Broken Beads

Door Abha3006

Mistakes are a part of human growth, but some are unforgivable and life changing. Riya Varun met when dreams... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 7

469 77 2
Door Abha3006

It had been a month since Riya had started receiving flowers and notes with apologies. She ignored him completely believing he would stop but he never missed  a day. For days she just instructed the security to dumb them in trash but for a week she had turned curious about the notes. Riya tried to distract her mind from the flowers and notes but a part of her went back. She wondered what made Varun so restless for her forgiveness . Why now?  Why was he pushy about it?

Riya believed her ignorance will drive him away but his dedication had now started affecting her. She was still dwindling between her thoughts when sound of her phone bought her back, she smiled and caller ID and answered. ''Hi Vani!''

''Don't Hi me, it has ben a week since I came back home and my baby is still waiting for her masi. We are really heartbroken.''

Riya laughed, ''Sorry, to the baby. I had a busy week but I promise to meet you and my sweet niece this weekend.''

''Think of a name, we want you to give her he name.'' Riya smiled, Vani and Shaan made sure that she felt welcomed and loved. She was happy for them and may be a jealous in a corner, she wondered if things would have taken a different turn, may be she would have had same blessing in her life with Varun. Riya froze, he never left her mind. How much ever she tried, it had always been him. She could never imagine herself with someone else. She pulled her hair hard, he betrayed her and he did not deserve to be in her thoughts she reminded herself. 

Riya felt agitated, she quickly placed her palm her over her heart taking a deep breath. An activity her therapist taught her to counter anxiety.. Damn Varun, she cursed him before moving in.

***

Varun stood below Riya's building his eyes focused on the window of her room. He left a note and bouquet daily  with the security and watched the ill fate of his apology with hope. He knew he deserved it, but he was determined. He had come here with a determination to win her back , but now , all he wanted was her forgiveness. Varun wanted to free her of the pain so she could move forward and be the sunshine she had always been. Varun's phone pinged, it was the message from security. The old man had taken a pity on the young boy and shared his number. Varun smiled reading the message. ''She took the flowers and the note. Don't give up.'' Pushing his hands into the pocket, he walked away, his heart filled with a new hope.

Riya peeped through her window, she knew he was there. She had always known of his presence but she aced as if he didn't exist. Riya stared at the flowers, her mind still thinking what to think of those flowers. Taking slow steps, she allowed her fingers to caress them, her heart going back to her first meeting with him. She has lived those moment and thousand times and his betrayal a million times. Pulling her fingers back, she unfolded the note.

'Riya,

I know, I don't deserve a word or an apology . I don't deserve anything but you deserve all. IF there is something which will make you let go the pain, I am willing to do it. Punish me if you want to. I am not asking a chance, I am asking for an hour. I promise not to bother you again.

Varun.'

Riya crumbled the note throwing it in the corner. Yes, he didn't deserve her apology . A week went in blur and Riya read all the notes left for her. Not in one he asked for her to come back to him. Riya frowned, did he wanted her apology to move on with someone? She felt rage. He was again using her to cleanse his soul and then leave her in pain. She wanted to inflict an a pain on him which would never heal, a pain which would wear him off slowly. She felt amazing calmness as she imagined his heart breaking slowly into million pieces. Yes, she was going to meet him and show him the mirror. She will hurt him beyond his imagination and he will live with it.

Riya heard door bell , taking a deep breath she unlocked the door and came face to face with Vani. ''You are no ready?''

''I will be out in 5''

''No, dress up. Its family event and family should be at their best.'' Riya nodded disappearing in the room. Vaani stared at the flowers and he crumbled note on the table. Vaani slowly picked it up and read it. She so wanted to help these wo but Shaan had asked her not to interfere, she huffed. Crumbling the note further, she placed it back from where she picked it. She had to figure out a way to help them without annoying Shaan.

''I am ready.'' Vaani gave an appreciating glance to her friend. Riya was blessed with beauty and a little touch up made her look like a nymph. Vaani did a small act of warding off the evil eye before two friends walked out of Riya's apartment. Vaani gave one glance to the bouquet , it had found a place in Riya's home , this was a sign of hope

***

Arun stood leaning on the balcony, with Lakshay married and Varun in London, he and Naman had made good friends with Amisha. They met once a week , all of them had been worried about Varun. While Riya had crossed the phase of self harm, Varun was still there. They worried Riya's rejection might make him take a drastic step. 

''Varun didn't respond to my last message. I am worried.'' Naman voiced his thoughts. 

''What if Riya breaks his heart? what if she inflicts a pain he can't take.'' Amisha asked worried.

''One of us should be there.'' Arun added

''He wouldn't like it.'' Naman dismissed.

''He doesn't have to know.'' Amisha said and both guys looked at her. '' Yes, he doesn't have to know. One of you can be there and keep an eye on him. He will need all the support we can offer.'' 

''I will go.'' Naman declared and the decision was made

***

Riya held Vaani's daughter in her arms cooing the small baby. ''Thought of a name?'' Shaan asked. Riya smiled, ''Can you describe the feeling of her father?''

Shaan thought but words failed him. ''I guess, its hard to express in words.''

Riya smiled again. ''Yes, she is like a dream cum true. A wish granted, and we will call her Sapna!''

Shaan grinned wide. He loved the name, he called for Vaani and she clapped in delight. ''I loved it. Now, Dr. Shaan, handle your daughter . We have a lot to speak.'' Vaani handed Shaan his daughter, dragging Riya along. Riya went about meeting all Vaani introduced her to and  some were totally mesmerized. Riya looked breathtaking, for Riya, his was Vaani's way of making her feel included but Vaani was pushing Riya off limits to face he feelings which were buried in a deep corner of her heart. Those feelings had to come out for Riya to move forward, either with or without Varun.

The party lasted post midnight and Shaan offered to drop her home but Riya declined. She knew her way home and all these years have taught her to be safe. Moreover, she wanted the new parents to have some family time. 

Riya made the payment to her cab driver as he dropped her outside her apartment complex. Her eyes went to teenage couple who stood smiling at each other , oblivious to the world around them. She smiled, but didn't realize that today the sight of  love immersed couple  didn't repel her. In fact, they made her smile.

Waving at the security she made her way to her apartment.  Humming a song, she stepped in, her eyes freezing on the bouquet. She felt the softness of the petals, her mind making a decision. She will conclude everything.

***

''Sapna! Its a beautiful name.'' Vaani beamed. Shaan nodded a little distracted. "what's wrong?''

''Riya, she was different. Something about her   just changed with a snap of fingers.''

''Is it good or bad.''

Shaan shook his head. ''I wish I could put a finger on it but I am worried, she had been in darkness for very long. I don't want her sinking into that phase again.''

Vaani stayed quite and then asked with lot of hesitation. ''Can I ask you something?'' Shaan nodded

''Had her parents been supportive, would that betrayal by Varun still be this big? After all, he was a kid as well.''

Shaan knew what Vaani meant, he had thought over it too. what happened with Riya was common happening in big schools as young minds were reckless. But the wound wouldn't hurt this deep if her parents would have supported her. All Riya wanted was that one person whom she called her own. That one soul that would just be hers and the love she has always been deprived off.

''A betrayal is a betrayal. She trusted him, his single truth would have saved her years of pain. She would have gone through all had he stood by her. It isn't big or small. Its her heart that her broke.''

''Don't be angry, but none other than him can heal her.'' Vaani added

Shaan nodded. ''I have known that since the day I met her. But she has realize that.''

''Will she?''

''Time will.'' Shaan said hugging his wife. he made a small prayer to the universe to bless his dear friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

275 42 31
Two broken hearts; lost their abilities to live, to love and to trust. What will happen when they meet? Will they gain their ablities again? Or they...
20.3K 1.4K 37
A love story started while healing eachother.Naksh and Tanishi two broken souls started to rely on one another for everything.The love they craved fo...
354 6 9
Two souls from the 1970's gets reincarnated to learn from their mistakes and get a second chance at life. Enjoy :)
26.7K 1.7K 47
Moments; singular, siphoned, like grains of sand which fall restlessly, and build without limits...growing with increasing momentum, each step, beat...