Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter Eighteen

610K 17.9K 2.2K
By Vampirefangsrules

Harper bit her lip, she couldn't believe what just happened. She cringed just thinking how his hands roamed upon her, even the mere thought of how his lips were against hers. Harper ran her hand through her thick hair knowing it must be sight. What did this mean? What was tomorrow gonna be like? Harper gasped, her breath shaking just the thought of him. Exiting the lifts she pushed through the crowds, feeling completely dizzy as she searched for her car in the car park.

James was well chuffed, undoing his tie he smirked as he glanced at the tear through his shirt where moments ago, the temptress she was, had pulled him in. Gosh, how addictive she was, he couldn't get enough of her. Walking across to his window in his office, he glanced down, barely making out the brown haired girl crossing the street, the sight of her making him unsteady. He was supposed to keep his head down low not get any press onto him, but how could he if the woman he wanted so badly affected him so much, perhaps he would just have to tred much more carefully now. He was looking forward to tomorrow, he couldn't wait to have her in his grasp again, he couldn't stand that he let her walk right into the lift but he didn't want to ruin anything between them at the moment which was strange for his behaviour, James never when he was with a woman think of the consquences or even think that they could regret having sex later. James raked his hand through his now bed headed hair as he sat down exhaling before a smirk planted on his lips. Oh how he couldn't wait for tomorrow.

Harper turned off the igntion, she only realised that Duke was still at their apartment when she got back, all that aderlaine she had from her session with her boss dispersed from her thoughts as she thought back to what Duke had attempted to nearly do. She wasn't ready to face him, grabbing her back from off the passenger seat, she inhaled and exhaled knowing she couldn't make Dani suspicious of what he attempted to do, she had to talk to him first, understand why. Harper pushed her hair to her back as she locked the car, slowly she walked across the pavement wanting it to just last a little longer but soon was facing the door inside to the stairs of their floor.

She gulped as she turned the door knob grateful when it was only Dani on the couch watching tv. Dani smiled getting up as she trailed over to Harper pulling her in for a hug. "Hey, so you decided to come back." She said before scolding. "Let me just tell you I am super annoyed that it was your boss who told me where you were going. You left me with grumpy in the kicthen to get back home." She grumbled. Harper felt her heart beat accelerating quickly. "He's here?" Harper mumbled looking past her shoulder. Dani frowned still smiling. "Who? Duke? Course he is. I had to patch him up all on my own last night, jeez he had a busted nose, all on my own I had to!" She exaggerated throwing her hands in the air. "While you were in the care of your boss." She smirked. Harper could feel her hands trembling as she watched Duke enter the living room. Harper froze looking into the troubled eyes as he sat down on the sofa. Dani waved her hand in Harper's face as she tried to catch her attention. "Hellooo? Harper! What happened then?" Dani persisted, waving her hand frantically. Harper gulped snapping out before smiling at Dani nervously. "He just helped me, I was in a right state, excuse me, I'm...gonna take a shower." She said before walking out, she could feel Duke's heavy stare upon as she moved across the room.

Harper entered the bathroom sinking to the ground as she gasped, tears falling from her cheek, she just couldn't stand to be near him knowing what he tried to do. She thought she could have been strong but it was proving diffcult knowing the real reason why James took her back and how he literally rescued her from what bad could have happened. Harper sniffled, wiping the tears away from her cheek as she stood up and began washing her face with cold water. She couldn't let Dani know, he was still their friend and it wouldn't be fair she thought. Harper opened the door but instantly began to shut it as Duke approached the door.

"Harper!" He grumbled against the door. "We need to talk." Harper held her hand to her mouth trying to push back the tears as she slowly turned the door knob to face him. Duke for sure had a black eye, even busted lip and bruised nose where James' punch must have caught him. Harper couldn't face him, she looked down refusing to meet his stare before she clenched her fists and spat. "Duke, I don't understand why you tried to do what you could have done, but I will agree to listein if you do not breathe word to Dani because this wouldn't be fair to her, your just as much as a friend to her as I am." Duke was suprised but took the opporinuty. "Yeah,course. Look I wanted...to apologise." He mumbled looking down at his feet. Harper didn't feel any better but nodded her head. "We're leave it at that." She said before pushing past him.

"Wait! Harper!" He called out after her. Harper turned sharply on her feet clenching her fists still feeling her knuckles loose colour. "What Duke? What do you expect me to say, cause there is a lot I want to say to you, but I don't want Dani to have the hassle, not with her new job. She's really happy, she forgot about her past...with Sam." She muttered looking away. " I want her to be happy, specially after her relationship."Duke looked down. "Harper, I'm really sorry, I...thought you liked me. But will we still be able to be friends?" He grumbled. Harper shrugged her shoulders. "Duke, I don't think we could ever be the same again. I always trusted you, I thought it would be you who was protecting me not the other way around where I had to protect myself from you..." Harper sighed looking to his eyes. "Duke, I don't think I can forgive you but...I'm willingly to remain civil with you so Dani never finds out." She said before walking towards her room. Duke sighed watching her walk off before he kicked the wall with frustration and rubbed his forehead.

Harper sighed refusing to cry before she layed back on her bed and shoved the quilt over letting her eyes close. Nothing between them would be the same again she thought.

~~~

Following Day

James was sitting at his desk as Samuels entered upon arrival. James looked up trying to read the expression upon his face but failed as usual, Samuels was good at hiding his feelings. "What is it?" James asked, getting up slowly from his seat. Samuels halted before his desk. "Its Katherine, sir. She attempted at arriving at your house which we resolved, but I have a suspicion Sir, she's plotting something, she had the press turning up too." James frowned putting his hand in his pocket. "You stopped them though. You know I can't be seen anywhere near her or any woman for that fact. I need to keep this deal." He informed. James though knew to himself he already broke that rule with Harper yesterday. Samuels nodded. "Yes, the press didn't see anything worth their while so left but I think Katherine is planning to use this against you, Sir. And no one saw you leave or enter the club yesterday, I've ensured no press will surrounding the premises that night." He said. James nodded his head. "Good work, I don't understand why Katherine would know about my deal. She probably trying to be a nuisance as she usually is. Thanks, just make sure she doesn't enter this building or the penthouse for a fact. Keep track on the press too." He ordered before Samuels nodded and left his office. James sighed before glancing at his watch, Harper should be on her way right now he thought.

Harper pushed the strand of her bag further up her arm as she entered the lift along with the crowd. This morning it was more awkard specially due to the circumstances now, she had to pretend to be her usual self around Duke. She had to be strong for Dani, she had gotten a promotion and telling her what Duke did would ruin her. Harper glanced at her reflection from the lift's steel doors. She pushed her black, pencil skirt down before tucking in the white blouse she had on. Part of her was anxious, realisation that the other day she had kissed her boss dawned on her. Harper inhaled before exiting the lifts, she placed her bag on the desk, a instant flashback of how he had her pushed on the desk made her cringe. What would people think she thought. No one would find out though. Her heart was beating loud when she heard footsteps following from down the corridor. Her breath hitched when she felt two hands slip around her waist pulling her in close to a hardened chest. Harper gasped as James head rested upon her shoulder.

"Morning Miss Daniels." He said, the words playful upon his tongue. Harper kept her mouth shut as he nuzzled closer into her collarbone before he left a wet kiss upon her neck making her instantly shiver upon his touch. James frowned when she didn't react so turned her to face him, she looked sad. "What happened?" He asked tilting her chin to face him, he only cringed remembering that manic who tried to f**k her at the wall was still there. Harper shook her head, tears threatneing to fall as she looked up to his brown, chocolate eyes. James hated seeing her like this. "Harper." He muttered, just hearing her name from his mouth startled her but sounded right. His tone was comforting and even how he caressed her arms within his grasp as he pulled her closer to him, she couldn't denly the warm, fuzzy feeling she was getting. James slowly pressed a kiss to her forehead before pushing a strand of lose hair from her face. "I won't let him hurt you." He said. "I'll kill him before he lands a hand on you. Have you told your friend yet?" Harper offered a warm smile but didn't exactly reach her lips. "No, I don't...want to ruin anything. She deserves to be happy not stuck with my problems, there not worth it." She mumbled. James shook his head puling her hand to his as he squeezed it. "Of course their worth it, he..." James fought back the imagery of how vunerable she was last night. " could have hurt you, I understand if you don't want to tell her but please don't tell me, your not worth anyone's time. You are." He said, his tone comforting and soft. Harper smiled up to him as his hand caressed her cheek before he slowly leaned in and kissed her lips slowly, passionate and warm making her toes curl and butterfiles invade her stomach. Harper couldn't denly how he made her feel all better, his kisses upon her lips made her feel more reasurred that it will be alright. James pulled her into his arms as he kissed her lips again before nuzzling into her ear lobe as he teased her by nibbling softly. Harper smirked before playfully whacking his arm. "Please, this is highly inappropriate. I have to work." She said removing his arms off her, before she squealed as he chased her around the desk and locked his arms around her from behind before kissing her cheek. "But Miss Daniels, you make it so hard to concentrate. Stop f**king with my feelings will you." He growled before letting go. Harper smirked, her cheeks completely blushing. James liked seeing her smile. "Miss Daniels, get on with this before I change my mind and f**king pick you up and kiss the might out of you in my office." He teased. Harper bit her lip sitting in her chair as he began walking to his office. "Oh and Miss Daniels, I mean it. Your making my downstairs excited indeed." He muttered, Harper's eyes widened, her cheeks blushing before he left her sight.

How could one man have this much effect on her? Harper switched on her computer, pushing a lose strand of hair from her face just blushing from the thought of how he had his arms around her and thoes lips upon hers.

By lunch, Harper had only managed to escape his passionate, wild kisses as his phone called, grabbing her purse she met Elliot in the canteen. Elliot kept studying her as she took a bite in her sandwich. "What?" Harper laughed. Elliot cocked his eyebrow. "There's something about you...you seem different." Harper blushed shrugging her shoulders. "Hey, stop judging me! Let me eat my sandwich in peace." She playfully said. Elliot took a sip from his coffee before rolling his eyes. "I swear you seem different. Besides how's the boss treating you?" He asked. Harper froze midway, blushing just on the thought of James. "Same old self, why?" She asked, Elliot narrowed his eyes before smirking. "Harper Daniels, I swear something fishy is going on." He said. Harper snorted. "Yeah, your fishfinger sandwich is what's going on!" Elliot parted his lips. "Leave my sandwich alone, its tasty." Harper laughed before she felt a presence upon them. Elliot stop smirking as Harper looked up only to meet the eyes of her intimdating boss. James remained expressionless expect the slight glint in his eye as he glanced upon Harper. "Miss Daniels, I require your assistance."He informed, Elliot smiled at Harper before getting up and going. Harper gulped getting up as James thursted his chin to usher her to follow him. Harper pushed down her skirt as she followed him out the canteen to the lifts. Was he mad at her? Did she do something?

James pressed the button not speaking as he entered the lifts. Harper looked down feeling as if she was being scolded upon. James allowed the doors to close before he instantly pushed Harper up to the far side and kissed her hard and rough leaving her gasping for her air as he released her. Harper wasn't expecting this at all. "Miss Daniels, you've been naughty." He growled pushing his hardened chest against her chest. Harper frowned speechless for words as he nuzzled closer into her neck and trailed the end of his nose leaving a tingling sensation. "I don't like it when you hang out with other men. Don't, it upsets me." He ordered. Harper gasped and let out a moan as he pushed her hands up to her head as he kissed her lips slowly tormenting her as he didn't allow her to push her hands through his thick hair. "But, he's just a friend." Harper muttered. James stopped kissing her and stood up straight, she noticed the glint in his eye before he walked over to the buttons. "A friend?" He said, Harper was nervous from the change in his body language. He slammed the emergency button causing the lift to stop as he stalked back over as if she was prey. "I'm the only man I want you to be with, I hate how they look at you. Knowing just how beautiful you are." He growled. Harper blushed as he suddenly pushed his lips against hers and wrapped his hands around her tiny waist. Harper tried to run her hands through his hair but he growled at the back of his throat as he held them above her as he teased by slowly leaving trails of kisses from her neck teasing as he kissed towards the top of her clevage. He licked his lips, the glint in his eyes as he grabbed her bum and squeezed as he pulled her close. Harper gasped as his one hand rose up her skirt where he teased by softly trailing his fingers upon her inner leg. Harper gulped closing her eyes, it was so cruel how he was making her feel. James wetted his bottom lip before kissing her lips again, gaining entrance as his tongue collided through before he bit her lip hard so the taste of metallic blood entered her mouth. "Don't ever let me catch near another male again, your mine. Understood?" He growled startling Harper. She nodded breathlessly before he furiously kissed her lips, then wiped his with his back hand and hit the button so the lift began functioning again. He straigtened up his tie before exiting the lifts as they opened. Harper felt all hot and wild allover, what was with trapping her in lifts? And being his? Harper touched her lip, sore from where he bit into.

Was she doing the right thing, getting entangled into the affairs of her controlling, manipulative boss?

Thanks for reading!!! Hoped you enjoyed this part! A little bit more mature this time. I told you more fun will be coming this way for these two. Keep reading for more and don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW for more updates. VAMPIREFANGSRULES xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 111 26
Lively, Struggling, passion,dedication, kind...are the words to describe CELINE CARTER. love is something that she treasures. The only parental figur...
3.2M 98K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
124K 6.2K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...