From fantasy to reality a Pol...

By vicopinto92

Colin Bridgerton is part of one of the most important families of London aristocracy, that night at the Feath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 42

711 12 1
By vicopinto92

The dance had ended, Lord and Lady Featherington were chatting cheerfully with Eloise when a murmur of voices rose higher than usual, the three of them looked curious as to what it was due to. It was when they saw Sir Phillip enter, walking among the attendees, Penelope did not remember. That he was so handsome, she looked excitedly at her friend, who looked like she had seen a ghost.

-Your plan worked. -said quietly.

El just nodded.

Sir Phillip walked towards them, sometimes he was intercepted by a mother with her daughter, he smiled kindly, but he kept looking at Eloise. When they were just a few steps away, Crane turned aside, Penelope's smile faded from her face and worsened when the gentleman asked Miss Cressida Cowper to dance.

"Oh it's Mr. Crane," Colin said, stating the obvious.

Penelope nodded, smiling at her husband.

-When he finishes dancing with the snake, remind me to say hello to him, I haven't spoken to him in a long time, he is a good man. -Colin look at Eloise, who couldn't take her eyes off the dancing couple- you know, he will be a good gentleman for you, sister.

Eloise woke up from the tram.

-for me? What are you talking about? He is a widower, and has children.

She had declared in a louder voice than usual, which made several attendees able to hear her. Seeing what she had done, she pursed her lips and ran away.

-what was that? -Colin asked.

-I'm not sure, but we should leave her alone -said Penelope looking at her friend running away.

Lord Featherington took his wife by the waist, and got closer to her 👂

-Do you know what we should do?

Penelope smiled

-what?

-fulfill your fantasy 😏

Lady Featherington smiled even harder, and hit him in a playful way.

-Colin! -Penelope blushed, she couldn't stop smiling -Do you know of a place?

The third Bridgerton smiled in reply.

-come with me.

Lord Featherington took her hand to kiss it; With that wolfish smile, he pulled her hand to follow him, but they bumped into a Miss Smith.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Colin apologized.

-Don't worry Lord Featherington.

Penelope remembered her.

-Miss Smith, I never thanked you for your help with the Duke's situation.

-don't mention it Lady Featherington, you would have done the same for me.

The young woman gave them a slight bow and left.

Colin retook Penelope's hand with a big smile on his face.

Penelope couldn't stop smiling as she passed through the dance attendees. The couple was in front of a garden, it looked dark thanks to the night, and they both looked at each other with mischievous looks. They were going to take the first step when.

-My mother refuses to leave, can you take me with you?

Colin looked at his sister uncomfortably.

"We," Colin began to speak.

-We will take you- Penelope interrupt

The third Bridgerton rolled his eyes, he had been hurt by her mischief.

-Are you sure you want to leave?

Penelope asked when they reached where the others were so that only her sister-in-law could hear her voice.

"I don't want to see that show," Eloise responded, full of jealousy.

They passed through the hall again, Sir Crane was dancing with another debutante.

-Miss Bridgerton, would you do me the honor of dancing this piece.

The last thing Eloise wanted was to dance, but the gentleman was quite gallant, he would be perfect for getting out of Phillip's lousy temper or at least that's what she thought.

-Yes, I will dance with you.

Colin and Penelope looked at her like she was crazy, she had taken them out of their adventure because wanted to leave, and now she was going to dance with a gentleman.

-Do you know what's happening to Eloise? -Colin asked.

"I don't know," Penelope lied.

-Shall we go back to the garden? -he whispered in his ear.

-No.

-No?

Penelope jumped a little at Colin's question, she couldn't tell him that she wanted to see if Phillip would react to Eloise attempt to make Crane jealous.

-I just remembered that Kate didn't come to cover the dance.

-but Eloise is here watching everything.

Penelope laughed.

-what is so funny? dear wife.

-You don't know your sister, right now she is counting her steps. You do not see? Look at her.

He did so.

-One, two, three, and four. One, two, three, and four.

Colin chuckled. He looked clearly like his sister was counting the steps.

Penelope took advantage of her husband's busy teasing Eloise, who turned her attention to Phillip. He danced very gracefully, but when he looked in Eloise's direction, he pursued his lips and looked at the floor.

There's still hope, Penelope thought to herself.

The dance ended, and Sir Phillip began to walk towards the couple.

"Mr. and Mrs. Bridgerton, it's good to see you at last," he greeted politely.

-Sir Crane, it's good to see you in London, what brings you here? -Colin responded.

Eloise started walking towards them.

"Oh," he spoke more quietly, "I'm looking for a wife, my children," he cleared his throat, "need a mother."

"How interesting," said Colin, he grabbed the arm of Eloise who was turning back in her steps to walk away upon hearing the statement. "I don't know if you've already met my sister, she's Eloise Bridgerton."

Phillip's look saddened.

-I haven't had the pleasure yet, Miss Bridgerton.

Eloise bowed.

-Sir Crane.

They both stayed silent, the tension so obvious that Colin noticed it too.

"I would love to visit my cousins," Penelope cut the silence. "You can come to our house for lunch tomorrow."

-Of course, I already know your address.

"We have sold that house, we are still looking, but if you like you can come to house number 5 with the twins, my mother loves children," Colin encouraged.

Phillip looked at Eloise, who refused to meet his eyes.

-We do not want to cause any inconvenience to your family.

Colin patted him on the shoulder.

-You are also part of our family -Eloise began to cough up the lemonade she was drinking, Colin looked at her, his brow tightened- after all your children are my wife's cousins. You will always be welcome, what do you say?

-We'll be there, now excuse me, I'm going for one of those lemonades.

"Why did you invite him to our house?" Eloise complained.

"I forgot that I had already sold ours, if you don't want to deal with him you can stay in your room all day," Colin scolded her.

"Dear ones, it's time for us to go home," Violet approached with Lady Danbury.

Echoes of Society

Dear reader

This year we were not fortunate enough to hear the Misses Smith play the musical instruments so kindly, which did not prevent it from being a memorable night.

The debut of Lord and Lady Featherington was in style, they indeed wanted to silence this writer, showing that their marriage, like the others in the Bridgerton family, was made for love, not only did they dance four dances, but they were also seen together all the time.

Miss Bridgerton has yet to be named as a precious jewel by Her Majesty the Queen, and this season she has had such a noticeable change in attitude that it is impossible not to consider her for such an honorable position.

Another lady who also shined tonight was Miss Smith who wore a beautiful purple dress with flower-shaped rhinestones; more than one gentleman couldn't stop seeing her.

Lord Fife looked very cheerful dancing all night, but without taking his eyes off the always elegant Miss Cowper, it is known that he has been courting her since the previous season, it seems that Lord Fife already wants to settle down. Let's hope so.

But the recently arrived Sir Crane stole the night and the sighs of many young girls. Since he is not only handsome, he has one of the most manly faces we have seen in recent years. Let's hope he can find what he came for.

Who was conspicuous by his absence was the gentleman Benedict Bridgerton, who apparently is still at the family property in Audrey Hall, let's hope he is working on his next painting, since everyone in London is in love with the first one that is being shown in the Museum of the City. I hope it ends soon so he can come again at these beautiful events.

Always yours

Lady Whistledown

-"I didn't really like that dashing and manly thing," Colin claimed.

-You, sir, are a MARRIED man with no reason to raise sighs from anyone other than mine.

Penelope 👉 him

-Oh yeah?

-Yeah -she nodded playful -Now go so it can be printed, and start selling early.

Colin kissed her.

-Yes my lady.

He winked at her and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 3.5K 24
MIR: #1 PenelopeFeatherington #1 JuliaQuinn #1 Periodic #1 Ficlet Penelope Featherington was never the beautiful one, n...
20.5K 469 28
Penelope Featherington was no longer the same after hearing Colin Bridgerton making fun of her at her mother's ball. She loved that man her entire li...
645K 15.6K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
170K 4.1K 19
𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓲�...