Enchanted by the Hellhound

By KayeM0412

"What. Was. That?" "We had believed they were extinct." "They?" "Extinct?" "We had believed all of the Noble... More

Epigraph
Fire
~straining against his shackles~
~threatened to suffocate her~
~continuous insolence and disrespect~
~wiping away the dried blood~
~a dark, lingering sense of overcoming danger~
~with such fierce and savage concern~
~snarling amongst the dancing flames~
Death
~a habit of finding dead things~
Fear
~a raging ball of uncontrollable fire~
~the trail of an aura darker than his own~

~a shudder of unbridled madness~

2.6K 129 9
By KayeM0412

nine

Bella and Tulay pulled up in front of a certain house on the Reservation, one of the two houses that the younger Swan really didn't want to be close to right now. But her gaze was stolen by the girl who had practically kidnapped her, dragging her out of her house... even though she went willingly.

"You finally ready for answers, Mathair?" the white blonde, Irish woman flipped up her mirrored sunglasses and swung her long leg off the bike before helping off the brunette.

"Honestly. Why do you keep calling me that?!" Bella tugged the borrowed helmet from her head and hung it on the handlebar. She crossed her arms and cocked her hip to the side before an eyebrow at the second newest person in her life in a matter of two days.

Tulay gave the eighteen year old a cheeky smirk, threading her perfectly manicured fingers through her slightly wavy locks touseling them before replacing her sunglasses on top of her head. She then straightened her leather jacket, "I'm not the one who's gonna tell you, little bird. Or later I might..." she sang softly and sarcastically.

The other girl groaned then shook out her reddish brown curls, an unimpressed pout on her pale face as she glared lightly at the blonde, "That's just not fair."

Bella's chocolate coloured gaze danced over the treeline to her right as if sensing something closing in on them. It was so strange and only something she'd just recently felt...

Now she was nervous.

Here she was, standing only several feet away from the door of the house of someone she thought was her best friend. That nervousness turned into anger and so she was going to demand some goddamn answers for the bloody questions she really hadn't figured out to ask yet...

And one of them... was staring right at her with an amused smirk on her pale, fae like face while she lit up yet another one of those cancer sticks and leant against her bike.

The tallish brunette closed her eyes and gulped. At least Tulay, as annoying as she is, was right here. Jacob had just completely ghosted her. Bella wasn't gonna let it fly, not after everything that's happened.

Her silver eyed shadow followed her somewhat closely to the Black House. She was ready, the Swan was telling herself. She was. Whatever was about to be thrown in her face, she was ready.

A spark of fear was quickly extinguished with the image of the smirking face of her tall, dark haired stranger and everything he'd made her feel in the short amount of time she'd known him.

The young woman rolled her shoulders and straightened her spine, then began a not so sure footed march, when the front door to Jacob's house was suddenly thrown open, banging loudly against the wall before slamming shut. The anger on his face made her take a step back.

"Bella!" Her best? friend shouted with disbelief, "What the hell do you think you're doing here?! You need to go. Get out, now. You don't belong here!"

With her heart in absolute pieces, Tulay moved to stand in front of the brunette and let out a little growl, "Now yah listen 'ere, yah fuckin' gobshite," her usually faded accent now thick with anger, "Don't yah be screamin' yah guts out at her or I'll knock yah on yah wee arse and bust yah fuckin' dial."

"Who the hell are you?" the Black screwed his face up as if he'd smelt something awful and Bella finally looked up at him. He'd changed. He was taller, buffer... meaner. He'd had cut his long hair that the younger Swan had always admired. The Black teen, could she even call him that anymore, was shirtless and shoeless, wearing only cut off denim shorts. That left the large tribal looking tattoo on his bicep, right in Bella's eyeliner.

"I'm the one who's gonna gut yah from yah bollocks to yah brains, boy, if yah keep up with the fuckin' attitude. And if yah wanna start something, be sure, I'll fuckin' finish it, yah feckin' eegit," the platinum blonde was squaring up with the creature the voices in her head were whispering about. Her ancient, wild blood was growing excited at the possibility of wielding the primal power of her kin and punishing this insolent child who had caused her Mathair such pain.

A threatening, snarl crossed Jacob's face as a deep growl erupted from his tanned chest, making Tulay bristle and inhale swiftly. Bella took another step back, her heart shaped face painted with unease and worry. The brunette grabbed hold of her friend's jacket and yanked her back, unsure.

Was he like Rykar?

The sixteen year old's skin began to ripple, his whole body literally trembling with a rage that Bella didn't know he had.

She tugged again on Tulay, harder, pulling her away from whatever was about to happen, because she didn't want the person who was helping her injured.

It was a good plan.

Jacob's body, without warning, suddenly ripped apart, leaving a horse sized, russet brown wolf to leap from the front porch. It bared its sharp teeth at the unimpressed Tulay.

The blonde's face then twisted into a deadly scowl as she stared the wolf down. Her mouth curved up in a nasty snarl, "Run, Mathair."

"No."

"Run!"

"Hell no!"

Bella grabbed Tulay's hand, turned tail and bolted.

The Irish woman groaned quietly as she rolled her silver eyes, well at least her Mathair had SOME common sense.

Neither of the two, however, thought that it was pointless, to run away from a giant wolf.

The comforting warmth Bella had felt in her chest when they'd first pulled into the Reservation, grew stronger as she and Tulay raced for the woods. It was burning hotter, brighter as the forest line grew closer.

And to her surprise?

Out walk two specific people.

:3

"Rykar. Rykar!"

The Beast's head snapped around at the sound of his soulmate's panicked voice, his deep blue eyes meeting her gaze and seeing the fear shining brightly in them.

Right next to her, being dragged along like a doll, was his oldest and dearest friend.

And behind them... a sight that filled him with a murderous rage. He immediately recognized the wolf pup as the very Black he had been speaking to Uley about. Now just what the fuck was he doing?!

A shudder of unbridled madness ruptured his core and a terrifying animal like sound, that would have shredded a mortal man's vocal cords, burst from his throat. In a blur, he sped past his Bella, past Tulay with his eyes now glowing that brilliant, fiery orange.

He lunged for Jacob, his own skin shredding from his body to expose the daunting creature within. The Beast, shrouded with hellfire, was almost twice the size of the wolf, the deafening roar escaping his dripping maw made the shifter skid to a stop with a whimper.

If Hellhound of Old didn't know that the ignorant Black was the rightful Alpha to the Quileute pack, which he did, and was the son of an Elder, which he was, then when Rykar had trapped the unmannered wolf pup with his jaws around his throat, digging his teeth in... he would have killed him... viciously and bloodily.

The dark, massive Beast had Jacob on his back with a humongous paw pressed heavily against the pup's chest. The danger of snapping his neck or simply crushing him was clear and both of them knew it.

Black was frozen with terror, a whine faintly coming from his quivering body.

'Should you ever attack Tulay or my Bella ever again, boy,' Rykar's deep voice, like thunder, echoed in the shifter's mind, 'It won't matter what your status is amongst Taha Aki's tribe... I will rip your heart out, present it to your father and burn the remains of your body, so you will never have peace like your ancestors. Do you understand me?'

'yes, sir...' Jacob could only whimper back, his thoughts drowning with terror.

:3

Bella and Tulay stopped next to an agitated Sam, who was only focused on the beasts in front of them. He seemed to be struggling with holding himself back.

The brunette watched, now feeling a touch of awe, but she was also panting like was about to pass out. Holy shit, she was out of shape.

The platinum blonde had a smug look on her pale face and threw an arm around Bella's shoulders, which was returned with her Mathair wrapping her arm around her waist.

"Sam?"

The older man shifted his stance and tilted his head, but kept his dark eyed gaze on the hellhound and one of his packmates. There was obviously no contest. Rykar had the Black in a death grip, a simple twist and the boy would be dead.

"Yes?"

"Do you know what is happening?" Bella's voice quivered, her grip around Tulay's waist growing tighter with the length of his silence. Her chocolate eyed gaze flickered between the three.

Rykar and Jacob, in their state of massive show of dominance and Sam, with his unwillingness to answer her question.

Finally, Uley turned his head to stare at the girls, "Perhaps you should come to the bonfire tonight. Seems everything is out in the open now..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 1.3K 13
Everyone knows Renesmee Cullen right? Well if you don't you liver under a rock. Well what if Renesmee has a younger twin who is hated by Edward, Bell...
14.3K 317 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...
60.6K 1.2K 32
after the slayer killed the dark lord ending his war against the demons and finally avenge his family not knowing what to do now the father gave him...
195K 4.6K 23
"...I don't draw on my body to make myself look badass, no, it was never that way. I see you glance at them whenever your sister comes in. You're int...