ORIGIN

psy-fly

In the 25th century, the planet Earth is only a strange legend. All three star systems are in chaos. This is... Еще

ORIGIN
The Darkside
On The Bounty
Unraveling
An Honest Cowboy
A Noble Vandetta/The Motions
Last Ones of a Dying Breed
Jail Bate
Mother!!
The Origin Chronicle/Rise of Alpha Maximus
The War
Brother!!
Freedom Fighter/The Origin Project
Viral Intentions/Our Oasis
The Omega Weapon
Earth
Soul Brigade
The e-verse
Stone Cold
Alpha or Omega/Can't Save "Face"
What on Earth...
Strike Back
Last Laugh
Omega War

Conflictive

2 1 0
psy-fly

Tetrona was on the other side of Nebulis, which was opposite of where the Brigade outpost used to be. The two opposite sides of Nebulis didn't get along because of political unrest. Tetrona was considered a good hiding place because of its expensive security. But to be safe, the rescue mission would have to be a two-man job. They docked the ship on a small hangar that had fueling stations and entered one of the larger colonies, which was part of a cluster of them all connected through interwoven commute tunnels. Everybody laid low at one of the lodges while Circuit and Blake entered one of the more luxurious living complexes on that particular compound. The security was tight but they knew Blake. They knew he worked for the Star Brigade so they were cordial. Parts of the colony were rich communities. They looked like giant bubble clusters designed to simulate the landscapes and atmospheres of different planets. Blake and Circuit made their way through a highly trafficked central point outside an expensive network of secured living quarters near the nucleus of the bubble.

When they got to the community they were looking for, Blake looked anxious as he took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He knocked on the door. A teenage boy opened the door. He smiled at Blake and they hugged for a while. Blake introduced Circuit to his son. His wife later came and everybody ended up in a plush dining room at the table waiting for a maid to serve them food. Blake and his son were catching up. They laughed and joked around. Halfway through the meal, which was Nebulisian seafood, the conversation took a more serious turn.

Blake was trying to get his wife to understand that if they didn't leave Tetrona with him they would be in danger. But Blake's wife obviously put a lot of confidence in Tetrona. She and her son had gotten very comfortable with their posh lifestyle on the space colony and, unfortunately, the absence of Blake. The conversation got a little heated when Blake couldn't convince his wife to leave despite his sincere and endearing efforts. Even Circuit tried to interject with the point that when corrupt Star Brigade officials found out about Blake's current stand with the Origin Project, their lives would be in serious danger.

Blake and his wife started to argue. As the argument grew more aggressive, Circuit began to get nervous. He knew that he and Blake were being watched by the colony's armed security. And he knew they cooperated with the Star Brigade, which made him even more nervous, as Blake and his stubborn wife started to scream loud enough to be heard outside. Suddenly, Blake's son, clearly agitated, stood up at the table. He looked at his father indignantly and said: "Stop this! Dad, how can you just come here expecting us to listen to you all of a sudden? This is the first meal you've had with us in ten years! We've heard all the stories about your crooked ties with outlaw bands! It's not a secret! And now you come here like Mr. Hero; telling us we're in danger!? You created this whole situation. And to add insult, you probably don't even know how I've been doing in school or how mom worried about your whereabouts 'til she needed medicine for the stress! To tell the truth, I rather die on this colony than live on the run with a deadbeat." After that, the boy left the room. Blake's wife stood up and asked Blake to leave. He tried to reason with them one last time but they weren't having it. Finally, after he was pleading with them almost to the point of tears, Blake's wife started to alert security over her wrist gadget, but Circuit stopped her. Circuit had to make Blake leave before one of the armed guards arrived. 

Circuit and Blake eventually ended up back on the ship with Bio and everyone else, but not before Blake got into an altercation with a group of security guards just outside the living quarters. Blake ended up in a tussle with one of them. The guard ended up reporting the fight to a low-rank Star Brigade space station patrol unit. Without their knowledge, Bio's ship had been marked by a drone just outside of the space station.

Some days later, everyone found out about the attack on Citadel while they were on their way there. No one took the news easily, especially Ato and Oasis. Oasis was distraught beyond comfort and even Bio and Ato broke down. Though it felt beyond belief, they just knew Ezrith, Akira, Storm, Max and most of the ghost agents had to be dead or repurposed by now. It was like starting all over again. The hope of Origin Project's cause was dead and they had no direction. To make things worse, Blake Austere later found out that corrupt Brigade operatives had kidnapped his wife and son. For all he knew, they were probably already dead too.

Three-quarters of the ghost agents from Citadel had already been killed or repurposed, but the rest were in hiding on different planets and space stations, some not far from where Celestia was.

With the help of Vander Horeme and his advanced technology, Max found a way to locate, contact, and communicate with many of the ghost agents. Max was trying to organize a way to get some of the ghost agents to Celestia so they could regroup and continue Origin Project's efforts; perhaps some type of surprise attack on some harvest sites.

But Vander Horeme strongly objected to that idea. He agreed to help Max communicate with the last of the ghost agents but he didn't want anything to do with their "radical" movement. He didn't want any war to come to Celestia. He was all about peace, which was a good thing, but Max was trying to get him to understand that Origin Project's revolution was very necessary.

Max sat Horeme down and told him: "Look. You may know a few things about what your grandfather went through as a Soul Brigade soldier but even the peace of Celestia could be at stake here as well. As we speak, Alpha Maximus and his slaves have many harvest sites located around Plumorita. On them are many weapons being formed against us. Bangora was the first but probably not the last planet Alpha Maximus can destroy. Origin Project is a level up from the Star Brigade just as the Star Brigade was from the Soul Brigade.

Horeme turned away from Max in frustration. Max could sense his angst. "What's wrong?" Max said. "Don't you wanna save humankind? What you have on Celestia is what we all want!" "Why?" asked Horeme. "So we can, as humans with our destructive nature, just ruin it anyway? What about how Solara and Bangora's peace deteriorated when they learned war again, only decades after the exodus? And ever since then, all that Solara and its moons and most other planets in Plumorita have known is war! Can't you see?! It has nothing to do with Alpha Maximus! After all, we created him!" Max replied: "I understand that. That's why the Star Brigade was established in the first place. For peace and order...and resistance! The corruption only came when the pillars infiltrated our ranks. The Origin Project is our last and only hope! If we can eradicate Alpha Maximus, things will get better. You have to trust that. Mankind needs leaders right now, so do the right thing and help us help each other!" But Horeme looked at Max and said: "Just like Soul Brigade helped my uncle?" "Who's your uncle?" Max asked."His name was Sinkade Wulaw, a botanist from Solara. He was the inventor of a form of botanical chemistry called the Potion Arts and the developer of a triple-jointed fighting style called noble fist. He was the leader of a band of Solarian vigilantes called the Shinobi Nobles. Although they were considered extremists by Solara's government, their cause was to protect Solarians from hostile outsiders from opposing planets. He and his band of warriors were some of the first civilians to try to fight against the pillars. But the Star Brigade only saw his band as meddlers. But later, the Brigade tried to recruit Sinkade alone, but he wasn't going to abandon his band. So the Star Brigade ended up working with the Solarian government to get Sinkade and his band exiled. That was only years before Bangora was destroyed. Sometime after that, Sinkade was repurposed after he and his band settled on Volcrim.

Max told Horeme that Horeme still had a host of blood relatives from Volcrim fighting for a just cause with Origin Project. He told him about Akira, Ato, and TRU. He explained who they were and the revolutionary roles they played. So, finally, Horeme was convinced to join Origin Project's efforts and further their plans of action. But deep in his heart, he figured he would later regret the decision.

Horeme and Max later put their minds together with many of the last ghost agents to plan a strike on the harvest sites around the galaxy. Many ghost agents had recruited many fresh new members with different resources from around Vectris. Even a few different outlaw bands flipped and consolidated their efforts.

Many space battles broke out between them and many outlaw bands affiliated with the Star Brigade. But many good Star Brigade officials and others around the galaxy who gave their allegiance to Origin Project actively joined the resistance. Even a few Brigade outposts were infiltrated and taken out. After a busy chain of communication had been established, most of the remaining members of Origin Project gathered themselves to Celestia. They eventually touched bases with Bio, Ratch, Circuit, Oasis, Ato, Cannon, Blake Austere, and Digital Underground. Bio was to take Ezrith's place as active leader of Origin Project's special operations until further notice. But Bio and everybody had yet to make it to Celestia. They were too busy barely escaping death in space battles they fought with the Darksiders and Shinobi Nobles.

Back on Earth, Ezrith somehow managed to get away from Alpha Maximus' main lair when the android and many others left Earth to take care of a matter in Plumorita. Ezrith was now wandering the ruins of Tokyo. The city was a maze of collapsed buildings and rubble. The streets were packed with abandoned vehicles. Every structure was crawling with all sorts of insectoids and drones that scurried or hovered around scanning things. There were also packs of cybrid beasts that lurked in the shadows. Some of the enhanced creatures came in the form of robotically reinforced wolves with laser beam eyes. Some were lions with metal teeth and limbs. It was like a Charnobol circus with eerily designed things moving about. Every once in a while Ezrith was nearly scared to death by something that suddenly moved in and out of the shadows so fast that he couldn't tell what they were. But not one thing attacked the wandering man, perhaps not until given a direct signal, which would probably come from Alpha Maximus himself, he figured.

Ezrith came across a group of androids fighting over something in an alley. The androids appeared to be very old and damaged, obviously in need of repair. Whatever they were tussling over must've been something they could use to either repair or enhance themselves. Ezrith soon learned that most of the robots in that area gave themselves upgrades and repairs from the scavenged parts of other dead robots. He figured that Alpha Maximus probably considered these older models to be on the low end of the scale.

Ezrith eventually crossed paths with an early-generation Companion Type. The android was very intelligent and even friendly. This was because it was originally designed to be the companion of a child. The curious android approached Ezrith and asked in a sad synthesized voice: "Have you seen my friend, Tobi? I must've lost her some time ago after the explosion. She is ten years old. Have you seen her?? She's my only friend, and I must protect her." The android must've gotten separated from his human companion during the robot war that devastated Tokyo. Since the android had no concept of death, he had still been searching the ruins of the city for his companion the whole time. "No, I haven't seen Tobi, but when I do I'll let you know," Ezrith told the android, just before he started to walk away before the other robots in the alley could notice him. But the android grabbed Ezrith by the arm, saying: "Don't go that way! That's where the Better Ones dwell. They hurt the flesh!" Ezrith started to ignore the android and go in that direction anyway. That was until he saw a highly advanced humanoid walking around with a giant photon blaster. It must've been looking for Ezrith to take him back to Alpha Maximus' lair. Quickly, Ezrith got low and hid inside an old car. But everywhere Ezrith would go the companion type was right there with him. It was as though the android had found a new companion to serve and protect. "By the way, my name is Tink. What is yours?..."

Meanwhile in Plumorita, Bio and everybody finally made it to Celestia to meet Max and many of the ghost agents. Their ship barely made a decent landing at Origin Projects's newly established military stronghold, which was being constructed by Horeme and some of his people. Bio's ship was damaged severely, but everybody inside, including Oasis, was safe.

Radius exited the ship first carrying a sleeping Oasis in his arms. Oasis had the Mobile Mech-Suit pilot helmet on though it was heavy and oversized. Waking up, barely able to see through the oversized helmet, Oasis ran and met his uncle Max and some of the ghost agents with hugs. Cannon was the next person to exit the ship. He had the holographic schematics and blueprints of the Mobile Mech-Suits downloaded to his new wrist gadget. Following Cannon was a large gang of Digital Underground members with crates full of Darksider weapons. Next came Ato and some TRU agents. Max grabbed him with a tight hug and introduced him to Horeme. Max told Ato: "This is your relative." Horeme looked like he was about to get emotional as he and Ato approached each other. Horeme had so many stories to tell him and the TRU agents about Laughing Shadow as the man he was before he was repurposed. The last one to exit the ship was Blake Austere. By the unsettled look on his face, you could tell that he had his wife and son on his mind.

For the months to follow, it seemed like the Plumorita and the Euvorix systems were spinning out of control with chaos and anarchy, all orchestrated by Alpha Maximus. This was all while he and his growing number of slaves ruled the solar systems like heartless tyrants. All the while, weapons designed to destroy planets and seize their natural resources were possibly being built on all known harvest sites around Plumorita.

Everybody was all settled at the Celestian stronghold, but Oasis wasn't sleeping at all. He had recurring nightmares. Struck with bouts of deep depression, he locked himself in a room with Radius, who stood next to the door in stasis mode. Oasis had the Mech-Suit pilot helmet on. He never took it off since he got to Celestia. He wished he could hear his parents' voices again. The minute he heard about the surprise attack on Citadel, he figured they had died. Or maybe they were repurposed by now. Carrying the Helix name, Oasis knew everything rested on his shoulders now, as he imagined his future - perhaps a dark future more than likely filled with never-ending space battles and inevitable shootouts with androids and biozoids. Before, he knew he could endure that. But now, not with the absence of Ezrith and Akira. Oasis grabbed the Star Hawk One charm on the necklace Ezrith gave him and stared at it. The charm was a replica of Kengi Helix's old Star Brigade ship. As he grabbed it, suddenly, the pilot helmet powered on and suctioned itself tightly onto Oasis' head. The charm must've been the helmet's secret power source. The facial screen of the helmet lit up as Oasis inserted the charm into a perfectly fitting slot in the chin part. After that, he could feel the helmet's online computer system interfacing with his mind. This process was called a cerebral interface. The helmet's functions could be directed by his thoughts.

Cannon entered Oasis' room with some food for him. When he saw what was going on with the boy and the helmet, he dropped the food and ran over to him. He picked him up and hugged him, saying: "It's the Omega Weapon!! We had it the whole time!" Instantly cheering up, Oasis took off the helmet, as they danced around the room in an exuberant celebration. They finally discovered the Omega Weapon. Exactly how it worked was the only remaining question.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Anonymity: WH_Zero Nate K Rivers

Научная фантастика

451 31 30
The US has collapsed in the wake of a new civil war. Corporations rush to fill the gaps and provide services to the citizens in exchange for control...
Cyber Witch wdhenning

Научная фантастика

945 207 24
Years ago when a young orphaned girl, advanced cybernetics were surgically installed into Avia's brain. Able to hack into virtually any computer, con...
331 54 22
The seventh novel in The Shadow Wars. In an isolated region of space, four survivors of brutal conflicts meet and are once again forced to fight for...
Into the Void Adam Gordon

Научная фантастика

579 76 34
It is the year 2351 and the galaxy is expanding. Planets all across settled space are preparing for the next great wave of expansion. Ships are saili...