Ride

By BAManna

Alabama Carson has endured a life filled with pain. Her friends haven't been true friends, her family haven't... More

1: Now or Never
2: Into the Night
3: A New Journey
4: Fiends
5: August
6: Disarming Concerns
7: Dangerous World
8: POV Brody (Shock and Regrets)
9: POV Bradley (Unbelievable Truths)
10: POV Reece (Realization)
11: POV Jackson (Wonderwall)
12: Keep Going
13: True Kindness
14: That Incident
15: POV Brody (Comfort)
16: Failure
17: Heartwrenching
18: Chances
19: POV Reece (Promises)
20: POV Brad (Small Steps)
21: Getting There
22: Happy
24: Together
25: Your Love
26: Unpleasant Introductions
27: We're Okay
28: Finally
29: POV Reece (Catching Up)
30: Too Late
31: Oh Baby
32: Secrets
33: Baby Steps
34: Nothing Compares (End)

23: Stay

643 32 12
By BAManna

Author's note:

I knew you guys would love the previous chapter! Anyways, here's more! I've been trying to uplaod ASAP lately! Thank you for reading! voting and commenting! and all my silent readers out there, I still love you too ;)

-

Pam broke our kiss by yelling at the top of her lungs, I turned to her shocked and she was wide eyed and angry staring at Niclas, her cheeks were puffed out and she was standing in a stance that showed she was ready to attack. I quickly stood in front of him in defense so that the pan in her hand wont make contact with Niclas’ frame.

“Pam, is everything okay?” I was horrified, Pam looked so angry.

“You!” She pointed at Niclas; I looked up at Niclas to see that he was just as confused as I was. “You hurt my Allie! And you show up at my house unexpected?” I was dumbfounded for a second before I understood what Pam was getting at. I slowly walked up to Pam and took the Pan from her hand as I handed it to Niclas, he took it from me gently and stepped back. Pam put her hands on her hips, still staring at him.

“Pam, Pam! You got this all wrong!” I put my hands on her shoulders and she finally looked up at me “This,” I reached out my hand for Niclas to come closer and he took it, walking next to me and towering over us “This is Niclas” I laughed. Pam calculated what I just told her in her mind for a few seconds before realization dawned over her face and it instantly went red.

“Then who’s Jackson? Where’s that little punk?” I didn’t know Pam had such spunk in her and I laughed.

“Pam, he’s not here. And I’m not going to go see him ever again okay?” I smiled at her. “This is Niclas? The guy I told you about?”

“Oh my God, Oh my God,” Her cheeks reddened with embarrassment. Niclas let out a hearty laugh and leaned in to give Pam a hug, putting the pan safely on the small dining table and giving me a wink.

“I’m Niclas Jaeger, it’s nice to meet you. Let’s just omit the pan” Pam let out a nervous laugh and she hugged him back with such ferocity. When they finally pulled apart I went over closer to Niclas and he put his arm around my waist.

“Oh wow, she’s told me so much about you. I’m Pamela but you can just call me Pam or Pammy, Allie does. Do you want to help us finish making some blueberry pie?”

“Sure, sounds good. Haven’t had pie in a while!” And with that we all walked into the kitchen. The oven was already hot and waiting to do its job, the crust was made and molded into the bottom of the plate; all that we needed to do now was the filling. Pam and I got started with measuring the ingredients while Niclas was told to open up the can of blueberries.

In a matter of 20 minutes we were done with the filling and as Pam was finishing up the rest of the pie Niclas and I were doing the cleaning up. He stood next to me and both our hands were busy scrubbing the plates and dirty spoons. Suddenly a little spark of naughtiness ignited within me and before I knew it I flicked a little bit of foam towards his direction and it landed directly on his chest, Niclas turned to look at me a calculated turn of his head, and before I knew it I had a large spot of foam on my shirt but before we could continue our little foam fight Pam’s voice rung out.

“You two better finish cleaning up the plates, of course you can clean the kitchen too” indicating that if we made a huge mess Pam would have made us clean and mop the whole kitchen, with giggles we continued finishing off cleaning up the plates. To avoid anymore unnecessary ‘naughtiness’ Niclas decided to do the drying while I soaped and watered the utensils. We finished in a matter of ten minutes and I went to make Niclas a cup of coffee, Niclas sauntered over and sat on the tiny dining room table.

Pam came out from her room in going out clothes. With her purse tucked under her arm and an umbrella in one hand.

“Allie, I’m going to the market to get some groceries okay, can you please wait for the pie to finish baking, and then send off a slice to Clive?” I nodded walking her to the door.

“Alright, do you want me to come with you? Or do you want me and Niclas to go instead?” Pam shook her head no, and gave me a knowing look.

“I know that you guys need a little catch up time, so I’m going to leave you to it, hope you sort things out sweetie” She silently said with a smile as I leaned against the door. I gave Pam another hug and waved goodbye to her. As I closed the door and was about to head back to the kitchen I was surprised when a pair of muscular arms surrounded my waist.

“Oh” I gasped, Niclas kissed me on the top of my head and we just shifted side to side as if we were dancing, just enjoying each other’s company for a minute.

“How are you Allie? I miss you” I giggled and made my way to the couch where I made him sit. After letting him get comfortable I jumped into his lap and snuggled up to his chest.

“I’m alright. Don’t worry about me, I’m here aren’t I?” Niclas nodded as he caressed my hair.

“Yes, yes you are”

“Will you tell me? Tell me everything going on at home?” Just then Rosco came into the room jumping up to lie on the couch beside Niclas and I. “That’s Rosco by the way, he’s good, he doesn’t bite” Niclas chuckled and petted Rosco, giving him a good scratch behind the ear.

“Hello Rosco” Niclas teased and I poked him a little. “What do you want to know baby?” Like an arrow the question shot out of my mouth.

“Why did you find me? How? Niclas,” I shifted so that I was facing him.

“Because I want to be with you”

“Niclas, I left you because I wanted you to have a normal life, to be happy with Ashley. You’re perfect and she’s perfect and-“ Before I could say anything else Niclas’ lips were on mine and his hand was on the back of my head. When he pulled away we were both out of breath.

“You’re perfect, you’re perfect for me. When you get nervous you talk like there’s no tomorrow, you ask questions like a cute little kid. I broke off the engagement when you left I couldn’t bear it. It made me realize how much I needed you! Allie you left me a voicemail, it killed me. You know that? You left a one minute voicemail! How was I not supposed to worry!” I smiled a little.

“The first thing I did, was, well I did everything I could to track you down, and I didn’t want Ashley, I never did. And you know that Allie. You know that.”

“I’m sorry, I thought you were joking when you said you proposed to her drunk”

“She was a distraction so my parents would stop asking me about kids and stuff, I wanted to wait until you were eighteen. I know what I did was wrong, and Ashley’s probably feeling like shit right now, but I had to”

“I mean you’re having such a great life, your business and I really didn’t want to mess it up for you. Niclas, you shouldn’t have done that, I don’t want to do to her what Jackson did to me, and he left me literally feeling like I wasn’t good enough”

“Allie I know, but Ashley knew it was coming. We don’t talk to each other as much anymore, our dinners have become awkward and we’re seeing less and less of each other. Not exactly the steps to marriage if you ask me”

“She must have been horrified when you called it off though” Niclas grimaced.

“We both knew it was coming”

“I don’t know what or how to feel about this” I made a move to get off him, I felt horrible. I felt as if I was stealing someone else’s guy. I know that I already did that during my internship but I thought that when I left Niclas would have let go, just as I have tried to. But Niclas held on tight to my waist.     

“Allie, please don’t push me away again, I wont be able to deal with that” He pleaded.

“But Ashley!” I tried to reason with him.

“I promise you it’s over, she’s won’t bother us. We agreed that it wouldn’t work. Please Allie?” I was a little worried; I was a little ashamed of what I was going to tell him. But lately good things have happened and Niclas is sitting right here with me. This gorgeous man whose lap I’m sitting on, I’m not going to let him go again.  

“I’m glad you found me Nic. Over the month I’ve been trying so hard to bury my feelings for you and my hand keeps itching to call you-”

“You smarty-pants, you left everything at home! It was so hard to find you babe” I was on the verge of tears but ended up laughing, I guess all those CSI episodes did help me with my ‘running away’ skills.

“But I’m glad I did, your brothers thought you went to Los Angeles. When they reached there they came to a dead end. I knew LA wasn’t for you babe, I knew you wanted to be somewhere quiet. Somewhere the ocean breaks against.” I smiled to myself, all those times in the office. Making out, talking about anything, everything! He knew me too well.

“Then when I got to San Fran, I asked around for you, your photo was with me at all times, and they recognized you and it took me over two weeks just looking for you but it paid off because you’re right here in my arms. And that’s all that matters”   

“Oh yeah? Well someone’s gone all Sherlock.” He chuckled.

“Well I had to babe, you were sneaky” I hugged him tighter.

“What about your business at home? You can’t just ditch that, I can’t be the reason for that too, Niclas I’ll never be able to get over it”

“Babe, don’t worry about it, I’m big and good enough to be working from home.

“Well someone’s all high and mighty” I joked and rolled my eyes, a squeal ripped its way out of my mouth when Niclas pinched my cheeks. 

“Too fucking cute,” He commented and I pouted.

“Well I’ve been thinking about moving my base anyways. North Carolina isn’t developed enough” Niclas pretended to look around and looked back smiling at me “And I think San Francisco might just be the communication hub that I need” He continued and I slapped his chest a little.

“You’re going to do that?” He nodded. But then insecurity started creeping up into my bones, the feeling of self doubt and the feeling that I couldn’t expect him to just up and leave and drop everything for me. The other question that lingered in my mind was the worst. “Where were we?” Not in the literal sense of where we are in place but where we are relationship wise. Were we going to be dating now? Living together? What did he want? What did I want?   

“Niclas, you know I love you but I need to know…” He took a hold of my hand.

“And you know that I love you too, alright, what do you want to know babe?”

“Where are we Nic? Where are we? Not in the literal sense but where do we stand? I don’t think I can stand sneaking around and loving you from afar again” Rosco jumped off the couch and went to his water bowl.

“Allie, we’ve literally been together for a year and half. Almost two, I love you and you love me. So let’s not make this complicated, stay with me okay? Help me move here. Help me pick a house where we can stay together. Will you do that?” He asked quietly, caressing my hand.  

“I-I don’t know what to say, I can’t leave Pam and Clive-”

“No babe, I’m not telling you to leave them, you can keep doing whatever you’re doing and I’ll do whatever I do and it’ll all be okay, okay? Will you stay with me?”

“I-I don’t want to embarrass you, you’re a big famous business entrepreneur and I catch fish by the way,” I said a matter-of-factly. “And I’m a chef and your business associates, they’ll look at me like-like I’m nothing”

“No one’s going to think that, because you’re mine and I’m yours. And everyone knows I get the best girls around” He winked at me, trying to make the mood lighter. “Everything’s going to be okay babe, alright?” I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.

“Okay” I whispered, I cleared my throat “Okay” I said a little louder.

 “So will you stay with me?” He asked again, leaning to whisper it right in my ear.

“Yeah, I mean I’ll have to tell Pam and Clive but yeah, we’ll see how it goes tonight okay?” He smiled and leaned back seemingly satisfied with his answer.

“Whatever you want babe, if you feel that you can’t go on then I’ll let you go. I promise, I just want you to be happy.” Before I could voice out more of my insecurities the sound from the oven rung out signaling the finish of Pam’s delicious home made blueberry pies.

“Oh! Pie’s done! Let’s go” Without warning Niclas scooped me up and carried me into the kitchen. He settled me down and I took out the oven mitts before taking out the mouthwatering smell of newly baked pie. We let it cool off a little before I made Niclas sit down and handed a slice to him. We ate the pie together in comfortable silence, smiling and feeding each other. At that moment nothing mattered, not my family, not his, not his business, not our age, nothing.

“I’ll go prepare a slice for Clive, you can meet him when we go to the bay” Niclas nodded and scooped the rest of the purple blob. Shoving it in his mouth and giving me a sheepish smile.

“For a twenty-six year old you’re pretty childish you know that” Niclas laughed out loud and nodded.

“I know” He replied. I wrapped a slice in tin foil and I could feel Niclas’ eyes boring into my back, it felt so good to have him with me. I felt wanted again, I felt that I had someone I knew that I could rely on. And someone I could depend on without them having to depend on me.

“Thank you” I put down everything and didn’t dare to turn around, I heard the scraping of the chair and I felt the heat of his presence behind me. I felt his hands on my shoulders.

“Thank you for giving me another chance” His husky voice drawled out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...