Finding Paris - (gxg)

By supercollide

After a rough breakup Paris LaRue runaways from her home town in hopes of amending her broken heart and start... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 32

1.3K 107 15
By supercollide

"Mom I'm staying one more week." Riley walked around her hotel suite with her phone in hand.

"Why is that? You were supposed to come back today." Her mother was already worried about her trip and it was only three days... she didn't want to imagine how a whole week will make her feel.

"I just had an unexpected change of plans." She muttered looking through the window of her suite.

"Did you and Paris get back together?" Her mother questioned.

As if. That is never going to happen, not when Paris found love with someone else already... and Riley, she hasn't love yet, but she found a new interest.

"No. Paris is dating someone else. I... I'm going to travel around Scotland, get to know the land and all, maybe I'll visit Ireland too." She didn't want to tell her mother she had... met someone that had peaked her interest enough to prolong her stay. Lying was easier, if anything happens she'll tell her mother.

In these days she will have to travel to make it credible though.

"I see. Well, whatever makes you happy. How are you doing?" She knew what her mother was implying with the question.

"I'm doing well enough. I haven't drank if that's what you were wondering... I almost did, but I didn't a friend helped me." Riley confessed, she had already told a lie to her mom, she didn't want to add another one.

"Thank you for telling me, Riley. That friend sounds like someone worth keeping."

"I guess she is." She muttered.

Cassidy was nice, she knew how to read Riley even though they have just met a couple of times — however she could not decipher the Scot, one moment she would seem uncaring and cold and the other... she cared and joked, she was unpredictable to her. Riley wasn't sure if they were friends at all yet, but Cassidy has so far helped her twice in two days.

"I have to go now. I have meetings to tend to, I will call you again tomorrow." Her mom said.

Of course she will.

"Sure bye mom." She hung up and went to the balcony of her suite and sat on the chair that was outside.

Riley had been avoiding Paris since yesterday—when she noticed she had arrived on the bakery after Heather had left she followed suit and fled as well. It still hurt to have found out like she did about Paris and Alessia the way she did.

She was aware that her ex didn't owe her anything... but it would have been good to have a heads up and not just catch her and Alessia eating their faces off.

So she ignored the texts and calls, she got from Paris. Riley wasn't in the mood for a confrontation, she must have figured out by now the reason of her being avoided. Maybe all those texts were about it—she wouldn't know, she didn't bother opening them.

She hasn't texted Heather either... she wasn't sure how soon was good enough to text her without seeming desperate— however she didn't want to seem disinterested either.

Riley glanced at her phone over the cristal round table that was in front of her and grabbed it. "Fuck it," she muttered.

She sent a text to Heather letting her know it was her and she was shocked when she got a reply almost instantly.

Heather

Hello.

I didn't think you would text.

Why wouldn't I?

I asked for your number, didn't I?

You did... I just thought you would have texted sooner if you were going to.

Sorry, I don't really know how this thing works.

Texting?

No. I mean getting asked my number and you also want us to meet again... it's all kind of new and confusing for me.

It's okay.
I should've listened to my brain and texted you when I first wanted to.

I just want to get to know you.
If you are okay with that.

I want that too.
You are interesting Riley.

Do you want to meet up?

Riley didn't want to wait three more days to see her again—she would wait if she had to... but if she had a chance to see her before Wednesday she would take it.

Heather didn't reply right away and that caused anxiety on the pit of her stomach.

Maybe she fucked up and Heather thought she was being pushy and desperate.

Like a fucking weirdo.

Riley pinched the bridge of her nose—she shouldn't have texted her, she fucked up everything already.

The sound of her phone broke her from her self destruct thoughts. Quickly taking a hold of it she opened her messages.

Heather

Okay.

Where?

I don't really know this town so maybe you can choose the place and I can meet you there?

There's this small Gelateria near the park. We could met up there?

Great! I'll meet you there in an hour?

I'll meet you there Riley.

Riley didn't waste time to go back inside the suite and rummage through her luggage — she didn't bring many clothes given it was originally only a three day trip that has now turned into a week long one. So she would have to buy more clothes if she goes out with Heather again... which she hope she gets to.

In that moment it hit her. She hasn't gone on a date in years... after Paris and her broke up she never searched for a relationship and before getting with Paris she never had anything serious... sure she had dates, but how comparable are dates as a teenager with the ones as an adult?

Probably not.

But passing notes with Heather yesterday had been so easy and natural. It didn't feel forced at all.

Fuck she needed something to write on.

Riley went to look for the jacket she was wearing yesterday—if she remember well she had forgotten to give Sean his sticky notes back as well as his pen. Going through the pockets she found both things, grabbing them she stuffed them on her jean pockets.

It was a bit cold outside, not enough to freeze but enough to use a jacket. She picked the leather jacket she had used to go to the club the other night and put it over her black pullover.

When she was all ready she grabbed her suite card and walked out. Heather had mentioned something about a Gelateria near the park and according to Maps there was only one in town—she set up the map and began her way towards it.

It wouldn't be a long walk, so she had made time by sightseeing and entering stores until the hour was up and she went to the Gelateria to wait for Heather.

Riley sat on a bench in the park that was right in front of the store as she waited—she had texted Riley where she was, but she was yet to receive a response.

As she waited patiently a car parked in front of her—a Citroen and out of it walked Heather. The window of the driver's seat rolled down and it was a guy not much older than her that resembled Heather — could that be the brother Cassidy mentioned?

The guy waved at Riley, but it was clear he was studying her as he looked at her. Riley waved back with a weird smile, she wasn't sure of what else to do. She understood his hesitation to leave his... sister? With an stranger, it was understandable given the circumstances.

Heather stood besides her and signed something to the guy who did the same before reluctantly rolling up the window and driving away.

Now it was just the two of them.

Heather gave Riley a note once they were alone.

'Sorry my parents insisted that my brother drove me.'

Riley chuckled and took her notes and pen out of her pocket and wrote her something. 'You had that pre written?'

'I wrote it once I got in the car. I know is lame for someone my age to be driven to a date by her brother.'

Riley couldn't help but smile as she read that note. 'So this is a date?'

Heather looked at her with nervousness and her cheeks now flushed and quickly went to write something to her.

'Is it not?'

Riley nodded happily and extended her arm out to her—Heather looked at it and at Riley who moved it insisting for her to take it. Heather bit her lip and shyly took it and they walked together towards the ice cream shop.

Walking in they went to the counter to look at all of the flavors, there wasn't many people at the shop given the weather wasn't exactly one were you go out for ice cream... and Riley didn't exactly crave for one either right now in this cold but she will get one.

Riley wrote a note to her as Heather looked at all of the flavors and gave it to her.

'Which one do you want?'

Heather pointed to one flavor behind the glass and Riley had to double check by asking her in the note once again. 'Lemon?'

She nodded and then pointed to Riley with her head tilted. Riley pointed to one flavor through the glass as well making Heather frown and write something down.

'Mint?'

Riley nodded in response like she had and went to the line to order that only consisted of one person.

She wrote a note to Heather as they waited, 'You don't like mint?'

'I have never tried it. Doesn't seem too appealing.'

Riley quickly responded as it was their turn to order. 'You will today.'

Heather raised a brow at her with a faint smile on her face as she watched her order for them.

"Hello how can I help you?"

"Hi, can I get a cone of mint ice cream and one of lemon?" When Riley pulled her out her card she felt a hand on her her arm.

Heather shook her head and pointed to herself—a bill in hand. Riley shook her head as well and proceeded to give the card to the cashier.

Heather then gave her a note, 'I wanted to pay.'

Riley moved out of the line with her as they waited for their ice cream and wrote a reply on her sticky notes. 'I invited you on a date so I pay. You don't have to worry about money with me, really.'

Heather bit her lip with a frown as she wrote—and Riley didn't think to have ever seen someone look so cute.

Her staring was interrupted by the guy behind the counter handing her the ice creams. She gave Heather her's and in return she got a note.

'I don't want to take advantage of you. I can pay too.'

They got out of the shop and sat on one of the tables they had outside. It was then that Riley was able to write down a reply to Heather. 'I'll let you pay next time, how about that?'

Heather smiled and wrote back something, 'Next time?'

'If you want to of course, I would love to go out with you again.' And again and again Riley thought.

'You are on luck because I do want to.' Heather slid the note to her as she ate her ice cream.

Riley extended her ice cream towards Heather, nodding to it indicating for her to try it out. Heather hesitated at first but leaned in on the table and tasted it—Riley waited the consensus patiently before she got thumbs up from her, she then extended her own ice cream towards her date wanting Riley to taste her's as well.

When she did Riley gave her thumbs up indicating that she had liked it as well.

They ate the ice creams without passing notes until they were done with them.

It was then that Riley decide to restart conversation. 'How old are you?' She slid the sticky note to her date.

'Twenty two and you?'

'Twenty five.' Riley thought of what else to ask her, but Heather got ahead of her.

'Why are you visiting Scotland?' It read Heather's note who looked at her with curiosity.

Riley thought about what to say... ultimately she opted for the truth. She didn't want to lie to Heather, if she asked she would get a truthful answer from her.

'I came here for my ex-girlfriend's birthday... I know it's weird, but we are somewhat friends now.'

Heather's brows raised as she read and then began to write. 'Why did you breakup if you still come to her birthday and get along?'

Riley sighed and dread passed her as she wrote and gave her the note. 'I fucked up, I did something I shouldn't behind her back and we were also toxic to each other. Things turned sour with the years.'

Heather's face was unreadable and that scared Riley. She probably knows what she's implying and won't want to see her again after today.

And she wouldn't blame her.

'Did you cheat?' Heather face didn't hold judgement when she passed her the note—again, only curiosity.

Riley gulped. 'Almost.'

Heather nodded and offered her a small smile, 'I appreciate the honesty. I don't think anyone would admit that.'

'I don't want to lie to you.' Riley smiled back at her and hesitatingly put her hand over Heather's that was resting on top of the table.

Riley's stomach felt funny when Heather's thumb graced her's.

Heather blushed at the action and wrote another note to Riley. 'I've never dated anyone. I was homeschooled and well... I don't have the biggest circle of friends, most of them are online friends. Kind of lame, I know.'

Riley frowned and shook her head, 'That's not lame, everyone moves at their own pace... besides is hard to believe no one has asked you out before. You are beautiful Heather and your personality is even more adorable.'

Heather bit her bottom lip trying to contain a smile, but failed to do so—the tips of her ears went red. She never knew how to take a compliment.

'You are beautiful too Riley, very. I like your personality as well. Not everyone is up to writing a bunch of notes just to talk to me. Trust me there's a few that had given up.'

Riley wrote down another note before standing up and extending her hand out to Heather—who grabbed it and then the note she passed to her. 'You are worth every effort, I know we just met but I already know it.'

Heather read it as they walked on the park, folding the note she put it in her pant's pocket and lightly squeezed Riley's arm twice where her hand was resting—in response Riley smiled and winked at her date.

They walked together through the park, not passing notes anymore but rejoicing in each other's company. At some point they came across a dog—a husky that was owned by an middle aged couple that let them pet it when the dog had approached them.

Riley watched as Heather happily interacted with the dog—smiling as the dog almost threw her back in excitement. She laughed without a sound and it was interesting, Heather showcased a full smile that Riley was mesmerized with.

When the dog and the couple left Riley helped Heather get up from the grass, as she dusted herself off Riley gave her a note.

'So you like dogs?' Heather nodded once she read it and she was about to grab a hold of her pen to write back when she felt the vibration of her phone.

Taking it out Riley saw her smile deflate—making her frown and worry about her change of humor.

Heather finally grabbed her pen and wrote to Riley. 'My brother is here to pick me up, I have to go home it'll be dark soon.'

Oh.

'It's okay, can I walk you to your car?'

Heather nodded and they began their way to the car, that was in the same spot she had been dropped off in. When the car was in sight Heather stopped and began writing another note for Riley.

'Will I see you again before you leave?' Heather looked at her with hope in her eyes.

'I won't leave before I get to see you again. I promise.' Riley wrote back.

After all, she was the sole reason for Riley's extension of the trip.

The toothy smile made it's way back to Heather's face as she read. 'What will you do for the rest of your trip?'

'Travel around Scotland, any recommendations?'

Her date nodded and replied back in a note. 'Edinburgh and Loch Ness.'

'I'll go there then, I'll send pictures.'

'I'll be waiting for them and that other date. I have to go now.'

Riley nodded understandingly, 'I'll see you soon for that second date Heather.'

Heather looked at Riley and then to where her brother's car was parked before she boldly leaned in and hugged Riley and proceeded to kiss her on the cheek.

It was all so fast that Riley had been left in a shock—only watching as Heather walked to her car as she stood frozen in place.

For the first time in a long time Riley felt something else other than dread and sadness.

A/N - Long chapter almost 3k words.

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 223 8
A sequel to 'Way Back' [also known as the huge mess Charlie has made]. What if the right person comes at the worst possible time? Would you fix your...
5K 209 10
Two women met and they became close. When one must go away, leaving the other feel alone. One day she finally came back, what has changed when she wa...
2.3M 65.2K 23
Rated 18+ for lesbian sex scenes and crude language. Paris Carter has been bullied for her size and out of place because she was taller than most bo...
16.8K 1.4K 44
If you read A Little Dinged Up, you might wonder what happened to Trish, Lylah's ex, after everything wrapped up. Well, now you can find out! Yes, th...