Her Last Mission | Park Sungh...

By ohmanholysheet_

He was the reason Cheonsa existed. His love was her mission. VERY short story. More

T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X

O N E

365 19 2
By ohmanholysheet_

Pls vote and comment your opinions :) it motivates me more

___________________

"I want to marry you!"

The girl looked down at the shorter boy, widening her eyes. "We're only 7 Sunghoon-ah! We cant get married yet!"

The boys smile drops. "B-but why not! I want to marry you can I not marry you!"

The boy held out the lollipop ring, tears forming in his eyes. "We're too young! My mummy and daddy got married when they were grown ups!" The girl says, crossing her arms.

The boy falls to his knees on the damp grass, tears spilling from his eyes. "But I like you! I wanna marry you."

The girl looked at the crying boy, kneeling in front of him and wiping his tears. "I'll marry you when we're grown ups, okay?" She looks down at him, moving his hair aside roughly to see his eyes.

He glances up at her and sniffles. "But what if you don't love me when we're grown ups! I promise to love you forever but what about you?!" He pouts, once again on the verse of tears.

"I will love you forever sunghoon!" She says, trying her best to cheer the boy up.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

She was too young, making a promise that held onto her heart for the rest of her life.

____________________________

"Don't leave me alone!"

"Calm down Sunghoon I'm not. I'm just going to the bathroom." The girl chuckles, looking at her nervous bestfriend. "Oh.. okay."

The girl walks into the woman's bathroom, doing her business and washing her hands before leaving.

Her smile turns to a frown when the place her bestfriend was previously standing was empty. She looks around, avoiding the moving students of the highschool, trying to look for her friend.

"Boo."

The girl jumps, turning around and looking up at the boy, a large smile on his face. "Sorry I heard someone talking about ice skating and listened in, not realising I was following them." He chuckles nervously, causing the girl to roll her eyes.

"Oh lord, c'mon let's go to class."

First day of highschool turned to first day of sophomore year, then junior year, their friendship unbroken as they were stuck by the hip.

And before the girl could realise it, these unknown feelings that had been hiding themselves since a kid had started to present itself in her heart.

"Sunghoon-ah, you wanna come to my house after?"

The boy shakes his head.

"Nope, because I'm bringing you somewhere else!"

He drags her by her wrist, running over to the bus stop when he catches sight of the bus. They get on just in time and he pays for both of their bus fairs, finding a seat for the both of them.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon."

"But my parents-."

"I already told them and they agreed. Don't worry. Don't you trust me?" Sunghoon smiles, his one very faint dimple showing.

"No I don't.. but okay."

He rolls his eyes, his hand still in hers as he interlaces their fingers together.

She looks down at their hands before looking away, a red tint on her cheeks. She stares out the window and soon see's an amusement park.

"Dude another day before it closes when we're free, let's go to the amusement park." She turns to Sunghoon with a smile, watching him chuckle.

"What?"

He shakes his head as the bus stops, pulling her hand with his as they walk out the bus. "Oh wait where are we going?"

He stops and waits for the crossing sign to turn green before crossing, walking towards the entrance of the amusement park.

"I saw you stare at this place the other day, and it closes soon so I'm bringing you here before it moves to another town."

Her eyes widen as she stops in her tracks, looking up at the tall boy with two tickets in his hand. "Really?!"

Her eyes light up when he nods, her heart pounding against her chest as her excitement starts to kick in.

"WELL C'MON LETS GO!" She shouts, jumping up and down before pulling him closer to the entrance. The boy shows the tickets and they get stamped, the two excitedly going in hand in hand.

For the rest of the day, they went on multiple rides,  playing heaps of games and won only one prize, and ate lots of foods.

By the time they finished eating, only one ride was open.

"It's the Ferris Wheel." She says, looking up at the huge ride. "Lets go."

The girl looks at the boy with an uneasy expression. "What's wrong?"

"They're scary."

He raises a brow. "You went on the scariest rides here but you're scared of the Ferris Wheel?" He questions, the small female nodding in response. "They're like.. slow and they randomly stop. They scare me because what if it stops and never continues like I'm just stuck there. It also gives me more time to realise I'm in the fucking sky."

She looks up when she gets no response, seeing the boy smile down at her. "I promise nothing will go wrong okay?"

'I promise to love you forever.'

The words from her childhood suddenly hit her, her mind too occupied by the said promise that she doesn't realise the boy pulling her into the line.

"Okay but like wha-."

She realises they're the next to go onto the carriage. "Oh lord."

Sunghoons pulls her onto the carriage and sits opposite from her, keeping the carriage balanced. "Sunghoon I think im gonna die." She mutters, looking out of the window's as the carriage slowly moves up.

"You're not gonna die shhh."

Her eyes stay on the ground, sometimes squeezing her eyes shut when the carriage stops moving for the other passengers to get on or off.

"Hey, just look at me."

The girl doesn't listen.

"Look at me."

She slowly opens her eyes, looking up at the boy in front of her. "You wanna sing a song?"

"Am I a child?"

He rolls his eyes at her reply. "Just keep looking at me then, not anywhere else."

He leans back into the carriage, his legs touching hers in the small space. She keeps his eyes on him, still feeling nervous. The carriage is small enough for the two to hold hands, their fingers together once again.

"Come to play anytime. Don't play games. If you feel like you're running out of time, I'll open every night."

She looks at the boy confused, a melody she knew from somewhere in his voice as he sang.

"You don't have to wait in line, get your free passes ready. Everything here always, waiting for you."

"In front of the big tree past the entrance, I will meet you and stand. From there, hold my hand tight, you can follow me."

Her heart slowly steadies, watching the curve of his lips and the sparkle in his eyes as he sings to her.

Shall we go over there with the Ferris wheel, made for you? I'll show you the garden and my heart.
How about that roller coaster, like the night I spent alone. Up and down."

With the familiar tune, she recognises the song by one of her favourite artists. A song she played a lot when it first came out.

"Full of dreams and love. Let's go to a mysterious world. Colorful fireworks, a wonderful parade for the two. I am your amusement park."

Even though she knew this was all to simply relax her emotions, different emotions presented themselves, making her heart beat faster. The melody of Baekhyun's Amusement Park filling up her ears.

"Sit on a bench and relax. Eat with ice cream.
If you are worried about chocolate and vanilla, I'll buy the mixed flavor with churros."

"Shall we go to the haunted house? If you're scared, you can hug me."

"Don't let go of this hand. Don't be a little disappointed, I'll fit whatever you want. Always always be yours."

As he sung those lyrics, his eyes trailed down to their interlaced fingers, each softly caressing the other in an act of comfort. A soft smile plays on his lips, an unknown feeling at the pit of his stomach.

"Full of dreams and love. Let's go to a mysterious world. Colorful fireworks, a wonderful parade for the two. I am your amusement park."

He has always loved her, and now, finally, after years of unrequited love, she finally likes him back.

"Merry go merry go merry go round, beautiful you on the merry go round."

As he sings the lyrics softly, she gently mouths the lyrics too, knowing them by heart.

"Merry go merry go merry go round. I'll kiss you on your pretty forehead."

He smiles wider at her, not realising himself that they were already back at the bottom again.

The two stand up and walk out, hand in hand and in silence, simply enjoying each other's presence as they leave the amusement park.

"Thank you, Sunghoon-ah."

The male raises his brow, looking down at her. "For what?"

"For bringing me here obviously." She laughs, nudging him gently with a smile. "Oh I thought you meant for the Ferris wheel." He chuckles, causing her to roll her eyes. "Well that too." She smiles, looking down at their feet as they wait for the pedestrian light to turn green.

Nothing was said after that, their hands still held together as they continue onto their journey home.

The only mistake of that night was the boy thinking his love was still unrequited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 139 14
"best friend forever!!" Where two bestfriend falls inlove with each other, does frienship worth sacrificing? actually there's nothing special on thei...
13.5K 728 41
a story where a girl who wants to learn how to move on because of her serious attachment on him. Then suddenly went back of time and changes everythi...
13.2K 431 15
Let it be me. Another typical love story between two best friends. ;)
8.7K 275 15
Just what the title says:) Requests are allowed and appreciated. This is purely a work of fiction. Do not mix up reality with this. Some chapters mi...