One fell. One Found.

By in_sanctity

All is happy, life is serene but when you have demons of the worst kind that are just at bay, how can anythin... More

๐Ÿช” Welcome! ๐Ÿช”
Navya Singhania
Ayaan Singh Rajvanshi
๐ŸชทPrologue๐Ÿชท
1. Country Calls
2. Padharo Mhare Des
4. Lost in her
5. Robot with emotions
6. Death at first sight
7. Where were you all my life?
8. Dil hai bekarar
9. My Angel
10. Fall for me
11. The First Kiss
12. Heaven to my Hell
13. Welcome to Hell
13.5. Ranveer and Ekantika

3. Who are you in such a hurry for?

208 12 0
By in_sanctity

—-——————————————————

The sun peeked through the thick drapes in my bedroom. Even that little ray of the sun was enough to illuminate my entire bedroom, the Rana Sa's room. In the older days, when tube lights didn't exist,  the royals decorated their ceilings with mirrors so that even a single candle through reflection produces a booming luminescence.

I got up and freshened up. Life had taken no turns these past few years, it was stagnant, stable but truly boring. Being next in line to the throne puts a lot of responsibility on one's shoulders especially when you're not brought up to do so. My brother, Arjun Bhai was the one made for the title of the 'Maharaja of Rajasthan' but his life took an unexpected turn when he fell in love.

Love...love for me is a word that holds such mixed feelings. Every couple around me is the kind that you read about in novels, one whose relation starts with honesty, loyalty and a promise of togetherness through thick and thin and that promise is kept, irrespective of the circumstances and consequences. But unfortunately for me, the girl that I gave my heart to stomped on it, and discarded it away like a piece of trash. People say you should follow your heart when you're in a dilemma, but they fail to tell you if your heart is in a million pieces, which piece must you follow?

Too poetic and complicated? Welcome to my life!

I am tired beyond measure but if I stop then I would be forced to look into the parts of my life I had with so much effort buried. There are parts of me I never show anybody, the same part of me that everyone yearns to see, the part that they lost after I lost my heart. But I intend to keep it that way. If I keep my heart hidden, no one will expect me to give it to them.

I walked out of my room clad in a black suit dreading and awaiting the day that awaits at the same time.

The interiors of the palace

————————————————————————

As Rana Ayaan Singh Rajvanshi walked through the corridors of his home, the royal place, he exuded a deadly, over-powering aura that made all the servants flinch in fear. This was the effect he had on people. They worshipped him for his doings but feared him for who he was. They hesitantly wished him " Good Morning Rana Sa!", attempting to smile. He was nodded at their salutation and continued to make his way to the common dining room.

Being a royal, they were all forced to live as a joint family but they won't have it any other way either. Ayaan may behave coldly towards his family but when push comes to shove, he would gladly, without an ounce of reluctance, give his own life up or take one for them.

But if there were two people in the world who could see past his cold facade or rather he let them see past it were his mother, Ashwini and his sister, Roop, the two apples of his eye, the only two people who receive his genuine smile.

As I entered the dining room, I was greeted with the bickering of the cousins and siblings, their usual banter about food, their seating, who loves who more, basically anything under the sun which gives them the opportunity to yell. The parents discussing the politics of India and how it affects the kingdom and my grandparents alternating between asking the youngsters to hush to giving their advice to the older ones.

"Good Morning everyone!" I said to no one is particular.

I was given no attention. There were servants outside who felt my presence even before they saw me and practically shivered under my gaze and here my own family who was least bothered. Kya izzat reh gayi hai meri?

So I yelled again, " GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!"

This time I was acknowledged with questioning gazes at my absurd greeting.

"Why the fuck are you yelling it if it is a good morning?" asked my younger brother, Aryan who received death glares from all the members of the family.

" Language Aryan! Bhuliye mat that you belong to a respectable family. We have raised you right so act like it." Said Damini, my grandmother in a stern manner.

( Don't forget that you are the son of the royal family which holds a great magnitude of respect in the society.)

My grandmother is a very lenient person who never spoils the fun. So much so she never even stopped her us from drawing on the walls of the palace that to this date haven't been repainted but if there's one thing she takes very seriously is code of conduct.

Aryan instantly lowered his gaze out of respect apologetically and muttered a sorry.

The silence was broken by by my sister who asked me in in a very enthusiastic tone, " Kya baat ho gayi bhai, chilla ke kyun greet kiya appne hume?"

(What's wrong brother? Why did you yell while greeting us?)

" Yahan itna awaaz hai ki macchi market wale sun kar dar jaayein toh hume chilla kar hi app sabse baat karni padi." I said in an exasperated voice.
( There is so much noise in here that it will even frighten the vendors of the fish market so I had to raise voice to grab your attention)

All of them chuckled at my expense and continued their conversation while ignoring me again. WHAT. THE. FUCK

No one will say that we are the members of the royal family if thy see us like this, as our true selves. We are noisy, over-interfering, nosy people who love each other to death. We are poised in public but spoilt in private.

I helped myself to some delicious dishes from the spread and co tuned to frown at every member for ignoring me.

That's when Arjun Bhai's voice pulled me out of my gawking contest.

" Ayaan we have a meeting with Singhania and Co. today so be ready at noon" he informed

I frowned and replied," Wasn't it the day after tomorrow?"

" Yes, it was but they've asked us to prepone and they're being quite insistent. It must be a huge reason because they've called the office several times and me as well to reschedule it. Playing with the meeting timings of the king, I really wonder what's so important?" He said

That made me wonder as well. I am not one to boast but getting an appointment with me is very difficult. My calendar is already booked for the next two years which is why it is very unusual for someone to reschedule meetings.

Anyway, I agreed and bid everyone goodbye and left for our office along with Arjun Bhai.

We reached our office complex which is a colony of seven different towers that truly add a great amount of elegance and magnificence to the Udaipur skyline. Each building is a separate tower for different companies under the Rajvahshi Group of Industries. I walked towards the building that had my office.

————————————————————————

Rajvanshi Industries Office Complex

————————————————————————

I started doing my work. Reviewing plans, checking policies and handling some issues in the kingdom when I was interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Rana Sa, the clients from Singhania and Co. have arrived. Should I send them to your board room?" Asked my PA.

I replied with a curt nod and she shut the door silently in her way out just when it opened again. But this time it was my brother.

"Are you not ready yet?" He asked in a irritating tone.

"I am. Shall we?" I asked him.

We walked towards the board room where we were met with my lawyers, my PA, our clients and their lawyers.

" Good Morning Gentlemen. Please have a seat." I said pointing to the seats opposite me while taking my own.

" Good Morning Rana Sa. Hope you're doing well! " said Mr. Rudra Singhania with a smile.

We started discussing our deal and I was speaking when we were interrupted by 3 loud beeps by Mr. Reyansh Singhania's phone. He picked it up and a smile instantly spread on his face.
He got up and said, " Excuse me gentleman, I have an urgent call to make."

Arjun Bhai instantly turned towards me as this was truly an anomaly. No one has to this very date even touched their phones when I speak not only because I am the king to be but also because of the ruthless reputation I hold in the market.

My curiosity was peaked. I was extremely intrigued to know who was on the other side of the phone call. And my plea was answered because Mr. Singhania's phone was unknowingly on the speaker mode as he stood in the corner of the room.

"Hello mere bade bhai, behen ki yaad kuch zyada jaldi nahi aa gayi aapko?" An extremely sweet voice reached my ears and I turned my head towards Mr. Singhania along with everyone else's in the room. He muttered a sorry and turned back and continued his call.

Forget the anomaly earlier, something he even more unexpected happened when I heard that voice. My hands stoped halfway to the file, my eyes stopped blinking the blood within my veins didn't flow anymore and it felt as if my heart stopped beating. Everything within me just froze at that sound...her sound. I could hear her bangles in the background as if she was fiddling with something and all those sounds created some weird tightening feeling in my chest.

In the last 6 years, I've met countless girls, mostly flings because I truly couldn't possibly risk losing my heart again. I was sure aroused by them, but somehow never attracted enough to continue a conversation after the deed was done. The last time my heart skipped a beat was... was when I met her...my nemesis.
I wanted to ask who this mystery girl was when I was beat by my brother.

" Mr. Singhania, I must ask what made you call us so many times to prepone this meeting. It was just a matter of another two days. Itni jaldi kiskeliye?" Asked my brother. You could sense the curiosity underlying his words.

" The apple of ours eyes, humare ghar ki lakshmi, my daughter is coming back home after seven long years so my wife has asked us to take leave and help her prepare for her welcome her. In fact, Reyansh is talking her right now." He said this enthusiastically with a huge grin on his face. You could see that he loved his daughter a lot.

" What is her name?" Asked Arjun Bhai.

" Navya....Navya Singhania" Said Mr. Singhania.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 28.9K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
3.1M 203K 52
" Do not be mistaken little flower, you are mine and mine alone. Any man who looks at you longer than three seconds will be dealt in a manner I find...
2.7M 151K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.7M 105K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...