives have changed dramatically. We all know it happens, but so many in a short time is mind-boggling.

First, Nicolas is kidnapped and raped, only to find his mate.

His mate has two brothers. One is Grace's mate, and the other is Noelle's.

I find my choice mate, and so does Doc.

Sadly, we all are leaving the community we have called home for many years. It's exciting and heart-wrenching at the same time as we all say our goodbyes. Don't get me wrong, we work here, so we aren't leaving forever.

It's just not the same. I can't run over to Grace's for movie night anymore or walk outside to see Doc sending a stream of water into someone's face. I already miss seeing Nicolas walking through the courtyard, heading toward the infirmary with his signature coffee in hand. And I know I won't be returning often, as I'll need someone to open an Alpha ring for me to do so.

My work is behind a computer. In most instances, they will see me over a screen. If they want to stand over my shoulder, they will come to me. My training will bring me here quarterly for a few days, but that's it.

I look around my little house. After being here for five years, it seems weird to see the walls bare and all the boxes.

"You okay?" My mate asks as he wraps his arms around me from behind.

"Just thinking."

I can feel him in my head, looking at each emotion carefully.

"I can reject the job offer, and we can stay here." He says for the fifth time.

"Nope. I'm just being nostalgic. I'm looking forward to starting our new life." I say as I turn in his arms. Our ceremony is tomorrow, and we leave in a week.

Our new home in no man's land is a four-bedroom, two-story colonial with a wrap-around porch. We are renting it for the first year, with the option to buy it at the end of the lease.

Dorothy will stay with us until she decides on her own place. Her old house was returned to the pack, and her things are loaded in the front of the truck we are loading my stuff into. Between us, we have everything we need and more.

She arrived two days ago and is staying in the small guest cottage initially assigned to Evan, as my little house has only one bedroom. Plus, Evan and I are fully mated, so that would be awkward, to say the least.

Our ceremony is tomorrow and Evan gets a few days before we leave to get used to his new powers. He's already mastered the basic Mahani powers of shifting quickly, telling lies from the truth, and the wicked smell of pain.

I glance over at my desk as a window pops up. It's showing movement where there shouldn't be any. I walk over to look at the alert, bringing Evan with me.

"What's that?"

"Blood Alpha Sands. Let me pull up a thermal image." After I touch a few keys, it appears. "Since they don't normally train at this time of night, I'd guess a fight of some sort. Let's see. I count nine wolves."

"Yeah. They aren't fighting, though. See how they are positioning themselves? That's warrior training. And it's done in both daylight and after dark."

I took a moment to log the activity.

*******

My eyes can't leave my handsome mate in his black suit. I feel spellbound.

The décor for our ceremony is beautiful, all gold with a deep jeweled purple that matches Evan's eyes. My gown combines those colors, and I took the time to make sure every curl of my blonde hair was just right.

Grace and Lachlan came through an Alpha ring portal about an hour ago, and I spent a few minutes with my best friend. Doc is here, too. Her ceremony won't be for a few weeks. Like Grace's, it won't be done on a full moon. It will take almost all the Mahani Blood Alphas to transfer powers to a pack Blood Alpha, and it will be hit or miss with the Alpha commands. Leave it to Doc to make it difficult.

"Are you ready?" Evan takes my hands, and I nod as we exit the little tent that hides us until we walk to the platform.

As we reach the podium, I turn and stare into his eyes. I thought I would never have a mate. My devastation over losing my sister pushed everything aside; it took a long time to see past that. Knowing her mate and his family didn't blame me helped me to find closure.

"Thank you all for coming, and welcome to all," Blood Alpha Cooper begins. "We have come together today to celebrate the love the Moon Goddess bestows on us when our wolf finds 'that one person.' That one person who compliments us to make us the best we can be—that one person who we will love forever, fated or choice. I ask you all to take a moment to understand that while fate can be cruel, it can also bring us great joy and that one person who completes us. We will begin by letting Holly O'Neill-Rider and her mate, Evan Rider, recite their chosen prose to show their love and devotion for each other."

Like human weddings, we have a standard mating script, and it never gets old, making most cry at these ceremonies. Having it said at your own mating is pure bliss. My smile can not get any bigger as I stare at the man I'll love forever.

"Looking in your eyes, I see a paradise,

This world that I've found is too good to be true.

Standing here beside you, I want so much to give you,

This love in my heart that I'm feeling for you.

Let them say we're crazy, I don't care about that,

Put your hand in my hand, and don't ever look back.

Let the world around us just fall apart,

Baby, we can make it if we're heart-to-heart.

I'm so glad I found you, I'm not gonna lose you,

Whatever it takes, I will stay here with you.

Take you to the good times, see you through the bad times,

Whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do.

And we can build this dream together,

Standing strong forever because --

Nothing's gonna stop us now."

My full attention is on Evan as I send my love through our mate bond. I can feel his nervousness, along with his dedication to me. He nods to the Blood Alpha before beginning. 

"I'll stand beside you through the years,

And you'll only cry those happy tears,

And though I'll make mistakes, I'll never break your heart.

I'll give you everything I can

I'll build your dreams with these two hands.

We'll hang some memories on the wall.

And when there's silver in your hair,

You won't have to ask if I still care,

Because as time turns the page, my love won't age at all.

I swear--By the moon and stars in the sky,

I'll be there.

I swear--Like the shadow that's by your side,

I'll be there.

For better or worse, 'til death do us part,

I'll love you with every beat of my heart.

I swear."

Through my tears, I heard a sniffle that I thought was maybe Grace, but it could be Dorothy, too. All thoughts disappeared as my mate kissed me. The cheers were deafening. Once we broke the kiss, I hugged him before letting go to walk to the meadow, hand in hand.

A Delta's powers are primarily the power to find an answer with only a few clues and to find hidden or lost things. We also have the Mahani calming ability. These powers will transfer to Evan, and all will help him with his new job, even though they will only be at half-strength since this is a choice mating.

We stood in the center and waited for the moon to pass the horizon. Within a minute or two, I feel the moon pull on my power and turn to Evan, holding on to his waist as he moves his arms to hold mine. The wind is the first in my peripheral vision, but I focus on my mate bond with Evan. I feel the mist of water around us and the slight movement as we are pushed upward with the ground beneath our feet. I feel Leah and Blood Alpha Cooper in Evan's body. She is changing his DNA as her father guides her. Evan will not be able to travel through an Alpha ring but will have a weaker version of my other abilities. The fire starts, and I know she is almost done. 

Evan stays strong and barely feels the weakness that generally follows this procedure. I feel Leah slowly pulling back. The fire flares brightly before fading out. The mist recedes, and the ground flattens. The wind whips around us as I pull my mate in for a kiss.

Evan is dazed, but the kiss melts my heart and enters my soul.

I know my whole life has been lived so that I could feel this moment.

Thank you, Goddess.

*******

Holly's prose is adapted from Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.

Evan's prose is adapted from I Swear by All-4-One.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 9.3K 37
COMPLETED **First book in the Powerful But Broken Trilogy** I am Braelynn, the punching bag of my pack. I have been wanting to find my mate to take m...
1.7M 54.2K 70
"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matters." I turn away, hiding the moisture i...
96.9K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...
279K 8.7K 64
⭐Highest rank: #194 in Werewolf on 20/06/2020 ⭐#1 in projectwerwolves ⭐Featured in the @Werewolf profile under Werewolf Romance [Completed on: 13 Jul...