Plasmasonic: Deadtides

By DraySpace

The proof of any good friendship is the acknowledgment of laurels. To̅mi Andrei visits an old friend who's be... More

Plasmasonic#1: Disembarkation
Plasmasonic#2: Upstaged
Plasmasonic#3: Underpinnings
Plasmasonic#4: Retrieval
Plasmasonic#6: Averruncate
Plasmasonic Deadtides Gallery

Plasmasonic#5: Venturesome voyage

217 19 2
By DraySpace

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: EL GOUNA, EGYPT
EXT. SECRET MILITARY BASE - NIGHT

TO̅MI WAKES UP ON THE GROUND.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
I... failed. Lalh's gone, who knows what he's planning to do with the sapphire.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI NOTICES THAT AGENTS ARE APPROACHING HER.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
To make matters worse, I'm in enemy territory—!

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
And I have no idea how I'm going to get out of here.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI ATTEMPTS TO STAND QUICKLY HOWEVER HER STAB WOUND IS AGITATED.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Argh!

UNKNOWN COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
I wouldn't advise you to try and move around in your condition.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI GLANCES AT THE UNKNOWN COMMANDER WHO HAS A PISTOL TRAINED ON HER.

UNKNOWN COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Especially because I'm going to make it incredibly hard for you to leave.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI GLARES AT THE COMMANDER WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

SIDE PANEL OF TO̅MI FACING THE UNKNOWN COMMANDER. TO̅MI IS ON HER FEET STANDING CONFIDENTY. THE COMMANDER LOOKS NEARLY AS CONFIDENT AS SHE DOES.

UNKNOWN COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
How did you find this place?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I tracked you. How else?

UNKNOWN COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
You must be quite the formidable tracker. Not even the local authorities have found this place.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
They will when I relay the information to them.

UNKNOWN COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
That won't happen, I assure you. As of now, you're officially a prisoner of the O.S.O.

Panel 2.

FRONT FACING PANEL OF TO̅MI WITH A CONFUSED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
The what now?

Panel 3.

FRONT FACING PANEL OF THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Occultural Surveillance Organization.

Panel 4.

OVER THE SHOULDER SHOT FROM THE O.S.O. COMMANDER'S PERSPECTIVE LOOKING AT TO̅MI. TO̅MI HAS AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Your machismo scare tactics don't impress me. All of this might have been avoided if you had just been clear about your goals from the outset.

Panel 5.

OVER THE SHOULDER SHOT FROM TO̅MI'S PERSPECTIVE LOOKING AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER. THE O.S.O. COMMANDER HAS A RESENTFUL EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
There is no need for me to explain myself. I only report to my superiors.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Well now, you'll have to explain yourself to the folks whose safety you jeopardized with your cryptic crapola.

Panel 6.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER GESTURES HIS PISTOL AT TO̅MI.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
This isn't for show, young lady. I could be foul but I'm trying to give you a chance.

PAGE 3 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI GLARES AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Stop threatening me before I lose my temper.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
As much as I would like to hand these guys their asses, I can't fight them all right now. I need to get out of here.

Panel 2.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER GLANCES AT TO̅MI WITH A HAUGHTY EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Well, you have to consider the situation you've put us in.

Panel 3.

THE O.S.O. COMANDER'S COMMUNICATION DEVICE CHIMES AND HE GLANCES DOWN AT IT. HE KEEPS HIS PISTOL AIMED AT TO̅MI HOWEVER.

Panel 4.

SMALL CLOSE-UP PANEL OF THE COMMUNICATOR SHOWS THAT THE LANGUAGE TO̅MI USED WAS ELVEN.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (THINKING BALLOON)
So, that's your secret, huh?

Panel 5.

CLOSE-UP OF TO̅MI GLARING AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH RED PUPILS.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL THINKING BALLOON)
Or, perhaps it's only a glimpse into your secret. Those red eyes—! It's all coming together now.

Panel 6.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER SMIRKS SMUGLY AT TO̅MI.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
How long will you try and keep up the tough girl routine? I've never seen anyone put Lyme out of commission. You put up more of a fight but you're hurt.  

PAGE 4 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI HOLDS HER STOMACH WITH AN INJURED AND PAINED EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
It would seem that even your healing abilities as a velf aren't holding up as they should. Perhaps his weapon of choice is highly effective. Or perhaps you haven't sanguivorized in a while. It seems like it would fit in your personality type not to.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI GLANCES AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON) How did you—!?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)

I ran your battle data through reference databases of my own. It scrutinized your language, your red eyes gave me the other half of the info I was looking for.

Panel 3.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A EXPLAINITVE EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
You know that we both want the same thing. Just give up and we can find a solution together.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
I have a better idea.

Panel 5.

TRANSITIONAL PANEL SHOWS TO̅MI USING HER SUPERSPEED TO QUICKLY SLIDE BEHIND THE COMMANDER.

PAGE 5 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI DISARMS THE COMMANDER BY KNOCKING HIS GUN OUT OF HIS HAND AND PUTTING HIM INTO A CHOKEHOLD WITH HER RIGHT ARM.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI THEN FLIES INTO THE AIR WITH THE COMMANDER FACING TOWARD HIS MEN SO THAT NO ONE CAN SHOOT WITHOUT HITTING HIM.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 1: (BALLOON)
Can anyone get a clear shot?

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 2: (BALLOON)
The Commander's in the line of fire. I can't get a good shot!

Panel 3.

TO̅MI SWIFTLY FLIES AWAY FROM THE O.S.O. BASE HEADING BACK TOWARD THE POLICE STATION WHILE HOLDING THE O.S.O. COMMANDER.

Panel 4.
CUT TO: LATER; EL GOUNA, EGYPT
INT. POLICE STATION - NIGHT

DETECTIVES HASSAN AND HADID OBSERVE THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WHILE OUTSIDE OF THE INTERROGATION ROOM.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Why the hell is he so calm? We have him dead to rights and he's not even trying to put on a show.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
I looked for the organization he claims to be a part of.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Did anything come up?

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)

Of course not, however, if they're as secretive as he claims, why would anything show up? Think of how many covert operative organizations there are in the world that we find out about every day. His motives would match up pretty well if that were the case too.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
I suppose you're right. It doesn't mean that they're not crazy though.

Panel 5.

DETECTIVE HADID GLANCES AT DETECTIVE HASSAN WITH A SPITEFUL EXPRESSION. DETECTIVE HASSAN KEEPS A MORE UNENTHUSED EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
He doesn't have his fancy suit this time, so why don't we go in and ask for his cooperation?

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
I agree but let's not fly off the handle. We need answers.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Oh, I plan on getting them!

PAGE 6 (SEVEN PANELS)

Panel 1.

DETECTIVES HASSAN AND HADID WALK INTO THE INTERROGATION ROOM.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
Hello, there.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
You're wasting your time. I deal with matters far above your paygrade, I will be out of here soon and you'll regret your insolence.

Panel 2.

OVER-THE-SHOULDER PANEL FROM THE O.S.O. COMMANDER'S PERSPECTIVE. THE DETECTIVE HAVE SAT DOWN AT THE TABLE. DETECTIVE HASSAN LEANS AGAINST THE TABLE WITH A HOSTILE EXPRESSION WHILE DETECTIVE HASSAN HAS AN UNIMPRESSED EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Tell it to someone who cares. We're looking for answers and you will give them to us. As it goes you're in unbelievably hot water.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
How do you figure?

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
Threatening police officers, obfuscation, and taking police weapons. That's just the start of the rap sheet.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
A necessary evil. Your lack of cooperation is to blame for most of this grief. You won't get the charges to stick.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
That's yet to be determined. You were adamant about obtaining the Xesyn Sapphire. According to a reliable citation, you were planning on manipulating the energies of the sapphire for your own machinations. Is this correct?

Panel 3.

VERTICAL PANEL OF THE O.S.O. COMMANDER LEANING BACK IN HIS CHAIR WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
When you say reliable citation, do you mean the girl? You're going to have to do better than that.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Right about now, we have far more of a reason to trust her over you.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Really? Even though she's not told you all of her secrets.

Panel 4.

DETECTIVE HADID LEANS AGAINST THE TABLE WITH A SUSPICIOUS EXPRESSION. DETECTIVE HASSAN LEANS BACK IN HIS CHAIN WITH A MEH EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
What secrets?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
She's velfen. Half elf, half vampire. I wasn't sure of it before but I became certain when I analyzed the language she was speaking to cast her attacks.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
That doesn't change this situation. Whatever she might be, she's on our side. That's good enough for me. She also told us about your little club. What's O.S.O.?

Panel 5.

THE HORIZONTAL PANEL SHOWS THE O.S.O. COMMANDER LEANING BACK IN HIS CHAIR AND THE DETECTIVES DOING THE SAME.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
O.S.O. is the leading defense against paranormal activity on the face of the earth. The O.S.O. strives to observe, categorize, destroy, and utilize whatever paraphernalia we can readily control against the forces that would see mankind destroyed. It's a little bit more important than a club.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Was Sarkis a plant to get the sapphire away from the Stewart kid?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Who?

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
I suppose not.

Panel 6.

3/4TH VERTICAL PANEL OF DETECTIVE HADID LOOKING AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH A SMUG EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
It appears that the sapphire wasn't as safe with you as you believed it would be. Now that Lalh has it, what is he going to do with it?

Panel 7.

3/4TH VERTICAL PANEL OF THE O.S.O. COMMANDER LOOKING AT DETECTIVE HADID WITH A RESENTFUL EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
An excellent question. A question I would have better answers for if I had access to my equipment. However, at the moment, I am stuck here being asked useless questions.  

PAGE 7 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

DETECTIVE HASSAN AND THE O.S.O. COMMANDER LOOK AT EACH OTHER WITH RESENTFUL EXPRESSIONS.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
You may feel that way but this is an ongoing investigation and we need to know the facts.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
No, this is your attempt to understand the situation. Do you feel left out, is that it?

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
Perhaps this is the wrong concentration of our efforts. Despite this revelation, we need to ensure you can officially cooperate with the ENP. If we're going to get through this we need to be able to work together.

Panel 2.

DETECTIVE HASSAN AND THE O.S.O. COMMANDER RELUCTANTLY SHAKE HANDS WITH EACH OTHER.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
I agree. However, don't ask me to apologize for my actions. The steps we take go to ensure the safety of the world and I won't have my methods challenged.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
Do we have an agreement?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Yes, we do.

Panel 3.
CUT TO: THE NEXT DAY; EL GOUNA, EGYPT
INT. JAADEN'S FLAT – LATE MORNING

OVERHEAD PERSPECTIVE SHOWS TO̅MI WAKING UP ON JAADEN'S COUCH.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI GLANCES OVER TO JAADEN WHO IS ASLEEP IN HER RECLINER.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI GLANCES AT HER STOMACH AND SEES THAT HER WOUND HAS HEALED HOWEVER SHE'S STILL SORE.

Panel 6.

JAADEN WAKES UP AS SHE HEARS TO̅MI MOVING.  

PAGE 8 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

JAADEN RUSHES TO TO̅MI'S SIDE SITTING ON A STOOL BESIDE THE COUCH. TO̅MI LOOKS AROUND WITH A CONFUSED EXPRESSION.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
To̅mi! Thank goodness you're awake!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What happened?

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
You passed out when you got back. I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to take you to the hospital so I used the first aid I had available.

Panel 2.

OVER-THE-SHOULDER PERSPECTIVE SHOWS TO̅MI SITTING UP ON THE COUCH. JAADEN HAS AN ASHAMED EXPRESSION AS SHE LOOKS AWAY FROM TO̅MI.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Thank you for looking out for me, Jaaden.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
You've been saving my butt this whole time. I had to do something to help you. I'm... I'm just glad you're okay.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI HUGS JAADEN WITH A CONTENT EXPRESSION. JAADEN HAS A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No, we've been looking out for each other. I'm glad you're okay as well.

Panel 4.

JAADEN NOW BROKEN AWAY FROM TO̅MI LOOKS DOWN WITH A GRIEVING EXPRESSION.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Things weren't supposed to go this way but I'm glad that you're here with me, To̅mi. I was... I was really scared. I thought you were going to die, To̅mi, and there wasn't anything I could do to help you. Well, aside from one thing—!

Panel 5.

TO̅MI LOOKS AWAY FROM JAADEN WITH AN UNCOMFORTABLE EXPRESSION AND JAADEN LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A WORRIED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No. Not yet. I'm strong enough. I won't resort to that.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
I can't help you in a fight, To̅mi, and I know it'll make you stronger. Lalh almost killed you! We can't let him get away with this!

Panel 6.

TO̅MI GLANCES AT JAADEN WITH A SURPRISED EXPRESSION. JAADEN TRIES TO APPEAR AS CONFIDENT AS SHE CAN.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You want to go after him?

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
I'm no soldier but if Alden was able to beat him, I know he can be beaten again. He also didn't have a friend like you offering him support. I know we can do it if we stick together.

PAGE 9 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT JAADEN WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION. JAADEN SHRUGS HER SHOULDERS WITH A HESITANT EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
It's going to be dangerous, Jaaden.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
When hasn't it been dangerous up until now? I know I'm not much of an adventurer, so I'll follow your lead with all this other stuff, but I know we can't let Lalh have his way and I'm not letting you go by yourself.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI PINCHES HER CHIN WITH A PONDERING GESTURE. TO̅MI HAS A STUMPED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
...You're right.

JAADEN: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
I'm glad that I was able to convince you.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI POINTS AT JAADEN WITH AN UNCOMFORTABLE EXPRESSION. JAADEN RAISES HER HANDS IN A GESTURE OF BOTH CLUELESS AND DEFENSIVENESS WITH A YIKES EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I don't think you'd have such a cavalier attitude about this if you really knew what you were asking.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I don't know. Then again, I don't suppose I've ever asked you what it's like either. Would you mind telling me? At least then I'd know.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LOOKS AWAY FROM JAADEN WITH AN ASHAMED AND UNCOMFORTABLE EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
...The sanguinary practice is a very intimate and primal action to the point where it can be hard to gauge where one begins and the other ends. For willing participants, there's a level of trust that is expected for their safety. One that I'm always fearful that I'll break. It turns people into exhausted husks of people they usually are.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI DEVELOPS A DEFEATED EXPRESSION AND JAADEN CONSOLES TO̅MI PATTING HER ON THE THIGH.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Jaaden, I've—!

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
You don't have to force yourself to say it. We're friends and that means we have to support one another. Besides, I don't know anybody on speed dial who could deal with this creep.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You're right again.

PAGE 10 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI GLANCES AT JAADEN WITH A SERIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
If I go through with this, I need you to promise me that you will leave all the dangerous stuff to me. I will only resort to the final option if there are no other options left.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Okay, you have my word.

Panel 2.

THERE'S A KNOCK AT JAADEN'S DOOR. BOTH TO̅MI'S AND JAADEN ATTENTION TURN TO THE DOOR.

Panel 3.

JAADEN ANSWERS THE DOOR SEEING DETECTIVES HASSAN AND HADID.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
Hello, Ms. Stewart. Can I ask you and To̅mi to accompany us?

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Um, yeah, sure. I was wondering when we would be hearing from you guys.

Panel 4.
CUT TO: EL GOUNA, EGYPT
INT. O.S.O HEAD QUARTERS - NOON

DETECTIVES HASSAN AND HADID, JAADEN, AND TO̅MI ATTEND A MEETING WITH THE O.S.O COMMANDER IN A MEETING ROOM.

JAADEN: (WHISPERING BALLOON)
Are we sure we can trust these guys?

TO̅MI: (WHISPERING BALLOON)
They're the only ones with an army so I suppose we don't have much of a choice.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Due to recent events we here at the O.S.O. have decided that it would be better to extend our cooperation to the ENP and their affiliates to achieve a common goal. Right now, our heaviest hitter, Agent Lyme is in recovery.

Panel 5.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER GESTURES A PRESENTATIVE HAND TOWARD TO̅MI.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
While we don't believe it will be extensive we require a role to be filled. To̅mi, we believe that your abilities would be beneficial to the cause.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I guess I'm up then.

Panel 6.

OVER THE SHOULDER PANEL OF DETECTIVE HASSAN LOOKING AT AN INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD WHILE THE O.S.O. COMMANDER USES A POINTING STICK TO POINT AT DIFFERENT INFORMATION.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
Do we have any information on where Lalh is currently?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
We have instruments that allow us to track the energies emitted by the sapphire. The last time we tracked the energy signature they were sailing south in the Red Sea at about 20 knots.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
That's not very fast at all.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
No, it's not. However, they have time on us and we're still unclear of Lalh's motives.

PAGE 11 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI GIVES A RECOUNTING EXPRESSION WHILE SHE REMEMBERS INFORMATION FROM THE DAY PRIOR.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I may have a motivation for him.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Please, go ahead.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
He said that the glory of Xesyn would cripple the world under her heel.

Panel 2.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER BRINGS UP AN IMAGE OF XESYN ON THE INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD. THE O.S.O. COMMANDER HAS A TROUBLED EXPRESSION.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
It's safe to say if all of this is happening then she must exist as well. We've run Xesyn through our databases and we haven't been able to find anything about her.

Panel 3.

DETECTIVE HADID CROSSES HIS ARMS WITH A SMUG EXPRESSION. THE O.S.O. COMMANDER GLARES AT DETECTIVE HADID WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Do you mean to tell me the great O.S.O. hasn't heard about Xesyn?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Have you?

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
No, but I didn't make it my life's work to be concerned with it.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
...How about we move on before I lose my temper?

Panel 4.

DETECTIVE HADID GLARES AT THE O.S.O. COMMANDER WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Fine, then how about this for a plan? We take everything we have at our disposal and we take the fight to them. That seems like the best course of action.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
Given the time crunch, it seems like our only course of action. As of now, I'm giving everyone a 20-minute preparation period. You're all dismissed and we'll meet together at the boat.

Panel 5.
CUT TO: A SHORT WHILE LATER; THE RED SEA
EXT. THE RED SEA - NOON

3/4TH BIRD'S EYE, ESTABLISHING SHOT OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP ON THE RED SEA.

PAGE 12 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI AND JAADEN LOOK OUT OVER THE SIDE OF THE STARBOARD BOW.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
It sucks that it wouldn't be responsible for you to sell the sapphire to the museum.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Yeah, I guess I could always sell it to the O.S.O.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Oh, I didn't even think about that.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
We are going through all this trouble to get it back. I'm sure they can afford it, what with them being a secret organization and all.

LYME: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Well, if you're saving the world, you might as well find a way to get paid. I think I might like you guys a little bit more than I thought I would.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI AND JAADEN PIVOT TO SEE LYME APPROACHING THEM.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Don't try and make me sound selfish. I was going to get paid for it anyway.

LYME: (BALLOON)
We're in the same boat on that one. The Commander caught me up to speed with the situation. Looks like we're working together now.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Yeah, I'm sure we'd make a good enough team if we worked together.

Panel 3.

LYME LOOKS AWAY WITH A DISAPPOINTED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT LYME WITH A CONFIDENT EXPRESSION.

LYME: (BALLOON)
I don't know. That creep was on a whole other level. I doubt that I'll combined efforts will even be enough to stop him.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What? No way! He caught me when I was tired. I want my rematch!

Panel 4.

SUDDENLY STORM CLOUDS BEGIN TO FORM OVERHEAD.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
What's happening? How'd it get that dark so quickly?

Panel 5.

THE TRIO LOOK AT A SIREN AS THE IT BEGINS TO WAIL.

LYME: (BALLOON)
Hey, we've got trouble. Let's get to the bridge.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Right.

Panel 6.

LYME, JAADEN, AND TO̅MI RUSH TO THE BRIDGE WHERE THE O.S.O. COMMANDER IS OVERSEEING THE OPERATIONS OF THE SHIP.

LYME: (BALLOON)
What's going on?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
The sensors indicated a massive spike in energy that we were approaching. It's what's causing this storm out of the blue.

LYME: (BALLOON)
Do you think that Lalh knows we're coming after him?

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
I can't be certain but I wouldn't put it past him either.

PAGE 13 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

AS IT BEGINS TO STORM, TWO SHIPS APPROACH THE O.S.O. WARSHIP ON BOTH SIDES.

Panel 2.

THERE ARE ANCHORS DEPLOYED ONTO THE O.S.O. WARSHIP AND UNDEAD PIRATES ALONGSIDE BRINE BEASTS BEGIN TO BOARD THE BATTLE BOAT.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (TRANSMISSION BALLOON)
To your battle stations! We've got company!

Panel 3.

LYME PRESSES A BUTTON ON HER SUIT THAT ENGULFS HER BODY IN A SPANDEX THAT IS AS FLEXIBLE AS HER BODY.

LYME: (BALLOON)
Time to go kick some undead ass!

Panel 4.

LYME LEAVES THE BRIDGE AND BEGINS TO ENGAGE THE ENEMIES BOARDING THE SHIP.

Panel 5.

THE O.S.O. COMMANDER GLANCES AT TO̅MI HANDING HER THE SAME TYPE OF SUIT THAT LYME HAD.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
I hope you're feeling rowdy. We've got a suit to spare.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Heck yeah!

Panel 6.

TO̅MI PUTS ON THE SUIT AND STANDS WITH A CONFIDENT POSE.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Nice!

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
O.S.O. Standard. They're extremely flexible, equipped with flotation devices and an hour air supply.  

PAGE 14 (SEVEN PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI GRINS AT JAADEN WITH AN AWKWARD EXPRESSION. JAADEN LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A HUFFY EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I'll try and be more careful this time.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
You better!

Panel 2.

TO̅MI LEAVES THE BRIDGE AND UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATE NO. 1 JUMPS DOWN IN FRONT OF HER.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI DODGES UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATE NO. 1 AS IT ATTEMPTS TO STAB HER WITH HIS SWORD. THE SWORD SHATTERS AS IT MAKES CONTACT WITH THE DOOR.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI KICKS UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATE NO. 1 OFF OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI FLIES TO THE DECK OF THE SHIP. THE O.S.O. AGENTS, LYME, AND THE DETECTIVES ARE IN CONFLICT WITH THE BRINE BEASTS.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (TRANSMISSION BALLOON)
Listen, the ship's cannons are charging and they can destroy these ships in one shot. You guys have to buy us some time.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
Probably wouldn't be the best idea to still have those anchors attached to the ship. I should get rid of them.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI FLIES TO THE ANCHOR ON THE PORTBOW AND AIMS HER HAND AT IT.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Isailr!

Panel 7.

TO̅MI SHOOTS ICE ONTO THE FIRST ANCHOR FREEZING IT ALONG WITH THE CHAIN THE CHAIN.  

PAGE 15 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 FLIES OVERHEAD IN A BATTLESUIT.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Nice thinking, kid!

Panel 2.

O.S.O. AGENT#1 SHOOTS A ROCKET FROM HIS SUIT AT THE ANCHOR DESTROYING IT.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Alright, let's go get the other one!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Right behind you!

Panel 3.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 IS SUDDENLY DESCENDED UPON BY UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATES THAT TRY TO WEIGH HIM DOWN INTO THE SEA.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI AIMS HER HAND AT THE SPACE BETWEEN THE BOATS.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Naddailr!

Panel 5.

TO̅MI GENERATES AN ENERGY NET IN BETWEEN THE TWO BOATS THAT CATCHES O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI FLIES TO WHERE O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 IS AND GRABS HIS HAND WHILE HE'S ON THE NET FREEING HIM FROM THE UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATES.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Thanks.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Don't mention it.  

PAGE 16 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 SHOOTS THE UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATES ON THE ENERGY NET WITH A ROCKET.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Too bad we don't have a plank!

Panel 2.

TO̅MI AND O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 APPROACH THE ARCHOR ON THE STARBOARD BOW.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Let's get that other one!

Panel 3.

TO̅MI FREEZES THE ANCHOR WITH AN ICE BLAST WHILE O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 ATTEMPTS TO AIM AT THE ANCHOR WITH HIS ROCKET LAUNCHER.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Ready when you are.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI LOOKS UP AT O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 WHO IS STRUGGLING TO AIM WITH HIS ROCKET LAUNCHER.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What's going on?

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Damn, they must have damaged my targeting functions. I'll plant a mine.

Panel 5.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 LANDS AND PLANTS A MINE ON THE ANCHOR.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Alright, you're gonna want to get back. This ain't no firecracker.

Panel 6.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 IS SUDDENLY STABBED THROUGH THE CHEST BY A BONE-LIKE, HOOK SWORD.

O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3: (BALLOON)
Urgk!!!  

PAGE 17 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI GLARES AT O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 WITH A UPSET EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No!

Panel 2.

A CREATURE KNOWN AS A SCIMITAR SELACHII THROWS O.S.O. AGENT NO. 3 OFF THE SIDE OF THE WARSHIP AS CLIMBS ON.

Panel 3.

SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 ROARS AT TO̅MI AS IT DARTS TOWARD HER.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI DODGES SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1'S BONE-LIKE HOOK SWORD AS IT SWIPES.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI QUICKLY SLIDES BEHIND SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 AND KICKS OUT ITS RIGHT LEG.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI THEN AIMS HER HAND AT SCIMITAR SELACHI NO. 1'S HEAD.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Lairhdlailr!

PAGE 18 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI SHOOTS LIGHTING AT SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 STRIKING IT IN THE HEAD.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI KICKS SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 IN THE CHEST AND IT STUMBLES BACK ACROSS THE DECK.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI IS STRUCK BY SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1'S SHIELD AS IT FLAILS WHEN SHE TRIES TO ATTACK AGAIN.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI STAGGERS INTO THE GUARD RAIL OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI QUICKLY DODGES AS SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 ATTEMPTS TO SLASH HER WITH ITS WEAPON. SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 INSTEAD SLICES THROUGH THE GUARD RAIL.

Panel 6.

SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 SWINGS AT TO̅MI A FEW MORE TIMES BUT SHE DODGES THE ATTACKS.

PAGE 19 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 KNOCKS TO̅MI BACK INTO THE ANCHOR BY HITTING HER WITH ITS SHIELD.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI GENERATES AN ENERGY SHIELD AS SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK HER AGAIN.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Rafarrailr!

Panel 3.

THE SHIELD KNOCKS SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 OFF BALANCE.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI GRABS THE ANCHOR, RIPS IT OFF THE CHAIN, AND USES IT TO STRIKE SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1. SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 USES ITS SHIELD TO BLOCK THE ANCHOR.

Panel 5.

SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 IS FLUNG OFF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP AND INTO THE AIR.

Panel 6.

TO̅MI FLIES OVER SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 WHILE IT'S STILL IN THE AIR AND THROWS THE ANCHOR DOWN ON TOP OF IT SENDING IT PLUMMETING INTO THE SEA BELOW.

PAGE 20 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TOP-DOWN PANEL SHOWS TO̅MI AIMING HER HAND AT THE ANCHOR AND FIRING AN ELECTRIC BOLT AT IT BEFORE SCIMITAR SELACHII NO. 1 REACHES THE WATER ELECTROCUTING IT.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Lairhdlailr!

Panel 2.

A WORM-LIKE CREATURE KNOWN AS A PALP RISES OUT OF THE WATER AND TACKLES TO̅MI.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI IS FORCED INTO THE WATER BY THE PALP.

Panel 4.

LYME REACHES INTO THE WATER FROM THE O.S.O. WARSHIP AND GRABS THE PALP.

Panel 5.

LYME YANKS THE PALP OUT OF THE WATER.

LYME: (BALLOON)
Just ew!

Panel 6.

LYME THROWS THE PALP AT THE UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATE SHIP ON THE STARBOARD BOW DESTROYING ONE OF ITS MASTS.

PAGE 21 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI BEGINS TO RESURFACE SWIMMING BACK UP TO THE SURFACE OF THE WATER.

Panel 2.

HOWEVER, A HUMANOID HORSESHOE CRAB CREATURE KNOWN AS A MERMARE AMBUSHES TO̅MI GRABBING ONTO HER.

Panel 3.

THE MERMARE BEGINS TO DIVE BACK INTO THE WATER.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI BREAKS FREE FROM THE MERMARE BREAKING ITS LEGS IN THE PROCESS.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI AIMS HER HAND AT THE MERMARE, SHOOTS A LIGHTNING BOLT AT IT, AND KILLS IT.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Lairhdlailr!

Panel 6.

TO̅MI FLIES BACK ONTO THE DECK OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
Are those cannons not done charging yet?

PAGE 22 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE CANNONS OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP ARE FIRED AT THE PIRATE SHIPS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE WARSHIP WHICH DESTROYS THEM.

Panel 2.

THE PIRATE SHIPS BEGIN TO SINK INTO THE SEA WITH THE CREW CHEERING AT THEIR VICTORY.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (TRANSMISSION BALLOON)
That was some good work from all of you. We'll be arriving at the source of the energy signature soon.

Panel 3.

THE O.S.O. WARSHIP CONTINUES TO ITS DESTINATION PLOWING THROUGH THE UNRESTING WINDS AND WAVES.

Panel 4.

SUDDENLY IN FRONT OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP, THE SEA SERPENT EMERGES FROM THE WATER. THE SEA SERPENT ROARS AT THE O.S.O. WARSHIP SHAKING IT WITH THE VIBRATIONS OF ITS BELLOWS.

Panel 5.

INSIDE THE BRIDGE JAADEN LOOKS AT THE SEA SERPENT WITH A PANICKED EXPRESSION. THE O.S.O. COMMANDER LOOKS AT THE SEAPANT WITH A SPITEFUL EXPRESSION WHILE FLIPPING A SWITCH ON THE CONTROL PANEL.

JAADEN: (BALLOON)
Please tell me you have something to deal with that thing.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (BALLOON)
You bet I do. It's time for some payback you slimy bastard!

Panel 6.

POWER IS REDIRECTED TO A THIRD CANNON THAT EMERGES FROM THE DECK OF THE SHIP.

O.S.O. COMMANDER: (TRANSMISSION BALLOON)
Alright, same deal as last time. I need exactly one minute to get the cannon to full charge and that thing is history.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
That's all? I can do this with my eyes closed.  

PAGE 23 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI FLIES THROUGH THE AIR AT THE SEA SERPENT.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI DODGES AS THE SEA SERPENT ATTEMPTS TO BITE HER.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI PUNCHES THE SEA SERPENT IN THE JAW.

Panel 4.

THE SEA SERPENT SWATS TO̅MI WITH ITS HEAD KNOCKING HER BACK THROUGH THE AIR.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI AIMS HER HAND AT THE SEA SERPENT AS IT ATTEMPTS TO BITE HER.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Shiirreairs!

Panel 6.

TO̅MI FIRES A LARGE FORCE OF KINETIC ENERGY THAT STRIKES THE SEA SERPENT IN THE EYE.

PAGE 24 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

THE SEA SERPENT FLAILS IN PAIN AND HITS TO̅MI WITH ITS TAIL SENDING HER CAREENING OUT OF THE SKY.

Panel 2.

LYME HOLDS ONTO THE MAST OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP, EXTENDS HER ARM OUT TO REACH TO̅MI, AND CATCHES HER BY THE ARM. LYME GLANCES AT TO̅MI WITH A SMIRK AND TO̅MI EXPRESSES A RELIEVED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Urgh, thanks for the assist.

LYME: (BALLOON)
Someone's gotta look after you!

Panel 3.

LYME SWINGS AROUND THE MASS AND THROWS TO̅MI BACK AT THE SEA SERPENT.

Panel 4.

TO̅MI MISSES THE SEA SERPENT AS IT DODGES HER ATTEMPT TO PUNCH IT.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Damn it!

Panel 5.

LYME PUNCHES THE SEA SERPENT IN THE STOMACH WITH AN ENLARGED FIST STUNNING IT.

Panel 6.

LYME LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN EAGER EXPRESSION.

LYME: (BALLOON)
Now's your chance! Lock him in place!

PAGE 25 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI AIMS HER HAND AT THE SEA SERPENT WITH AN EAGER AND DEVIOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Ireairs!

Panel 2.

VERTICAL PANEL DISPLAYS THE SEA SERPENT FROZEN SOLID FROM TO̅MI'S ATTACK.

Panel 3.

SMALL PANEL DISPLAYING THE O.S.O. COMMANDER PULLING THE TRIGGER.

Panel 4.

VERTICAL PANEL DISPLAYS THE SEA SERPENT HIT BY THE BLAST OF THE CANNON.

Panel 5.

AS THE SEA SERPENT CHUNKS FALL INTO THE SEA ALL OF THE MEMBERS OF THE CREW ROAR WITH AN EXHILARATED CHEER.

PAGE 26 (THREE PANELS)

Panel 1.

LYME APPROACHES TO̅MI WITH A PUZZLED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI HAS A TROUBLED EXPRESSION AS SHE LOOKS UP TOWARDS THE BRIDGE.

LYME: (BALLOON)
What's up with you? Don't tell me you have a soft spot for monsters.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
No, it's not that. It's just that I guess we both know the actual struggle is oncoming.

Panel 2.

JAADEN WAVES AT TO̅MI FROM THE BRIDGE OF THE O.S.O. WARSHIP WITH A CHEERFUL EXPRESSION.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI FORCES HERSELF TO SMILE AND WAVE TO JAADEN NOT WANTING TO STYMIE THE MOOD OF THE VICTORY.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
... I just hope that I don't have to resolve to hurt Jaaden to beat him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 142 19
To̅mi Andrei is never the person you would think of to resist embarking on amazing experiences. On the other hand, adventure has its way of finding y...
144 58 27
Novel Description: In the enchanting realm of "Caelum," where acceptance knows no bounds, Elian and their friends embark on a spellbinding journey of...
15.4K 1K 30
Wren is a smart-mouthed, selfish pirate who had the bad luck of meeting an ostracized, amnesiac god. All he wants is treasure not a travel partner. W...
38.7K 1.6K 38
Ah, come here lass. Yes, I'm talking to you. There ya go. Now, yer ma has told me that ya don't like pirates. Well, do ya? Aye, yer ma's always hone...