One fell. One Found.

By in_sanctity

All is happy, life is serene but when you have demons of the worst kind that are just at bay, how can anythin... More

🪔 Welcome! 🪔
Navya Singhania
Ayaan Singh Rajvanshi
🪷Prologue🪷
2. Padharo Mhare Des
3. Who are you in such a hurry for?
4. Lost in her
5. Robot with emotions
6. Death at first sight
7. Where were you all my life?
8. Dil hai bekarar
9. My Angel
10. Fall for me
11. The First Kiss
12. Heaven to my Hell
13. Welcome to Hell
13.5. Ranveer and Ekantika

1. Country Calls

298 14 0
By in_sanctity

Hey Guys! First Chapter is now up! Enjoy. Like, comment and share!

————————————————————————

The sunlight peeked through the curtains as the dawn faded into luminous day. Somewhere in the the large city of New York City, our princess had just awoken and had started her day off.

"हवा के साथ साथ
घटा के संग संग
ओ साथी चल
मुझे लेके साथ चल तू
यूँ ही दिन-रात चल तू
सम्भल मेरे साथ चल तू
ले हाथों में हाथ चल तू
ओ साथी चल"

( Along with the clouds ... be careful
Along with the wind
Along with the clouds
Let's go my companion
Take me with you as you move
Keep moving like this day and night
Be careful as you move
Take my hand in your hand as you move
Let's go my companion)

I sang or rather yelled as I continued my morning routine. Is it only me or does listening to energetic songs early in the morning really lighten your day up? As the lyrics blasted through the speaker, I freshened up as quickly as possible. Finally, it's the day I've been waiting for since the last 5 years, the last day of med school (at least preliminary), the day I get to go back home.

Oh! But I forgot to introduce myself, didn't I? I am Navya Singhania, an aspiring cardiologist, born and mostly brought up in India. I have been studying here in NYC since the last 7 years. I transferred after my grade 10 in India and completed high school here. Don't get me wrong, though I've been living here for so long, I am a desi girl through and through.

I love my family from the bottom of my heart so the last few years have been difficult here without them. Not financially, of course, my family is well to do but for the lack of love and affection. Being the youngest child and daughter of a joint family, I was used to all the attention and care but here I only have my masi (maid) that was pointed by my family.

I haven't visited India these past 7 years years because of a few events and trust me every time I think of my country, a DDLJ song starts playing in my head,

" माना तेरे हैं कुछ सपने, पर हम तो हैं तेरे अपने भूलने वाले हमको तेरी याद सताए रे घर आजा परदेसी तेरा देस बुलाए "

( I know that you have skies to reach but we're yearning for you here, don't forget us and come back to your motherland, it calls out to you)
Too dramatic ?

As I venture into my living room, I am met wit the scrumptious smell of aloo paranthas. Archana masi comes running out of the kitchen with fresh parathas in her hands and directly drops them into my plate.

" Masi, do you know how much I love you for your paranthas?" I said

" For my parathas?" She asked with a questioning gaze and I realised my folly.

" Of course not, I love you even for your Chole Bhature, Pav Bhaji, Dal Pakwan, Vada pav, Paneer Tikka, Butter Chi-" She interrupted my ramble.

" Arre bas bas! Itna pyaar mein kaise hazam karun?" She said sarcastically.

( Oh my my! I doubt I'll be able to digest so much love)

" Beta, you father had called yesterday when you were sleeping
. He has booked us tickets for the day after tomorrow. So pack your bags and keep them ready and any other piece of furniture or larger items will be brought by the transport company later." She said with a longing smile on her face. I could sense  how much she craves to go back to her village, to her people.

" Oh! But won't you miss NYC. You've become quite the American dandy in the past few years. From sarees to skirts, in fact I even saw buying 'eggplant' instead brinjal the other day." I said with a teasing smirk on my face.

" Jaisa desh, waisa bhesh betaji par mhare Rajasthan jaisi baat na hai kahi bhi ." She said with a beaming smile on her face and I couldn't agree more. I couldn't wait to go back home, my sweet home.

( The attire like the country, child but my Rajasthan is unmatched )

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Same Evevning

You must have heard of the word freedom right? Have you ever smelt it? I have. When I came out of my campus today, I smelt freedom. I am finally free of my textbooks, of my teachers, of the shitty canteen food and everything within this campus. But I will miss it though. And my friends too, the people who have been my pillars of strength these past few years. An incessant ring brought grabbed my attention and pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked down at the my phone to see,

Reyansh Bhai calling....

I instantly picked it up.

"Hello mere bade bhai, behen ki yaad kuch zyada jaldi nahi aa gayi aapko?" I said sarcastically, faking my anger. After all, it's been almost two weeks since I last talked to him. I could hear some commotion behind him. Did I disrupt a meeting?

( Hello there my older brother! What made you call me soon soon? Did you finally remember that you have a sister?)

" Nahi Navu, I've just been very busy with work but how can I not miss you. I've been dying to see these past few years. Video calls really don't do justice. Tu bas ghar aaja and I'll shower you with so much love-"
I interrupted him

(No, Navya)

" And you will buy a lot of gifts as compensation. Itni aasani se nahi patne wali." I said in a firm tone and he just chuckled at my expense.

" Sure, tu bas ghar aaja. Anyway, I called you to tell you that be ready day after tomorrow and don't be late to the airport. Don't I know all your shenanigans. Phir se 11 baje oothi toh ho gaya satyanash." He said. I could just feel him shaking his head as if remembering all the times I did pull suck tantrums (I did not).

( Sure, you just come home)
( If you wake up at 11 again, then you'll be sure to miss the flight)

" Ya ya, I don't need the entire speech about airport ethics. I have travelled you know and I am so excited, I am going to be ready at six in the morning. Chaliye, I'll hang up now. See you soon. Love you and miss you." I really did love him and miss him a lot. He has always been like this, a mentor ,a friend, a shoulder to cry on, my solace and my shield. Don't get me started on how protective he is about me. He once punched a boy when I was in 7th grade because he dared to ask me on a date.

" Love you too and see you soon bache. Safe journey." He said and hung up.

I walked to my car with a smile on my face. Uhh! Will the day after tomorrow just come already?! I can't wait.

Finally THE day:

"Masi, are you ready?" I asked in an over exciting voice because I just couldn't keep my feet on the ground when I was in cloud nine myself.

I kept pacing back and forth, keeping an eye out for when Masi finally graces me with her presence. She has been locked up in her room for the past two hours doing god knows what.

And I proved Reyansh Bhai wrong. I was up at 4 and ready at 6 with all my bags packed and everything in place. So much so, I even arranged our passports and other documents in the the order that we will need them. The only thing I forgot to arrange was my Masi. I swear to all that's holy, I will leave her behind if she doesn't come out in the next 10 minutes.

I heard the door opening and I looked up to see my beautiful Masi all decked up in a saree. She looked so pretty.

" Oh ho Masi, main toh fida ho gayi aapki adaoon pe. Hai bhagwan, warning toh di hoti ki aisi haseena se mulakat hogi, main bhi thoda saj leti " I said in my over dramatic voice with a huge smile on my face.

( Oh wow Masi, I am head over heels for you. Oh lord, you should've at least warned me that I am going to be meeting such a beauty today, even I would've put effort in decking up)

"Oo Nautanki, ho gaya toh chale." She said will laughing. I fake gasped and muttered

( Oh the queen of dramatics, if you're done with your theatrics, can we leave?)

" Main toh kabse ready hoon. Aap ka hi intezaar tha." The audacity...tsk..tsk..tsk

( I've been ready for long. It's you who I've been waiting for)

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

The flight took off and I could see the city through the window. How insignificant must we be if such tall building seem like Lego blocks. This city has been my home. I may have missed my country but this city also had its own charm. So many happy memories revolve around this place and it's feels like I am going away from home to go home. I quickly wiped the tear that slid down my face and waved goodbye to NYC.

"Until we meet again..." I muttered under my breath.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 97.9K 88
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
3.2M 261K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
275K 32.8K 24
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
451K 16.1K 92
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...