17 Days - SVT

By CaratRHope

Thirteen teenage boys are stranded on a deserted island. Read along as seventeen horrifying days in the wilde... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015

007

218 8 12
By CaratRHope

"I've caught two fish." reported Soonyoung, returning to the group with two fish in his hands.

"No one asked." said Jihoon in a monotone voice.

Soonyoung had left the group fifteen minutes prior to find something to eat. Dokyeom had since calmed down, but he was distancing himself from the group, scared of hurting them again.

Soonyoung ignored Jihoon. "So, who's cooking today?"

"I'll do it." shrugged Vernon. "Seungkwan, want to help me?"

"Sure." said Seungkwan, kneeling beside the fire with Vernon.

Mingyu plopped down next to Wonwoo, who was sitting with his back against a tree, staring into space. "You okay?"

Wonwoo nodded, not even blinking. "I'm fine. Go."

Mingyu stayed put. "I know you don't like talking to people, but I want to talk to you. Is that alright?"

"Why do you want to talk to me? There's eleven other boys here, go talk to one of them." said Wonwoo.

"Exactly my point. There are eleven other boys here. But I want to talk to you."

Wonwoo looked up, confused and surprised. Mingyu smiled, showing off his perfectly white canines.

"What do you want to talk about?" sighed Wonwoo reluctantly.

"I don't know. I just want to be with you." said Mingyu. "Do you want to talk about anything in particular?"

"Not really. I'm socially anxious. But I have a reason." said Wonwoo quietly.

"May I ask what the reason is?" asked Mingyu.

Wonwoo sighed. "When I was young, my parents told me I wasn't allowed to speak. They would hit me if I did. I hate to say it, but I was glad when they died in that boat wreck. We never had a good relationship."

"I'm sorry." said Mingyu, truly sorry for the elder. "I wish I could say something better."

"I don't need a speech." said Wonwoo. "I just need a friend."

"Well, you've found what you were looking for, then." said Mingyu, smiling. "I'll be your friend."

"You know..." said Wonwoo, and what he did next shocked Mingyu.

He smiled too.

"I think I'd like that."

***

After dinner, they all sat around the fire on their tree stumps again. None of them knew what to say.

"So if we all want to be idols..." said Seungkwan finally. "Why don't we sing a bit?"

"Good idea, Seungkwan." praised Jeonghan. "Just sing what comes to mind. Maybe we can make a song out of it."

"Can I start?" asked Joshua.

Jeonghan nodded. "Just point at someone else to sing when you're done."

Joshua took a deep breath. He had something in mind.

You and I together, shall we

Sit around and stare at each other?

The weather that resembles you

All the memories on the flowery path

Put a small note in front of you

If we hand it over to each other

It seemed like it was going to be okay

Let's make our hearts easier in the future

You'll be able to figure it out

Now, you know each other's eyes 

I was only shy in front of you

I met your eyes in no time

The moon shines closer today

Brightly shining in the night sky

Our singing voice

The sound of our laughter

Sparks popping up one by one

We can see our memories

Shining so bright

Even if today passes

This song we made together

I don't want you to forget

You, who was next to me

I, who was next to you

Made each other

Our campfire

You to me, I to you

What I was so thankful for

I can't let go of your hand

Even in the corners of our eyes, only a smile

The time goes by faster

My regret is already

You're smarter than me

I don't know how it feels and time flies

It wasn't easy, you and I even here

On the way we came, we trusted each other only

Since time like gold goes by quickly

I want to hold you tight because I'm with you

In my hand, in front of a guitar and a burning flame

A train of memories that departs from the past

Brightly shining in the night sky

Our singing voice

The sound of our laughter

Sparks popping up one by one

We can see our memories

Shining so bright

We're only running out of time

Don't forget that

How precious and how thankful I am

Even if the moonlight goes out tomorrow morning

Our hearts don't go out

When it's hard and you're tired

I'll light you up

Just smile brightly

So that we can be each other's strength

Let's all sing together

Even after this night

When it's hard and you're tired

I'll light you up

Don't let go of my hand

You, who was next to me

I, who was next to you

We'll light up each other

Our campfire

Dokyeom clapped. "That was perfect!"

Seungcheol grinned. "It reminds me of my mother."

"It reminds me of my friend." said Soonyoung. "I lost my best friend a few years ago to suicide."

"I'm sorry." muttered Jihoon, almost inaudibly.

Soonyoung shrugged. "Don't be. I've moved on."

"Do you still think about them?" asked Chan, rocking back and forth with his knees to his chest.

"All the time." said Soonyoung. "But it's been a few years. I realize it won't do me well to look back on it and cry. I want to smile because I had the chance to be with him."

"That's sweet." said Seungkwan, smiling.

"We should all apply that to our lives right now." said Vernon. "All our parents are dead. But we shouldn't let that control us."

The boys mumbled in agreement. They might be a bit distant now, but they knew they were all they had. They had to take advantage of that.

***

"Let's just sleep how we did last night, so it won't be awkward. Good night, everyone."

It was around ten when the boys decided to call it a night. They split into their separate shelters, with Minghao, Junhui, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Joshua, and Dokyeom in one, Jeonghan, Seungcheol, Soonyoung, Jihoon, Vernon, Seungkwan, and Chan in the other.

In the second shelter, Chan curled up in a corner, close to Jeonghan and Seungcheol. "Hyungs... I don't feel well."

"What's wrong?" asked Jeonghan worriedly, placing a hand on Chan's forehead.

"I think I got sick in the sea." said Chan. "The water's polluted. I might have swallowed some while floating here."

"Oh, Channie." said Jeonghan softly. "I don't think there's anything I can do for you... but it shouldn't be that bad, don't worry. Wake me if anything happens, alright?"

Chan nodded. "Good night, hyung."

Jeonghan turned to Seungcheol, lying propped on one elbow. "Are you waiting for me or something?" he asked, careful to keep his voice low.

Seungcheol averted his gaze. "I was wondering... if you were cold... if you wanted to... you know..."

But he didn't need to continue. Jeonghan let himself fall into Seungcheol's arms, instantly comforted by his warmth.

"I like this." he whispered.

Seungcheol smiled shyly. "How did you know?"

"Cheollie-" Seungcheol's heart fluttered at the nickname- "I've seen the way you look at me in school. We're in the same grade, so I've seen you around. You're so obvious."

"I'd understand if you didn't feel the same way." said Seungcheol awkwardly.

"And what makes you think I would ever not feel that way?" asked Jeonghan.

Seungcheol looked up. "Really?"

Jeonghan nodded. "Come with me."

He led the two of them outside. The only light came from the moonlight and the tiny sparks of flame left in the logs. Seungcheol frowned.

"Why are we coming out here?"

"I don't want to disturb anyone." said Jeonghan, taking Seungcheol's hands. "But I really wanted to do this."

He leaned forward and placed his lips on Seungcheol's.

Seungcheol's eyes widened, but he quickly adjusted and closed them, sinking into the kiss. Jeonghan's soft lips seemed like heaven, even better than he'd dreamed. What were the chances he was saved by the boy he loved most?

Jeonghan hadn't only saved his life, but he'd saved his hope. If it weren't for Jeonghan, Seungcheol knew he would have lost his mind as soon as he woke up on that island.

Maybe what Minghao said was true. Maybe it was fate that had brought them together.

Jeonghan broke away for air, never taking his eyes off Seungcheol. He giggled at the elder's shocked smile.

"Did you enjoy that?"

Seungcheol nodded, tears in his eyes. "Yes. Yes, I did."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 698 35
13 boys found themselves in a house with a murderer, but one of them is not who you think he is. Who is he? ...
44.6K 2.2K 30
a story where they were suffering from the unwanted disease that have been spreading in their region. all they have to do is survive in 24 hours. die...
21.9K 660 47
Seungcheol, a boy who just wants to live and survive Jeonghan, a boy who dosen't want to let seungcheol live. Disclaimer This is my original idea. If...
303K 12.6K 29
ᴀɴ ᴀᴜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴊɪʜᴏᴏɴ ʀᴜɴs ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴘʀɪᴠᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪᴛs ɪᴛ ᴏғғ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴏʀᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴜɴɪᴛ ᴡᴀʀɴ...