That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 15: Lara Arceid

1.4K 68 1.5K
By elite3532

3rd Pov

Standing in the line to give his choice for the special class...Dawn waited, a paper sheet in hand.

He waited patiently to submit his choice.

Dawn : (Traveling option was the best, during our second year we'll get a field trip to Ingracia...finally I will be able to visit another kingdom.)

He was kind of excited as originally, he shouldn't be able to leave the kingdom before his majority...for multiple reasons.

But this field trip bypasses all those reasons.

As the line decreased, Dawn turned around finally addressing some words to the girl who stuck his sleeve for a while now.

Dawn : By the way, you are still taking the advanced magic class, right...

Luna : Umu.

Nodding, both submitted their choice and left...for the last few months nothing much changed.

Fortunately, Dawn didn't have much problem with the other students...as for Aaron it seems the intimidation worked as he stayed out of his way.

Now walking around the school ground, Dawn continuously thought about a few things...certainly nothing much happened at school for the last few months.

But for the world, it was another story...a few weeks ago, the demon lord had announced two new members...Dagruel and demon lord Valentine.

It was shocking news for all but for Dawn it was a reminder...at how fast time passed...

Dawn : (At this rate...things are turning grim...i'm losing my time here.)

It was a fact that he had become stronger in this school but compared to the growth he could have earned training outside...this school lost most of its value the moment Dawn understood that his current level both technique and knowledge surpassed the teachers themself.

But now, Dawn has found something to hold on in this school.

Dawn : (Also i need to train and readjust myself to my new ability.)

For the past few months, aside from studying and gathering more knowledge he didn't read the novel.

Dawn tested out his new or rather new found power inside the unique skill : Author...

It was still very blurry and the path he had to take to perfect this skill is still unknown.

Anyway, now that he could manifest it at will, he distinguished and separated the skill into 2 abilities.

First being, Rewrite...it's the perfect ability to accompany the unique skill : Reader.

As with it Dawn could perfectly see and visualize each chemical composition of anything...

Taking a glass of water which we mix soda inside...with Reader, Dawn can clearly see the composition of it, the quantity of each drink and more.

And now with Rewrite, he could change the composition at will...if the glass is filled at 80 % of water and 20 % of soda, then he can rewrite its composition and make it 80 % of soda and 20 % of water.

The power is still limited as Dawn still works on it but he has great expectation in it and is currently trying to rewrite a piece of magic ore he had kept.

He wondered if by changing the property of such a mineral, he could get something unique and unseen.

Now to his second ability, Write...the efficiency of this one is still low as a single use of it would literally take more magicule than what Dawn has currently.

And it's usage is full of mystery as Dawn couldn't unveil much of it...

Dawn : (If i'm not wrong and with my knowledge of amateur scaler, this would be equivalent as a low graded reality manipulation but i feel i haven't discovered it's true nature.)

The only time Dawn has used it is a week ago...he was still trying to rewrite the composition of the magic ore and ultimately he understood something was lacking.

For that he imagined this missing piece and accidentally triggered Write...altering reality itself to accommodate his imagination...

He unfortunately is limited by his magicule count and falls flat on the ground...

This was a harsh way to discover it but with the help of Snowie, he took multiple steps toward his goal.

Dawn : (Now that i think, Luna's magicule reserve kept increasing...at this point she has triple or even more than me...)

Luna : Is something wrong ?

Tilting her head as she noticed the sudden attention given to her, Dawn shook his head...he already knew that this girl was special but this didn't make sense to him.

After all, she is supposed to be an npc...if not then she should have made an appearance in a Tensura novel.

Dawn : (Wait...if she isn't an npc, neither a character from the main cast or a reincarnator...then does that mean she was born and solely came to life because...)

Memories flood his mind as he remembers the very first time they stared at each other, the fate they shared and more.
It was as if they were meant and tied together by fate...

Dawn : Fate, huh...(Bullshit, I'm getting more and more sure that I'm inside a fanfiction or novel.)

The more time he lived as Dawn Arceid, the more he realized that things turned around him...the course of his life was like a scenario premade...

In the end he couldn't do anything even if this was true...he could only get ready for the future event.

And for that once again, all return to hi having to be stronger.

With those thoughts...he continued to move on as one week later, the first lesson of his optional class.

First thing first Dawn noticed is that not many had chosen this option with only 2 new members, him included.

Sitting with this other student alone in a large classroom...they were both waiting for the teacher to come.

Laos : By the way, I'm Laos, it's a pleasure to talk to the infamous Dawn Arceid.

Dawn : (Well with all the rumors on my back, I'm probably as famous as Sola in this school at this point.)

Greeting him back, Dawn quickly scanned the boy known as Laos...he seemed to be a senior student who either started school later or just dropped one year.

He had lavender black hair and the same eyes...nothing much to tell about him.

Both waited a few more minutes before finally the door opened up and a teacher came in.

Raska : Welcome welcome, dear students !

Dawn : ...shit.

Raska Pov

Honestly, the life of an optional teacher is so lame...and the pay is ridiculously low !

Anyway, I'm not a noble and randomly was appointed as a teacher in this school via connection...

After all, I'm a famous Traveler. Tch, if it was not for those two bastards I would have been a really famous traveler and wouldn't have to work here.

By those two, I mean that girl who received the title of Hero...Chronoa and that kid Elite who came out of nowhere and disappeared the same way.

By the way, the day he stopped coming, i t was a shock...so big that our entire community made a myth about it like he died on a mission or some shit like that.

Anyway, i couldn't care less...i'm a kind woman but for people like him who ruined my chance of being famous, no thanks.

Coming back to what i was saying, since i was a good traveler, i naturally got in contact with some noble and from string to string i managed to get this shitty post.

Meh, it's not well paid but at least I make some money at the end of the month.

I also get free vacation in another kingdom since the field trip is on the academy's count.

Anyway, now I'm in front of the two sole new students of my class...last year there was none, same as the year before...so they are actually my first two students.

Raska : huh ?

Wait, that boy...I think I had seen him before...but where ? I narrowed my eyes as he tried to avoid them.

At the same time, I looked at the files given to me with the information of my students...his name is Dawn Arceid, huh.

The latest child of the heroic family...well well, I know where I had seen him.

Raska : You.

Dawn : Ugh, yes ?

Raska : You're Lara's son right ! I knew I had seen your face before, you have similar face features !

I laughed lightly, Lara and I were friends back in our younger years...I wasn't a noble and she was but this girl was crazy enough to go meet commoners like me on a daily basis.

Dawn : ...ah yes...

Dawn Pov

Is this girl serious...we had met multiple times at the adventurer building, she even confronted me once ! Welp, better for me, she still knows my mom, huh.

Now that I think I don't know much about my mother, Lara Arceid...the child destined to failure.

Raska : Curious about something, kiddo ?

Suddenly jolting, I turned my head to my left and sighed deeply...I shouldn't let my guard down like that.

Anyway, it was already past the end of class and I decided to stay here to study a little more...the current cardinal world is rather particular and has multiple names I can't recognize.

I wanted to study deeper after all this information is equivalent to winning.

Raska : Beside the face, you are also like Lara when it comes to study, she was like a giga-nerd too.

Dawn : I-i see...(Did she just call me a nerd?)

What does she even want ? Let me alone so I can study in peace !

Raska : Anyway, I bother you because I'm bored. Also I wanted to ask how Lara was...I heard she got it hard after graduating.

Dawn : I don't know, why don't you go ask her yourself.

Not hiding my annoyance, this woman was friends with my mom yet didn't keep in touch with her after school.

From what I know, my mother was deemed a failure like me and shortly after she got pregnant...and gave birth barely 2 years after her graduation...

I can't imagine her happy to be with this bastard father of mine...and the support she received was close to none outside the Arceid mansion.

That means no one, neither this teacher tried to help her and now she comes asking for news ? It's a little too late...

Raska : Rude, well I can't...I don't deserve to talk to her now.

Dawn : Huh ?

Raska : You don't know ? Well, since you're her son I feel like I need to tell you.

3rd Pov

33 years ago, the current master of the Arceid household was born...a girl with divine-like talent.

She was beautiful, compassionate and powerful...one of a kind.

She did everything was told with perfection and for most of her life everything went fine until...all crumbled in the time of 2 years.

The Arceid family was already at the lowest of their reputation...Lara Arceid might be a prodigy but her parents were not and for 3 generations in a row...

They have been talentless until now so the expectation of Lara's back was enormous.

Yet she managed to fulfill them until her 16 birthday where all started to go down...she lost her father mysteriously...her mother was then assassinated and the culprit has yet to be found.

Leaving Lara all alone...she tried to focus on her study but rumors started destroying her reputation.

Her friends, the teachers, the acquaintances she had...all turned their back on her.

Still, she moved forward but the hope of restoring the family name slowly faded away.

And then after graduating in the worst atmosphere, she decided to try one last time...but it ended with her getting pregnant, her world crumbled.

She cried a lot and after that day she left the art of fighting, the chivalric order, the royal mage and all behind.

Raska : You see, she is from an heroic family and I'm just a commoner...I didn't even attend this school and met with her when she came to eat in the same crappy place as me.

Dawn : ...

Dawn was silent through the entire story...surely Lara Arceid was more than just a mob.

But then it clicked...Dawn's eyes widened as he got up startling the teacher.

Raska : Huh ?

Dawn : Sorry, I have to go.

Grabbing his vest, he turned around and disappeared along the sound...Raska stood there not knowing how to react but she already deduced where he would go now.

She just sighed and started cleaning the book filled table Dawn had left behind.

Running through the town, the sun was settling down...information connected inside his head with everything reaching a single conclusion.

Finally after 20 minutes of running, he had arrived...back to the Arceid mansion.

Barging inside, he quickly went to the master's room where a lone woman was sitting staring at the horizon through the window.

Lara Pov

Things had gone a lot different than what I wanted...but I don't mind it.

When I fell pregnant with the viscount, I was disgusted and betrayed...but that pain was doubled when THAT happened...

Dawn : I need to confirm something !

The door suddenly bursting open, I turned around smiling, I guess he finally discovered it.

It was only a matter of time anyway.

Lara : Go ahead, let your heart out...

Dawn : My name Dawn...an english word, the fact that on multiple occasions you saw me do some weird thing as a baby, your life is totally different from the other mob...are you...a reincarnated ?

My smile grew wider as I closed my eyes...he saw through my lies...ahh, I can't help but feel proud.

That day when Lara Arceid lost her parents, was forced pregnant...at the very same time, the memories of Kagura Shiina, a Japanese girl was transferred to this body.

My life on earth wasn't good either...born in a poor family, there too I lost my parents, grew old in misery and...was killed during the bombing of the terrifying world war II.

I still remember the despair and emptiness I felt when both memories connected...I didn't understand how and why I suffered that much.

The months of cold I lived after weren't better...the crushed goal and life of Lara and Kagura slowly ate me as I wondered if life was worth it.

But all changed when my son was born...he was my light...

With my skill, I directly saw through him and witnessed his potential...the dream of Lara Arceid of being a successful mage and the all time wish of Kagura Shiina...of a loving family.

All came true in a single day...I was part reincarnator so having a child would have bothered me.

Because this child would be Lara Arceid's child but I wasn't totally her anymore...but since he was a reincarnator too, I felt more connected to him than ever.

It's true, I just can't see myself ever hating him...he is the only reason I am still alive now.

Lara : You are right...are you angry at me for hiding it ?

I opened my eyes, my full attention on my son...I watched him grow and now he has already surpassed me.

His name...I chose this word Dawn because he was truly the start of a new life for me.

Dawn : No...I was just surprised but at the same time relieved...after all I am also the one who stole the life of an unborn child.

Since he took the place of Dawn Arceid, or at least the original child of Lara Arceid...he must have felt guilt.

I guess it's time for a long talk between mother and son...and the time for him to receive the gift I've been preparing for years now.

Lara Arceid's dream, I will transfer this dream to my son along with her unique skill.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 1.8K 24
Feldway finally had enough. He brought out his true body, crafted by Veldanava's hands, while Rimuru was distracted, fighting an enraged Milim under...
153K 5.6K 64
Follow an unlucky fellow as F/N discovers a new world and things he never knew. Rediscover things he would rather have forgotten and left back on Ear...
121K 3.2K 35
"Reincarnation.. didn't think it was true. A lot of us wish to be isekaid so we could be with our favorite characters but we never think it to be tru...
169K 4.1K 67
After achieving peace Rimuru was stuck doing paperwork for the last few centuries and was stuck with boredom. Ciel seeing her master's state suggests...