Of lions and wolves || second...

By Tolkienfandom

This is a different ending version of my fanfic "of lions and wolves || tywin Lannister", there will be anoth... More

Queen in the north

The trial

180 8 0
By Tolkienfandom

This starts after "the purple wedding" chapter in the original book!!

It had now been several weeks since Joffrey's death, tommen had been crowned king and Tywin was busy with the trial, but also with Alyssa's pregnancy.
The child already meant the world to him, making sure that alyssa was comfortable at all times, that she ate enough and was overall healthy, he wanted to be a good father for once, and he would do anything for his child.

The trial stretched over several months and Alyssa's stomach grew more each day. She was happy, Tywin was happy, everything was great.

But she wished her family was with her. Since Sansa and Margaery left Alyssa had been left alone in kingslanding, mostly staying in the library when Tywin couldn't be with her due to the trial, or she watched it, sitting with the other lords and ladies, not because she thought it was interesting, but it was the closest she could be to Tywin, and she craved his attention and presence more than anything while being pregnant.

Oberyn had stayed in the city longer due to the trial and tried to talk to Alyssa since that day before Joffrey's wedding, but Alyssa was still mad, he brought up memories she didn't wish to remember.

It was another day where Tywin spent the whole day at court, unable to be with Alyssa so she decided to read a book in the gardens, for as long as summer was still there.
She didn't realise oberyn coming up to her until he sat down beside her.
"Shouldn't you be at the trial?" Alyssa asked, not looking up from her book.
"I got bored."
"So you think watching me read is more interesting?" She looked up at him.
"I wanted to talk to you."
"I know, you've tried pretty often, but like i told you before, I'm not interested in talking to you right now oberyn. You hurt me back then, you didn't need to make me remember the pain and misery i went through back then."
"I'm sorry al, you know that! I've told you a million times how sorry i am why can't you forgive me?"
"I have forgiven you oberyn, but that doesn't mean that i forgot it, the north remembers, and i AM the North, i am the lady of winterfell, the wolfs daughter, and you can apologize to me as much as you want, it will never change the way you hurt me." She got up, not wishing to continue the conversation, but when she tried to leave, oberyn grabbed her wrist.
"Please ally, everything can be like back then again, don't you remember the love between us?"
"Are you bored of elaria? Or what is it? I loved you oberyn, more than anything, but I don't do so anymore."
"But you can, why love Tywin? He's old, what can he possibly offer you that I can't?"
"Actual love, kindness, he's sweet, genuine, overall everything you weren't."
"Come on ally, you're just imagining that, everyone knows how the old lion really is, cold, heartless, unable to love." He went closer to her, putting one of his hands on her hips.
"And not a good father." His hand went to her swollen belly.
"Get your hands off my wife." None of them had noticed Tywin approaching them, standing behind oberyn, who immediately backed off.
"Are you okay my love?" Tywin asked, looking at Alyssa.
She nodded, "i am, why are you here? What about the trial?"
"Oberyn wasn't there so i sent a guard out to find him, when he reported that he got too close to you, i needed to handle that myself." He said, putting his hands on her hips. "No one touches what's mine."
Alyssa smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling his head down to capture his lips in a passionate kiss.
She looked over at oberyn again, "you're wrong, with what you said, my husband is not heartless, and not cold, and he is definitely able to love, there's just not many people in the world who deserve that kind of treatment from him, Especially not those who touch what's his."
"Are you enjoying this? Being the old lion's little wife? His pet." Oberyn asked, looking at the two.
"A wolf will never be a pet." Tywin answered.
"But yes, I enjoy this." Alyssa added, answering Oberyn's question.
Oberyn just rolled his eyes, annoyed and went back to the keep.
"I guess you have to leave again." Alyssa said, looking up at her husband.
"I'm afraid so my love, don't worry, we'll be done with it soon." He smiled at her before leaving again.

That day, Tyrion commanded a trial by combat, at that Moment, nobody knew how much pain and suffering it would bring.

Oberyn offered to fight for tyrion, to fight against the mountain, and while alyssa was still mad at him, she worried for his safety, she knew how cruel the mountain was.

She was sitting next to tywin when the fight started.

"He's a real show off isn't he?" Tywin asked, looking annoyed, he didn't like oberyn one bit, not necessarily because of the history of house Lannister and house Martell but because of the way oberyn had treated Alyssa.

Alyssa was relieved when oberyn got the mountain on the ground, but he was stupid enough to bring up the past, wanting the mountain, as well as Tywin, to confess to the murder and rape of Elia martell, which in the end resulted in oberyns death.
Alyssa just stared at his lifeless body, he was a good friend, even when they had their disagreements recently, he still mattered to her, seeing him dead, it pained her, but it also meant that tywin had to sentence tyrion to death.
She looked at tywin, silently begging him not to do it, It would cause just more drama and stress, but he couldn't do anything about it, so Tyrion was sentenced to die, by his own father.

It was late at night, but Alyssa and Tywin were still awake, processing the happenings of the day.
"I can't believe he's dead, just because of his own stupidity, hanging on to the past like that, he should've just killed the mountain, it would've made everything so much easier." Alyssa said, pacing through the room.
Tywin was sitting on their bed, watching her.
"Honey, maybe you should sit down, and calm your nerves, stressing yourself is not good for the baby."
She sighed and walked up to him, "the whole day isn't good for the baby, I'm stressed out already, moving around helps me a bit." She gave him a small smile as he put his head against her stomach.
"Do you think he was right? Oberyn i mean."
"About what?"
"That i will never be a good father."
Tywin kissed her stomach, looking up at her.
"I know that you weren't the best father to jaime, Cersei and tyrion, but you will be a good father to our little lion, I'm sure of it."
Tywin nodded, he wanted to believe it, "i wanna be a good father to this child, and I'm gonna do everything in my power to make that come true." He kissed her stomach again, "i love you my little lion." He whispered against her belly, smiling.
She smiled, kissing the top of his head. "You're a good man my love, no matter what everyone else is saying."

Suddenly they heard a thud come from in front of their door, Tywin stood up, standing in front of Alyssa.
"What was that?" She asked, taking his hand into her own.
"I don't know my love." He answered, worry in his voice.
The door opened slowly, and tyrion came into view, a crossbow in his hands.
"Tyrion?" Alyssa asked, "what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the black cells?"
"No, i will leave this damn city, but not before i have my revenge." He pointed the crossbow Tywin.
"Tyrion don't!" Alyssa tried to get in front of Tywin but he held her back.
"It's okay love, stay back, I don't want you to get hurt." Tywin looked at tyrion, "you can leave tyrion, i won't stop you, i won't send guards after you, just leave, and everything will be forgotten."
"No it won't, i will never forget the things you did to me, all the ways you hurt me. You sentenced your own son to death! You will pay for all the pain you caused me over the years!" He got ready to shoot when Alyssa stepped forward.
"Stop it Tyrion please! You lost the trial! Oberyn died because of you! He had no choice but to sentence you to death please-" tyrion pointed the crossbow at Alyssa making her step back, "I don't want to hurt you ally, you didn't do anything to me, it's him i need to kill."
"No please." Tears started to roll down Alyssa's cheeks. "You can't say you don't want to hurt me when you plan to kill him, please just go Tyrion." Tywin stepped in Front of Alyssa again, trying to comfort her as best as he could in the situation.
"I'm sorry ally, he hurt me too much." With that, he shot bolt right into his fathers stomach, loading the crossbow again as tywin fell to his knees, clinging to Alyssa.
"No! Don't! Tyrion stop it!" She was crying harder now, trying to shield her husband.
Tyrion shot another bolt, hitting tywin in the chest before he left the room, as tywin sank to the floor in Alyssa's arms.
"Tywin please, hold on my love please!" She was crying more and more, screaming for guards to help her.
"My love..." Tywin looked at her, blood flowing to the floor, not visible on Alyssa's deep red dress.
"Hold on my lion, you can't die, I can't lose you, please, i need you, WE need you."
"I'm sorry my love... I'm so sorry..."
"No Tywin! No you can't die! You can't leave me! Please!"

But he was dead already, coming to rest in her lap, for the last time as she clung to his lifeless body, her scream waking up the whole keep.

Jaime and a few other guards were the first to arrive, seeing Alyssa in a pool of blood, clinging to Tywin's body, screaming and crying.

And at that moment, when she realised his heart had stopped beating, something inside her broke so violently that she wondered if it was possible for no one to have heard it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
441K 11K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
1.2M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
1.9M 85.9K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.