ACT A FOOL | Minji x Haerin

By deathkidlvl

Catnipz is constantly in competition. Are they friends or enemies? More

MOVE-IN DAY
ROOMMATES
FIRST CLASS
BAD MORNING
PROTECTIVE
CONFUSED
JEALOUS
FRENEMIES
CAN'T SAY NO
DANCE CLASS
MAJOR & MINOR
COMPLICATED
PEER PRESSURE
UNSURE
NIGHT TIME
ASK HER
CAT OR KANG SITTING
CATNIPZ BLOCKING
SLEEPOVER
WHAT THE HELL
SAME ENERGY
MESS
DENIAL
SHIFT
HEARTACHE
TOO LATE
THEM
IT'S ALRIGHT
FIRST DAY?
FIGHTING
PROBLEMS
SHOULD WE?
NEW PLACE
SETTLED
WHAT?
NEVERMIND
BACK
FELINGS
PARTY
FIRST TIME
FUCK YOU
MISTAKE

IGNORE IT OR FIX IT

513 39 10
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

"What does that have to do with my feelings for you?!" Haerin yelled at Minji.

The couple had been fighting for a whole week.

Yet, they refused to break up.

One of the main reasons being that they both felt bad for Kid.

- Minji POV -

Kid had been depressed all week. They kept skipping classes, refusing to leave their apartment, and pushing everyone away.

"Can you just be nice to Kid for one freaking day?" I asked Haerin, all frustrated with her.

"No, Kid is the reason we've been fight!" Haerin yelled in anger.

"Kid is the reason we are even together!" I yelled back.

Haerin rolled her eyes and just stormed off to her room.

I huffed and puffed to myself, trying not to drive myself crazy over Haerin's behavior.

Haerin suddenly walked back out of her room and coldly said..., "Come on!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and put my shoes on.

"Can you just promise you'll be nice?" I sighed out.

Haerin rolled her eyes at me and answered, "Fine."

We both put our shoes on and went down to the car.

It didn't take long before we arrived at Kid's place.

"Kid, we brought you food!" I yelled through the front door.

"Go away!" Kid yelled back.

"We're really sorry about what happened!" Haerin tried to be nice.

We got no response.

"Come on, let's go. We tried!" Haerin sighed out.

I bit my lip, not wanting to leave.

I still felt guilty about what happened.

"We're leaving your food at the door!" I yelled through the door, placing the takeout bag on the floor.

- Haerin POV -

For the next week, I felt kind of bad.

Minji was really worried at Kid but she was trying to hide it in order to not make me jealous.

After thinking about it everything for a while, I realized I was overreacting. I had no real reason to justify my hatred for Kid. Minji was the one that messed up....

And even then, she was right.

I was being so confusing.

I would have tried to move on too if the person I liked was acting like my feelings didn't matter.

"See you after class!" Minji yelled from the front door.

"Okay, see you later!" I yelled back.

I was still holding out when it came to my feelings for Minji, so I was doing my best to avoid kissing her or making her feel like I was just acting.

I started to do my homework for the day, but got hungry halfway through it.

I looked at my phone and sighed when I realized it would still be 2 more hours before Minji came back home.

"Guess I'll go eat alone," I told myself.

I grabbed my things and put on my shoes before walking out of the dorm. I got down to the front of the building, contemplating on what to eat, when I noticed someone.

It was Hyein.

"I know someone who's probably hungry too," I thought to myself.

I gathered up all the courage I could and walked up to Hyein.

"Hey, Hyein!" I greeted.

"Oh, Unnie! how are you?" Hyein cutely greeted.

"Good. You?" I asked a bit awkwardly.

"Good!" Hyein responded all excited.

"So, listen....," I started to get a little nervous.

"Mhm?" Hyein hummed.

"You know Kid's apartment code, right?" I managed to get the words out.

Hyein looked at me a bit confused but nodded in response.

"Do you think... umm... you could share it with me? Kid hasn't seemed too good lately. Me and Minji just want to go check up on them," I tried to explain myself.

"But Minji unnie knows Kid's code too!" Hyein giggled.

I furrowed my brows a bit, realizing that Minji did know Kid's code. That's how we got in to cat sit Pig.

"Guess she must have forgotten it!" I chuckled awkwardly, trying to justify my request.

"Oh, okay. Sure!" Hyein responded, taking out a pen from her bag.

Hyein then grabbed my hand and wrote Kid's apartment code on my arm.

"Here you go! Tell Sunbae 'hi' for me!" She said before rushing off to her class.

I sighed as I looked at my wrist.

"I really have no reason to hate you," I told myself, thinking of Kid.

I wasted no time, while I still had the courage. I got in a cab and made my way over to Kid's apartment.

I took a deep breath before putting Kid's code in, then walked in to a sight I was not expecting.

There was soju bottles, beer cans, and tequila everywhere. Pigs food was all over the floor and it looked like Kid's glass coffee table was shattered into pieces.

I carefully walked around the mess and headed over to Kid's bedroom.

The door was open and there was a foul odor coming from it.

Kid was passed out in their bed with a huge black hoodie on and their heater all the way up.

"Kid!" I tried to see if Kid would get up.

"Hey, Kid!" I tried again.

I sighed, not wanting to wake Kid up.... but I did so anyway...

"Hey, Kid!" I shook Kid awake.

"Uurrrmm?" Kid groaned out.

"Come on, get up!" I kept shaking them.

Kid just groaned and turned on their side to look at me, before turning back to their original position.

"Come to punch me again?" Kid groggily asked.

I let out a deep breath, realizing that it had been two weeks and I had yet to apologize to Kid for hitting them.

"No, I'm really sorry about that," I whispered a bit embarrassed.

"K, thanks. You can get out now," Kid coldly responded.

"Don't be like that. I came here to make sure you're okay," I sighed out.

"Yeah, right! You hate me," Kid scoffed.

"I don't hate you!" I raised my voice a little frustrated.

Kid turned to look at me for a second before going back to ignoring me again.

"Kid, come on!!" I tried to drag Kid out of bed.

"You need to clean up!" I kept on pulling what felt like a 1,000 pound body.

"And take a shower, you smell like you haven't showered in a week!" I added.

Kid wasn't budging at all.

"Fine! Do whatever you want!" I groaned in frustration.

"Can you- can you just help me and Minji fix things between us?" I mumbled out a bit ashamed.

I didn't want Kid to think that I only came to their apartment for help or advice.... but that was kind of what I had come for....

"Fix it yourself!" Kid finally spoke up.

"Please?" I pleaded.

Kid just kept on ignoring me.

"Kid, please? I can't lose Minji," I begged.

"You can't lose her because you love her? Or because without her you'd be all alone?" Kid finally lifted themselves up, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Both...," I sighed out.

I didn't want to lie to myself anymore.

A part of the reason I loved Minji was because she was there for me. Without her.... I would just be alone.

Kid sighed, not looking too pleased with my response.

"Look Haerin, you can either fix things or ignore them. Both options are unpleasant," Kid began to advise me.

"And that's all I'm going to say," Kid added before throwing themselves back onto their bed.

"Noo, wait! Help me!" I tried to pull Kid back up.

"I can't help you!" Kid raised their voice at me.

"Literally, I can't help you fix things because you keep fucking ignoring the deeper issue!" Kid seemed super irritated with me.

It was a bit frustrating.

"Look dude, I'm tired. I have my own problems to deal with. I'm sick and tired of you two. I'm sick and tired of this school and this fucking country. I just want to fucking go home. So, if you don't mind, please leave me the hell alone," Kid groaned, tears starting to fill their eyes.

I took a painful deep breath.

Kid didn't seem okay at all and part of it felt like it was my fault.

I hadn't allowed Minji to come see Kid at all.

Kid was just left all alone to deal with their problems... and then here I was.... acting as if they had to help me with mine.

"I'm sorry," I whispered a bit sad.

It was really depressing to see Kid in their state.

I could relate to the whole wanting to just go home state of mind.

It hit a little too close to home.

"No, I'm sorry," Kid whispered back.

Tears were rolling down their cheeks at this point.

"I shouldn't be taking out my frustrations on you. I'm sorry," Kid said with a cracked voice.

The sight in front of me was making me want to cry myself.

"Look, you really want my help?" Kid asked with a hoarse voiced.

I couldn't do anything but nod.

Kid sighed and nodded, as if contemplating about something.

"You need to fully accept yourself. Not just accept your feelings for Minji, but really find a way to be comfortable with how you feel about yourself. This whole I love you but I don't love myself insecurity stuff is tearing your relationship apart. I'm surprised you two have even lasted this long," Kid was brutally honest.

I couldn't really process everything that Kid said, but a lot of it made sense.

"You can't go around blaming Minji about trust issues and her not being sure about you. You gotta stop projecting your insecurities on her. It's okay to be jealous and clingy, but that's not what you are. You're straight up just insecure about yourself, so figure that shit out before coming to ask me for relationship advice," Kid finished off before throwing themselves back onto their bed.

I gulped through every single word Kid directed at me.

It felt like something I needed to hear.

"Thanks," I whispered with a hitched breath.

"Mhm, please make sure to lock the door on your way out," Kid husked out.

I gave Kid once last look and did as they asked....

But not before making sure to feed Pig and give him some water.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 2.6K 32
haerin can "see" the future and tells danielle about her feelings for her, but its too late as she looses some of her memory to a basketball game and...
36.8K 2.2K 36
A simple question started off a crazy story.
210K 17.1K 64
*FEATURED WATTPAD PICKS* If Alice Black had to describe Isaac Hanes using only nouns they would be beer, spaghetti, and pharmaceuticals. If she had...
19K 873 16
Danielle hates Haerin after what she did to her, but Haerin unexpectedly falls for her. Will Danielle give Haerin a second chance? A semi-enemies to...